• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed My Hero Academia! : The Rise Of New Heroes

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker heard the bell that signaled the next class and made his way out with the rest of the 1-A students. He was kind of worried about the next activity, he didn't know anything about the students in his class and his quirk was useless if he wasn't allowed to kill someone. What was he going to use, rubber bullets? Without actual ammunition he wasn't very useful in a fight, he had a knife but he didn't think he was allowed to use that either. He would have to hope he could support his teammate with his eyesight and let them do the heavy lifting.

On a different note, he was very pleased with how his costume had came out. It was a plain black and gray camo shirt with a leather jacket that had a sheath on the sleeve for his knife. His lower half had plain black pants and he also had a utility belt that held his grappling rope and extra ammo.

"Excuse me, All Might. My quirk is focused around gunplay, how would I be able to fight without seriously hurting someone?"

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"WELL, YOU COULD JUST GUARD THE WEAPON, UNTIL THE TIME RUNS OUT." Suggested All Might to Parker. Meanwhile, Minoru was working on his clockwork wings. He pressed a button, and some gigantic clockwork black and blue wings, and he was flying, right now. He had another trick up his sleeve, but wanted it as a surprise.

Ken arrived to his next class, stunned to see All Might was the teacher and that there was gonna be a spar with a Hero vs. Villain theme. Ken was excited, even more so when he got his hero costume.

On the surface it was nothing special, it was just a blue outfit with white gloves and boots. However everything on the suit was coated with the same shape shifting gene in his blood meaning the costume would transform with him so he could avoid another "bare" incident. Still Ken was proud of it, now he had a chance to test if it worked.

Jei was still a bit crestfallen over ranking so low on the physical tests due to her exhaustion. She'd hoped that the fact that she had super strength at her disposal would put her near the top like it sort of did during the practical exam, but that wasn't the result. Would it be better to not use it at all at this point..? No, then I'll never get better at it. That's simply just not an option...
Walking over to her next class, Jei was realizing how much time she spent in thought rather than connected to what's going on around her. She hardly remembered any faces. Maybe she should be talking to more people and getting out of her comfort zone? She didn't like the idea - she was never good at social interactions, which was half the reason she didn't bother with them in the first place. But, hey, it was a new start. People might think she's awkward or rude, but at least she'd be out there, instead of that kid in the back of the class that no one knew what their voice even sounds like. Her...peculiar sense of humor wouldn't help, she realized, but that's nothing she could really help unless she became even more of a blank slate when it came to displaying emotion.
To her surprise, All Might himself was teaching her next class, and they were having their first real activity as hero students - a Hero VS Villain activity. And they were receiving their costumes, too! Her face probably didn't showcase much emotion, but she was anxious and excited about both.
Jei didn't really know what costume she wanted, so she was a bit vague when she made the request. She wanted something that would allow her to transform freely for when she was eventually able to that. And she wanted something with a mask and had a pale turquoise and black color scheme (something with contrast, but not too outlandish). Something that would make her be like a dragon assassin or similar, because c'mon, that sounds cool. She was probably more specific than a lot of people.
Honestly, her costume looked more like a villain's than a hero's, but Jei was happy with it. The mask was intimidating, with the face of a traditional Japanese dragon on it. An interesting design choice, considering that her dragon form relied on her wings a lot, which Japanese dragons often lacked - maybe its about the patriotic value?? The costume was mainly jet-black and skin-tight with some pale turquoise accents around her upper arm, shoulders, and upper thighs. There were some open holes on her back from which the wings could protrude, as well as very short sleeves for the arm transformations and the same thing happening with her legs. Overall, her costume seemed to allow for the mobility and flexibility that was needed for her dragon form. Better than ripping another sweatshirt. What about when I'm able to fully transform, though? Hopefully the costume was given the same treatment as Ken's where it had the shape-shifting gene. I'm gonna get such awkward tans from this if we're gonna be outside a lot in these...

Before entering the class, Yana made sure to have her new costume on. Hehe, finally!

When Yana appeared before everyone, she had her costume already on. It was a skin tight suit, similar to that of Midnight's and Mt. Lady. Yana's costume also had a bunch of shining wires on it.

She was so surprised to see that her teacher for this class was none other than.... ALL MIGHT! "ALL MIGHT!" Yana exclaimed, "I can't believe it's really you! You're our teacher!? This school is amazing!"

All Might had announced that she, and another student named Veno, would have to work together as heroes, and defeat villains, Ken and Ron. This exercise sounds exciting! Yana thought as she slammed her fist into her palm.

Yana then started looking around Veno, found him, and said, "Hey there, partner! The name's Yana! You wanna come up with some strategies for the test that's going to come up?"

