• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join My Hero Academia: The Next Generation Of Heroes

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Liam
Liam was up before his sister this morning as he didn't want another rude awakening via his sister Mandy. He had barely slept anyway since this was one of the biggest days of his life. He didn't have much to pack since he didn't own much. He had the basic essentials, toiletries, spare outfits for when they aren't in uniform, and a poster of U-Ravity for his dorm. He was very nervous about having a dorm mate, but overall he was just excited about the experience. He was so lost in thought about the whole thing he didn't notice Mandy come in and surprise him. "BOO!"

"AHHHH! Sis, why did you do that? You know I'm super nervous for today."

"I know silly, but if you stare at your room like a lump of potatoes much longer, you won't have time for the breakfast I made you." Liam went out of his room and sat down for his sister's legendary pancakes. He wasn't sure if it was just that he didn't get to have them often or they were just really good, but it was his favorite dish by far. He ate up and then hugged his sister goodbye.

"Make sure you call me if you get nervous, or if you just want to talk. I'm always here for you little bro and don't forget it." Liam told his sister goodbye and headed for UA campus.

When Liam arrived it seemed like other people were just making it there as well, so he didn't seem too late. There were a lot of people he recognized from the entrance exam. Of course, that was to be expected since everyone took the Entrance exam except a select few students who got in on recommendations. He got the key to his room and went to put up his stuff. When he got up there he saw he didn't have a roommate yet. This gave him a chance to put up his stuff without interruption. It didn't take him long to put up all of his stuff, he realized how bare his room was though. The Uravity poster gave a nice feel of home, but he already knew this was going to be a lot different from living at home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hisako

"Come on you don't want to be late on your first day do you Hisako?"

"No I'm almost ready dad," She said this even though she was definitely not almost ready. Hisako was frantically packing all of her stuff into suitcases. She had forgotten to pack the night before and was feeling the consequences of that now. She grabbed every stuffed animal she could find, which was enough to fill up one whole suitcase itself. She then packed all her clothes and other essentials and decorations for her room. She had posters of the wild, she bought a few wall decals and a nice fluffy rug for the room. She really hoped her roommate would like it all, but there was no way to know for sure. She realized she didn't have long so she gave a big hug to her dad and rushed out the door, hoping to catch the next train.

When she got to UA she was glad to see that she wasn't nearly as late as her dad was making her think she was. She honestly probably had time for breakfast, but that was neither here nor there. She went to go and see her new dorm which would be her home for the rest of the year. When she got in, the first thing she noticed was a very Egyptian room staring back at her. With posters of what she assumed to be Egyptian gods and the eye of Ra. Then Hisako noticed the girl who was sorting her clothes underneath all of the Egypt memorabilia.

"WOW THIS ROOM IS SO COOL!! So you must be my roommate huh? I'm Hisako Shimizu and I can't wait to get to know you. So what's your quirk, it must be pretty strong. What's up with all of the Egyptian stuff? Who are all the gods on your posters? The only one I really recognize is Ra. Is your quirk being able to like resurrect mummies or something, is that why you're obsessed with Egypt?" Hisako asked all of this without giving her roommate much time to answer, but she was genuinely curious.

Zidane's right head flinched as the left one just stared at his roommate. "Home sweet home huh? Tell me, was your previous home a cave or something? You're gonna have to explain how you consider this your home with concrete slabs on the floor, cause I can't see it."

"Dude, are you okay? That's got to hurt. Concrete isn't exactly the softest material around. Why are there even concrete slabs here to begin with?"

Both heads were confused about Yu's decision to bring concrete slabs into their room, let alone the decision to carry them himself. Sitting down on their bed, Zidane sighed. "Just don't put those things on my side of the room, I don't want to wear shoes with steel noses in our dorm."

--------------

Just as Donia finished sorting her clothes, the door of her dorm opened and a liberal amount of noise accompanied the visitor. "Calm down, now." She said curtly as she stood up. "My name is Donia Zaki, my quirk is called Ra's Blessing. It allows me to create and control fire, the strength of it gets influenced by temperature and the position of the sun. So no, I do not control the embalmed bodies of those who have left this world. I modelled this room to represent my home country of Egypt, the gods and phrases on the wall are important to me as they give me a sense of inviduality and guide me to be the best version of myself. The god with the head of a crocodile is Sobek, the god of pharaonic power, fertility and military prowess. He also is a protective deity with apotropaic qualities, protecting the people of Egypt against the dangers presented by the Nile river. Military prowess is something I hope to achieve by training my quirk and inventing new ways to use it."

"I am not too surprised by you knowing Ra, the god of the sun, order, kings, the sky and creator of life according to the myths. My quirk was named after him due to its ties with the sun and the fact that it can be used to keep order and peace around the country. Last of the gods on the wall is Anubis, the god of death, mummification, embalming, the afterlife, cemeteries, tombs and the Underworld. He guides souls to the afterlife and weighs the hearts of individuals. If their heart was lighter than a feather, they would be allowed to enter the afterlife. If their heart was heavier than a feather due to the sin that weighs down the heart, it gets devoured by Ammut and the judged person cannot move on to the afterlife. I know that it might seem like a grim choice for a hero, but Anubis gives people hope. People would find solace in the guarantee that their body would be respected at death, their soul would be protected and justly judged. I hope to set a similar image as a hero, someone who protects those who need protection and who judged villains justly." She explained to her roommate, deciding to overwhelm her with info just like she overwhelmed her with her questions.

