• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed My Hero Academia! Nxt Gen.

Eliza packed up her stuff, slung her bag around her shoulder and let out a large yawn "well I better go home and get some rest I'm so tired" Eliza said as she walked out the door "oh and by the way to get number one you've gotta go through me" Eliza said before walking out of the cafe "bye" she said before exiting the school grounds to head home

Akira was already close to home. Akira made a quick exit once the teacher's left. Akira knew they way they acted wasn't proper for heroes, still Akira was happy to have enjoyed a moment of relaxation and fun before the serious work of being a hero would come. Akira wished he could look past his encounter with that Alicia character, but it didn't matter. Akira had to prove he was more than just someone with a lucky Quirk. Akira soon made his way inside and prepared for a long rest. Tomorrow would be a big day.

Horu bid his temporary fairwells to his newfound friend, and headed out of the cafeteria - not without grabbing a muffin, however. The boy had the potential to practically create the majority of what his heart desired - but unfortunately food was apart of the surprisingly long list of things he couldn't.

He finally made it home, and couldn't get his mind off of U.A's first official schoolday tomorrow. What could Absorba-- or should he say 'Hellen' meant whenever she said come physically and mentally prepared? He knew whatever was planned wouldn't be easy, because even though he managed to pass the entrance exam, who knew what the chances of getting kicked out were? Horu came to a personal conclusion that it would be best that he avoid finding out the answer. All he could do now was give it his everything, because although he knew that he possibly had one of the most diverse Quirks at the school, he certainly wasn't a powerhouse - which has and could continue to put him at a disadvantage. Only time would tell.

He gathered up some nice fitting physical training clothes together and folded them into his backpack for the next day. They would most likely be needed if Hellen wasn't bluffing. After doing so, he brushed his teeth and snuggled into his bed. It was best to enjoy it before whatever came tomorrow would happen.

~*~*~*~

The sun then rose, bright and radiant all across the city. Horu sprang up from his bed by the 5th time his alarm clock went off. The messy morning-haired teen began to panic as he took a terrifying glance at his clock -- 7:50!? Class started exactly at 8:00 AM, and that was made very clear by the bitter teachers from the day before.

"Shoot shoot shoot shoot!! Damnit Horu!" He scolded himself, as he ran around like a madman.

There was no way he could show up late on the first day - for all he knew it could cause an automatic expulsion! The anxious thoughts caused Horuto to rush around placing on his U.A uniform jacket, managing to brush his hair, teeth, and place on his tie; all in a clutter at the same time. His mother sat in the kitchen as he ran downstairs, grabbing his backpack. She tried to offer breakfast before being cut off by a quick "NO TIME, NO TIME!" from her son.

Bursting out of his house's front doors, Horu leaped up in the air, the bottoms of his feet growing roller-skating wheels. He was down to 5 minutes. He zoomed down the side of his street and into the city as quick as he could on his self produced foot-skates. Coming up to the school, he rushed through the large Anti-Villain gates can scanning his student ID in a hasty manner. His foot's wheels disappeared in a cloak of sparking blue energy - now it was all up to his own speed. Comically, Horu ripped his school map from his backpack as he rushed down the hallways, attempting to identify his classroom.

He barely had any time left when he finally came up on a very tall red door, the sign above it reading "Class 1-A". He had made it! Suddenly, he whammed the door wide open just as the bell sounded.

"IM...HERE!!!!" He called, huffing and puffing, not even giving a second thought to how ridiculous he may of looked.

Kenny as asleep on his desk when Horu broke into the classroom and suddenly woke him up. "Huh what?" He said confused. He then looked at the time. "Oh, its almost class time." He thought as he leaned back in his chair.

Akira sat in the back of the class, right by the rear exit as he was pushing and pulling a metal ball back and forth on his desk. This was a control exercise to try and get use to extended use of his Quirk without a headache. So far, he hadn't had much issues.

I'm getting better at this. Slowly, but I'm getting better.

Eliza walked pash Horu into the class room "dude move out of the way this is already uncomfortable enough" Eliza said motioning to her uniform "anyway we should be exited it's our first day at UA!" Eliza said cheerfully as she undid her tie and put on her paint splattered jacket that she held in her arm "that's better" Eliza said as she went and looked for a seat

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Over here!"

Emi had already been in class when she saw Eliza walk in. Emi recognized her and tried to wave her over, wanting to sit next to her former dance opponent. Emi also wore the standard school uniform...with a couple holes on the back to make room for her wings that she couldn't retract.

Eliza turned to the sound of the familiar voice "Hey Emi" Eliza said as she walked over and sat at the desk next to her "are you exited?" Eliza asked with a big smile on her face "I wonder what we'll do first? I hope it's fighting, or maybe it will be a fitness test or even an obstacle course, Well what ever it is it will be great" Eliza said quickly so it sounded like one big long word, Elizathen turned to Emi "what do you want to do most?" Eliza asked while calming down

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"I hope it's a race of some kind. That would be so fun and give me the chance to show off!" Emi said with a big grin, excited over that thought. Emi always considered herself physically fit and her Quirk worked well on giving her added speed, so if it was some sort of race it would work to her advantage, plus it would be just so much fun!

Sitting on the very centre row of the desks in classroom 1-A Niko glanced up at the sound of two more people entering the room. Personally he had been one of the first people to arrive, he had been up at the crack of dawn this morning in an effort to be just that. In fact he had barely slept, instead he had sat on his bed most of the night just listening to his favourite songs until he finally couldn't keep his eyes open any longer and just drifted off. Even then he only slept for a few hours and was soon pacing his room, waiting for his first real day at the academy to begin.

Niko gave Horu a warm smile, patting the seat next to him as to indicate that he should sit there. He had hit it off with the boy the day before and he knew him better than anybody else here, if he was to end up sitting beside anybody he would rather it was him.
"Horu, cutting it a little fine aren't we?"

