• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS My Diamond/Pearl Team: Please Rate and enjoy!

Okay, here is a better team. Hopefully. (These are not action replay pokemon)

Dragonite, Lv. 81
Hold Item: Persim Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Outrage
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Draco Meteor

Porygon-Z
, Lv.79
Ability: Download
Hold Item: Chople Berry
Psychic
Zap Cannon
Tri Attack
Protect

Shadow the Umbreon, Lv. 80
Hold Item: Dread Plate
Ability: Synchronize
Shadow Ball
Iron Tail
Moonlight
Dark Pulse (thanks POH!KEMON)

Swampert, Lv. 79
Hold Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Torrent
Hammer Arm
Earthquake
Endeavor
Brick Break

Yanmega Lv. 77
Hold Item: Insect Plate
Ability: Speed Boost
Ancientpower
Bug Buzz
Silver Wind
Endure

Rampardos Lv. 78
Hold Item: Muscle Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Zen Headbutt
Ancientpower
Head Smash
Thunderbolt

Notes:

Dragonite- I gave him the Persim Berry to snap out of his confusion after using outrage. I may also use Draco Plate and White Herb

Porygon-Z- It's held item lowers super effective hits against fighting types, while it KOs them with Psychic

Shadow- Big thanks to POH!KEMON for helping me with his moveset

Swampert- His Expert Belt boosts his power if the attack is super effective.

Yanmega- The newest on my team, his Insect Plate will give more opwer to his attacks

Rampardos- His Muscle band adds a lot of power to Zen Headbutt and Head Smash.

Well please rate and give advice!

I'll break it down for you =3 (Will require rebreeding, possibly. >>)

I have a two umbreon sets, if this is competitive. =3 Also, natures please and Evs as well.

Umbreon@Leftovers
Neutral Nature (Docile, Quirky, etc.)
252 Def/252Sp. Def/6 Hp or Atk
-Payback
-Curse
-Toxic
-Mean look/Confuse Ray

I've used a similar set before, 'cept it had baton pass. It works really well, actually O_O

Also:
Umbreon@Leftovers
252 Def/252 Sp. Def/6 Hp
Whatever the +Sp. Def and -Speed nature is. >>
-Curse
-Toxic
-Confuse Ray
-Mean Look

Above is a standard umbreon annoyer set for you =3

May I suggest:
Dragonite
Modest Nature
252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/6 Hp
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-some filler move here

Overall, your Dragonite is excellent, but Draco Meteor, is just no. >>

Ditch Zap Cannon for Thunderbolt, as pory-z can't really afford for Zap cannon to miss, as it's a pretty fragile pokemon defense wise. The EV spread should be: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/6 Hp

Swampert's moveset looks wonderful. Give it an adamant nature and an Ev spread of: 252 Atk/252 Hp/6 Def or Sp. Def.

Can't say much for the others though >>

I would actually have to disagree strongly on the Swampert set. No STAB water move? Hell no!

Swampert@Rindo berry or Expert Belt (if you wish to keep it)
Adamant
Torrent
252 HP/Atk
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Avalanche/Roar
-Hammer Arm/Stealth Rock/Brick Break

Pretty much a mix of the two standard sets I know of with a Swampert. Double STAB, Avalanche with Hammer Arm goes well with your already slow speed. Roar and Stealth Rock if you wish to annoy the hell out of the other team. Rindo berry to lessen the blow of that first major grass attack.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
First of all Gruffenv1, I know full well you didn't bother reading the topic I linked to you in your last topic since barely an hour or two after I showed you that link you posted advice that drank urine from a PINGAS fountain. Since reading that topic seems too much for you to handle, here's the basics...