"As for the eye of Ra, this way I know he watches over me. Now, time to tell something about yourself since you appear to like talking a lot." Donia finished her spiel as she put her clothes away and sat down on her bed, awaiting Hisako's reply.

Gwenrhian held her stomach, rolling with laughter, so much so, that she'd rolled right off the bed and onto the floor. She stayed there for a moment, letting her mirthful fits calm down.

"Ah don't worry about that, it was just a joke. My quirk enhances my vision, but it's not X-ray. All I see is a pretty cute face, haha!"

Deciding that she rather liked the coolness of the floorboards, Gwenrhian opted to remain there.

"I won't pry into whatever you're hiding, but it'd be pretty stressful to hide it for the...four years we'll live together? I think you should lighten up. Tell you what, how about we trade secrets?"

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Yusuke jumped up off of his bed and stretched his arms out. “You know what I’m gonna go down to the lobby area, to have a look around since I haven’t had a proper look around yet.”

He then walked towards the door and opened it as he then walked down the corridor and down the stairs to where he reached the lobby. “I wonder how everyone has styled their rooms.” He wondered sent he looked around, as an idea then struck him, “Ahhh, a room contest would be really cool, wonder if people would be down for that.”

Yu was dumbstruck ,and was inarticulate to respond to Zidane's question. Yu looked over to Zidane with an agape expression, "I'm guessing you never turned your room into a training room before?... For me I've done this fr as long as I can remember... Well... For as long as I've lived here in Japan that is" Yu responded. To him having a training room in his bedroom was as common as having a dining room next to the kitchen. To him it was just convenient ,and saved space. His father never objected ergo after so long simply became the norm. Yu wasn't sure how to respond to the concrete remark as when he trained in the kwoon he regularly attended they trained over a stone floor so having a hard sturdy floor was just something Yu had preferred as it was the type of environment he was used to training on. Yu simply smiled, "To each their own I guess... which doesn't answer the question ,but I assure you... there is a logical answer... I think... also don't worry! they will stay over here! I made sure to take that into account before placing the pads out. There should be plenty of walking room" Yu said chuckling. Yu was confident it wouldn't cause too much of a problem as they were pretty thin ,and were carefully placed so not to hinder anyone's ability to enter/leave the room or walk around the room. Despite the objects and items Yu used in decorating his room he was especially careful that everything was neatly placed ,and wouldn't cause problems for those trying to walk around his side of the room. A few moments later Yu decided to get back in his hammock. He looked over to Zidane, How's it going over there?" Yu said rocking side to side in his hammock.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Hisako

Hisako was used to people being overwhelmed by her questions– she couldn't help but ask a bunch in a new situation– but she was not used to the person she asked to answer all of her questions in one go. She tried to take in the information dump, but ended up having to sit down from the load. She did, however, find her new roommate's intense knowledge about Egypt super impressive and she would definitely ask more questions later, possibly at a slower pace. After Donia got done spouting off information about all of the posters on her wall, she asked Hisako for some information about herself.

"Oh, stuff about me? Well, my life is pretty uneventful compared to your own. Unlike you, I was born and raised right here in Tokyo, Japan. I have a dad and older brother at home but don't really have some cool exotic heritage unless of course, you count the fact that my dad wants to make me heir to the ramen shop he owns on the edge of the city. Ummmm, let's see... OOOH! My favorite color is pink, my favorite superhero is Suneater, and I'm obsessed with stuffed animals!!!" When she said that last part she opened up her suitcase filled to the brim with stuffed animals to display to her new friend.

At this revelation, Asami was even more flustered than ever before. To think she entered panic mode so quickly over what had been but a prank, oh man she already was making a bad first impression to say the least.

Though thankfully it led to a topic change, and even as Asami tried to bury herself in her hoodie she had been drawn to her comments as she slowly peaked out. Much as she'd rather not think it over, she did have a point...they were roommates for the next four years so she had no way to keep herself hidden in full from her during that time. So why not at least try to get comfortable with her?

Asami sighed as she gave her thoughts on the suggestion before she decided to speak up. "W-what kind of...secrets?"

"No...? We had no reason to do so. We don't preform martial arts and we didn't have room for it anyway." Zidane admitted before cracking both of his necks. "Besides, an apartment isn't the best place for so much concrete. Our neighbors would have a broken ceiling in no time, concrete is heavy after all."

"Can't control what you do with your side of the room, so we'll accept it. Just keep those slabs on your side, then all will be fine. And everything's fine here, how's life over there? Not afraid of falling down onto concrete? Then again, you placed those things down there yourself." The right head asked with a small grin.

------------------

Donia listened carefully to her new roommate. She was going to be stuck with this girl for her whole school career, so she might as well get to know her. She seemed to simmer down a bit, until she mentioned her obsession. A suitcase full of stuffed animals assaulted her eyes with colors and her expression turned ice cold, ironic for someone with a fire quirk. "That is excessive, did you even bring any clothes with you?" The Egyptian girl asked as she pointed at the contents of the suitcase, not sure what to do with this situation. "You better keep all those things with you, since I am not taking care of that collection. Why do you even bring so many stuffed animals with you?"

Yu chuckled, "Nah... These are UA dorms. I'm confident they would build them right" Yu said. Yu continued rocking in his hammock looking up at the ceiling. He looked over at Zidane's room to see all the posters that lined his side of the room.