Horu moved out of the way of he door as he managed to resettle his backpack that hung loosely around his shoulders - happy that he hadn't been the only one near late. He looked across the wide room, but small class of 10 students before he heard his name called. He pinpointed Niko, seeing him in the front, looking eager as ever. Horu figured the boy would be among the more excited and ready for class to begin, he gave off that aura of readiness when they had met the day before. He smiled, seeing that there was luckily still an open seat, and it made it all the better that it was beside a friendly face.

Making his way to the seat, he recognized almost everyone elses faces from the Top 10, and it kind of intimidated him that the very people he had competed against the day before were his classmates - and the competition only seemed to be far from over. He also had the other Heroic Course classes to worry about, and some general studies kids also have been seen to have some uncanny powers as well. Horu sat blank-faced in his seat as these anxious thoughts once again returned to him, however he managed to snap out of it as the clock turned 8:01.

He looked around, wondering where the teacher could possibly be. Absorbawoman had mentioned quite clearly the day before that class was to start directly at 8, but no teacher was in sight. Whatever the case was, he hoped with all of his might that she wouldn't be their homeroom teacher. Suddenly, drawers from the large metallic desk in the front of the room were heard to be opening and slamming quite repetitively.

"W-Whats going on...??" Horu mumbled, but his answer came very quickly.

"Whats going on, is class is starting!" A light and jolly male voice responded.

Horu was left surprised and quite fearful as the voice seemed to have emitted from no-where, but soon the source of the voice was shown as an incredibly tiny, tan-skinned bald man walked from behind the desk, facing the seated class. The short and stubby man looked exactly like the giant that stood beside Absorbawoman just the day before -- the one who had smashed that smoke girl's stereo. But...the problem was, he couldn't have exceeded 4 feet in height! He scratched his head as he gazed upon the tiny, but fat man, who simply beamed a bright and joyful smile at the students before him.

"HELLO! Welcome all students - I am Mr. Konya Tsugo! Pleasure to officially meet you all, even though I can visually recognize most of you!" He said, although his eyes were so squinted they seemed to be shut -- and in a Pokemon 'Brock' style.

"I will serve as your homeroom teacher this year, and I just want to congratulate all of you on your achievement on making it into U.A! We are quite the prestigious school, and don't just let anybody in, you know! In the Heroics Course, we recognize that you all are uniquely powerful in some form or another, and we would like to highlight that and mold you into the best Heroes you can be! Allow me to give you the run down." He said, pressing a remote in his hand, digital tablets rising from the desktop on each student's desk. "These are your U.A Guiders! They are a new investment we have added into our system, made by our very own Heroic Studies Technology Program, and they are 100% state of the art technology that shall cater to your every need! These are important factors because, well, last night was basically the last night you will be spending at home. You are all official students now, so you will be staying in our brand new dormitories! If you swipe left on your Guider, your room floor and number will inform you on your dorm location - and all you have to do is give your door handle a scan of that code at the bottom and bada-bing, you're in! Your Guiders also have your meal plans and an on-campus map of the school! Incredible, right?"

Horu was a bit taken aback by this. He felt a bit intruded, as no prior information of this was told to any of the students. Did his parents know!?

"Uhm! Excuse me, sir Tsugo! How come we were never told this? Are our parents informed?" Horu called, in a bit of a panic.

"Not to worry, young one. All of your parents are aware of this and have consented to it! All of your stuff has been shipped here and are being unloaded in all of your dorm's as we speak!" Tsugo replied, very casually as if none of it was a big deal. He then continued speaking on about U.A's code of conduct and the expectation of the behavior and good sportsmanship of every student. It was a long, seemingly endless 30 minutes, before the short teacher clapped his hands in conclusion.

"And now finally, everyone, I ask that you go get dressed in your activity clothes, because now you shall be tested and conditioned to see if you have what it takes to stay in the Hero Program! We have not told you about this because...well, when does a true hero ever get an advanced notice about crimes or disasters? So, all of you get dressed, and meet me outside on the field!" He called jubilantly, pointing outside the large window beside his desk.

Kenny got up and went to the locker room to change into his activity clothes. "First day of U.A. and their already pressuring us with if we can stay in the course or not." He shook his shoulders and walked out onto the field. "I guess this isn't a school for the best of the best for nothing." He thought.

"Wait, what," Davis said rubbing his eyes, as he had his face on his desk, like he was trying to sleep through out Mr. Tsugo's speech.

He looked at the guider and groaned. "A test the first day sucks," He moaned grabbing a few tools to edit his arm last minute as he walked to change into his activity clothes. He walked outside onto the field, adding a few touches to his robotic arm, that might give him an edge, while he waiting for the others to arrive.

Akira was nervous as he went to change. Already just in the U.A. and already another test. Just what he needed. Akira soon got changed and made his way to the field.

I don't have a good feeling about this...

When Eliza heard of the test she jumped out of her chair in exitement "yes time to show off my skills!" Eliza yells before taking a closer look at her teacher "oh hey arn't you the teacher who smashed my speaker? You look shorter, well what ever but I do expect a new one by the way, those things arn't cheap" Eliza said still being her naive self

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Emi couldn't help but chuckle at Eliza's antics.

"I'll meet you out there. Remember to give it all you've got!" Emi said to Eliza with a big grin before she left to go change clothes. This was gonna be fun, Emi could tell that much.

Katsuo stretched after putting his activity clothes on. His mind raced as he thought about the possible challenges ahead.
"They'll probably put us through different tests to check how capable we are in certain areas." He thought while entering the field outside where he saw another boy who seemed to be a bit nervous.
"Uh, hey, Akira right?" He said while approaching his classmate. Truth is Katsuo knew exactly who Akira was and the fact that he was ranked first during the entrance exam.
"This guys probably had people on his case all day, better not mention the scores." He thought to himself before giving a small grin.
"I'm Katsuo, you feel nervous about the upcoming tests?"

