• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Mystery Dungeon Rp

Sol was ecstatic, he finally had saved enough money to open his very own exploration guild, well.... technically. While Sol was able to pay the fee to open his own guild, a hide tent with a blank white flag and a mailbox for personal requests was not the grand exploration base most would envision. The puppy couldn’t believe his entire life’s savings was spent on a handful of exploration badges and a certificate of eligibility, but ,nevertheless, he was content with what he had and was confident the rest would come later.

The fire type canine strolled over to the Drifblim notice board and planted the wooden pole of a large sign into the dirt. “New Exploration Guild. Help Wanted! Just a short walk to the North-East of Rustling Village.” The plan was simple: those looking for quests at the drifloon notice boards would be the ones interested in joining his guild.

Sol trotted back towards the base which was nothing more than a tent a mailbox set up in the shadows of the largest tree he had ever seen. The excitement that had been pumping through his veins left Sol’s body in his moment of relaxation as he realized the only thing he could do was wait for Pokémon to come express their interest. As tranquility overcame him, the puppy drifted to sleep while dreaming of creating a wonderful base in the branches of the tree above him.

Asura waddled up to the Drifblim board, looking to start his first job as a new explorer. As he waddled up to the board he took note of a wooden sign staked into the ground that said something about a new Exploration Guild looking for members, Asura had actually been looking for a group, so he decided to go check out the address underneath it. He arrived at a massive tree, he wasn't sure if this was the right place, but he did see a tent underneath it. "Did say it was new..." He said to himself. "Hello? Anybody home?" Asura asked, "I'm here about the new Exploration Guild?"

“I’m the leader.” Sol yawned from inside the tent, still in a bit of a daze.
Wait, I’m the leader! This is so unprofessional!
Quickly, the puppy jumped to his feet and assumed a much more composed and energetic status. I can’t believe someone’s interested already! This is amazing.
“Hi I’m Sol!” The fire type grinned during his introduction to the land shark.
“Sorry about that, I had a big day. Anyways are you interested in joining the guild?”

The wind blew over the trees blowing against the branches, the water ran threw the stream hitting every rock in it's way down ultimately led to a waterfall, a clear blue sky with hardly any clouds in sight on such a warm beautiful day ,and happy-go-lucky Slowpoke named Gahnen just standing atop the cliffs edge looking down admiring it all. His stepmother had several times warned him about not standing too close to the edge, but for some reason Gahnen just couldn't help himself. He looked down the cliff ,and looked over to see the prosperous village known as "Rustling Village. While standing near the edge Gahnen nearly tripped causing his to fall down and get mud on his front legs. As he got up he looked by the river ,and saw a Cacturne had just crossed the stream and was now making it's way up the hill, "I wonder why a Cacturne would be all the way out here?" Gahnen thought to himself. Gahnen didn't ponder the idea too much as he headed back down the cliff back to his home.

He saw his mother waiting outside the house. A beaver dam just on top of the water close to the waters edge. Despite his stepmother and stepbrother obviously both being Bibarel Gahnen still had no clue he was adopted, "good morning! Did you stay away from the cliffs edge like I asked you to?" Grober said. Gahnen looked over, "mhm! Yes I did!" Gahnen said to which Grober quickly realized was a lie based off the mud on his front legs. Though it was clear he wasn't going to change so she happily smiled, "well come inside already" she said before diving in the water to head to the home. Gahnen happily dived in ,and the first thing he saw was his older brother Klug happily eating breakfast. Gahnen happily ran over joining him. After they had eaten breakfast Gahnen again announced he wanted to become an explorer. His stepmother grew tired of hearing him ask that ,but knew he would forever persist until he had gotten her consent, "its dangerous out there! I already told you this many times. Why don't you want to do what your brother does? He builds dams and all sorts of construction projects why not follow him in his footsteps?" Grober asked. "Oh yea! It's great! You would love it bro! You get to go to town more often. The hydro Construction Company could always use an addition paw" Klug said cheerfully before continuing to stuff his gullet with more breakfast. Ghanen smiled and stood back, "That would be great ,but my mind is made..." Gahnen said happily. After a hearty breakfast Gahnen and Klug headed out towards Rustling village. Klug was on his way to his job site ,and Gahnen went out to try find explorer work. On their way out, "You better visit us if you actually decide to be an explorer!" Grober said.

