• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My Hero Academia! Discussion/SignUp

thread:: https://pokecharms.com/threads/my-hero-academia-nxt-gen.16548/

[ WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO A DECENTLY LARGE AMOUNT OF ROLEPLAYERS ALREADY. VERY SORRY. HOWEVER IF YOU WISH TO JOIN, I WILL BE OPENING UP SPOTS IF SOME OF OUR CURRENT PARTICIPANTS BECOME INACTIVE OR DROP OUT. JUST POST HERE IF YOU WANT ME TO CONTACT YOU WHEN THERES OPEN SPACE ]

Yo! I'm creating a "My Hero Academia!" roleplay, based off of the anime and manga (however, I am only caught up to the anime). I simply really enjoy the show, and would like to invite you all to this roleplay, since I haven't seen any around the site yet. Please read below at the few and simple rules in order to join!

========================= RULES =========================

- Abide by all normal 'Charms rules, as posted in this forum's main page.

- Original Characters only! (Although non-student canon characters like All-Might and the other Heroes still exist)

- You may have any quirk you wish, canon or original, except for a few. You may not use them in an abusive way or in a fashion that is too similar to the show. Info on this will be seen below.

- Have good sportsmanship. You may not dodge every attack, and not everyone of your attacks are guaranteed to hit. You should also know when you have lost, if you are battling against another roleplayer. Dont throw a tantrum if you take a loss, and dont rudely boast with pride if you have claimed a victory.

- Cursing and such is allowed, but keep it to a decent median. No need to drop bombs every other word -- younger audiences roam this website as well.

========================= QUIRKS =========================

- As I mentioned earlier, you can practically have any quirk you wish your character to have, but they have to be reasonable. I don't want to be too much of a stickler about this. I want everyone to enjoy themselves in their most creative ways, but you must have restraint. Refrain from having a character controlling every ounce of water in the ocean nearby, or being able to transform into a god. If you have a canon quirk or a self-created quirk that could be abused, place info about its weakness in your character sheet.

- Please read the list below for Quirks you may not be allowed to use, or create.

Quirk Ban List:
-One for All
-Brainwashing
-Blood Manipulation
-Life Manipulation
-Death Manipulation

========================= Character Sheet =========================

Name:
-
Appearance: (links allowed)
-

Personality Traits:
-
Quirk:
-
Quirk Weakness:
-

Career Path: ( Hero / Villain )
-

Costume: (optional) (links allowed)

========================= Conclusion =========================

I hope you join and enjoy the RP, and are as excited about it as I am. The setting will be taking place in U.A High Academy, where characters training to become Heroes will be taking the Entrance Exam ("Plus Ultra") to enter the school, and begin their journey to become a famous and powerful. However, you may also choose the path of evil, and have your character aim to become the worst of the worst super Villains.

Once your character is accepted, feel free to post in the RP! However please be considerate and try not to post back to back with a single person - try to give the other active role players time to post as well, so that others dont have to scroll through tons of posts and miss the storyline.

Last edited:
| My Character |

Name: Horu Maiziyoki
-
-
-
Appearance: ( profile picture )
-

Personality Traits: Level-headed, Ambitious, and quick to think rationally...however he isn't always one to act in the smartest, common manner.
-
Quirk: Creation
-
Quirk Weakness:
Horu can only create fabrics/objects that he has studied and gotten a molecular understanding of. He cannot produce anything larger than 100m in height or width, due to his light body weight.
-
Career Path: Hero
-
Costume: (TBD)

Last edited:
Name:
-Akira Minamoto
-
Blond hair with blue eyes and pale skin. Wears a white-t shirt with brown cargo pants and black tennis shoes. Also sports a black beanie.
Personality Traits:
-Shy and anti-social. Has little confidence, but is actually quick witted and can see a situation in ways others would overlook.
Quirk:
-
Magnet
Quirk Weakness:
-Takes considerable concentration, especially for larger or more numerous objects, leads to headaches after overuse. Not physically fit.
Career Path
-Hero

Sounds good, but first I'm gonna send an invite to a friend to join us. Also, are we gonna describe our costumes when we get those?