This place was just full of surprises and not all of them welcome ones. The first one wasn't all that bad, so the huge guy from yesterday was also somehow their new tiny homeroom teacher but he seemed pleasant enough, encouraging and cheerful. That being said his speech did draw out way too long. The much less welcome surprise was that he and the rest of his classmates would be moving into dormitories here and he hadn't even known about it until now. His father had known? Niko couldn't belive that he would even be on board with the idea of his son moving out, his father was a strong family man and it wasn't often that he let his children out of his sight. Hopefully he would end up with some likeable roommates at least.

Anyway there was something else he had to focus on right now, physical training. It didn't take long for Niko to get changed, he came back out wearing a military green hoodie and a pair of black jogging bottoms. The only other thing he wore was a small smile, he wasn't trying to seem overly confident but he wanted the other to know he was ready for whatever was to come.

Akira saw a student named Katsuo come up and ask about his status. Guess Akira was more visibly nervous then he would have liked.

"Oh, yeah I guess I am. If this test is something physical I don't have that much confidence. Not every test can be bashing robots." Akira said while giving Katsuo a sheepish grin.

Once everyone had finished changing and gathered outside, the short Mr. Tsugo stood before the small crowd of ten - all of who were taller than him. That was, for the short remaining moments until the midget went up in a large poofy cloud of smoke. When the mist disappeared, the much more familiar, 9 foot giant from the day before had been revealed. He was huge, and still fat, but also muscle-bound at the same time. The happy glow from his face had disappeared, but a mischievous smile did remain on his face. This moments-change caused the professor to seem much more intimidating, and his deepened voice didn't help send a soothing tone to the students.

"Well, kiddos, welcome to your first U.A Heroic Examination Test! In a few moments, you will begin being tested of your worth here in multiple trials of mini-events, allowing myself to analyze each of your strengths and weaknesses - something I am very talented at. The physical events will include things such as races, disc throwing, long jumping, and a few other olympic-type events. For the mental portion, immediately after, you will be asked to solve heavy issues such as civilian predicaments, quirk knowledge, etc. However! Do not give it your all to outshine others in these events, because it will all lead up to the most important test that you newbies will take in this beginning of this year! But fear not, that 'ultimate test' won't be until.....tomorrow!" Mr. Tsugo finished. He glanced up to one of the large buildings stationed close to the field, and noticed a few shadowy silhouettes, quite obviously belonging to more U.A Administration observing.

"Alright!" He continued, clapping his insanely large hands, causing quite the powerful echo throughout the field. "Lets get on to our first portion - Disc Throwing! Your objective this round will simply be to stand at this line, and throw this disk as far as you can - using your quirk or simple brute strength. This speedometer will notify us of your throwing speed after you chuck it! First up.....Kenny Blake!" Tsugo called, directing Kenny to the white dashed lines. He faced the young male outwards, where there was plenty of land, and placed the plastic discus in his hand.

(Just kinda skipped ahead a bit and rushed this so we could move on, rushed it by my usual standards, anyway)

A few things came to Kanki's mind as someone named Horu rushed into the room just as the clock struck eight, one of which being the absence of Ryouta Amai. The day before the cloud boy had passed out before having the chance to answer her question of whether he had placed in the leaderboard. After taking him to the Youthful Heroine Recovery Girl (whose hero name only made half-sense), the stout old lady informed her of his name and #10 ranking before taking him in. Kanki hoped he was alright and would be able to attend class soon, but right now the scale-haired girl was more interested in the small 1-A class of just nine individuals and their interactions. If she recalled correctly, in years past it would contain at least fifteen or more. Then again, it made more sense considering the circumstances. U.A. could only afford so many villain-bots a year for the entrance exam, which ends when they are all destroyed/immobilized. While this year there were just as many applicants as there always were, it seemed that ability levels were heavily skewed towards a select few group of individuals who had hogged most of the points, as hardly anyone outside the top ten surpassed single digit totals from the full ranking which had been released later that day.

Quite frankly, Kanki was proud to be one of these strong few, but it wasn't as if this made her at ease. As she scanned the room she reminded herself that out of the nine students she had placed the lowest. Granted, the entrance exam was flawed in many ways and everyone knew it (after all, many heroes lack the quirks to be able to deal with giant robots yet can still be the best of the best), so Kanki didn't take her underdog status too seriously just yet. If anything, it was relaxing not having anyone on her tail (hah, puns. Cuz her hair is like a...nevermind...). That's why she felt so bad for the person who placed first, Akira Minamoto, who was currently being swarmed by half the class, although strangely, not in a threatening way. The alumni this time appeared to get along quite well, humble in their acceptance to U.A. Now, this might all change when they discover more about the extent of their abilities and develop the prospect of actually becoming number one, but until then the competition was friendly.

After pretending to be awake during a boring lecture from Mr. Tsugo, their new homeroom teacher, he finally announced something important--that they were going outside to take a "test". Oh boy.

Kanki changed into her training clothes and joined the others outside. Suddenly, Mr. Tsugo blew up in size into a much more intimidating individual, perhaps prompting her to listen to him in class more often in the future. Apparently they were going to undergo various physical and mental challenges to test their quirks and other skills. At this Kanki abandoned her typical adrift demeanor and shifted into focus. She needed to analyze her competition the best she could. The first test was the disc throw, something that immediately radiated within Kanki. A measure of brute strength and technique such as this is a test where she had the greatest opportunity to do well. She thus concluded that if she did poorly comparatively to the others on this specifically, the future trials might be bleak for her.

The first student called up was a boy named Kenny Blake. A foreign name--a transfer student from far away, perhaps? She had never spotted him in the entrance exam, but from what little she was able to overhear from spread word, he's able to stretch and grow to some extent. Yeah...real specific. Does his quirk grant his body rubbery properties? Something else? She had no idea; all she could do was watch and learn like everyone else.