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Minoru smiled, and just gave two thumbs up to Yana and Veno, "Good luck!" He said to Yana and Veno. He didn't see Ron, or Ken, yet, so he would wish them good luck. he walked over to Veno and Yana, "So, guys, you got any good strategies, yet?" He asked curiously, "In class, this Ron guy you're facing, I saw him turn invisible, so that must be his quirk. Ken's pretty powerful, too, so you guys better watch out." He said calmly.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"ALL MIGHT! YOU'RE OUR TEACHER!? THAT IS TOO COOL!"

Suddenly an energetic girl ran into the classroom and gave All Might a hag, she had a paper in her hand and she would present to the teacher after giving him a hug.

"S-sorry. I am one of the Recommended Students for the hero course, Class 1-A, but we had some difficulties on our way here. This note will explain everything." Sakura said as she handed All Might the letter.

Ken couldn't help but chuckle at the arrival of this new girl before he would go and try to find Ron to discuss strategy. But first...

"Best of luck you guys, though we don't aim to lose." Ken said with a competitive grin to Yana & Veno. He knew this was gonna be a challenge, but if it wasn't hard what would be the point to it?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"I don't think he's invisible. I just have a feeling since Aizawa shouldn't be able to get rid of that since technically it's a transformation quirk. Nice to meet you, Yana. I'm Veno and I thought we could use my quirk to sneak in and touch the bomb. My quirk the ability to manipulate shadows and use them as weapons such as swords. Thanks for the good luck, and Ken I hope you don't hold back. I appreciate your good sportsmanship but that doesn't mean I'll hold back," he said. "So what's your quirk? I think you'd be better for attacking but then again so is my quirk. It's offensive and defensive so it depends on what you have," he told Yana. He had confidence that they would be able to win if they planned this out.

Yana looked at Minoru, and said, "Thanks, and no, we need to plan our strategy right now."

Yana then looked at Ken, and said, "Thanks, Ken! But, I don't want to lose to you like I did in the prelims!" Yana then started pushing Ken away, saying, "Now, shoo. We gotta plan oru strategies!"

Yana then looked at Veno, and said, "With my quirk, I can copy any trait of any element. Here, let me show you." Yana then grabbed a rock, and her whole body then became the same consistency as the rock. Yana then added, "With this, I can also stretch my body to make new shapes." Yana then shifted her hand into a giant fist. "I'm not only limited to physical elements, however. I can also copy the attributes of lights and shadows. Will that help you come up with any plans?"

Ken nodded and walked away, avoiding their talk of strategy. Wouldn't be fair to overhear them, even if he was playing the villain role.

For now he had to find Ron and talk some strategy with his partner.

Ron saw ken walking around, trying to find something. He went up to his soon to be ally. "So, ken. We're partners now. I was hoping to deduct strategies with you, if you don't mind of course." He calmly said as he examined his partner.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"That's pretty powerful. I guess that'd make you a better sneak in. You can transform into a light and then they would be blinded or not be able to be touched or something. I can go offensive and keep them at bay while you finish transforming back and touch the bomb. Easy win, right?" he thought happily. He wanted to win this and he felt he would have to work less than expected with Yana's quirk.

Ken found Ron as he called him to discuss strategies.

"Of course not. Now then I can shift into any animal. Naturally I can use the stronger ones to help guard the bomb. I can also use senses of certain animals to track their sents and where they would be coming from." Ken said, outlining what he could do and his own suggestions before waiting for Ron's impute.

Yana sheepishly laughed, and then said, "Uh, yeah....the thing is.... I can't currently absorb any light element. In order to absorb light or shadow elements, I have to touch that element coming from a quirk user. I mean, if I could absorb the light element all the time, then I would. So...yeah. Do you have any other ideas?"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Wait, you turn into the full thing? Well I did light cuz I thought that would be better, but I was wrong! I could sneak in with you using the shadow I manipulate to transform you. If anyone attacks you I can hold them off with my shadow, too. Easiest way to win, no?" Veno said. He felt that this might be the quickest win of all the matches. "And I thought I would working a lot. Well, I am working the most, but still this is easy," he thought.

Yana thought it over for a second, and then asked, "Veno, does your shadow have the same qualities as an actual shadow? If so, then we could use that as an advantage. When I absorb your shadow, then I could blend myself with all the shadows in the building. As a shadow, then no physical attacks will be able to harm me, unless your shadow can be harmed from physical attacks. I would also be able to sneak around the building much quicker. As soon as I find the room with the bomb in it, all I will have to do is sneak into all of the shadows, and as soon as I'm close to the bomb, then I'll turn into my physical form. Also, my form will only last for 15-25 minutes, so I'll have to find the room as quickly as possible."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"My shadow is a normal shadow most of the time. I can manipulate it to act as a shield to block attacks as a solid, but that's only if I'm using it. I can, however, just have it be a ball or something and it won't be vulnerable to physical attacks. It's sort of my will if I want to make it vulnerable, because then it'd just phase through something as a fist if I want it to. If it does act as a defensive or offensive shadow then it usually will be vulnerable. If it's like a ball then it won't be vulnerable. Get it? Also I should mention I can control more than one shadow at a time, but if let's say I'm using my shadow as a ball, and I use another's as an offensive weapon, it would normally be around me even if it isn't mine. Unless I want it to not be near me, of course. It might sound complicated, but I tried to explain it simply. I can answer any question's if you'd like," Veno responded.