You got up ,and looked out the window to see the various people walking around, and cars that drove down the street. He smiled to the sight from his window. It was definitely a nicer view than the one he had back home . Yu turned to face Zidane, "You ready for the first day of school?" Yu asked cheerfully.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
(Ruriko Shirogane)

Ruriko leaned over her bed, hands on the wall and head tilted down, muttering about possible ways to arrange her side of the room. After a while, consisting of two sessions of mumbling with a small intermission of ‘Aaaah!’, she had decided on the layout, heaving up her backpack on to one of her shoulders.

Struggling a lot, Ruriko rotated her bed around, the head against the wall and a side almost next to the window (door?), placed her backpack on it, then pushed the dresser nearer to the bed. She then resumed unpacking, tossing her clothes carelessly into her dresser, then she placed her laptop and all the key chains and figurines she had on top of the dresser.

Ruriko then pulled out two posters, one being a Wild, Wild Pussycats poster, the other a custom-designed one featuring all her favourite heroes, Ragdoll and Mandalay at the centre, placing them both on the wall above her bed.

Then, the last thing for Ruriko to unpack was her laptop charger. Once she had plugged it in at both ends, she sat on her bed and carefully moved her laptop on to her lap, starting up a game, before looking over at Zasha.

“Oh, what sorts of decoration stuff do you have? I mean it’s kinda plain over this side of the room, oh, uh yeah and I’m gonna be starting to play this game soon, so yeah, I kinda need about half an hour or something for this, that okay with you?” she blurted out, holding her hand over the enter and arrow keys on her laptop.

(Hikari Shinpi)

A short girl stood at the doorway to the dormitories, flicking back some of her short dark purple hair that had fallen onto her face.

‘Remember, do not pay attention to any frivolities other than making the room here feel like home. Why Nakayo said, “Try to make friends Hikari,” is confusing to say the least, but the point is pure frivolity.’ she thought, brushing down her dark red dress and clutching her matching cross-body bag tighter, she walked into the building.

Having checked which room she would be in, Hikari picked up her pace a little as she headed towards it.

“If only I did not have to share a room with someone else... perhaps it would be impossible to have a complete lack of frivolity, but it still irritates me nonetheless...,” she muttered to herself as she opened the dorm door and walked in. After placing down her bag, she opened it and carefully placed the vast array of small, glow-in-the-dark charms and arranged them on her dresser.

Hikari sighed and sat on her bed, pulling out her phone, dialling in a number and placing it next to her ear. “Congrats, you’re listening to this voicemail message, just say whatever the hell you want to say abouuttt now.” came a message from the phone. With a heavy sigh of exhaustion, Hikari lowered her phone and cancelled the call.

Ruriko asked Zasha what sort of decorations to which Zasha looked over grinning ear to ear, "I got all sorts of decorations! Two boxes worth!... I thought I would use more ,but I'm pretty contempt with it the way it is... A touch of simplicity ya know?" Zasha. She stood up walking over to the two still somewhat full boxes, "If you see anything you like keep it! My old man promised me if I made it into UA he'd buy decorations... Evidently I have more than I need..." Zasha said chuckling. Zasha had already seen the decorations so she wasn't surprised to see all the stuff when she opened the boxes. She looked over at Ruriko's Room wondering what sort of style she would pick. Zasha kept her opinions to herself though ad she didn't want to influence her decisions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Konju sat in his desk feet propped on the desk as he leaned back in his chair. He stared up at the ceiling fan as it spun around. He wondered to himself what he was going to do. Being a martial arts instructor had its benefits ,but he was still a yakuza first and foremost. He pondered what he wanted to do with the organization for atleast an hour before jotting down a few ideas. He crumpled the paper he had written on throwing it into the trash. As he sat there he stared out the small cracks of his window he continued idly pondering the idea. However as time passed the ideas began fading as he began thinking about what he was to eat. He sat back down deciding whether or not he would get cheap food from the bar or pay a little extra for some nice food at the grocery store.

"I sure hope so, don't wanna fall into a hole tomorrow."

"Oh lighten up, will ya? This school survived plenty of students, it can handle some concrete slabs." Zidane's left head countered the right head's concerns, which made it sigh and smile.

"Suppose so, the floor is not our problem anyway. We'll handle the problem when it happens."

As Yu asked them if they were ready for their first day, both heads turned away and the left head scratched its cheek. "I'd like to say yes, but it is still kinda scary. I mean, we're 17. We're older than most people here and it would be seriously unlikely if no one commented on our appearance. It isn't exactly flattering and a touchy subject. Not many people take kindly to my quirk, taking the gas out of account. I've learned that the hard way."

Deep within the city resided a small intersection of buildings, consisting of four perfectly identical apartment complexes constructed from aged reddish-brown bricks. A large sign rested in the field just outside the head building-

“Erity’s Home of Hope”

If the cutesy-touchy sign didn’t give it away, this was an orphanage. While the name was cliche, the orphanage itself was quite unique. Unlike most rat-infested, delinquent filled prisons that housed homeless kids, this orphanage housed ‘special cases’. This was the term used to describe kids with sporadic or dangerous quirks that couldn't be trusted in normal orphanages.

More importantly, this was the home of Kazue.

——

“Did you hear? Kazue made it through the UA entrance exams.”

“Are you surprised? He’s got one of the insane augmentation quirks.”

“True. Do you think we should congratulate him? Maybe ask what it was like?”

“Nah. He may be strong, but the guy’s a massive prick.”

“That is also true.”

