• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed My Hero Academia! : The Rise Of New Heroes

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Minoru had switched personalities, again. He looked at the fight with focused eyes. He had a little surprise for everyone. He smirked as he looked at the television. His classmates seemed as strong as ever. When it would be Minoru's turn. He won't use his full potential, yet. He smirked, yet again, as he looked at his classmates' tactics.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Once Sakura was approved, she quickly changed into her own costume. A silver spandex attire with a rainbow spiral crest on the chest. Wearing a matching colored helmet with white eye holds as well as a multi-colored cape Sakura happily skipped over to some students watching; deciding to go socialize.

James shifted slightly as he watched the screen and ran the facts through his head. He already had his predictions as to who would win this fight, but he kept close eyes on the battle before him anyways after all he would eventually fight each and everyone of his classmates. In all honesty it was a slow battle, a boring battle- and if it were him he would've won years ago. As Cocky as he sounded, James was aware of everything that went on around them and he truly believed that he would win this one.

Mira could not hold back the several 'oohs and awes' that escaped her lips as her eyes sparkled a reflection of the screen which she watched intently. The nearby shuffling of the new student caught her attention and kindly shot a inviting smile at the girl before inviting her over to stand near her.

Maddox's lips twitched at every flaw, and his eyes scanned the battle with such attention he it seemed he wasn't even breathing. Each of these quirks were unique and he would have to narrow it down to only a couple that he would be able to memorize. The Wall Quirk for sure, and maybe the Shadow as well. He planned on also keeping the quirk of invisibility and All-might's smash just in case. Every few seconds he would mumble a cirticizing word under his breath such as 'pathetic' or 'idiot', or he would simply turn around to smirk with cockiness.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Sakura grinned as she saw another of her classmates signal an invitation over to her which she was happy to accept as she skipped next to the girl whose name was Mira.

"Hi, my name is Sakura. Nice to meet you." Sakura said to Mira, her big smile hidden behind her helmet but her tone clearly conveyed how friendly nature.

So a mirror match huh? I'm game!

Ken slid to one side to avoid the kick to the face as he would aim for a sudden surprise attack; an ink spray aimed right at Yana's eyes. If this worked, Yana would be blinded which should daze her long enough for Ken to deliver a tentacle slam to the side which would knock her away and cause damage.

Until Ron makes a move, I've got to do my best to hold out. If it means 2 on 1, so be it. I won't let use lose this easily.

Yana quickly avoided the ink attack with her brand new tentacle arm, but then she got hit with the tentacle that slammed her against the wall. Dammit! He's trying to take us both on!

Yana quickly recovered, and charged towards Ken. She then her tentacle hands back to humanoid looking hands, but they still had the same consistency as Ken's tentacles. She aimed to grab one of Ken's tentacles, and throw him far away from Veno.

Ken felt one of his tentacles grabbed and was soon flung to the wall by Yana which meant he couldn't deliver a blow to Veno.

Darn it, Yana is not gonna make this easy. Gotta answer...

Ken would shift to his base and charge, cutting off Yana as he would then shift into a skunk and fire a spray of stinky gas aimed right at her face. Ken would jump back and shift into a ram.

Too many shifts are not gonna be good for my stamina, but if I hit this combo I'll be in control!

Ken would charge and, if the gas had connected like he counted on, Yana would be stunned just long enough for him to nail her gut and send her flying back.

Yana tried to quickly cover Ken's stink attack, but she was too slow, and she got sprayed in the face. "Agh! God dammit! This stench is unbearable! I really don't wanna put my face in tomato soup!" Yana exclaimed as she covered her face with her hands.

When Yana uncovered her face, she saw Ken as a ram, and running straight at her. She quickly grabbed Ken's horns before he could nail her in the gut. God dammit! I really shouldn't change elements right now, but I feel like it's my only option right now! Yana had to make a decision fast, however, if she doesn't do anything, she'll ultimately be hit in the gut by Ken, and what made it worse, she still had to deal with the skunk stench.

Yana thought of something, however. She was able to pick up Ken, even if only by a little, and threw him off to the side. Yana then quickly jumped away, to keep her distance from Ken. She then quickly touched the floor of the building, and her whole body became the same material. Yana looked quite tired, this was the third element she had absorbed and she still had to smell the skunk stench from before, and it was taking atone to her. But she still had to fight, so she quickly charged towards Ken, making sure he doesn't get near Veno. She put her guard up, making sure Ken didn't pull anothe "sucker" move again.