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Name:
-Emiko "Emi" Kazumi
-
Long black hair with black eyes, slim, strong build with a flat chest. Wears a white blue tank top with white skin tight long pants. Wears white tennis shoes and red earnings. Also, due to her Quirk, has two large protruding feathered white wings visible at all times.
Personality Traits:
-Fun loving and always looking for adventure. Can be a little of an airhead, is insecure over her flat chest and has a secret mean streak. But is very loyal to her friends and always gives it her all.
Quirk:
-
Angel Wings
Quirk Weakness:
-Flight eats away at stamina, the faster/longer she flies the more stamina it eats up. Too much and she'll lose the ability to fly altogether. Also when she learns to shoot feathers like projectiles, if she uses too many feathers she will lose the ability to fly.
Costume
-Undecided (Can't think of anything for now, it will come to me by the time we get costumes, promise on my end)

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Hero Academia! RP! (Also I apologize for my insane outburst)

Name: Davis Yuto
Appearance: Davis has messy black hair, that is about mid length and looked like it's a bit greasy. He wears a pair of brown rimmed goggles, with clear lenses on his forehead, and had green eyes. He wears a sleeveless black shirt. Over this he wears a sleeveless brown vest, that he wears open. He then wears navy blue jeans, and black boots. Something that is different, is his right arm, is mechanical due to a explosion when he was younger. They gave him a prosthetic, and when he got his quirk, he gave the arm a boost, making it much more unique. It looks like a normal human arm, except for the fact it's a dark grey with crimson plating around it. He always has a brown leather satchel over his shoulder with tools and parts for tinkering.
Personality: Davis is a fun loving kid, with a huge appetite. He makes jokes, and seems to slack off a lot. However he pays more attention than most people realize and is very smart and quick. He is a bit hot headed at times, and an get into fights easily. He loves to inker with stuff.
Quirk: Generator. With this Quirk, the user can build machinery at super human speed, and is immune to explosions, electricity, and fire, as long as it comes from a machine.
Quick Weakness: By building he uses much more stamina than the average human being. This requires he has to eat more to compensate for the massive lack of calories that he burns up. If he is too hungry, he builds slower, and has less successful results, depending on how hungry he is.
Costume: (will edit this, when I think of something cool)

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I mean poor Emi has to go dive around and slam robot parts into robots like a mad bomber, and here Akira is just flicking his wrist and making robots go boom. Totally no fair :(

Name: Niko Alasire
Appearance: Niko isn't tall for his age but he is built with a wiry frame, still tough. He possess a pair of hazel eyes that can give either a piercing gaze or a friendly look depending on the situation. His hair is a dark mess that is often untamed but still manages to suit him pretty well. A few freckles are scattered across his nose and over all he is a pretty good looking guy. His usual outfit consists of dark jeans, whatever shirt he chooses and a navy blue jacket over it all. He normally also dons a pair of black combat boots.
Personality:
Niko is the kind of guy who doesn't shy away from doing what he considers to be the right thing and due to this he can prove to be on the headstrong side of things. That said he is nice to everybody meets unless they give him a reason to distrust them. Easy to chat with and known to crack a few rubbish jokes no matter the situation, Niko isn't a hard guy to get along with. That being said when his competitive streak kicks in things can get a little hated with him, even his closest friends may get a surprise as he isn't the type to go easy on anybody. Niko's primary faults other than what I have already mentioned is that he has an awful memory, sucks at math and is a little insecure about his quirk currently.
Quirk:
Crystal form.
Can swap between his human form and another in which his skin becomes jet black and he loses all features bar his eyes and mouth. His eyes are replaced with fully yellow ones, no whites, and his mouth is just a black pit. When I say he can swap to this form, its often not willingly due to the way in which he gained his powers. This form is not completely solid, it can shift somewhat, his arms can reshape to blades, his limbs could extend or he could change his hands into a shield or whip. He often climbs on walls and ceilings, gecko style. Whatever his body is made up of in this form is harder than human flesh, it makes him a lot tougher than the average human. He has no organs in this form either as far as he can tell, no blood comes out when he is split. Put very simply he is now composed of thousands of black crystals that work in an almost hive mind. They can move indeapendtly from one another in order for him to essentially shapeshift. This also means that if he were hit by a car for example he would split into loads of different crystals that would then come back together and reform him.
Quirk weakness:
When in his crystal state Niko is still vulnerable to things like fire as if heated up enough his crystals will take substantial damage. Similar abilities such as electricity, lasers and sound based attacks will also deal significant damage to him.
Career path: Hero
Hero costume:
An entirely black one piece suit, almost like that of a motorcyclist and topped with a helmet that again resembles that of a motorcyclists. The suit has a few yellow highlights on it, primarily on the chest and shoulders and possess thick bits of armour on the knees, elbows, shoulders and chest. The helmet has a classic smiley face drawn on it but the smile is more of a wicked grin.