On their way to town their ran into the Cacturne from earlier. Gahnen was surprised to see him again, "Scuse me... ,but do either of you know where the Hydro Contruction Company is?" the Cacturne asked to which Klug happily stepped forward, "Oh yea totally! its that way(Klug pointed in the direction)... its the big building over by the watermill. You can't miss it! I was just about to head there myself actually we can go there together!" He said cheerfully before looking towards Gahnen, "This is where I stop. I hope you do well in your exploration life brother. Do visit us often m'kay?" Klug said. Gahnen smiled, "of course!" he said. They both smiled and parted ways as Klug and the Cacturne headed towards the construction company Gahnen headed down the cliff towards Rustling Village. He always enjoyed visiting there since his mother would always buy treats ,but seeing how she wasn't there that clearly wasn't about to happen. He smiled as he saw the gummies at the shop. He knew they had no beneficial properties ,but he enjoyed eating them anyways. Especially the blue ones and purple ones. Gahnen saw the Drifblim fly by ,and the two exchanged looks before waving continuing on their merry ways. Gahnen eventually reached the notice board where he saw "New Exploration guild! Help Wanted!" Gahnen was so happy he just couldn't turn down the opportunity.

Gahnen eventually arrived to a humble tent with a mailbox and a large tree. He saw a Growlithe and a Gible. Gahnen decided to approach them, "Scuse me... Do you know where the exploration guild, help wanted is?" Gahnen asked. Gahnen smiled as he looked around ,"this is a nice place you got here... My name is Gahnen by the way" Gahnen said cheerfully.

Beneath the shadow of leaf clusters, betwixt the branches and within the canopy was a hunter lying in wait. Her beady black eyes and white pupils were still and unmoving, yet neither of the three pokemon below her had escaped her notice. Ariadne had arrived early, extremely early. As a nocturnal pokemon, the height of the sun would never catch her outside her burrow; or so it was, until today. The first whiff of adventure, a notice of a newbie guild's recruitment plastered onto the Drifblim board, had enticed the Spinarak into her current position. For quite some time now she'd been motionlessly watching the interaction of the Pokemon below her, cautiously, patiently awaiting her moment to strike. That moment had long since passed.

Originally, Ariadne had wanted to greet the guild-going pokemon with a scare when the first would-be guild member arrived. However, at some point, the gentle sway of the branches and the pleasant, speckled warmth of sunlight on her carapace had lulled her to sleep. Now the arachnid awoke with a start— it was now or never. Spinning silk into a rope, the Spinarak inched her way closer to the trio, carefully, silently, as not to alert them. When she dangled only a few feet above them, she made her move. Ariadne spat an /『Electroweb』the bright, electro-luminescent web acting as a light source to darken the shadows cast by the tree. It also darkened and enlarged Ariadne's own shadow, which now painted the ground black with wiry, spindly legs.

Descending from the canopy, Ariadne began to clack her mandibles, producing a frightful chitter as she approached and—

"Tktktktktktktkt— Hiya!"

Gahnen heard a weird sound followed by a "hiya!" Response. Gahnen calmly turned his head towards the spider, "Hello..." Gahnen responded before casually turning his gaze back to the others. A few moments later Gahnen's eyes widened as he realized what had happened. His heart nearly skipped a beat as he remembered the spider was still there. Gahnen wasn't necessarily scared of bugs ,but the way they went about their day made Gahnen a little bit concerned. Not wanting to seem nervous or judgmental he looked back at the spider attempting to maintain the appearance of confidence, "Hows it going... up there?" Gahnen said calmly.

“Aye, that I am. Name’s Asura, I’m from one of the many central desert villages, just moved here recently.” With that he turned to look at the other newcomers, it seemed that a lot of people were interested in joining this new guild, good thing he got here first. "You all here to join the guild too?" He asked his fellow newcomers.

Last edited:
Magnus had made a mistake. He felt it. He should’ve said something first before rushing off, but he knew that his parents would’ve stopped him. Adventuring was notoriously dangerous work—high risk, high reward, one might say. It was absolutely terrifying, yet equally exhilarating. And lonely. Very lonely. He knew that he wasn’t the only one applying to the guild—the footprints surrounding the sign newly planted into the dirt suggested at least a few others had taken it into consideration. Magnus just wished he had went about coming into town a bit differently. His brain had shouted at him that acting first was the only way, yet a pang deep in his gut strongly felt otherwise.
…He hoped his family was doing alright. By now, they would have seen his letter. Part of him hoped that they would never read it… but then, that might mean they would worry more? He shook his head. At this point, there wasn’t any room to doubt himself. What was done was done, and he had to press forward regardless.

