• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join ~My Class 1A - The Next Generation (MHA)~

Name: Ryo Asui
Hero name: Yamori(Japenese for Gecko)
Parent: Tsuyu Asui
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Medium Skin tone, 6'3, Has Black messy hair, Bushy Eyebrows, Scar on his cheek, yellow eyes.
Hero Costume: Where's a Black and White suit with Goggles and a Half Gas Mask.
Personality: He is known to be very Goofy and Charming and due to his height, Very intimidating, which is also the reason he is good at getting discounts at Restaurants(Mostly Sea Food).
Quirk: Gecko
Unlike his mom who has all the abilities of a Frog, He has all the abilities of a Gecko.
Including, Dewdrop cleaning, Hair's on feet that let them climb on walls, Carrying 20 Ibs more than your own weight, dropping his tail in case of danger, