• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Singles My Personal OU Team

Not really anything too special, but I feel I'd post it here anyway. Hey, maybe someone will learn from it.
Discomfort (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Speed (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Knighthood (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Ponc'tan (Gallade-Mega) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Psycho Cut
- Swords Dance

Go Slow Bro (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

I know these likely aren't perfect sets either, so feel free to leave any advice.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The sets would be fine if they weren't all on the same team. You don't need five Pokemon with setup moves on one team, two will do. Let the others focus on helping those two Pokemon with the setups steamroll through everything else.

Consider a mixed attacker as well. You currently have five physical attackers (you don't need this many,) and one special attacker who is extremely slow. A fast special attacker or two and a decent mixed attacker to knock down Pokemon that specialize in a single defensive stat would help a lot.

You could do with someone packing Stealth Rock, since it breaks enemy Focus Sashes, pressures Pokemon who are weak to it like Charizard and that little bit of damage it causes can go a long way when aiming for quick knockouts. As it happens, Bisharp can learn the move.

Speaking of Focus Sashes, Breloom's can be at risk of being shut down by entry hazards. A Defog/Rapid Spin user can help out there. Flygon, Scizor and Latios are quite strong Defog users with powerful offense, while Starmie can provide Rapid Spin if you prefer.

Consider moves like Taunt and Substitute as well; Talonflame and Weavile make good use of the former, while Breloom can combine Substitute with his Spore (this works best on a Poison Heal set mind you.) A Pokemon that can spread paralysis across the enemy team can help a great deal too, since it makes it much easier for your setup sweepers to clean a team up when they've no risk of being outsped by anything.

I agree with KoL. You could use a bit more variation on this team. A Stealth Rock user would be a great place to start. Get some chip damage in there. Physical walls will cause problems for this team.

Couple thoughts specifically for Breloom- I personally like Rock Tomb in place of Swords Dance, having an Adamant nature w/Life Orb or Expert Belt to help with damage. This helps me to catch faster or flying-type switch-ins and get super-effective damage and/or a speed drop (can help when not using Jolly nature). Plus it works well with Technician. But I don't use Breloom as a setup sweeper- mainly to pick stuff off, force switches or cause sleep. Just my thoughts.