Following the directions outlined on the signboard hastily propped by the notice board, he found himself standing at the doorstep of a tent set nestled in the roots of a tree so grandiose he couldn’t see any swathes of sky through the multitudes of swaying leaves.
Magnus took a deep breath, peering his head into the tent. “Um, hello? I’m here f–“

The poochyena’s train of thought was forcibly blown off the tracks as a highlighter-yellow string shot just past his nose, coalescing into a luminescent web just above his head. Quickly, he whipped around to the source of the attack. He froze. His fur stood on end as he peered into the eyes of what was easily the most terrifying spinarak he’d ever seen.
Admittedly, bug-types weren’t the highest on his list of friendly faces, he was more than a bit scared of them, as embarrassing as it was. The entrance made by this spinarak, however, was on a whole other level. As her mandibles clicked menacingly with a sound that grated at his eardrums (followed up with a significantly more chipper greeting, but that was beside: the point), he found himself taking a few unconscious steps back. He took shelter beside the nearest applicant—a slowpoke who had also gotten a bit of spook, judging by the look on his face—taking a few deep breaths to recover from the initial shock.

“H-hello?” He stammered, clearing his throat in a fruitless attempt to pass off the combination of fear and aggression in his tone as nothing but the aftermath of a cold. “Who-who are you! Are you… also here to join… maybe?”

Yikes. He thought. So much for a good first impression.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Triton was excited as he headed toward the Drifblim message boards with his brother Steele. Steele had been recently trying to talk Triton out of becoming an explorer. Triton remembered Steele talking about why he no longer went on expeditions and why he felt better keeping his team safe through communications job. However Triton didn't care, he wanted to be an explorer and see the world. For this reason, Steele agreed to take Triton to the message board to find any small jobs that Triton could do that wouldn't put him in danger.

When they arrived at the message boards the young Clobbopus noticed the ad for the new guild that was created. "Steele look! A guild looking for new members! I just have to join. It'll be great and I can prove that I'm going to be strong enough to join your guild some day."

The older Lucario looked closely at the help wanted sign. It didn't seem like it was done by any professional guild. Some kid probably got the ok to start their own expedition guild. Triton had already set his mind to it so there didn't seem to be any use in trying to talk him out of it. "Ok bud, but if you ever think there is a job your guild can't handle a job you were put on, I don't want you on it. And maybe someday, I will talk to the others in my guild and see about letting you join."

Triton, of course, darted away toward the guild as soon as Steele had said ok. He hadn't heard the rest of Steele's speech but he was sure it was just more overprotective crap. He saw the group that was gathered around what he assumed was the guild's base. There was a Spinarak, a Poochyena, a Gible, a Slowpoke, and a Growlithe had gathered around. Obviously there was a high interest in this guild so he knew he made a good choice. "HEY, Where can I find the guild leader? I'd like to join their guild!"

That was quite well done if she did say so herself. Seeing the jumps in a few of the pokemon below her, Ariadne knew all her effort had been well-received. In fact, it had been more than well-received! Usually, after she'd spooked someone they would be all too cross with her, but these guys took it in stride! Guess even wannabe explorers were still creme de la creme!

Ariadne's beady eyes settled on the slowpoke that had spoken first. His question was...odd, but not one she couldn't help with!

"It's not that bad y'know. The wind is gentle and the sun is warm. It's a good place for a nap. Would you like to try? I'm Ariadne, by the way."

She turned to the Poochyena as she introduced herself, seeing as he had been the first to ask her name.

Gahnen noticed a clobbopus come up and ask where the guild leader was "Im not sure... Maybe its one of these guys over here" Gahnen said cheerfully. As soon as Adriane had spoke Gahnen looked over unsure of what she meant by, "would you like to try?". He chuckled to the thought as it reminded him of being by his favorite cliffs edge on a nice cool morning where the wind would cut up the cliffside hitting Gahnen as he stood there enjoying the cool breeze. He smiled, "that sounds neat... Im Gahnen by the way" Gahnen said. After all this time talking about becoming an explorer to his mother and brother his goal was finally becoming a reality. Gahnen was still lost for words as he was so excited about going on adventures.

Last edited:
So much had happened in the brief moments Sol took to recover from his initial shock at the sudden surprise that he was beginning to question if all this was really real. In mere minutes the sign he posted had attracted a larger group of recruits than he had planned would join in months.