Word had gotten around the orphanage. A rather unlikeable boy had made it into UA, and everyone wanted in on the details.
In fact, the talk had gotten so out of hand, that a meeting was held on the day of Kazue’s departure, much to the boy’s dismay.

——

“As most of you probably know, one of our residents will be leaving the house today. Kazue, please come forth.” The calm, smooth voice of Ms. Erity cooed throughout the assembly hall, drawing all attention to the boy in question.

Kazue, with his face hidden behind his hood, slowly waded to the front of the room, attempting not to make eye contact with any of his ‘family members’.

“Now I know it’s sad to lose a family member, but Kazue here will be heading out and attending the prestigious UA Hero Academy! I think we should all give him a round of applause!” Ms. Erity announced enthusiastically, giving the Mummy Boy a pat on the shoulder.

~clap....clapclap....clapclapclapclap....clap...~

“At least...most of you tried!” Ms. Erity sweat dropped at the lackluster applause her children provided, quickly attempting to remedy the situation.

“Alright! So everyone is dismissed, you may return to your normal daily activities.” The House Leader finished, allowing a wave of kids to exit the room, before turning her attention to the now rather uncomfortable looking Kazue.

“So, you’re really leaving us, huh?” Ms. Erity mumbled in a much more carefree tone.

“Yep...what’re you gonna do without me?” The boy was quick with his witty reply, as if he’d said it a million times.

“Shut up. I’m gonna miss you, kid.”

“You too, Erity. But I have do this.”

Kazue’s words were firm, but his appearance said otherwise. Dark circles hung under his eyes, revealing a lack of sleep. It was clear the young man had been more stressed than he’d let on.

“I know you really care about this, but don’t push yourself too hard Kazue. It’ll work out, I promise.” As Erity comforted the young man, she gently placed her index and middle fingers on his temple.
A faint orange glow ignited from her fingertips, emitting a wave that caused Kazue to let out a long sigh of relief, and a thankful smile.

Erity E. Yuno
Quirk- Good Vibes; Erity can emit ‘calming waves’ from her fingertips, which can be used to ease a troubled mind.
This quirk is capable of taming even the most ruthless wild beasts, but Erity prefers using it to help the troubled youth of her orphanage.

“One more for the road.” Erity muttered with a small smile.

“Thank you, Erity.” The dark haired boy finished before slipping out of the assembly hall with a final wave.

In truth, Ms. Erity was the only person Kazue had ever connected with. She had been there for him since he was abandoned, and her quirk often acted as a godsend for the boy in moments of crisis.
Leaving her would be...the hardest thing he’s ever done. But this opportunity could NOT be ignored. Kazue had something to prove.

——

“A roommate? Ah, jeez. It’s probably gonna be some overconfident side-character with a power complex.” Kazue groaned as he skimmed through the school handbook, only just now catching that little detail. He really didn’t have a great deal of patience when it came to interacting with others, and he expected this to cause a great deal of trouble in the coming weeks...

“Here we are...” The hooded UA freshmen cheered under his breath, cracking open the door to his dorm room.

“Oh god...it’s already here...” Kazue stopped dead in his tracks, his eyes locking with an unknown boy off to one side of the room. It was agonizingly quiet as Kazue made no attempt to interact with the boy.

Hesitantly, he closed the door, before shuffling to his side of the room. Still, it remained too quiet for comfort.

“....I miss Ms. Erity...”

Hearing the other boy enter the room, Gosa turned around. "Hi! My name is Gosa Kousoku! It's nice to meet you, Manuel!" He glanced aside and finished smoothing out the sheets. What else was there to say to his new roommate? Oh! Gosa had caught sight of the Chargebolt poster that Manuel was hanging. "So is Chargebolt your favorite hero? I'm more of a Red Riot fan, but Chargebolt's cool too!"

Gosa reached down to his duffel bag again to pull out a comforter, which he then promptly slung over his bed. "I don't really have a whole lot of posters," he explained waving at the empty wallspace on his side of the room.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
"Nice to meet you too, Gosa!" Manuel replied while he sorted his clothes and personal items. "I'd say Chargebolt's my favorite, yeah. I think he's really cool, and sometimes he uses his Quirk in interesting ways. I like Red Riot as well, I heard those two are good friends!" He replied. After he finished sorting his things and making sure everything was in place, he jumped on his bed. He glanced at the empty space that was left in the room, wondering if he could use it for training, perhaps set up a non-conductive training dummy, or something to use to train with his katana. He looked at his weapon of choice, which he put in its sheath and against the nearby wall, and then at his roommate. "So, you excited for tomorrow? I honestly can't wait to do some training and check out all the interesting Quirks everyone has... Speaking of which, what's your Quirk?" He asked Gosa.

Admittedly, she hadn't thought that far.

Asami's question gave Gwenrhian slight paused as she didn't actually know what secrets should actually be shared. After a few moments more, gathering her thoughts, Gwenrhain presented her suggestions.

"We could share secrets about our quirks; mine is called Impulse Overdrive. Or we could talk about—"

The eldest Scathach had considered turning the conversation to something more 'casual teenage girl', like crushes...or something. Admittedly, she wouldn't have had much to share there. But considering how Asami had reacted earlier and her rather skittish behavior, Gwenrhian could already imagine Asami's clamminess at that question.

Gwenrhain paused all too briefly and then switched course.

"Or we could talk about Heroes! Y'know the basic stuff like why you want to be a hero or maybe any costume designs?"

