• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My own Wall-Mence!

After much thought, I've come up with my own Wall Salamence! I want to see what you guys think. I FAIL at EV spreads, though.

Salamence@Leftovers
Careful Natured
EVs: 252 HP - 24 Def - 216 SDef - 16 Spd
Moveset:

1. Toxic
2. Roost
3. Protect
4. Dragon Claw.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I fail to see why making Salamence a "wall" requires you to cripple his offensive prowess for no reason, but OK.

Salamence will never be a wall, because his massive offenses prevent him from being considered such. Salamence is a tank, in this case - he takes hits and dishes them out, and as such you will want to combine bulk training with the offense you naturally have.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Impish/Careful

- Outrage
- Earthquake/Sleep Talk
- Roost/Rest
- Dragon Dance

Bulky Salamence actually works well with Dragon Dance since his ability to take hits makes the setup a lot easier, and with a few boosts you'll have both good defenses and good speed/offenses also - this will make you tough to stop. I've basically given two sets here: the first is simply a bulky variant of the traditional Dragon Dancer, carrying Roost in the third slot so Salamence can heal itself after setting up. The second is a slightly more complex Sleep Talk/Rest Dragon Dancer - this set abuses the fact that Sleep Talked Outrage doesn't lock Salamence down or confuse it, while also allowing you to Dragon Dance whilst asleep. Another added bonus is that the Sleep Talker can't be stopped by burns or paralysis since Rest removes the effects.

...and that, is how you make an attacker bulky.

P.S. Your EV spread is probably sufficient as it is.

Agreed with KoL here, wall is just not for Sala. Tank though is a great idea with Roost available. I love the sleep talk idea but personally find them dull to play. So I would go with Roost

152 HP - 24 Def - 216 SDef - 116 SpA
- Misc. Fire attack (Fire blast for me but up to you.
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Roost

Or something... dont work with salamence much, usually just throw Snorlax for this role. Or Miltank :p