"Nah, it's okay," Yana replied, "Right now for the test, I'll only be needing to use a normal shadow. Maybe in the future I would like for you to explain me your quirk in further detail. But for now, that's all I need."

Yana then sticked her fist in front of Veno, and said, "Let's win this!"

"All right, you can guard the bomb. I don't know what I should do with my quirk just yet, but I can go wherever. I think the optimal thing would be for me to sneak behind and try to capture them. I think that since I can make the rope "invisible" as well that would be our best option." Ron tried to explain his theory to ken, making it an offense-defense strategy.

Mira grinned at her classmate's enthusiasm, soon it would be her up in their spots. James narrowed his gaze on Minoru, he didn't understand why the boy would help the others. Weren't they all trying to show off separately? The stranger seemed pretty smart though, he'd have to keep an eye out on the boy- as well as the girl who recently arrived. Her absence at the entrance exam meant she was recommended, he wondered who by.

Maddox stretched his muscular arms above his head and stuck out his tongue in distaste, "Come on already, people who actually deserve to be here are waiting.". He thought about what Aizawa had said about his cockiness before shrugging, all he did was state facts. "Stop talking about your quirks and actually show us that you can do something with them." he huffed to the general group.

"Okay, I'll keep a nose out for them while I play defense. You handle offense. I like our chances." Ken said with a grin, both in true belief of his words and to help give that belief that they could do this to Ron.

"Yeah! This seems like something easy. I can handle my offense without leaving any trace, so really I just have to hope your defense is perfect as well. Anyway I was wondering. What type of quirk do you have?" Ron asked as he turned different parts of his body invisible and back, examining the speed.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"ALRIGHT, STUDENTS! THE NEXT TEST HAS BEGUN! THE CHOSEN STUDENTS FOR THE TEST, MUSTGO TO THE BUILDING, NOW!" Exclaimed All Might, mentioning that the test had begun! The students who didn't have their turns, yet, were going to some place, with a large T.V, watching the battle.

Ken nodded, knowing they had time to prepare for the heroes as he would signal Ron to follow him.

"Alright, let's talk strategy and get ready." Ken said as he would walk inside the building, using the schematics given to the villains so they could find the room with the bomb quickly.

Ron nodded as he followed ken into the building. He looked over the bluprints and noted where the heroes will begin. "all right, try to stick with the plan. I don't know their quirks, so you'll have to be on alert until I tie them up. I hope you're ready." He smirked, realizing how simple the plan is.

"Sounds like a plan. Remember to keep contact at all times." Ken said, pointing to his eat piece both he and Ron were given to communicate with each other and only each other. Same thing Yana and Veno would be given when they were let loose.

"In any event, I'm gonna prepare the room with a little...surprise." Ken said with a grin as he walked inside the room.

"All right, but I can only check in every once in a while. The sound won't exist while I'm invisible, so I'll only get to communicate when I get a break." He tapped the mic piece, checking to see if it would work. He went invisible and tried to talk, but no sound came out the end of kens earpiece. "That's what'll happen, probably. Anyway, do what you need to do." Ron waved for a second before becoming invisible, readying himself at the most optimal angle.

Yana looked at the building, and looked back at Veno. She then took out her hand, and said, "Alright, touch my hand with your shadow quirk, and let's head into the building."

Ken is strong, and I don't know much about that Ron guy. This'll definitely be a challenge.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Veno nodded and separated a small part of his shadow with his quirk and made it touch Yana's hand. "Right now I think you'll feel like a solid, but I'm going to change it to seem like a regular shadow. The only way they'll stop you is if they defeat me, and I'll make sure it doesn't happen. When it changes so should you I believe. I'll make it seem separated from me, but let's hope we don't get to a battle. All shadows I use have to be connected to me, so even if I make a very thin shadow line or something, it will break if I'm not close to you. My costume is meant for camouflage in dark places anyways, so hopefully that will help. If not I can fight while heading to you but it'll seem like I'm trying to dodge attacks. Try to stay behind me so you don't look different. If we're lucky you and me will both be able to be in the bomb room while I hold them off. You sneak by and transform back to your normal self, touch the bomb, and we win," Veno said explaining extra details of the plan. He started heading for building but didn't go too far from Yana.