The question raised by a Pokémon who sounded quite young snapped Sol out of his disbelief and into reality.
You’re a leader now. Confidence is key. Exude confidence. The somewhat timid puppy mentally prepared himself before speaking in his best attempt at a clear authoritative voice.
“I’m the leader of this guild. It makes me so happy that all of you are interested in joining, but due to formalities it be best if we took this one at a time. I’ll be waiting in the tent, if you guys form a line and mingle amongst yourselves in the meantime that would be great! Thank you.”
On that note he turned and headed into the pitiful guild base. Whew, that was scary.

Nora was walking along Rustling Village, trying to get used to it. "So that is the shop that is run by... Kecleon brothers, apperantly..." She mumbled to herself.. She moved her gaze in what direction she walking, and realized that she was about to bumb into some kind of... notice board. Her eyes went wide . "New... Exploration Guild? Help wanted... Just a short walk to the North-East of Rustling Village." Her heart was filling with joy. Her heart started drumming in her chest. She broke into a smile and began walking in the direction the poster told her to. "This is it! I can't believe it is happening!" Her thoughts began running through her head. "I need to get there, but I won't rush. Can't risk coming off as desperate." She took her time, slowly making her way over.

She finally reached an enormous tree with a tent near it. "This must be the place..." She whispered to herself. "But where is... Oh!" She has just spotted a Growlithe who was asleep surrounded by Pokémon wanting to join the guild "So this is the place... Wow, how are so many people here already? Dang it, I should've ran..." She sighed and sat down. Large crowds of unfamiliar Pokémon intimitaded her. Her ears flopped down. "Ugh, now I'll have to wait until they all register... Great."

Asura took a quick look at what would now be his home, the place was pretty empty right now, but he could definitely envision himself making improvements later down the line. He then strolled over to the tent that Growlithe had just entered so he could register first, it made sense to him that he should go first since he was the first to get here. First come first serve, right? He entered the tent as he reached it, and began speaking to the Growlithe. “So, this gonna be like an interview? Or something else? I’m fine with anything since I’m really eager to join!” The land shark said, sitting down near the tents opening.

Gahnen stood behind outside the tent entrance as Asura went in ,but before he could go in he paused as he looked up to the sky a pelipper soar above the tree they were under just gliding along. Gahnen wondered where it was going ,but remembered he still hadn't signed up for the guild yet. He chuckled as he went inside ,and stood patiently behind the Gible waiting his turn. He grinned to the thought of being an explorer ,but held back his laughter.

Gahnen wondered to himself how many pokémon were going to join. At this rate the pokémon guild would grow until the tent would be crambed pack before Gahnen could even wiggle his tail. Gahnen didn't ponder this thought too much as he was more interested in exploring the beach, the mountains ,or even the desert. And the food. Gahnen was all too happy to eat, sleep ,and travel. Stopping dangerous criminals ,and saving injured pokémon. It was practically smashing two taillow with one geodude.

Last edited:
“Ummmm” Sol pondered as he realized he hadn’t really planned an application process. The puppy’s intent was to really just accept anyone with a passion for exploration, but he just put himself in a position where he’d have to conduct some sort of interview.

“Asura... right?” Sol asked, sounding less confident, “What makes you want to join an exploration guild?”

"Why do I want to join an exploration guild? Well, I want to explore the world, y'know, get out there and see things I've never seen before. I've been kinda stuck in a village my whole life and it's gotten extremely boring, so I decided to come here on the promise of adventure!" The Land Shark explained, recounting once again how he ended up here.

“Good enough for me!” The puppy chirped. Sol opened up a wooden chest he had received upon getting a license to open a guild and fumbled around inside of it until he located a shiny exploration badge.
“This is for you, it officially makes you a member of the...” crap! I don’t even have a name for this guild yet! Sol grimaced and tried to recover, offering a slight awkward laugh.
“Well, I guess we don’t have a guild name yet, but you’re in anyways!”

“Alright then, guess that’s settled! I’ll be outside settin’ up my own space around this massive tree.” Asura said, turning and walking out of the tents flaps. He felt a new sense of freedom now, he’d finally joined a guild! He immediately got to work at setting up his own tent outside.

Gahnen was happy to see the Gible accepted into the guild ,and smiled as he walked by. Seeing how Gahnen was next in line he took three steps forward. He was excited to be so close to his goal. The only thing to do now was to get accepted, "I wonder if I get to join the guild... I also wonder If he has lunch! Join the guild. Get lunch. Adventure. Then nap! Being in a guild is going to be so much fun! And the treasure! The treasure... I'm not sure what I want to do with that?" Gahnen thought to himself. Without further pondering he turned his attention to the Growlithe, "One guild membership please! Adventure!" he said lifting his front paw up excitedly. Placing it back down, "So can I join? Oh. I'm Gahnen by the way" Gahnen said calmly.