@Nebula-Newt Nice! However before I approve you, I'm afraid I have to ask you to "nerf" your quirk a little bit - make it not so overpowered. I understand its basics, but the reforming of the crystals pretty much makes you immortal/invincible, aside from the specific elements that could harm you.

Maybe you could put a time frame on how long you can stay in the Crystal Form? Or make it more generalized in what it is vulnerable to.

Perhaps I should have explained it better..... In crystal form Niko would be invulnerable to physical attacks but anything else so the afore mentioned elements, drowning, gases, poison, acid, radiation, e.t.c, will have their full effects on him. Its a physical immunity basically but if that's too overpowered just say the word and I'll have it changed.

Perhaps you can make it near invulnerable instead of complete physical immunity. Even Noumu, a being created specifically to be immune to All Might's punches, got beat by All Might's punches when he hit it hard enough. Everything has a limit.

Just a suggestion, my word means nothing. Just throwing out my thoughts on this.

@Nebula-Newt Ohh okay I see! Thats better! The only thing I would suggest is what Godjacob offered - physical immunity is fine, but a limit would be nice. ( An example would be: your crystal form would be incredibly strong against any type of normal physical attacks, but if someone was able to continuously strike you with strong power, then your form would eventually give out. ) How does that sound?

If youre okay with that, then you're approved! :) If you would like to make different changes however, feel free to!

Yeah that's no problem, if the crystal form comes under enough pressure individual crystals may even crack or something. Cant wait to get this up and running, love the show :D

Name: Katsuo Hiroshi
-
-
-
Appearance: Trimmed spiky black hair, teal eyes, fair skin, athletic build, above average height. Wears partially zipped black collared jacket with the sleeves pulled up, white t shirt, dark blue jeans, black sneakers with white trim.
-
Personality Traits: Katsuo is good with his words and he knows it. He's got a friendly but strong face that makes him seem approachable and a sly smooth way of speaking that's very good at convincing people to do what he wants. Even though Katsuo has this capability he tends to try and not to manipulate people. Overall he's a fairly outgoing person without many worries, but he is flawed with arrogance.
-
Quirk: Sound Control. User can manipulate sound and sounds waves, this can be used in ways such as flight, sonic boom generation, sonic stimulation, frequency manipulation, sound generation, etc.
-
Quirk Weakness:
Even though he has an immunity some aspects of sound, overusing his abilities can severely offset his equilibrium, making it difficult, to stand, walk, and basically function without falling off balance.
-
-
Costume: None

Last edited:
Huh. This thread became pretty populated pretty fast. Nice!
Well. Here's mine.

Name:
- Ryouta Amai
- Straight brown hair that covers his ears, although he takes care that it doesn't obscure his vision, with a streak of light blue to the left side. His eyes are somewhat narrowed, and are a hazel-grey mix.
Typical clothing is a simple white t-shirt, covered by a light blue hoodie, and plain black sweatpants, with a pair of white tennis shoes.
Personality Traits:
- From an outside point of view, he seems very cold. Aside from trying to keep his quirk from going haywire, there are other reasons for this that are more story driven.
Get to past that though and he's actually a huge dork.
He can be slow on the uptake sometimes, even though his test grades are top notch.
Quirk:
- Atmosphere
(So. I should probably do some explaining here. More or less, his quirk gives him his own personal weather system, allowing him to create his own weather at different strengths. This is also true of being able to regulate the air temperature around him.)
Quirk Weakness:
- There's a few, though some are more story dependent meaning they can be absolved later.
So, first, his quirk has a set zone. There is a radius of 2 meters, and a height of 4 meters.
Second, as is known, quirks take energy to use. More or less, Ryouta is like a faulty battery. His quirk is almost always active in some function, so his energy is almost always draining, though mostly in minimal amounts.
Finally, his quirk is largely dependent upon emotion, though over time, this will become less so. In other words, he is less accustomed to his quirk, and so starting off, he has to be careful about what he's doing.