Katsuo tensed up hearing about the first test. He knew everyone would see his powers at some point but he was hoping to hold off on using them for awhile, he enjoyed the element of surprise. "Better hold back, don't wanna give to much away to soon, I'll probably use-" Before Katsuo could finish his thought, Mr. Tsugo's booming voice called up the first student, a boy named Kenny Blake. He looked the boy over but couldnt get a good read on how he might perform. Katsuo simply shrugged it off turning his attention back to Akira.
"Hm...so a discuss throw is the first test huh? Hope I'm one of the last few called up, would be nice to see everyone else's scores first. How do you think you'll do?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

Kenny walked up to the white line, he took a deep breath and got into a throwing position. "Alright, lets do this." He though as he spun around. His arms stretched around him as he spun once and stopped. "Flail!" He shouted as he threw his arm around and flailed the disk forward. After the disk left Kenny's hand, it was flung at a incredible speed of about 90.4 across the field.

Last edited:
Horu was a bit surprised - what exactly had he just seen? He had only recognized Kenny from the Top 10 results from the Entrance Exam, but had never really observed his quirk until just now. It seemed that Kenny's arm had taken a slimy form, able to be stretched as if he had skin of elasticity. After tossing it, the speedometer picked up the rate of 90.4, something that almost caused a jaw-drop on Horu's behalf. He was worried, because he hadn't the slightest idea of how he could pull this off - he was physically one of the weakest there! He tried to brainstorm whatever material he could create in order to help him stand out, but he didn't necessarily have the most time.

Before he knew it, Mr. Tsugo picked up another disc, which fit perfectly only between the suddenly large man's two-finger pinch. He tossed the decently heavy saucer to Akira, who he took notice of and was quite impressed with at the Entrance Exams.

"Very nicely done, Kenny. Minamoto, you're up." His deep voice spoke, motioning for Akira to step up to the white bordered line.

Akira took a deep breathe as he approached the line, disc in hand. Anyone watching could tell Akira was nervous as one could possibly be.

Darn it, my Quirk is useless for this. I have no choice but to just toss it and hope for the best

Akira then got into a throwing motion and tossed the disc with as much force as he possibly could. Which according to the speedometer, was not much at all.

25.7...darn it am I really that pathetic?

Akria walked over to the other students, head down from clear shame. Akira was gonna finish dead last if he didn't figure out some way to use his Quirk, but what could he do?

Katsuo stood there eyes forward as Akira walked back over to the group of students. He quickly glanced at the boy then back forward, taking note of how defeated his classmate looked. Katsuo hesitantly placed his hand on Akira's shoulder, eyes still forward, face still cold and blank.

"Don't worry about it...magnetism is a powerful quirk, I'm sure there are ways you can use it in the next rounds. But being a hero isn't about having the strongest quirk, its about always looking for the answer even after everyone has given up, so don't give up."

A slight grin crept across Katsuo's face as he released his grip on the boys shoulder. He knew he wasn't the best at giving speeches but he felt Akira needed a boost. After all, the boy had a strong quirk, and Katsuo couldn't pass up the opportunity to fight the boy some day.

Horu was a bit dumfounded. When Akira had stepped up to the plate he figured the top ranking student would use his telekineses to throw the discus to infinity, so he watched very close. However...he didn't? Horu tried to figure this all out, but it was made clear when the nearby Katsuo mentioned something about Magnetism - which all started to make sense in Horu's mind. So thats why he did so well, all the robots were metallic. It was basically a huge playground for him. So that must mean-

But during his analytical thinking process, Horu was cut off as a disk was tossed at him by Mr. Tsugo, in which he had quickly catch, almost being knocked over by the weight. After he regained his posture from stumbling back a bit, Horu walked over to the white lines, carrying the discus in both hands. It was quite heavier than he had expected - but then again he might just be that weak. He was slightly nervous, knowing the rest of his classmates were observing him, as well as Mr. Tsugo and who-knows-who else was watching from the building windows. It was his time to prove his worth, even in this god-forsaken portion of the test. He stood still for a couple moments, trying to think of what his quirk could do to possibly aid him in this event, and then it finally hit him. Hopefully this would work, because he had never tried it before and it could probably ruin his chances for the rest of the day - but it was the only option.

Doing a spin, Horu used his body's entire momentum to sling the discus up, instead of outwards. As the disc spun rapidly in the air, Horu swiftly stuck his right arm out, and grasped his wrist with his left. Blue aura emitted from his right hand as a long steel rod slowly emerged from his palm. As it finishing growing, the very end of the rod formed into a round frame, and a slick, rubbery and elastic material grew inside the frame. Horu executed another circular spin, and as the discus descended back downwards, Horu swung the rod forcefully into it like a baseball bat as they made contact. The disc hit the rubbery material dead in the center, and after sinking backwards into it, it shot out in a fast motion like a sling shot.

Horu panted, and watched as the disc flew out in to the field. The meter next to him read "150 mph". Not bad, but not the greatest, either. Hopefully it was just enough to get him through. He had never really practiced conjuring two materials at the same time before - and he was lucky that this time the side-effect was only a numbing of his right arm. He made his way back to the group of his classmates, attempting to massage his arm in order for some feeling to come back to it.

"Alrighty!" Mr. Tsguo bellowed. "Emi, you're up." He called, tossing a discus to her.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Emi caught the disc, a big smile on her face as she walked up to the line.

This is it, time to show what I can do.

Emi spun around and threw the dis high in the air, but the girl was far from done. Emi grinned as she began to flap her wings at a rapid pace. Soon enough a strong wind current was generated and sent at the flying disc, which lifted it even higher in the air and made it fly at an accelerated pace. Emi kept her wings flapping at a constant rhythm till the speedometer gave her the results: 300.2.

Emi stopped her wings movement and let out a big grin, pumping her fist in the air as she made her way back to the other students.

All right! Now to see if anyone here can top that.

Akira only felt worse as he saw the next couple students perform well on this disc throw.

Yep, there's no chance I'm not gonna get dead last now.

However Akira then felt a hand on his shoulder as he then heard Katsuo offer him words of encouragement. Akira thought most of his classmates would be happy to see the number one student fall flat on the fitness test, but this guy made an effort to reassure him.