“Ummm.” Sol chuckled nervously at the strange introduction from the slowpoke. He wasn’t expecting a Pokémon of that nature to be so straight forward.
“Unfortunately that’s not exactly how it works... first I need to know a couple of things. Like why do you want to join or what skills do you have that would contribute to a rescue team?”

Gahnen stood calmly clearing his voice, "I want to go on adventures! Hot sandy deserts, dense tropical jungles, ice cold frozen tundras. I wanna see everything(gahnen stepped closer as he talked). I wanna explore! My big brother Klug taught me to fight" Gahnen said cheerfully. Despite his cheerful nature Gahnen he was completely serious about becoming an explorer.

“That sounds awesome! I’ll try to make sure that we have plenty of exciting adventures to satisfy your desire.” Sol grinned, genuinely happy with the answer. In fact, his tail started to wag ever so slightly.
“Here’s your badge, we’ll reconvene after I’ve met everyone.” The puppy chirped and held out a shiny exploration badge.

Gahnen's eyes lit up when he saw Sol presented to him a badge. Gahnen happily accepted the badge jumping with glee before turning tail ,and walking out of the tent. He quickly turned around thanking the Growlithe. Afterwards he decided he would sit by the tree ,and lie there in the shade as he waited for the others. He looked over at the others who had been waiting in line as he wondered how many would be accepted. In the back of Gahnen's mind he was hoping they would all be accepted but until then he sat there contempt awaiting to see what would happen next. Gahnen looked up at the tree to see if there were any fruit before turning his gaze to see if the gible from earlier was nearby as he sat there.

"Guess I'm next!"

After seeing the land shark and the dopey pokemon complete their interviews and gain their badges, Ariadne hardly needed any more convincing —not that she'd needed any in the first place— before she strutted into the tree hollow. Her six spindly legs kicked up a spray of dust as she skittered through the tree's opening. Her excitement wasn't content to be contained on the ground, and so she also zigzagged up the walls and across the ceiling. In fact, her spinnerette was already at work as she spun a small web, from which she descended as she faced Sol.

"Tktktktk —do you like art?"

"Right —Tktktktk— I think so too!"

Ariadne rummages around, her webs spinning and spindling until they'd formed a small tapestry with an explorer's badge. She was a rather skilled weaver already, and she wanted something small, only a few inches across, so it took her no more than a handful of seconds. When she was done, she presented it proudly.

"That's why I wanna become an explorer! To create the most beautiful art, you have to see the most beautiful scenes and experience the most beautiful experiences; naturally, the best way to do that is to become an explorer!"

The bite Pokémon cautiously approached behind the spinarak (Ariadne, she’d said her name was?), still a bit shaken from both the sudden surprise and the pressing reality that he’d run away on a whim in hopes of joining a guild. As she was handed a glittering badge by the growlithe after a brief conversation and a flash of spider silk, Magnus came face-to-face with the other dog. It was his turn.

Better not mess this up.

He cleared the small step into the tree hollow with ease, fur bristling with anticipation. “I’m-I’m here to join the guild,” he stated, struggling to keep the stammer out of his tone. “I’ve always wanted to go on adventures—experience the world outside of my town, venture around in hidden dungeons, help others along the way—and this seems like the perfect opportunity. Plus, if you need help sniffing out for hidden traps or dangers ahead and… keeping criminals at bay, I can do that too!”

He felt a bit of a pang in his stomach as he finished. Granted, none of it was a lie, but moreso a half-truth. He’d always had a taste for the unknown, but truthfully the treasure was what he was after. His prowess for seeing the unseen was top-notch as well, but his fighting skills were more or less hit or miss (miss-and-slam-into-a-wall, more accurately). However, he kept his mouth shut about any reservations he might have had.
Regardless, his speech, albeit short, still seemed to be missing something important. Something… vital. Something—
Right! His name.

“I’m Magnus… by the way,” he tacked on the end in a rush after a moment of silence.

“I’m Sol.” Smiled the puppy, a little embarrassed that he had forgotten to mention something as simple as his name. "It's nice to meet you Ariadne."

Sol was a bit thrown off by the gible that had barged in before Ariadne had even left, but he decided to cut the Pokemon some slack as it seemed rather nervous much like himself.

"Well you sound very qualified Magnus, I'm thrilled you're interested in joining I'm Sol and this is Ariadne." He gripped a badge in his mouth and threw it over to the land shark.

"No need to be nervous. We're all beginners here."