Asami had waited in silence, this convo had been a new experience for her but she tried to draw back her experience with Benjiro which tried to give least give her a foundation to build possible confidence through. Gwenrhain's proposal came though as the fish-girl had been present with two possible topic options.

One, seemed to be a sharing of Quirks. As Asami learned hers had gone by the name "Impulse Overdrive" which on top of her earlier reveal that her Quirk had some vision non x-ray based ability gave a clue but had given her no real info on. An exchange of Quirks seemed reasonable, best to know how your roommate's abilities worked if they were to be the one who spent the most time out of class with.

Though she seemed to pause as she milled over another suggestion. Asami had no way to know what she was thinking, but a blush appeared in the darkness of her hoodie anyway as she was concerned she may have gone the route of the teenage high school film. Oh what if she wished to discuss bo...

"Or we could talk about Heroes! Y'know the basic stuff like why you want to be a hero or maybe any costume design."

...instantly that worry faded as she had sighed out in relief. Alright, these two topics seemed easy enough to begin with as ice breakers and Asami figured she could least engage with that as she tapped her index fingers before she sheepishly glanced up at Gwenrhain before she'd speak up.

"I-I suppose some Quirk info could be good to begin with..."

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Liam
Liam didn't notice when his new roommate came in, since he didn't say a word. He was just contemplating how his new life would be when suddenly he heard the door shut and basically jumped out of his seat. "AHH! Oh h-hi, I'm Liam. You must be m-my new r-roommate." Liam took a good look at the boy who had walked in. He had a hoodie on which seemed odd because it wasn't particularly cold outside. He seemed reserved, which Liam could understand since this was a whole new situation. The boy looked sort of familiar, maybe he had seen him at the entrance exams. Liam wanted to make a good first impression since they would be living together for the foreseeable future. "S-so, you got into the h-hero course too?"

~~~~~~~~
Hisako
"Oh, sorry, I get kind of carried away whenever it comes to stuffed animals. I just had to bring them all. I get that not everyone likes them so I'll make sure to keep them over here. As for the clothes, I brought a whole nother suitcase for clothes and essentials, this one is just for my cute babies! Oh I also kind of needed to bring as many as I could carry with me. Watch this!" With that, she dug through her stuffed animals to find her stuffed mouse she had named Squeakers. She tore one leg just slightly and from it erupted the real-world counterpart, a cute little mouse started to crawl on Hisako's arms.

"Isn't he adorable?!? His name is Squeakers and I like to bring him out whenever I'm feeling lonely. You see, my quirk is called Stuffed-Soul. Whenever I tear a stuffed animal, I can allow their soul to manifest as a real-world counterpart. It's really cool and useful, don't you think?

Kazue’s head whipped towards the unfamiliar voice of his new roommate, his gaze completely stoic as the boys words fumbled around in his head.

Had he been accepted into the Hero course, too? Of course. Why else would he be here?

It immediately became apparent what this boy’s most noticeable flaw was. He was awkward, likely meaning he was shy, likely meaning he doubted himself and would hesitate if the spotlight were ever to land on him.

But that didn’t matter right now. Had Kazue been accepted? Again, of course. Did he say so? Not....necessarily.

“.............no....”

With that one remark, Kazue broke gazes with his new roommate and began going through his belongings as if nothing had occurred.

“Just a new set of ‘brothers and sisters’ to scuffle with. Might as well start early.”

Last edited:
"I'll start then! You already know my Quirk is called Impulse Overdrive, and its ability is in the name. It heightens all my senses, not just the basic ones but the niche ones as well—"

An Ocean-green flare once again shadowed her eyes as Gwenrhian prepared to demonstrate. She bounced off the floor, launching into a single flip before she landed on one of the posts of her bed.

"—like balance."

She demonstrated further with a few pirouettes, her form hardly disturbed by her precarious positioning.

"It's not a quirk I can turn off, but I can increase or decrease the output or even focus on one particular sense and neglect the others— though I'm not that good at that yet. There was this one time I accidentally blinded myself and— Oh, I should probably give you a chance to talk as well."

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Liam
No? But then why is he here? I guess UA could have changed the dorm system to where hero course students are allowed to room with students from the other courses like the support course or the general studies course. That would actually be really cool of them and create a sense of unity between the courses. I hear that the other courses at UA are usually mad at the hero courses for various reasons and this must have been UA's solution. Thinking back on it, he seemed kind of upset when answering my question, what if he got rejected from the hero course and I just rubbed salt in the wound.

"Oh... w-well I'm sorry to hear that. I'm s-sure the other courses at UA are just as c-cool. So what f-field are you studying then?" Liam tried to make his roommate feel comfortable. He might have gotten off on a bad start by mentioning the hero course, but he didn't want his new roommate hating him because he was a hero course student. He would make up for his initial blunder, even if he had to be the one leading the conversation, which was certainly not his strong suit.

Kazue nodded his head slowly, gradually catching onto the boys thought process.

“We’ve got a biter.” Kazue couldn’t help but crack a grin. The guy was gullible, and it was perfect.

“...I wasn’t accepted into any course.” He muttered eerily, neatly placing a few sets of rather similar outfits into the bedside drawer.

“I just walked in-“ He tacked on with an uneven glance, slapping a toothbrush, toothpaste bottle and his freshmen handbook on top of the dresser.

“It’s nice here.” He finished, sliding his backpack under the bed as he did so.