After touching Veno's shadows, Yana started commensing her transformation.

Yana's transformation was then completed. Her whole body was turned into the same shadow as Veno's, and so was her costume. Great the costume worked just like I wanted it too! The only thing visible were her eyes, which were glowing.

Yana then started chasing after Veno, she started moving so swiftly through the shadows of the building. This feels great! I should team up with Veno more often! His shadows feel so strong! Yana made sure to stay behind Veno the whole, so that she can keep the shadow form as long as possible. She was also checking every single room she passed, just to make sure Ken and Ron were in them.

Ron walked through out the halls, searching for his prey. He hadn't found them quite yet, so he figured they both had some sort of "camouflage" based stand. It was then that he noticed an oddly shaped shadow,and a person. one was a ways behind the other. He thought it through, and decided to stand in the middle of the hall he was in anyway. "Even if they bump into me, they'll just go right on through." Ron thought to himself as the shadow and the boy came closer. He reached for something he had hidden in his pocket, which was "invisible" as well.

While Yana was looking through the rooms, a little something caught her eye in her search. She noticed Ken! And behind him was none other than the bomb.

Yana swiftly exited the room, and made her way to Veno. Yana then spoke aloud, and said, "I found the room in which the bomb is hidden. Ken is guarding it solo, which means that Ron must be around the building somewhere. Let's just go to the room, and face Ken two on one, but let's also stay on guard, just in case we run into Ron."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Veno nodded and got a shadow ready just in case he found Ron, or if Ken leaves the room. "Alright, I'll go in first to distract Ken and then you go in and head to the bomb or help me. Just giving another option to end this thing," he replied. He made the shadow into a fist and headed to the room. There he saw Ken guarding the bomb, just like Yana said. "Listen here, I'm gonna beat you and win this thing. I promise it will be just you and me, since Yana is looking for this room. Me and her split up so it's not like I'm lying or anything," Veno lied. "Let's fight."

Ron was following Yana, acting like a shadow. She had separated herself from veno, and was an open target. He quickly reverted to our realm of existence, and then struck her with his flat hand in the side of her neck, causing her body to instinctively flinch. He went for the tape in his pocket, but saw her hands reacted too swiftly, so he dissapeared again, and bid his time once more. Ron realized he'll have to be far more precise to win this, and be able to outspeed his opponent.

That was the worst bluff I've ever heard...oh well time to play dumb.

"An open challenge huh? Fine by me." Ken said as he shifted into an Octopus and threateningly slammed his tentacles on the ground. This form had a number of benefits but for now Ken would not be the aggressor, he'd play defense as he got himself between the bomb and his enemies waiting for either his opponent to make a move or an opening to launch a little...surprise attack.

Ron saw the two split up, and it looked like veno was heading toward ken. He followed what he could see of Yana at the time and followed her. He couldn't tell what her move was so he decided to stay still and wait. As he stood he thought about how small his opening will have to be to execute his plan properly, and decided to stay quite close to her. As he waited he thought about comparing and contrasting their quirks, noting how his was ultimately superior to a mere visible shadow. He thought about what would happen if light shone down on someone when they were a shadow, but decided against trying for fear of killing his peer.

Yana looked at how Ken and Veno seemed to commense in a battle, and thought this was the perfect time for her to take action. Since Ken didn't seem to have notice her, yet, so she decided to swiftly go next to the bomb. She swiftly went from shadow to shadow, but her head then started to ache. Ugh, my head. Dammit, don't tell me that my limit is already up, but it hasn't even been ten minutes.

Once Yana was near the bomb, she started reverting her hand back to normal. Alright, I'll just have to touch the bomb, and....
But then suddenly, her whole body reverted back to normal. What!? I'm already back to normal! Dammit! I have to finish this quickly! Yana then took her hand out, so close to touching the bomb, but not there yet.

"Oh crab baskets!" Ken called out, suddenly seeing Yana appear out of nowhere as he wrapped a tentacle around the paper mache bomb and pulled it out of the way and out of Yana's reach. Ken reorganized himself so the bomb was behind him and Yana and Veno were in front of him.

Got a stroke of luck there...

Ken then sent a pair of tentacles at Yana in the hopes of wrapping her up before she could regroup. If it worked, she would be held long enough for him to wrap her up with the capture tape using another pair of tentacles.

Yana swiftly dodged Ken's tentacle, and was then able to touch it. Hope you don't mind me taking your current power, Ken. Yana's body then transformed into the same consistency as Ken's tentacles, her two arms being tentacles.

Yana then slammed her newfound tentacles unto the ground, and aimed to kick Ken's octopus face(?). She then looked at Veno, and said, "Hurry and grab the bomb! I'll distract Ken for as long as I can! I haven't seen Ron, so you should be fine!"