• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My New PSP

All currency dealt with in this topic is in Canadian dollars, of course. Use a currency converter to make it more relevant to you.

So, we at EBGames have a tactic whereby if you trade in any games towards a SYSTEM, you get a minimum of $20 or $10 per game (depending on the game - super-old cheap ones get $10). Good deal? Maybe not in all cases, but it was in this one.

Wal-Mart was selling "PS2 Super Value Packs," which include three games, for $14.83. The trade-in value of these three particular games would normally come up to $15, but when putting the credit towards new hardware, they'd get a total of $40. THERE IS NO RULE ABOUT TRADING IN MULTIPLES OF ANY GAME. *shifty eyes*

So, naturally, I'm on duty and can't leave the counter. A good buddy of mine happend to walk in at just the right time, it seems, and we hatched a plan. He ran over to Wal-Mart, purchased twelve of these packs, and decided he'd like to trade them in. :wink: He paid $190.42 for them, and the trade-in value was $180. That doesn't sound too good, does it? Don't worry, it gets good. :p

The credit ends up getting put towards a Game Boy micro (for him) and a PSP (for me...I guess I oughta pay him back sometime soon). Well, using our minimum trade-in price guarantee, that means the value of the trade-ins all of a sudden becomes $454 instead. Stick the leftover $4.62 on an EBEdge Card for later, and done!

So, when all was said and done, we essentially paid $190.42 for $449.38 of hardware! You can NOT beat that.

By the way, any good game suggestions that a long-time Nintendo fan would enjoy on the PSP? I'm headed off to Vancouver for the weekend for the Video Games Live concert and could use some entertainment (just in case Metroid Prime Pinball isn't enough).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That... That actually works?! :shock:

Bravo my good water fish! Or should I be congradulating your friend...? Either way, that's the best get-stuff-cheap-legally scheme I've heard in ages. Now I'm tempted to head down to my local EBGames and see if they have a similar deal. I could sure use a cheap GB Micro or PSP ^_^

Here's my question, though. Did you actually want a PSP before all this? I thought you hated all Non-Nintendo consoles with a passion :wink:

I don't necessarily hate non-Nintendo consoles, it's just that Nintendo consoles are always where the best games are at. In any case, it'll keep me occupied for the weekend, and if ever I want to get rid of it, I just trade it back in for $16.91 MORE than I paid for it in the first place, which is what I'll probably do.

I've seen loads of great looking RPG's for the PSP in certain shops that I've visited. I can't remember the names of any of them at the moment but I'm sure you could find out about any decent PSP RPG's via google ^^ The graphics look great on almost all of the games I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one myself.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"Loads" of great "RPGs"? Were you high at that time? :p

No. Seriously. Does PSP have any good RPGs right now? If so, what are they? I want a PSP... I really do... I just want it for something, not just to have. And as of now I've seen no good games released for it outside of Japan :?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
(posting with PSP)
As I mentioned in my news post yesterday I got one too, also on the cheap.
I was out kitting it out this morning and now have the following:

Marvel Nemesis
1GB mem stick
USB Connector
Van Helsing
Dodgeball
and even though it`s not even on the shelves yet, Monty Python & the Holy Grail

All in all a good haul.

(My hands hurt, LOL)