• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My own slice of Topic

Sorry about the delay in posting. I had some stuff to deal with, but it's taken care of now. Any requests taken prior to today (10/7) are now nullified due to age. If you had a request and still want it, just post a new reply letting me know the details and I'll get on it.

Open slots for requests
1.) Virachan - Roserade (10/19)
2.)

My terms:
Feel free to use my sprites for anything you wish. It'd be cool if you gave credit, but if you forget to do it or something, I don't really care either way. Just don't pretend you made it, because these do take a lot of time to create.

If you have any requests for a cosplay trainer, I'm willing to take a look at it. Just tell me what Pokemon you want, and any details you may have about what pose you want, or if there is a pre-existing sprite you want it based off of. It usually takes anywhere from 1-7 days to finish a sprite; just depends on how busy I am irl.

Lastly, I would love any advice you may have on how to improve my sprites. Just be specific so I know what you're trying to get across. I know I have a lot to work on, so please, fire away.

Some examples of my work:
Luxray
Luxray_Cosplay_Pokemon_Trainer_by_Malachyte_Eye.png

Girafarig
Girafarig_Cosplay_Trainer_by_Malachyte_Eye.png

Spinda
Spinda_Cosplay_Trainer_by_Malachyte_Eye.png

Zigzagoon
Zigzagoon_Cosplay_Trainer_by_Malachyte_Eye.png

Yellow (non-cosplay)
Pokemon_Yellow___Trainer_by_Malachyte_Eye.png

Toxicroak
Toxicroak_Cosplay_Trainer_by_Malachyte_Eye.png

You can also find all these trainer at my DA account.
http://malachyte-eye.deviantart.com/

Wow, I'm really digging that Luxray cos-play. You have a good sprite-style.

Think you can try your hand at a Flygon sprite?

Sure, I'll give it a go. Let me know if you want anything specific with that.

I kind of want to try making a Moosechu, too...

Lol, nothing specific. Feel free to do whatever to make it, like you should be. :p

A moosechu? o.o That would be pretty cool. :D

Ooh, the Luxray and Spinda are adorable. >w< Do you think you can make a Froslass? Or a Roserade. Froslass I don't care what you use, but I'd like Roserade to be the old lady. xP

I actually saw some of these sprites when you initially submitted them into the TCM, and I thought they were really well done.
This is pretty well reinforced with that zigzagoon cosplay you just posted, I love what you did with the clothing and hair, and the use of the berries in place of the pokefan's baby pokes is really cute, very clever :3
Turning Girafarig's second head into a glove is pretty cool too, I like the way you interpret the designs onto the cosplayers

C

Celadon

I really like all of your sprites!

The shading on all of your sprites is perfect! You have also blended the pokemon parts onto your cosplay trainers very well indeed.

I really like the Zigzagoon cosplayer. Like Belle said, the way you turned the baby pokemon into berries is commendable.

Other than that, I also like the Luxray, Spinda and Yellow trainers.

Keep up the good work! ^^

Wow, so many compliments. Thank you everybody :) I was wondering if anybody would notice I replaced the baby pokemon with berries, I was particularly proud of that :p

I'd be glad to try all of the above mentioned trainer sprites. I'll base Roserade off the old lady, as well. Just to keep it clear, I'll be doing them in this order:

1.) Flygon
2.) Togekiss
3.) Froslass
4.) Roserade (as Old Lady)

I'm really excited that so many people like my work, to the point where there are people who want me specifically to make something for them. That means a lot to me.

C

Celadon

Ooh, can I request a cosplayer, too?

Can you please sprite a male Zangoose cosplayer?

Thanks in advance!

Alright, first one is finished. Here's your Flygon trainer, Moosechu; feel free to use it however you want. I hope it's to your liking.

Flygon_Cosplay_Trainer_by_Malachyte_Eye.png

A male Zangoose trainer... yeah, I'll do that. Zangoose is one of my favourite pokemon, so I'll try it even though there's already a female one.

So now the list is as follows:
1.) Togekiss
2.) Forslass
3.) Roserade (as Old Lady)
4.) male Zangoose

P.S. Someone beat me to the moosechu.
457719108_34130eaf94.jpg

And another finished. Made it just in time before I had to go do something. This one was a bit difficult, so it may not be up to par compared to some of the others. I gave it my best shot though, hope you like it, Toastie.