"Thanks. I needed to hear that. I'll be sure to do my best." Akira said to Katsuo with a small smile. Akira did feel a little better after hearing what Katsuo had to say.

Horu was surprised to see such high results. After all, he shouldn't have been. Emi did have wings after all, which was a huge advantage in this portion, and would probably continue to prove useful. Horu mentally noted that it would probably best to keep an eye on her from here on out during the events to see her limits.

Mr. Tsugo congratulated the winged-girl for such a high result, before grabbing another disc between his two large fingers and tossing it to Katsuo.

"Youre up, mate."

"Okay, here we go." Katsuo glanced at Akira, a large grin on his face as he stepped forward. He let out a deep exhale while adjusting his grip on the ball.
"That Emi girl scored really high...time to give these guys a show." He thought while bringing his arm back for the toss. While its true Katsuo didnt wanna show his powers to soon, the idea of showing his class what hes capable of excited him. Katsuo knew this might make him some enemies but he deemed it worth then effort.
"...let's put a boom behind it..." He spoke quietly before tossing his arm forward as hard as he could, the second the discuss lost contact with his hand a thick ring of white energy rippled out at a high speed directly behind the disc, causing an ear ringing boom. The ball shot like a bullet through the air out of sight and a moment later the echoing boom faded.
Katsuo glanced up to the scoreboard, a large smile spreading across his face. "807.2 mph" Katsuo almost lost it, but managed to hold his composure as he calmly walked back into the group of students, all the while internally screaming.

Kanki instinctively palmed her ears as thunderous boom reverberated everywhere, silver eyes flinched. When she opened them again after things had calmed down, she stared at the "807.2 mph" displayed on the scoreboard with her mouth hung over slightly, her otherwise blank expression demonstrating that she still had a difficult time believing what she witnessed.

Sure, most of the other scores so far, while impressive, could be roughly explained logically. Akira had revealed that his quirk was only effective against metallic objects, placing him at quite the disadvantage early on. Meanwhile, Horu scoring higher than Kenny's 90.4 mph (which was likely already far higher than the world record for the sport from a quirkless man) surprised Kanki as first, but Horu had better technique and came up with the brilliant idea of launching the disk downward, the gravity and extra reach from the rod providing additional speed to make up for his power disadvantage. (Goes to show how versatility can trump brute strength at times. She was curious what Horu would do in the tests to come.) Emi had revealed yet another way as to take advantage of the rules. While her initial launch speed of the disk wasn't that great, she actually FOLLOWED it and continued to increase its speed through the gusts of wind created by the flapping of her wings. She theoretically would have been able to do this infinitely if it wasn't for two factors: that the disc would eventually reach a speed Emi couldn't keep up with, and that air resistance would eventually halt the disc's acceleration. Still, the winged-girl's score of 300.2 mph had revealed that she herself was potentially nearing that speed, which was astonishing.

Despite this, Katsuo blew that score out of the water. Somehow. The disc was gone. Just gone. Kanki had believed before that she had a rough grasp of what to expect from the man she heard could manipulate sound to some extent. But apparently there was a lot more to it. The white glow she spotted in the hand holding the disk was a mystery, and though she wasn't a scientist by any means, Kanki was pretty sure sound didn't create light. Sound is just a series of vibrations that carry through the air before reaching a nearby pair of ears...or something like that, anyway. So perhaps it was the light that created the sound? That conclusion only raised more questions, unfortunately. Additionally, with the disc traveling at 807.2 mph, the noise should have been a result of the sound barrier being broken. However, if the sonic boom was a result of the disc's speed, then what fueled it in the first place?!

Kanki was relatively calm before, but her current cluelessness riled her up, and a series of emotions began to swell up inside her: competitiveness, jealousy, helplessness. Yes, she believed she understood now--the reason the classmates got along so well thus far, and it was all thanks to Akira. Most of the other students must have known the top scorer of the entrance exam would experience trouble in any physical tests thrown at him, so there was no need to scratch and claw their way through each other in order to hunt him down. Rather, he's been supported by nearly everyone, thus placing them on equal footing. The competitive drives haven't been triggered yet because there was not yet enough competition to determine. The top was unknown. But now, the seeds have been planted, and in the end everyone wanted to be number one regardless of the hospitality. The focus might very well shift away from Akira and towards Katsuo, who's quirk was still so mysterious to her that he might produce insane scores in all the other tests for all she knew. For now, though, Kanki had to toss her pessimism aside for now, brainstorming what to do for when her turn arrived.

Mr Tsugo, as well as Horu, was astonished by Katsuo's results as well. Horu just simply stared at the speedometer as he covered his ears from the ringing. When it finally faded, he simply couldn't muster any words to analyze or mentally review what had just happened. He was in simple shock, and quite frankly was amazed. Horu was certain that he possibly just set the bar in this event.

Mr Tsugo tried to look less surprised, and maintained his professional disposition, tossing the disc to Kanki this time.

"Enie, Meenie, Miney...You." He spoke.

Horu was curious to see how this girl would do. He easily recognized her from the Entrance Exam, going to work on the bots gracefully with her hair. He wondered how she would go about using this peculiar ability to her advantage.

Last edited:
He’d been awake just long enough to hear the final announcement ring out that the test had finished, and that all the robots had been destroyed.

Ryouta, for his part, panted heavily as his thoughts swam heavily in his mind…18, no, no, it was like…maybe 20? That was probably around what he’d gotten? But his mind was in no condition to function properly then, and so he began his trudge back to where the announcements were being held. The grey cloud that hung over his head was a signal of his muddled mind, not dark through emotion or sorrow, but still present, swimming above him gently.