Career Path:
- Hero
Costume: (optional) (links allowed)
- So, while I don't have a good design idea set, I can at least detail its purpose. It's made to be durable against all kinds of weather, and has things like ground spikes to keep him on his feet in things like tornadoes that he might create.

Name: Kanki Sukeru
Appearance: Her thick 5'2" frame is a bit on heavy side, especially for her age, but she's quite fit regardless. Her eyes are a bright silver, and she keeps her straight, golden brown hair loose, extending down to her triceps. She wears very casual clothing, usually a hoodie, sweatpants, and sneakers.
Personality Traits: She's easygoing and slow to anger, speaking to everyone she meets in the same casual manner regardless of gender or status. Perhaps a bit lazy, she has generally good grades but nothing standing out too much. She is unexpectedly sharp at times, albeit clueless at other times.
Quirk Description & Weaknesses: Scale-Hair: Kanki has the ability to transform her hair into a massive, mobile limb covered in tough, layered plates ressembling that of a pangolin, a strange fusion of other quirks within her family. The limb's length is equal to five times that of her normal hair. So fair she can only effectively manage her quirk at just over two meters in length and roughly two-thirds of a meter in width, although it can become far larger. These scales are very tough, able to protect her body from firearms and other projectiles, as well as other powerful attacks. Of course, it has a limit, and Kanki can't afford to just stay still and rely on them to tank damage forever. Thankfully, when one particular scale breaks, it falls off, leaving the rest of the structure intact. In addition, scales can regenerate in damaged areas over the course of a few minutes, although depending on the pace of the battle this might prove useless.

Being a giant functional limb, this structure also posesses offensive uses, strong enough to easily pick up humans and hurl them as well as flip cars. As the edges of the armored limb are sharp, it can also be used to slash at enemies and dig into the ground. One technique Kanki has been practicing is curling up into a ball and rolling. As her scales are also sensitive to vibrations in the ground, Kanki is working on being able to track others' positions while in this state, but she has long way to go (let's say she smashes into things quite often.)

Kanki's quirk is full of other flaws not already mentioned. For one, her hair is the only thing that transforms, not the rest of her body. As such, if she gets struck directly from even mild attacks, it might be game over. It's also heavy, so she can't grow her hair out too long or else managing her quirk would be difficult. In the future she might find ways to overcome this, however.
Costume: Consists of layered armor made her own scales located on her shins, thighs, upper arms, and torso, while her joints are uncovered to allow for movement. Additionally, on her forearms she wears a pair of bladed gauntlets made from especially long scales that have been sharpened further. The downside to this suit is that unlike her hair, damaged sections so not regenerate over time, and it isn't quite as durable.

Last edited:
Name: Kenny Blake
-
-
-
Appearance: (links allowed): Wears a black jacket over a green t-shirt, a black fedora
-
Personality Traits: Laid back, a little lazy but very serious when needed and loyal.
-
Quirk: Slime (Ability to turn into slime and shapeshift, stretch, grow in size. etc.)
-
Quirk Weakness:
Like normal slime, he is weak against cold and the things you put in cat's litter boxes
-
Career Path: ( Hero / Villain ): Hero
-
Costume: (optional) (links allowed):

@koopa000 Im actually going to have to ask you to edit your post a bit...I'm okay with a bit of a timeskip in battling NPC's...but starting off with 50+ is kind of absurd, considering the event had basically just started. Sorry to bother you about it, but try to not start off in an over-powered manner.

Yes, but he added description of how he gained those points and put some effort into it, so it was acceptable.

Thank you for editing! I appreciate it!

@Trainer_Zander pretty much you're just trying to show off your abilities as much as possible (while in a reasonable manner).

For convenience, since this is the beginning of the RP, the advancers are determined by how well you post and how you use your abilities, to show the others what you're made of :) Point wise, just try to get within double digits

Well if I recall 60 points is a pretty high point range so someone would most likely get it later on, but not so soon. Also I've been discussing some plans for a combo so would it be alright for us two to be in a separate sector from everyone else?

Yeah. What I'm saying is that currently @Trainer_Zander and I are in a separate sector so we can pull of a combo we'be been working on. And I'm just letting people know that we'll be in a separate sector so we can pull of something big, without negatively affecting others. (Cause there is like four mock cities where the tests are done, Sector A, Sector B, Sector C and Sector D)