"Yare Yare.." Ron spoke swiftly as he went into the room where everyone else was. He reverted to visibility and saw ken and Yana fighting. "It looks like you need help." He turned toward his teammate. "If you want I can take him on." He pointed to veno, who was not too far away.

Ken was tossed aside by Yana as he shifted to base, giving a subtle signal when he heard Ron speak to him which gave him the okay to go after Veno. Ken panted a bit, visibly tired.

Yana is tough, no doubt. Can't afford to play it safe, I've got to give it my all...

Ken would shift into his gorilla form and charge Yana, who had taken a defensive stance, and aimed a powerful punch to try and break her guard if nothing else.

Yana was shocked to see Ron come out of nowhere. So....that's his quirk!?

While Yana kept staring at Ron, she then suddenly heard the sound of sudden loud footsteps, and in front of her was a gorilla. So, Ken has reverted into another form. I would say I'm surprised, if I didn't do the same.

Yana quickly changed the size of her hand, and used her giant hand to block Ken's punch. Even if he is a gorilla, the sudden force of the punch he just pulled should hurt him, even if just for a bit, as I am now made out of cement.

Yana wanted to fight Ron, but she was already to busy with Ken. She already knew he wouldn't give up so easily.

Last edited:
Akize was watching the fights before him very intensely, trying to get a good idea of each of the quirks mechanisms and how their users went about displaying them. Yana seemed to have been so close to the glory of victory, but she snapped back to her full form just before she was able to touch the bomb. It seemed she had a timer, which was interesting.

He watched how Ken utilized the animal forms he had, fighting pretty head on with Yana. He was definitely a fearless fighter, using his brute strength to try to overwhelm his opponent.

Akize's eyes wondered over to Ron and Veno, curios as to what their plans would be.

Mira smiled at Sakura and nodded in agreement, she paused in bare thought for a moment before tipping her head. "If you don't mind me asking, who is it that recommended you?" she did't recognize the girl form the entrance exam and was curious as to what connections she may hold to pro heroes.

James shoved his hands into his pockets which he requested for his costume for pure convenience. He stared at the ground as he began calculating plans for each person he would fight. In all honesty he didn't want to be paired with a lot of people- he didn't want his partner to be head-strong, loud, weak, dumb or anything that would slow him down. Releasing a sigh Jame's muttered, "With my luck I'll be paired with a complete idiot.".

Maddox clicked his tongue as he watched, even if he learnt Ken's quirk his lack of knowledge in animals would make it completely useless. Yana however, her quirk would be quite beneficial yet he feared it would not impact his body well, transformation quirks ever ended well for him. Invisibility however, that would be quite well- yet how was he to copy a quirk he couldn't even see? With a huff he looked down at his notes which he held with one hand before shrugging, "Why stress? I could beat these guys with one hand tied behind my back." he smirked.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Sakura turned with a smile to answer Mira's question.

"The Snake Hero, Uwabami!" Sakura said with pride, still finding it amazing a pro saw something in her to the point she would get into a school like the U.A. on recommendations. That was a lot of pressure, but Sakura felt she could handle it. That didn't mean she was gonna go around and proclaim herself better than anyone else here. They were all U.A. students and equals, regardless of how they got into the school.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Veno looked at Yana in annoyance. "The plan turns out to be useless that fast? What a waste. Oh well, I don't really wanna show off anyway," he thought. He turned to Ron which seemed to come out of thin air. "I was planning on fighting Ken, but seems like Yana's doing it. Hmm, you have that capture tape in your hands. Well, I'll make my power a surprise for now. Wrap me up, I give up," he told Ron with a straight face.

"Well, all right then." Ron looked at veno in confusion, before dissapearing everything but his hands and wrists. He tied veno up, getting them one step closer to victory. Ron then fully reverted, and looked at ken. "All right then, do you want help with her now?" He couldn't help but smirk at his opponents defeat, it almost seemed too easy.

"Gah!"

Ken clutched his fist in pain, the cement material Yana had coated her hand in causing Ken pain from the blow. Ken shook his hand as he faced Yana.

