• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My Second Team Advice

I need to see if this team is strong

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Blaze Kick

Tyranitar (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Delibird (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hustle
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard
- Aerial Ace
- Rapid Spin

Kabutops (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Battle Armor
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Slash
- Aqua Jet
- Night Slash
- X-Scissor

Haxorus (M) @ Persim Berry
Trait: Rivalry
- Outrage
- Shadow Claw
- Aerial Ace
- Protect

Zapdos @ Electric Gem
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Thunder
- AncientPower
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave

This team is based on advantages and disadvantages tell me what you think and tell me whats wrong with the team.

Is this for Singles or Doubles? I'm going to go ahead and assume singles...

Hitmonlee seems pretty solid. I might give Jolly a try to see if the extra speed helps, but otherwise, very nice.

Tyranitar is looking nice as well. Pursuit is a nice option if you feel that T-Tar will be forcing a switch; Ice Punch is great against Gliscor and Dragons, yes you lose the added power and STAB of Stone Edge, but it's also more reliable accuracy-wise, and will also score numerous 4x Super Effective hits. Rock Slide is a great option over Stone Edge too, trading out higher power and crit chance for better accuracy and a flinch-chance(which comes in handy with a Dragon Dance or two under your belt. Since your team generally doesn't gain anything from Sand Stream, Unnerve is a nice option(should that ability even be available. Available on battle simulators at the very least). Overall, very good.

I have no idea why anyone would use Delibird, and as such, I'm at a loss as to what to say on its behalf.

Kabutops seems pretty okay, but I'd switch Naughty for Adamant or Jolly. With his below-average speed, I can't see Choice Band being a good option, even with STAB Aqua Jet. I'd try Life Orb or Muscle Band, maybe even Expert Belt. Waterfall is an excellent option for STAB if you can outspeed the opponent and Aqua Jet won't be enough to finish it, and the flinch chance is nice, too. Rock Polish and Swords Dance are nice options as well, to boost Speed and Attack, repsectively, preferably Rock Polish so he can outspeed numerous things. Rock Slide/Stone Edge are secondary STAB options as well, whose strengths and weaknesses are outlined with Tyranitar.

Haxorus is going to need a little fixing. Mold Breaker is going to be a mandatory nature, as you can hit Levitating pokes with Earthquake and laugh at them. Persim Berry is nice for Outrage, but...yeah. Lum Berry, Life Orb, and Choice Band/Scarf are excellent replacements, and speaking of Lum Berry.... Dragon Dance is amazing on this thing. With Lum Berry, you're almost guaranteed a use, two if you force a switch. Again, Earthquake off of this thing is powerful. Taunt is excellent to stop Status, and can potentially earn you a DD. Swords Dance is a viable option as well, but DD will fix your speed problem as well as boost your already-impressive attack.

Zapdos is looking a little gimmicky, in my opinion. Rain Dance just so you can have a perfect Thunder just isn't worth it. Thunderbolt or Discharge for main STAB. Heat Wave is a nice move, and also takes care of pesky Steel-types. Hidden Power Ground/Water/Ice work. Ground removes fellow Electric-types, Water can hit Ground-types, and Ice can hit both Ground- and Dragon-types. Roost is a viable option for restoring health, while also nullifying your Flying-induced weaknesses for one turn. Volt Switch is STAB U-Turn, so you can deal damage and switch to an appropriate counter in the same move.

Overall, it's pretty decent for the most part, other than a few tweaks here and there. Hope this was able to help!~

I made some fixes to see if these are okay.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Blaze Kick

Tyranitar (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)