• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My friend went to the Pokemon Center and all I got was...

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
...quite a lot, actually.

Let's see:
12 pencils, all with the same design featuring Pikachu, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Groudon, Corphish, Combusken and Ludicolo arranged down the length of it (and a small white patch near the top for you to write your name on)

a set of 3 rubbers: a green one with Treecko on one side and Kyogre on the other, a yellow one with Torchic and Groudon and a blue one with Mudkip and Rayquaza

a 6" ruler with cartoon pics of Meowth, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur on

a square pencil case with multiple magnetically-sealed pockets (the sort of thing all the boys had back in 1985 and I wasn't allowed because I was A Girl - so it is extra appealing for that reason)

this yellow desk calendar with hundreds of tiny stickers

three Pokemon Center carrier bags (!) - which are actually quite cool

On the basis that I feel like sharing the Pokemon goodness, email/PM me if you want me to send you some of the tiny stickers, a pencil and/or a carrier bag. None of those items will exactly cost much to send through the post, and it's not as if I actually need 12 identical pencils...

I'll try to post pictures in a bit 8).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
:shock:

Damn you! The art on that calender looks so cool/cute. You're making me envious ;_;

You're one lucky woman Baratron. Was that the NY Center or one in Japan?

baratron

Staff member
Well, I did say I was willing to share my Pokemon bonanza. What kind of evil person do you think I'd be, if I posted on a forum "L00k @ all dez kewt fings i got!!!" and then wanted to keep them all to myself :shock:?!

It was the Pokemon Center in Tokyo. My friend got sent to Japan for a conference about Alzheimer's disease. It's an international conference that moves venue round the world each year. Apparently they chose Japan this year because Alzheimer's disease is a growing problem in Japan because they have the oldest population in the world (in terms of average age of inhabitants, I think). All very cheery. My friend decided that if he was being sent there anyway, he might as well tag some holiday onto the trip, so he spent about 10 days visiting various places and just generally boggling.

If it helps make you less jealous, he said he was thoroughly underwhelmed with the Pokemon Center. It was very small (smaller than it appears in the photos on the web site - they've rearranged it to look bigger) and didn't have any stock beyond what's on the web site (and not even all of that). They also seemed to be very much marketing at the preschool and young schoolchild audience - most of the clothing stopped at ~age 10. Don't even let me get started on my "how many preschool children would be able to understand most of the strategy required for Pokemon?" rant, if you know what's good for you :lol:.

Anyway, pictures:
1. Mudkip carrier bag: one side and the other.
2. Torchic carrier bag: one side and the other.
3. Pikachu carrier bag: one side and the other - note that the Pikachu bag is bigger than my scanner, so I had to stitch the picture together from multiple scans, which is why it doesn't look as good as the others.
4. 2 of the 12 pencils - I tried to arrange them so you can see the full image as it wraps round the pencil.
5. Rubbers: Ru/Sa/Em starter side, Ru/Sa/Em legendary side.
6. Stickers that came with the calendar as mentioned - the scan shows them larger than actual size. I have 10 each of them for the top 12 Pokemon and 5 each for the bottom 6.
7. Ruler - looks a bit fuzzy through the plastic, and the back, so you can see the cool packaging.
8. Pencil case: top, bottom and side. I am particularly amused by the side view, as it looks to me that the Pokemon are:
L-R Blaziken, Rayquaza, Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, Homer Simpson in amusing toilet paper incident, Sceptile, Kyogre, Groudon.

I mean, does that look like a Marshtomp at all? I actually only worked out it was Marshtomp by a process of elimination! I swear it's Homer Simpson...

OK, just to reiterate what I said before: the carrier bags are free to a good home. I will also send pencils and stickers to anyone I recognise as a regular on this forum, and I might even send you a rubber if I like you and you ask veerry nicely. I'm keeping the calendar, ruler and pencil case though ;).

My head hurts now from all that scanning and PSP-ing.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Awesome stuff! ^___^

I love that ruler, and the pencils are really nice, too. Also, I feel ashamed for saying this, but that Torchic bag is really, really... cute. I usually dislike that thing the most out of the Hoenn starters but even I couldn't reject it looking like that o.O

If I ever get a chance to visit the NY Pokemon center (or better yet - the Tokyo center) I'm gonna have $300 saved up in advance 8)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Raichu said:
I love that ruler, and the pencils are really nice, too. Also, I feel ashamed for saying this, but that Torchic bag is really, really... cute. I usually dislike that thing the most out of the Hoenn starters but even I couldn't reject it looking like that o.O

*SLAP* Bad Katie! Torchic is Teh Cuuuute!

*Huggles Torchic*

Expect a PM, Baratron.
:wink:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
Raichu said:

*SLAP* Bad Katie! Torchic is Teh Cuuuute!

*Huggles Torchic*

(Normally) Treecko ownz Torchic 10x over! You're just bias :twisted:

*Thunderbolt's Gary*

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
*Jumps in the way of the Thunderbolt*

BZZT!

Oww...

Ahem. Baratron, if you wake up to find your stuff gone, it wasn't me
*Shiftily hides bag in hands*

baratron

Staff member
Yoshi: If you want anything, PM me ;).

Other people - parcels are wrapped, I'll take them to the Post Office if it's not raining tomorrow (sorry, it's just too grey and miserable for me to be able to face bus + queuing tonight).

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Nawww, I can't just take things off people usually. Although I now have a Treecko carrier bag and a Destiny Deoxys poster. Which rocks.