Making another shift into a animal to bash that cement could be risky. Just got to try and play it smart.

Rather than another punch, Ken would aim to grab Yana by the ankle. If this worked, he would aim to flip her on her back and then send her sliding along the floor a fair distance away.

Yana was grabbed by the ankle, and was then tossed unto the floor by Ken. Luckily, because of the composition of her body, she deal as much damage as she would normally have.

Yana looked at the distance, only to see Veno get tied up, and willingly at the matter. What. The. FUCK! Why did he just suddenly give up, now I have to deal with these two by myself! Well, there's one thing I can do.

Yana's body then started suddenly fusing into the floor, until suddenly, it looked like she had disappeared. But, if you looked closer, there was a little bump, it was Yana. With Yana's quirk, she can fuse her body into the same element she had absorbed. She showed this trick at the physical exams. With this ability, Yana can easily swift through any material, so that's what she did. She then started swifting around the room, trying her best to get as near the bomb as possible. I don't have to beat them both in a fight! I just need to touch the bomb and win!

What the hell? Where is...shit the bomb!

Ken, watching as Yana seemed to have somehow fused with the floor, went into protect mode as he went over to easily lift the paper mache over his head and move it away from where it was while trying to find any trace of Yana...and his best guess was what seemed to be a little moving bump on the floor.

"With her partner out, she's focused on the bomb only. Be ready for when she tries to get out of the floor to try & touch it." Ken said to Ron, wanting his partner to be ready for any opportunity to grab her with the capture tape while he would guard the bomb and keep it away from the floor and walls...to the best of his ability.

"Wow! Really?" Mira gasped in amazement- "Then you must be really good." she chuckled. "I'm looking forward to seeing your quirk." she nodded with a friendly smile- this round was going by so fast it seemed. If his match goes anything like this one he wouldn't be able to rely on brute force- instead he would learn all of his opponent's quirks and use their own powers to fight them, it was more of a way to show them how much better he was even at doing what they do best.

James narrowed his eyes as Veno 'gave up'. What was his problem? That wasn't hero attitude at all, not to mention how serious he was about it. And what made him think he could just leave his partner like that. His brown gaze scanned over the captured body before scoffing- "What a waste of space in the academy-" he muttered, he may have said more if it weren't for Maddox who interrupted him.

"What the hell!" Maddox shouted at the screen when Veno turned himself in, "What a coward. I swear to god if any of my opponents even think about giving up-" he growled looking back at the crowd around him. His purple gaze blazed as he returned it to the screen- "He thinks he's so good.", despite the fact that Veno couldn't hear him he continued to yell. "I was watching you- I don't care if you are hiding something, I don't care if you honestly don't give a damn about this class. But if you ever walk away from me, I'll destroy you!" he growled before feeling the gazes of students on his back. "That goes for all of your to. Learn your place quick, or you might get stepped on." he growled before feeling a growing heat in his hands- with an irritated growl he simply marched into the hallway where he began to stretch.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Sakura laughed at this. "I do my best, but I'm sure everyone here is amazing! I can't wait to see your Quirk in action!" Sakura said with a smile to Mira before turning her attention to the match.

And frowned when Veno gave up without a fight. Something about that didn't feel right to Sakura, was Veno sick or something? Did that Ron guy do something to him? Cause if he just gave up because he didn't care enough to try well...that wasn't the attitude a hero should have.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
(OOC - Posting stuff with the new Parker, hopefully this doesn't confuse too many people.)

Parker was standing around with his classmates, watching the fight that was taking place. He was more excited than he had ever been competition made him heat up, literally and figuratively. His costume was a pretty normal armored suit with a steamy gray and red color along with black highlights. He cracked his knuckles and approached a couple of the other students who were talking about their quirks.

"You guys mind if I stay here, maybe talk a little?" He figured he should probably try to make some friends before he was alone in this class

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Thanks Ron. Also sorry Yana, i just wasn't in the mood to fight. That's probably a terrible excuse, but I hope that we can still possibly be friends," Veno said with a smile. He leaned against the wall and waited to see what would happen.

