• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My Protect-Earthquake Team

This team of Pokemon I have has six Pokemon, who each know Earthquake and Protect. This is their move set and items.

Metagross- Steel Gem

Protect
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Calm Mind

Tyranitar- Focus Band

Protect
Earthquake
Crunch
Rock Slide

Ursaring- Toxic Orb

Protect
Earthquake
Brick Break
Faint Attack

Blastoise- Mystic Water

Protect
Earthquake
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam

Dugtrio- Soft Sand

Protect
Earthquake
Tri Attack
Sandstorm

Salamence- Yache Berry

Protect
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Scary Face

So... what do you think?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Wide Guard ruins your strategy and the moves you picked besides Earthquake/Protect are poor.

I'd say more, but there's really not much more to say beyond "Use something else."

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
No, because Wide Guard still ruins your entire strategy and Toxic/Leech Seed are terrible in doubles.

When I said "Use something else," I meant "Change everything and start over from scratch."

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just don't use Protect/Earthquake, or at least don't revolve your entire team around it. Feint isn't going to help change the fact that the strategy itself is horribly outdated and was terrible even before Wide Guard came about, since Earthquake + Flying-type/Levitator (Garchomp + Zapdos being the most obvious pair) is already vastly superior, and even that has taken a massive hit due to Wide Guard and an increased prevalence in faster enemies such as Latios and Thundurus (both of which are also Earthquake-immune.)

Scrap this entire team and use something completely different.