1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Protect-Earthquake Team

Discussion in 'The Doctor's Clinic' started by ShinyZekrom009, Jun 1, 2012.

1. ShinyZekrom009

Friend Code:
    2466-3146-1957
    This team of Pokemon I have has six Pokemon, who each know Earthquake and Protect. This is their move set and items.

Metagross- Steel Gem

Protect
    Earthquake
    Meteor Mash
    Calm Mind

Tyranitar- Focus Band

Protect
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Rock Slide

Ursaring- Toxic Orb

Protect
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Faint Attack

Blastoise- Mystic Water

Protect
    Earthquake
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam

Dugtrio- Soft Sand

Protect
    Earthquake
    Tri Attack
    Sandstorm

Salamence- Yache Berry

Protect
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Scary Face

So... what do you think?

2. KoL

KoL Expert FPS Player
    Staff Member Moderator

Wide Guard ruins your strategy and the moves you picked besides Earthquake/Protect are poor.

I'd say more, but there's really not much more to say beyond "Use something else."

3. ShinyZekrom009

Friend Code:
    2466-3146-1957
    Would it be a little better if I put in my Venasaur, which knows:

Protect
    Earthquake
    Toxic
    Leech Seed

4. KoL

KoL Expert FPS Player
    Staff Member Moderator

No, because Wide Guard still ruins your entire strategy and Toxic/Leech Seed are terrible in doubles.

When I said "Use something else," I meant "Change everything and start over from scratch."

5. ShinyZekrom009

Friend Code:
    2466-3146-1957
    I will take your advice, but how do I get past Wide Guard? Do I have every Pokemon learn Feint, or do I just not have a Protect-Earthquake team?

6. KoL

KoL Expert FPS Player
    Staff Member Moderator

Just don't use Protect/Earthquake, or at least don't revolve your entire team around it. Feint isn't going to help change the fact that the strategy itself is horribly outdated and was terrible even before Wide Guard came about, since Earthquake + Flying-type/Levitator (Garchomp + Zapdos being the most obvious pair) is already vastly superior, and even that has taken a massive hit due to Wide Guard and an increased prevalence in faster enemies such as Latios and Thundurus (both of which are also Earthquake-immune.)

Scrap this entire team and use something completely different.