Meanwhile in the room with the others, a figure appeared. This figure was a boy name Hensu. He came in from recommendations and didn't say anything. He just stared at the screen. Hensu's costume was a blank and white suit with a pink mask and gloves. He turned to face All Might. "Sorry I wasn't here earlier, I had stuff to do with Thirteen," he said. His face turned to the screen and then Maddox, then Parker. "If you'd like we can discuss about the fight. According to the others, someone gave up. That's interesting," Hensu said with a blank face. "Oh and hi Sakura," he said while waving his hand at the other recommended student.

"All right, I'll keep a look out." Ron nodded as he followed his opponents movements. He went invisible, masking where he was and proceeded to follow directly behind her movements. "All right, just like we practiced." He thought to himself, making sure to stay in an effective range of Yana, hopefully.

Ron realized victory was a step away, but so was defeat. It was time to focus, and to leave a good first impression. "I earned his way into the school with his entry exam points, but I practically cheated so...let's make this count!" He thought, making sure to study his opponents moves whenever possible.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Hi there!" Sakura said to Hensu, who she guessed was another recommended student before she turned her attention to Parker's request.

"Of course. The more the merrier I say." Sakura said, her smile only hidden by her mask as she accepted Parker's request to join and talk with herself and Mira.

Mira smiled, sometimes she felt that her quirk wasn't all that great- it wasn't as cool as explosions or shapeshifting but it was her quirk, and she had to make do with it. As a new student came in, and another requested to join her conversation Mira smiled at the male, Parker, and nodded. "Hi, I'm Mira." she smiled at him before releasing a sigh, "Everyone will try there very best in our round, that's for sure." she nodded confidently.

James looked up at yet another student, late again. From what he said he seemed that he was actually working alongside the hero 13, narrowing his dark gaze upon the boy he quickly turned to make sure his staring wasn't obvious. He then cracked his knuckles and rolled his shoulder's which stuck out through the thin black fabric of his suit. The room seemed to have gotten over Veno earlier 'giving up' scene, but he was still tense- this class wasn't exactly what you would think of when you came to U.A.

Maddox shifted as he watched the new student, he didn't know how many there were now- not that he cared. But one more face meant more competition, more to prove that he really was the very best. It seemed the battle could go either way at that point, yet he had seen enough to know what he wanted to know. Sitting, Maddox filled one hand with a bubble of water and the other with a small flame before clenching both his fist and slouching slightly mostly as a way to show his disinterest.

Yana kept trying to follow Ken as he was the one carrying the bomb. She also noticed that Ron disappeared. Dammit! I can't do much in this situation. On one hand, Ken is carrying the bomb around like a madman, and Ron isn't anywhere to be seen.

Yana couldn't handle it anymore, and jumped out in great speeds to Ken. She then changed the form of her foot to be gigantic. She would aim to kick Ken hard enough to let him let go of the bomb, so she could then touch it. But there was a problem, her new form added some weight unto her, and she can't reach the bomb as she would like.

Ron saw Yana suddenly jump out, and ran after her. He reverted back to visibility, and grabbed the capture tape. Just as she was about to grab the bomb, Ron checked her, sending her across the room. He didn't waste any time, and immediately put on the capture tape. "Victory." Was all he muttered, walking towards the exit.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Veno shrugged at the defeat. “Oh well, it’s not like we could’ve won anyways. The second Yana started fighting was the second we would lose. I should’ve reached for the bomb, but Ron would probably stop me anyways. I hoped for Yana to show she’s strong and could beat them both, but it doesn’t matter,” he thought. He headed for the exit and to the others. He reached the door of the room the others would be and quietly closed it.

Hensu noticing the door open, waved at Veno. “Hey there. Sorry you lost,” he said. Veno waved back and shrugged. He stepped aside from the door but didn’t have anything to do so he just stood there. “It’s sort of sad. I had hoped the underdog would win. Oh well. At least the next match is finally starting,” Hensu said aloud.

Ken shifted back to base, giving Veno a glare as he left, and went over to Yana.

"Sorry about your partner ditching you like that. I won't recognize this as a win, you got screwed." Ken said as he undid the capture tape and offered Yana a hand up.

Yana was disappointed, she had failed a test where she was a hero. Should I even consider myself a hero? Am I really going to make it in this classroom, when I failed a test where I was supposed to be the hero! Dammit. Dammit! DAMMIT! Yana had already reverted back to her base, but she was still strong enough to pull off all of the tape off of her.