Had he gone too far? To some, yes. But he wanted to push the envelope just a touch further.

Ffffffsssshhhhh~

As Kazue laid back on the bed, the pale boy crossed his arms over his chest and, unexpectedly, was quickly encased in a thick layer of bandages that appear to creep out of nowhere.

“...goodnight~”

And with that, Kazue drifted off to sleep, knowing full well that his roommate likely wouldn’t be catching and z’s that night.

Last edited:
Donia stared at Hisako with a deadpan look. "You don't say? Needing two suitcases just to bring a ton of stuffed animals seems excessive." Flexing her fingers, she kept her eyes on her roommate as she showed her quirk. The fact that she referred to her stuffed animals as 'her babies' was a bit odd, but she kept her mouth shut. Quirks like that were common, just like how she fiddled with a coin made out of fire when nervous. "Impressive, there are a lot of applications for this quirk. I assume you stitch them up after a while to reuse them? In a fight, it would be a hassle to carry a suitcase around. Do you have a standard collection of stuffed animals you carry around? And what are the limits of your quirk? Is it limited to just animals or can any stuffed animal be turned into its real world counterpart?" As she asked the question, Donia's hand inched closer to her pillow, as if something was underneath the pillow.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Liam
"W-what?"
Liam could not believe what had just happened. A random guy had just come to his dorm at his new school of UA. He thought UA had systems in place to prevent this sort of thing. He'd heard of the UA barrier and never thought it would be thwarted by a kid. Was it off today because people were moving in? It seemed unlikely that the staff would let slip this huge oversight, but it obviously happened.

Liam didn't want to hurt the kid, he seemed nice enough, even though he was doing something that was very wrong. But he had to make sure the room was clear for when his actual roommate arrived. It was important that he took care of this quickly. "I'm s-s-sorry, but if you weren't aware, this is UA H-highschool and y-you should not be here. I think you sh-should leave. I'm w-waiting on my actual roommate and the t-teachers won't like th-that you're here. It would b-be best for you t-to leave now than be f-forced out later." He was giving the kid one chance to leave before using force to make him leave.

Hisako
"Well, I obviously can't carry a suitcase into battle every time I go out. On my hero costume, I have a belt where I can carry ten stuffed animals at a time. I have a few that I always bring: Leo the lion, Ace the Hawk, and Orm the snake. I usually change the rest out before every mission because I can't decide. My stuffed animals don't have to be based on real things, I have a unicorn and a pegasus, but they can't do much more than an actual horse. You see, they are limited to the physics of this world. The pegasus can fly, but she's pretty slow and can't hope to carry me on her back. I still love her though and bring her out for her company every now and then. I've learned how to sew really well over the years because as you guessed, stitching them up is essential to being able to see them again. I can only summon one animal at a time, and depending on the size of the animal, the time I can keep them out is limited." Hisako wanted to answer all of Donia's questions to the best of her ability, but she tended to ramble when talking about her babies. She was hopefully able to satisfy her new friend though.

Donia raised an eyebrow. "Orm the snake? Names aside, why a snake? I think a mouse would be better for infiltration, is it used for intimidation?" The mention of being bound to the physics of this world slightly made her frown, as if she was just a tad dissappointed. Forcing her lips to form a line again, she followed Squeakers with her eyes as she made a coin out of fire to roll across her fingers. "Can your quirk activate with every stuffed animal or plushie or does it have to be yours?"

“..........”

A single amber eye peaked through the bandages, faintly emanating a burnt orange glow.

Fssssssshhhhh~

Once again, the bandages surrounding the problem causing boy blasted outwards, tightly latching onto the legs of his bed frame.

Kazue was now anchored to the bed, and wouldn’t be going anywhere without it.

“I said goodnight...”

Truth be told, Kazue had no idea where this would lead. He didn’t intend for it to go too far, but he also couldn’t help testing his gullible new living partner.

“I wonder if he noticed the freshmen handbook I had when I walked in...”

"A-a-amazing..."

Needless to say Asami had been blown away as Gwenrhian explained them demonstrated her quick; something as simple as an increase in senses allowed her to bounce about the room with a ninja like swiftness but the grace of a dancer as her eyes widened even if she had her hoodie over her face to some degree.

Regardless, she nodded and now it had been her turn to reveal her Quick. Which given her blue skin and the fin even if it had been tucked was not hard to guess but she figured an explanation was needed out of politeness anyway.

"M-my quick is Freaky Fish. It is a Mutant Quirk that grants me the attributes of sharks and its p-physiology. I can breath underwater, have sharpened teeth, some physical b-buffs and certain senses. Though I require hydration at a constant rate and naturally am a bit on the useless side if I am too dry." Asami replied back sheepishly, as she had not seemed too proud of her Quirk and as she spoke she pulled out a water bottle and used it to drip over her scaly skin under her jacket before she had taken a sip herself.

"....I will provide my own water, so don't worry about that." Asami said as she had not wanted to add any burden to Gwenrhian.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Liam
Crap, he knows how to use his quirk. He isn't intimidated by the fact that I'm in the hero course. He was able to get past the UA barrier. What is this kid?
Liam was in shock of the boy's persistence. It started to scare Liam. If this kid wasn't going to move then he had a real problem on his hands as he couldn't just let the kid stay there. He was in the hero course, he had to be able to take care of situations like these without hesitation. He thinned out his body just a bit so that he could grow in size. He grew to a whole 6 ft before realizing if he went anymore, he wouldn't exactly keep his human shape. He reiterated, managing to get through a whole sentence without stuttering so that he might be able to intimidate the kid. "I said, I think you should leave."

