• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS My Mew Won't Obey

Like many other people, I have used an Action Replay to get Mew (and ONLY Mew. After that, I gave it to meh brother.). HOwever, at first, it wouldn't obey me. I just thought, "Well, it IS a legendary, so I'll wait til I get all 8 badges.". Seven badges & 1 Earthbadge later, it STILL won't obey me. And I'm already at the Elite FOur. What should I do?

P.S. Is it okay to trade this Mew to a copy of Diamond?

There is a trigger of sorts in certain Nintendo event-only legendaries. If the trigger isn't set, the Pokemon will never obey; if the Pokemon is gotten legally through Nintendo, the trigger will always be set. There's a way to set the trigger with AR, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

And I don't know whether or not the problem will be fixed if you transfer it to Diamond.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The same trigger stops Deoxys and Mew from being used in XD and Colosseum if it isn't on - presumably it also affects D/P.

I think the later versions of the Pokemon Maker are able to deal with the trigger though.

so, if i got the action replay,to catch a mew that would obey, i'd have to first put in a code that will make it obey, or do i put that in after catching the mew?