Yana was very close to banging the wall, and tear up, when suddenly Ken appeared. She didn't want to seem weak in front of him, so she took his offer, and got up. She looked at him, and said, "It's fine. Veno probably knew what he was doing, I don't blame him at all.... Let's just head back to the classroom, okay?" Yana tried her hardest to hold back everything, but she didn't know if she looked fine to everybody else.

"Yeah, sure he did. And yeah, let's go back." Ken said, as he felt Yana was hurt by losing this event. Ken himself would be pissed off and cursing Veno if the roles were reversed, but Yana seemed to be accepting the loss even when he didn't accept the victory.

"You were awesome by the way. If I didn't have Ron I'd have been in trouble." Ken said, trying to encourage Yana as he made his way back to the class.

"Hey," Ron turned around and looked at both ken and Yana. "Good game out there." He turned to face forward again, smirking as he thought about what he could have done if he used all of his resources.

Yana looked at Ken, chuckled, and then said, "Oh, stop trying to make me feel better. You were great yourself." She then punched Ken's arm playfully. "I lost for a reason..." Her saying this then made her feel even worse. She could've done something, and yet, she still felt like she would've lost.

Yana looked at Ron, and then said, "Yeah, good game."

Yana then entered the room, waiting for All Might's lecture in what everyone did wrong in the test, and for the next two teams.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Veno looked at the door and watch Yana enter the room. He looked down and then back at her. “Hey sorry for giving up and letting you lose. I just didn’t think I can do much. I’m weak. Feel free to hit me if you desire,” he said while looking at Yana straight in the face. Hensu winced at the situation. “I don’t know who to feel sorry for. Maybe both? Veno looks sad and Yana lost even though she tried hard,” he said to nobody in particular.

Yana sighed, and then said to Veno, "I already told Ken this, but I don't blame you whatsoever. I didn't lose because you gave up, I lost because I'm..." Yana then just stood there quietly, as she didn't want to speak anymore.

It's because I'm weak. And I'm not saying I'm weak physically, far from it. I'm saying that I'm weak mentally. I could've figured out a much better solution to try to beat both Ron and Ken, and yet...I didn't. I don't even know why I'm still here.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Sakura couldn't resist the chance to chip in as she skipped over to Veno and Yana.

"You were awesome! 2 on 1 and you never gave up. You've got the heart of a hero!" Sakura said to Yana, admiring her will to fight on even in a 2 on 1 situation. Then she faced Veno, her disapproving look hidden behind her mask.

"You shouldn't have given up like that. You've got to give it your all even when it looks hopeless. It's what a real hero would do! Giving up without a fight is like, not villainess but like the opposite of heroic. Like anti-heroic or something." Sakura said to Veno.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Even though Yana's words were supposed to make Veno feel better, her sympathy just made him feel worse. Then when Sakura was telling him he shouldn't have given up, he became enraged. "SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" he screamed. He then headed to a corner of the room and used his hands to cover his tears. "What the hell is wrong with me! The person I let lose doesn't even feel mad at me, and that makes me feel bad! Then I yell at someone who doesn't deserve it! Now I'm making a scene! Ugh, why am I even here," he thought. He got rid of his tears and then standed up. He went to Sakura and apologized. "I'm sorry for yelling. I'm just not feeling well."

Hensu was speechless. He felt a little bit of shock, but he mostly just didn't know what to feel. Or say for that matter. He just kept quiet and waited for the next fight to began. "No reason to make things more awkward," he thought. He made a mental note to introduce himself to Veno later. He felt bad for him.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Sakura was taken aback, and felt guilty as she felt she caused Veno to burst like that. Even when he apologized Sakura felt the need to say something.

"Oh well I'm sorry too. I didn't want to make you feel bad or anything. I was too harsh." Sakura said, cursing herself for being too blunt with her criticism of Veno. He obviously felt bad and everyone makes mistakes, so who was she to judge him for it?

Yana looked at Sakura, and said, "Thanks. I don't think I'm that great, but I will still take your compliment."

Yana then looked at Veno's reaction, and was really taken aback. W-What just happened? Did I make the situation worse? I don't know , but if I did, I feel even worse.

Yana thought it best to not even say a word to anyone, as she felt like talking to people well then make a situation worse than it already is.