Togekiss_Cosplay_Trainer_by_Malachyte_Eye.png

Also, what do you all think? Should I post new trainers in a separate reply each time I make one, or should I edit the very first post so they're easier to find? I'd like to put them all in the first post, but I'm afraid that eventually the post will get too long and be more obstructive than anything. Let me know what you all think, in case anyone has made such a decision before.

One more thing. Would you like it if I sent you a message when I finish your pokemon trainer, or is it easy enough to just check this thread?

Trainers to be made:
1.)Froslass
2.) Roserade (as Old Lady)
3.) male Zangoose

I have to say - I like how your Cosplayers are more subtle than most. Like your Togekiss one here, its not completely alike the Pokemon but it has some standout features.

Really good job :D

Also...

Also, what do you all think? Should I post new trainers in a separate reply each time I make one, or should I edit the very first post so they're easier to find? I'd like to put them all in the first post, but I'm afraid that eventually the post will get too long and be more obstructive than anything. Let me know what you all think, in case anyone has made such a decision before.

One more thing. Would you like it if I sent you a message when I finish your pokemon trainer, or is it easy enough to just check this thread?
In my experience, editing everyone into the first post is good to start. People can see what you make, and if they want to request from that information you've given them. However, as you get more and more images in there then it can be a bit of a pain to load them all every time you open the page.

I find in my experience, posting the image in a separate post is good. That way you can also give the requester a direct link to your post in a PM, or something similar.

Hope this helps, Spix! :)

I have to say - I like how your Cosplayers are more subtle than most. Like your Togekiss one here, its not completely alike the Pokemon but it has some standout features.

Thanks. I tend to like more subtle cosplay when it comes to non-human characters. I think that fullbody suits are cool and all, but I feel that being able to retain the elements of the character while incorporating them into a new style is what makes a cosplay really stand out. So I try hard to make my own sprites subtle yet recognizeable. I'm happy to hear my efforts are noticed :)

[quote author=LoN link=topic=6611.msg115592#msg115592 date=1248901772]In my experience, editing everyone into the first post is good to start....
...Hope this helps, Spix! :)
[/quote]

That does help. I'll update the first post with any new information, and continue to post sprites in separate posts. Thanks for the advice.

And finally, to POH!KEMON. I accept your challenge. But can you accept mine as well? You must present to me a picture of a Pokemon of your choosing making a particularly funny face.

Trainers to be made:
1.) Froslass
2.) Roserade (as Old Lady)
3.) male Zangoose
4.) Rotom

C

Celadon

Spix, very sorry if you already started on my request, but can you just drop it? I don't want it anymore.

Sorry if you have already started on it.

Thanks.

Sorry this is a bit late but, thanks for the cosplay! I guess I kind of forgot about my request... -slaps head-.
Anyway, it's great! I think the 'rose is squares and triangles' idea is great!

Wow, sorry about that. Things got really busy, and I didn't use my computer for several months as a result.

Anyways, in order to warm back up, here's a Toxicroak Cosplay Trainer for everybody's viewing pleasure.

Toxicroak_Cosplay_Trainer_by_Malachyte_Eye.png

As for the requests from before this post, since it's been so long, I'm going to nullify them. If the same people read this post and still want what they requested, please proceed to requesting it again.

Hmm, haven't really considered it. A mug is just when you do the upper half of a trainer, only closer up, correct? I'd be willing to give it a shot once I know for sure what they are.

Yes, that's what the mugs are. My avatar is a good example of poor recolouring skills on one of the Platinum Frontier Brain thingie-maggiurs (I did it myself). There should be a sheat available at a good sprite resource site.

If you think you can do one, I'll be sure to make a request :)

Okay, cool. Yes, I'd love to make one for you. Keep in mind that it'll be my first mug shot, so it may only be so-so in quality :p

Give me any details you think are relevant to making a mug shot then, and I'll get started.

Well, it's worth a shot, no?

This is Katsuo/Rose's picture of Kari which is probably a lot better at describing what he looks like than I am XD Also, I'd like it if his skin was slightly darker than that, but only a touch? You can chose whatever base you think would be best, but remember, he's not a terribly happy person.

Alright, I finally managed to produce a mugshot I'm happy with. Sorry it's not the most stunning thing, but I really did try. It was a bit difficult with all the browns, too. They tended to meld together.

Anyways, hope it's to your liking :3

1255984681.spix_trainer_mugshot_copy.png

Glad I gave you some fun! :D It looks really good, but it seems a bit... Well, the outlining is very stiff. I'm pretty sure it's all one color. Other than that, I love it. I can't even tell what base you used! :D