He groaned quietly, his own rubble having hit him once or twice, on top of several close scrapes towards the end with smaller robots, but stayed on his feet, until he heard a voice that said simply, “Oy, get on.” He turned, slowly, in an effort to not dizzy himself more. The person standing before him was a short, yet somewhat stocky girl with incredibly long hair. It almost seemed like it would get in the way…and that was when Ryouta realized this was likely the girl who had rolled off at the of the test. How he’d managed to remember that when he was barely functioning he didn’t know. Either way, his gaze trailed to the outstretched hand toward him, and it seemed as though she were telling him she’d carry him. Ha. Yeah right. People weren’t that friendly. She’d probably want something in return later, but still. He didn’t want to make himself seem awful, but he also felt that his words were more likely to come out in a slur, which wouldn’t help his case, so he lightly shooed away her hand before beginning to walk away again.

That didn’t last long. After only a few short steps, his legs finally gave out, and he plummeted towards the ground face first. Luckily though, she’d caught him before simply stating, “I wasn’t asking.” It was slightly later that she began speaking once more, “Besides, at your current pace would've missed the announcements…” but her voice trailed off quietly as he finally felt his exhaustion, physical and mental, drag him under. And soon enough, dark was all that remained…

He woke up in a room with white walls and bright lights with a killer headache. ‘Ugh…is this what it’s like to be hungover? I haven’t felt this bad in forever…Serves me right for stressing and barely sleeping before the test.’ To his surprise, he heard shuffling beside him, and turned his head, his face practically sinking into the pillow he was on as he did so, and took in the person before him. He did recognize her at least, and it told him immediately where he was. It was the Youthful Heroine Recovery Girl (he chuckled inwardly at the irony of her name, but that just spiked his headache again. Not worth it. Not at all.) which told him that he was in the medical ward of the school.

He groaned lightly as he tried to find his voice, and Recovery Girl turned to face him upon hearing the noise.

“Ah, I see you’re awake now! That’s good, though…hmm.” She sighed lightly, before opening her mouth to speak again, “Now then, I’m going to give you some pain killers before I give you your schedule and room arrangements and then send you off to class,” she said as she turned and reached into one of the cabinets, pulled out a bottle of pills and gave two to Ryouta, who took them gratefully. After that, he began to get up after receiving a medical note for class, and as he stepped out the door, Recovery Girl told him that he may still be a little roughed up, as she could not use much of his stamina to heal the bruises and scratches he’d received, though Ryouta honestly wasn’t too worried about them, and thanked her before turning and leaving. For her part, Recovery Girl could only sigh. The child hadn’t even been that banged up, meaning something else was definitely wrong here. She had a feeling she’d be seeing him again, possibly soon, and shook her head quietly to herself.

Ryouta walked quietly down the halls, the painkillers working wonders for his previously pounding head and all the bruises he’d gained. Not to mention, he felt refreshed, and in a good mood. A rare sight indeed, and one that resulted in only a few wispy, bright white clouds floating above him. The skies were clear today.

He looked to the screen he’d been handed, gazing at the information on it. He’d ended up placing tenth overall in the mock villain fight, something that surprised him greatly. He supposed that maybe others had been having trouble finding and taking down bots at the same time, but either way, he’d rather not complain. He was in. That was what mattered to him. On top of that, there was the rooming in dormitories. That was also a huge surprise, though what wasn’t was that while most had been assigned roommates, he had none. His quirk…didn’t exactly work well in a multi-person environment with a lot of things in it, so he was happy for that. Not to mention, his lack of trust in others would have made having a roommate difficult anyway.

After that, his gaze turned to his schedule. The time on the device listed 8:30 A.M, and his schedule told him that his first class started at 8. Well. This was fantastic. The very first day of class and he’d spent thirty minutes sitting in the nurse’s office. Either way, he trudged off until he found the class, only to see that the room was empty. He groaned loudly, with literally no idea where to go, until a small message dinged, and he looked down to see an alert telling him his class was outside at the moment. He figured it was probably from someone in the administration but was thankful regardless of who may have sent in, and so he walked off once more, his mood dampened slightly, with more cloud cover forming above him.

Eventually, he walked out the doors to the area that the rest of his class was occupying to see them throwing a disc. That must have been the current assignment; he figured as he walked up to the large man that he figured was likely his teacher for the class.

He raised a finger as he tried to get the large man’s attention, “A-ah, Mr. uhh…” he looked down to the paper he’d been given by Recovery Girl to find the teacher’s name before continuing in a slightly louder voice than the near whisper he’d been using before, “Mr. Tsugo? Sorry for being late, but, well, I have this?” His voice was unsure as he handed the medical note to his homeroom teacher, rocking nervously on his feet as he looked up at the man. That uncertainty was beginning to extend into more than just his voice, as, on top of the clouds above him, a veil of fog was beginning to surround Ryouta, making less and less visible to anyone around him, but still, he couldn’t shake his nervousness, so for the moment, it would remain, and only get denser.

Mr. Tsugo looked down in surprise as a young boy approached him with a.....medical note? It was much too early in the school year to see one of those - let alone too early in the day. What could have possibly happened? The large teacher didn't take much time thinking about it and simply received the letter between just his two large fingers, which evened up to be even larger than the boy's hand. Suddenly, though, the boy seemed to become surrounded in slight fog...odd indeed. However the large professor had much too experience to comment on something such as this - it was most likely the boy's quirk, and he couldn't risk offending another student.

He examined the small paper within his grasps, before a wide grin was stretched on his giant face.

"Ah! Mr. Ryouta! Nice to meet you. I will be your homeroom teacher - and this is your Heroics class, 1-A! Congratulations on making your score in the Entrance Exam - we are glad you are able to join us. The class is now complete!" Tsugo welcomed the boy.

He gestured towards the group of students, as to where that would be where Ryouta would wait for his turn. Horu noticed Ryouta make his humbled entrance, and immediately recognized him from the Top 10 scores. He was also fairly close to the boy at one point during the Entrance Exam, and witnessed his quirk first hand. Horu was honest-to-goodness surprised that the boy hadn't made a much higher score, because from what he saw, Ryouta most possibly had one of the most powerful abilities within the group - or so he speculated. He quickly noticed him gaining an odd mist type of fog around him. Definitely his quirk. He couldn't put together why he would be activating it now.