Hisako
"NAMES ASIDE?? I'll have you know that Orm was a name that took me a lot of time to come up with. It's one of my favorites and pays tribute to Jörmungandr, the Midgard serpent from Norse Mythology. I was really into Norse mythology when I was 10. I learned all kinds of cool stories and I thought Thor was the coolest. I named him Orm because of that. I keep him around for infiltration. While a mouse, like squeakers, might be quieter and slightly smaller, Orm is a Black Mamba, and if you don't get the significance of that little detail, he is one of the most deadly snakes in the world. It's really good for intimidation and scare tactics. He doesn't usually bite, but I got the antivenom specially delivered so that, if the need arises, I can treat anyone who he does bite. This is only a last resort for him though. My quirk can activate with any stuffed animal I inflict harm to, but I don't have as much control over things I don't have an emotional connection to." Hisako was done with her little ramble and only now noticed the flaming coin that Donia had produced and was now rolling on her fingers. "YOU CAN CREATE OBJECTS WITH YOUR FLAMES?? THAT'S SO COOL!! Do they have actual substance to them or do they just feel like fire? It seems like they follow the physics of the actual object since you can roll it across you're fingers like that, or is that just because you're manipulating it to look like that? Oh, come on you have to tell me more!"

Meanwhile, Hisako was not paying much attention to Squeakers and he was running around in what would be Hisako's new home for the foreseeable future. It was bigger than her old room, which meant it had a lot of space for him to crawl around. He hopped onto Hisako's bed and then onto the floor. He was running around and ran straight into Donia's leg.

Last edited:
"Norse mythology huh? Interesting, it is always good to know about different cultures and Jörmungandr is one of the better known creatures of that mythology. I lived in Egypt, Hisako. I know my snakes and although black mambas don't live in Egypt, I've heard enough stories about their lethality. One bite can poison 20 men with the amount of poison delivered and death can come as soon as twenty minutes after the bite. That antivenom should be used carefully though, some people are in fact allergic to it. If someone is bitten by Orm and is allergic to the antivenom after you gave it, don't feel bad. You did what you could." Donia flipped the coin into the air with her thumb before grabbing it and letting it sit in the palm of her hand. "Fire is a weird thing, it is neither a solid, liquid or gas. My quirk allows me to create things out of fire, but so far there's no density or mass behind it. Right now, I am just controlling it as if it was obeying to physics." Feeling something crawl up her leg, she grabbed Squeakers without looking and handed it to Hisako. "Keep an eye on this thing. Just because I am used to seeing mice, doesn't mean that I enjoy having one crawl up my leg."

Last edited:
"Ow."

Miura was snapped--or rather, smacked-- awake when his phone escaped his hands' weak grip and fell onto his face before sliding onto the bed. As he groggily forced himself up into an upright sitting position, Miura set his phone onto the desk beside his bed with a yawn. Looking around, he noticed the absence of another person, which meant he had the room all to himself. He had been preoccupied with getting himself fully awake when he was suddenly interrupted by the faint sound of a piano. Surely it wasn't coming from his own room, but with his curiosity piqued, the teen decided to investigate. Listening for the source of the music sent Miura outside his room and in the hallway, but luckily it seemed like the sound of the piano was coming from the dorm room adjacent to his. I wonder who that is, he thought before knocking on the door twice.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Ruriko started her game, paused it, then placed her laptop to the side, right before practically leaping over to the boxes.

“Ohhhh, anything really flow-y and bright? Like neon-coloured banners or streamers? Ooh, maybe a few showers of confetti or something like that?” she smiled as she riffled through the boxes, rambling all the while, “Fruit-shaped decorations? Dancing decorations? Too many ideaaassss!”

“Do you have any of that, Yamada?” Ruriko glanced up as she asked, taking a slight pause from searching for decorations.

Yu looked over at Zidane as he listened to him explain his ideas. He laid his head back in his hammock with a grin. Moments later his grin faded when he had some of the weirdest thoughts. It was as if he had spent over a month in his room ,but that would have been silly since they had only gotten into their rooms that very day. Yu smiled again knowing they were just thoughts.

~Meanwhile...~

Zasha looked over at Ruriko, "Probably..." Zasha said. She put her cell phone in her pocket before getting up. She walked over deciding to help her look. "I'm not entirely sure what's all in here so some of this stuff is just as much of a surprise to me as it is to you" Zasha said. She moved some of the things around to see if there were anything that would match with the color scheme Ruriko was going for.

"No, that's not what I meant."

When it appeared that Asami had misinterpreted her statement, Gwenrhian was quick to correct her.

"The school allows for custom modifications to your room, you know...some people, like you, have quirks with special needs. The school can remodel the room to facilitate the needs of your quirk. I mean, haven't you considered trying to get a pool in here? It'd be a small pool but a pool is a pool you know?"

The eldest triplet was planning ahead; if there was were any benefits to be gained from attending a top school, then she was maximizing them for both her and her roommates.

"So how about we cut a deal. We can get a pool, a full-sized one! If you sleep in the pool I'll see about setting up...a hammock. The pool is yours at night, but we have joint ownership during the day. How about it?"

Asami blinked, comically she seemed to have forgotten or was never aware of that arrangement as now she felt even smaller as sheepishly she rubbed the back of her head in shame. "R-right, of course. Yeah, any aspiring UA student knows that. O-of course..."