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm
Synchronize

- Toxic
- Mean Look
- Taunt/Snatch/Dig
- Rest/Moonlight

No matter what anyone says, the only attacks Umbreon should ever be using - EVER - are Payback and Dig. All other attacks (that includes Dark Pulse) are a complete waste of space because Umbreon's offensive stats are terrible. Toxic is Umbreon's primary means of dishing out damage, and combined with Mean Look means that there's no escape from its constantly increasing damage. Dig can add on a bit more damage, and protect you from attacks for a turn (avoid Earthquake at all costs!) Taunt/Snatch will fluster attempts at trying to recover HP from the Toxic damage, or statting up to beat down Umbreon that way, and finally a heal move will keep you going whilst the slow and painful demise ticks on for your hapless opponent.

Pheonix's Swampert set is a great option, although I'd ditch the Rindo Berry since Grass-type attacks are rare, and also the only Grass-type attack that isn't obvious is Grass Knot, and even with Rindo Berry you're still suffering a blow packing 240 Power, and that's without STAB - odds are, you're screwed either way. Rindo Berry isn't worth it compared to berries guarding against more common attack types such as Electric and Ice.

Rampardos needs to drop Thunderbolt and AncientPower since its Sp.Attack stat is absolute garbage. Earthquake is a must-have thanks to Mold Breaker, and some means of bypassing Rampardos's terrible Speed - be it Choice Scarf or Rock Polish - is crucial.

Also, Shado, Draco Meteor is not a bad move, in fact it's one of the most deadly moves in the game - ask Salamence and Latios and they'll likely respond by showing you that they can 2HKO every non-Steel Pokemon in the game with the move, except for Blissey, Regice and Shedinja. In Dragonite's case though, he usually has better things to do with his time, like this for example:

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Adamant
Inner Focus

- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

A deadly offensive set - more common on Salamence than on Dragonite, but Dragonite can pull this off as well. Dragon Dance gives a boost to Dragonite's amazing Attack stat and more importantly, its mediocre Speed. Outrage is the best option by far for attacking, and the confusion after-effect is a small price to pay when this move can easily decimate half of the opponent's team if used at the right time. Earthquake and Fire Blast give perfect coverage in combination with Outrage, and Fire Blast will slam any physical walls that will try to slow your offense down.

Those are just a few examples - now, for the love of god, read this topic:

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=3017.0

...as it contains a lot of information that will help you. And, you know...actually read it this time...since ignoring it last time got you a warning.

Okay. Ive taken all advice in this topic. And Lucario. I read the first couple posts or so., and i FAVORITED the link on my computer. And yes, that advice did drink from a PINGAS fountain. So, I am currently working on rebuilding the team. Here are their Natures. I will raise their stats with Carbos and items like that if I need to.

Umbreon
Quiet
New Moveset:
Toxic
Mean Look
Dig
Moonlight

Yanmega
Sassy
I'm thinking about replacing Yanmega, his stats are crap, and his moves suck. The alternates I have are:

Blissey, Lv. 75, Natural Cure, Modest, I need Moveset Ideas though.

Lucario, Lv. 72, Jolly, Steadfast
Aura Sphere
Close Combat
Dragon Pulse
Extremespeed
So... back to the rest of my team.

Porygon-Z
Mild
New Moveset:
Thunderbolt
Tri Attack
Protect
Psychic (New move perhaps)

Swampert
Adamant
New Moveset:
Hammer Arm
Protect
Earthquake
Waterfall

Dragonite/Yache Berry
Hasty
New Moveset:
Dragon Dance
Fire Blast
earthquake
Dragon Claw

Rampardos
Hasty
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt
Head Smash
Rock Polish

Well, i think I have a couple more kinks, but Ill continue reading that post and head off to own people.

After that maybe my advice wont suck any more.

A possible suggestion for Porygon-Z's fourth move would be Ice Beam. Oh, and Blissey would have to be pretty much entirely defensive since it has horrible attack stats. Softboiled would most likely be a helpful move for recovering HP. Don't forget that Blissey has many options since it can learn 56 TMs and has 8-9 egg moves.

Ive added a possible alternate and modified Pory-Zs Moveset Here is alternate:

Scizor
Rash
Agility/Iron Defense (can't decide)
Iron Head
X-Scissor
Night Slash

Pory-Z
Psychic
Ice Beam
Tri Attack
Thunderbolt