Mr. Tsugo then continued whenever Ryouta would decide to make his way towards the other students.

"Alright, Miss Sukeru. You're up."

While her face was more or less expressionless, Kanki was visibly stiff. Resisting to clench her fists as to not attract attention, she could still clench her teeth behind closed lips. Just how many others would shock her in a test in which she herself was supposed to excel? Will any presumed advantages in the future prove to be false, too-?!

Abruptly, she halted this train of thought, reminded of something someone had told her. She didn't like when she got like this, and honestly she sometimes suspected her female body contained more testosterone than it was supposed to for fueling this competitive yet pessimistic drive. For the sake of her long-term goals, she needed to remain humble.

As a figure caught in her peripheral moved towards the group, she struggled to mask her relief.

"Eeyyyyy! Cloud-boy's here!" She exclaimed in a casual playfulness, secretly in part to inform the others of his presence. That instant, however, he began shrouding his body in increasingly thick fog until he was hardly visible. Odd. She wasn't looking to Mr. Tsugo when he had tossed the disk, but fortunately her sensitive hair detected the slight variation in the air from the object at the very last second despite not being transformed, catching it before striking her cranium. With her called name in confirmation with the gesture, she strolled into position. Formulating her plan, she noted how those who perform the test later have an advantage in that they learn from those earlier who had taken advantage of the test's specifications, and this was exactly the case for her. Her hair morphed into its 3-meter form, its end thinned slightly in order to grip the disk. She bended her knees and winded back her hair upward, disk on the bottom. Then, with a powerful, underhanded thrust from the scaley limb, the disk was launched straight upwards.

She heard mumbles as the live number on the scorecard read 140.9 mph before the disk began to decelerate. "Not yet..." She informed the others as she waited. One thing she learned from Emi and Horu was that the initial throw wasn't final, and Horu also reminded her that distance was irrelevant. After she felt that the disk was close enough, her hair lifted her into the air and carried her over it, as if something hanging on the end of a banana. Her limb retracted, and then with a powerful push launched Kanki herself towards the disk (hopefully) falling towards her. When they met, the disk wasn't precisely above her, but she managed to grab it with her great reach.

Then, the pangolin-girl did something interesting. She curled up into her ball form and began spinning as fast as she could, faster than she ever would on the ground due to friction. As the disk began to accelerate along with her, Kanki waited. Right before she would hit the ground, she would reach the highest centripetal velocity possible before hurling the disk downward! There was only one problem...

It was pitch-black underneath the armor wrapped around her entire body. Even if she could see, it felt like she was spinning at a million rpm, making it impossible to differentiate from up or down nor even sense the force of gravity. She had absolutely no idea where she was in space. All she could do is keep spinning and hope she times her throw correctly from her memory of how long it took for her to reach her maximum height from her initial jump. Unfortunately, she wasn't counting. Yeah, she didn't exactly think this through, likely because she was do busy internally complaining about the previous scorer. Serves her right, she supposed.

Of course, the scale-haired girl wasn't going to give up. She just had to wing it. Unfortunately, she was greeted with the Earth a couple seconds earlier than anticipated. As she smash into the ground, her ball form remained, continuing to gyrate and kick up dust from behind it. She shot forward like a bullet as her scales dug in the dirt.

"OUT OF THE WAY!" She cried in a desperate attempt to warn anyone unfortunate enough to stand in the ball of death's path, although she felt like she was going so fast that she passed the group before even finishing her sentence. The good news: she didn't roll over anyone. The bad news: she crashed into something else--the wall of their classroom, forming a massive, crack-infested crater looking like the rings of a long-dead tree trunk. Even after the initial impact, Kanki continued to spin for several seconds before finally grinding to a halt. She uncurled and stood uneasily before glancing at the indent behind her. She knew walls weren't supposed to do that. She swore that she would have blasted through any other wall, so the U.A. building must have been constructed from some pretty insane materials. She figured she shouldn't be shocked considering the unreal tech she'd witnessed already.

Kanki turned to the scoreboard, which displayed her final score: 245.7 mph. She smiled dumbly, her satisfaction mixing with her current disorientation. However, she did wonder if she would have scored higher if her plan had worked 'till the end. Perhaps. Perhaps not. She actually had no clue. She didn't understand physics as much as she fancied to believe.

As her bronze hair returned to normal, an uncomfortable sensation swelled up in her stomach.

"Oh no," she stated before her cheeks swelled up, and she sprinted towards the nearest trash can, tripping repeatedly on the way. How elegant, she thought to herself, amused as she did her business.

As Ryouta retreated quietly after giving Mr. Tsugo his note, he noticed the large man tossed a disc over to the girl who he remembered having delivered him to the nurse’s office, though, as she was too busy calling out, “Eeyyyyy! Cloud-boy's here!” in announcement to his presence, she failed to immediately notice the disc thrown at her, though her hair ended up catching it before it could make contact with her head. He was thankful the girl hadn’t gotten hurt, but he groaned at her calling out the nickname she’d apparently decided to give him, and the call of attention it brought to him. Either way, that image of her hair catching the disc brought other ideas to his head.

‘Interesting…She didn’t seem to be paying attention to the disc when it was thrown. Maybe it has its own special awareness?’ Ryouta thought quietly to himself, and as he did so, his feelings of nervousness began to dissipate, taking the fog away with it. His gaze followed the girl and her odd hair, watching to see what she’d do to throw the disc at as much as she possibly could.

He watched as the hair hardened into the scaled form she’d used to pick him up, and then bent her knees and prepped herself before launching the disc into the air at an already impressive 140.9 mph, but then he blanched as she said that she still wasn’t done. What else could she do? Though he knew that answer would come soon enough, it still surprised him when he saw her use the scaled appendage to launch into the air, catching the disc and spinning in the air as she did so. That…couldn’t be good for her head. Or her stomach. Ryouta quickly shook his head. He was not here to form relationships with his fellow students, or to care about anyone at anything more than a professional level. He’d seen how that works out firsthand. Still, he couldn’t help but cast a worried glance in her direction as she continued spinning. And spinning. And spinning. And…oh. Oh no. He witnessed as she hit the ground, and continued spinning, and a part of him wondered if this was planned.