Smooth Asami, real smooth...

Asami then listened as the elder triplet as she clarified what she had really meant and then struck a deal; offering Asami the chance to request a pool be added to their room and even exclusive use of it at night so long as during the day (And presumed evening) that they share it between them. Asami blinked, stunned that such a frankly favorable offer was made and she'd be willing to accommodate her like this as she struggled to find the words she wanted to say here.

"R-really? I-I mean a-are you sure? I-I would absolutely be fine with letting you use it when you wanted to during the day and I-I am honored but you don't have to let me have this I...I...t-thank you." Asami said, grateful as she on reflex moved to give her a hug as she accepted the deal in her own unique way.

Unexpected but not unwelcomed; that was Gwenrhian's assessment as Asami pulled her into a hug. Instinctively, she matched the girl's embrace and began to affectionately stroke her head. Being the eldest of three siblings, Gwenrhian was no stranger to comforting others, and this particular method of patting was one she was rather adept in. When she used her quirk to enhance her senses, specifically her sense of touch and feel, Gwenrhian became a surprisingly good masseuse; it was like she could feel the tension in the person she was massaging.

With her hands caressing Asami's head, Gwenrhian went on to speak softly and reassuringly.

"Don't worry about it, the hammock and the pool will be good for me too...and we'll be the envy of the dorm!"

For a moment, Asami felt comfort as Gwenrhian not only returned the warm embrace but even offered gentle pats on the head; thankful her hoody covered her scaly head as she would not imagine that could have been as comfortable if not for it but regardless she felt at peace as her roomate seemed assured by the deal and even prideful of what it would lead to. Asami had to admit it sounded nice and having a way to ensure she'd get the proper fluids each day was a neat bonus this really seemed to be shaping up to be something that she may not only had the ability to tolerate but enjoy.

Then she realized that she had been hugging a girl she had just met, and instantly she felt a blush darken all over her face as she quickly but gently broke the hug and hid in her hoodie though she had not been oblivious to what Gwenrhian had said as she gave her a sheepish nod.

"Y-yeah...this, this seems good..."

Since Asami seemed to be getting a bit awkward Gwenrhian decided to switch up the conversation.

"Did you hear about the student meeting tonight in the main lobby? It's supposed to start at 8. I want to explore the dorm a bit more so I'll catch you at the meeting?"

The eldest triplet suppressed a wily smile as the 'meeting' was something she'd planned in advance. Right about now, her little sisters Gweneira and Gwenerys should've been visiting the other rooms in the room and informing the students about their 'meeting' tonight and the time it would start at.

The trio had been planning a fun-filled kick-off to their homestay at UA, one that would be memorable not only for them but for all the students. In pursuit of that they'd planned a surprise pillow party. The first thing they needed to do was inform all the students of the 'meeting' and the second thing they needed to do was secure pillows. Task number two still needed to be completed and Gwenrhian decided she would excuse herself from the room to prepare the pillows.

Giving Asami a wave, Gwenrhian sprung into action and slipped out the window, giving a small wave to her roommate before she jumped.

"Cya tonight~"

"Hey Zidane? remember the meeting? You didn't forget did you?" Yu said peered over the edge of his hammock. He then decided to get out ended up falling face down causing his back to bend backwards in a strange contortion surprisingly landing on his feet. Yu still fell down as his feet slid out from under him causing his body to contort even more.He eventually picked himself up off the ground like nothing happened. "Oh man! don't wanna be late!" Yu said as he walked over to the door opening it. He left it cracked as he made his way down the hall ,and eventually making his way to the hall. With his goofy grin he walked into the lobby not a care in the world as he walked towards one of the couches.

"A-a meeting?'

Needless to say Asami had not heard of this and it seemed to shock her somewhat, was this yet another thing that had been common knowledge that she missed out on like the dorm alterations? Asami had no way to be sure but whatever the case Gwenrhian seemed to be well aware of said meeting though any details she seemed to keep to herself. Which only made this situation more vague and confusing to the shark girl.

That sly expression only caused some suspicious nerves to surface, just what was this meeting about? It seemed to be something more than the usual prep-talk if that tone of hers was anything but then again maybe Asami had been overthinking it.

Regardless, she gave a sheepish nod as while she was not used to such things she figured in good spirit she owed it to go to this get together among the students and really she had nothing too crazy on the schedule as she waved back at Gwenrhian who seemed to leave to make presumed preparations.

"Y-yeah, see you..."

"Hmm? Meeting? I don't recall anything about a meeting. Do you?"

"Think I picked something up about a meet-, that is disturbing as anything." Zidane's two heads talked to each other before the rught one got creeped out by Yu's unique way of getting out of his hammock. "Leaving that for what it is, this meeting was at 8 tonight and that's all I know. No clue what this meeting is about though."

"Maybe it is a plan of the student council? Teach us the do's and don'ts of this place and stuff. Don't think it will be too much fun though."

"Oh come on you sourpuss. Wanna bet that it is fun? If it isn't, you get control for a week. Do we have a deal?"

"Deal." The two heads shook hands, or rather one hand grabbed the other and shook it before the whole body got up. "What, you don't need to dress up and look all tidy for the council?" The left head said in a mocking tone.

"We don't have any suits, remember? Besides, Yu didn't dress up either. Casual attire should be fine."

"Don't use words above your allowance, otherwise I'm gonna gag from being attached to such a slimeball."