That idea was instantly shattered as she yelled at the rest of the class to get out of the way before rolling dangerously forward until she crashed into the wall of the school, spinning for a while longer, though as she did so, Ryouta noticed that she must have thrown the disc at some point as the scoreboard read 245.7 now. It was pretty impressive that she’d managed to do that with her quirk. Pretty cool too.

He turned his attention back to the girl, who had now stood up. She seemed a little shaky, but other than that, she had a smile on her face and seemed to be doing well. Until he saw her cheeks puff out and she ran off to…Yeah, he’d rather not keep watching that.

He turned his attention instead to Mr. Tsugo, and realized that he was the next one up. Well, he supposed that plenty of the class had already gone before he’d gotten here. He had no idea of their scores, and thus, no way to judge the level of power that he should put in. Then he realized that it was unlikely that he’d do well against the others, as, though he was strong, and he could run for a long time, in those aspects, he was just a normal human, and as such, placing a slightly larger level of effort into this than the other events would make more sense.

Man. He was kinda glad he’d passed out now, being fully rested and ready to go. He walked up just as quietly as he had when he’d arrived, taking a disc from Mr. Tsugo, before taking up position and preparing to throw the disc. Well. Maybe “throw” wasn’t quite the right word.

He took a seat on the ground, crossing his legs on the ground, and looked at his classmates behind him before his voice rose above any chatter that they might have been having, “I’d suggest that you all get like…at least 50 feet away from me before this starts. Safety precaution, ya know?”

He waited for a few seconds before placing his hands on his knees in his cross legged position. He let himself feel a building frustration, his own stupidity over the past few days, mainly not even resting properly before the entrance exam, being the main fuel for his own negativity. He grimaced as he channeled those feelings into his quirk, influencing the atmosphere around him into a rapidly growing, violent torrent that was swirling around him.

After a minute, Ryouta tossed up the disc into the building tornado, watching as the disc spun around the whirlwind. Even with that though, he knew that he’d have to keep up the speed and make it go faster, otherwise it was likely he would be dead last by the end. And so that was what he did. As he sat in the middle of the weather he was creating, his hands gripped harder into his calves. His knuckles grew white, and, once he released them, it was a certainty that there’d be deep nail marks in his calves.

From the outside, he wasn’t even visible as anything other than a dark silhouette within that violent torrent, but looking at the speedometer they were using to measure the test, it was clear that the wind wasn’t slowing down, as the numbers kept rising.

And they did such, until finally, over the roar of the wind, a loud yell could be heard from within the tornado, and the current shifted enough to release the disc within, launching it into the distance.

Ryouta, knowing he’d launched the disc, slowly brought his aggravation down. After all, if he tried to calm himself too quickly, any dust and dirt he’d picked up could go shooting out at his classmates, and that would probably get him in trouble. ‘Well,’ Ryouta sighed to himself, ‘No one got sucked into the thing or anything like that, so that’s good.’

Finally, the current dissipated fully, leaving nothing more than a few grey clouds, and a panting Ryouta still sitting on the ground. After a second or two, he stood up, only to receive a head rush for rising to quickly, and he placed a hand to his temple, shaking it briefly. It was then that he turned to the screen to take in the speed that he’d achieved. 352.4 mph. He let out a sigh of relief, knowing that he’d ended up going into the higher end of what he could do without immediately draining an insane amount of energy.

That was surely good enough right? He assumed that it had to be, after all, the girl from before (Kanki! That was her name; he realized, remembering seeing the name on his tablet) looked really good and she’d gotten a lower score than he did. Well, Ryouta would find out one way or another, he supposed.

As classmate, after classmate made their turn, to throw the disc, Davis soon began to get nervous. Their powers seemed so powerful, letting them get the disc quite far for most of them. Then there was the few students, like Akira, and Davis has the slight fear, he could easily become classified as one of them.

His right arm, was tilted upward, with some hardware spilling out, and looked very scrappy. With his quirk, all he could really do was build things, so his best hope was to upgrade his throwing arm. Sure it wouldn't top, everyone else's score, but all that mattered was that he gave it his all. As he tinkered, his arm gave a slight hiss and buzz, which slightly worried Davis. There was virtually no one who hadn't gone yet, excluding himself giving him no more time to attempt to upgrade. He placed a few panels back into place, and began to roughly rebuild the exterior so that it wouldn't fall apart, because that would probably ruin his score.

The time had come for Niko to put his own unique spin on this simple activity but as he stepped up and into the time light he faltered, a thought flashing through his mind. After a moments further of careful consideration a look of grim determination set on the young mans face. All of those who had gone him had put their quirks to good use when trying to put some distance between themselves and the ball, such feats would be hard to surpass for anybody, himself included. Some of them had even gone so far as to put themselves at risk such as the girl with the odd scaled hair in their efforts.

And so as Niko picked up his ball and rolled it around in his hands he inhaled deeply, trying to calm his nerves. It was a fairly standard ball, nothing extreme about it in anyway shape or form, nothing to separate it from the millions of others just like it. That helped him slightly, the thought that he had doubtlessly hurled several of these little buggers over his lifetime already, this was no biggie. And so with that Niko planted his right foot firmly in front of his left and with all his might....threw the ball.

He didn't activate his quirk, he didn't try to beat any records, he just threw it. Of course that's not to say it was a bad shot, it was respectable, the number 35.2 flashed up on the display as he returned to the group. Niko was happy with his score, it had been about what he had expected as it was fairly similar to what he had achieved last time he had to do this in his previous school for fitness class. Yup a throw that couldn't be separated from the millions just like it. The others probably wouldn't pay this round much attention and if they did they wouldn't think much of him now. A subtle smirk grew on the boys face. Nothing like the element of suprise.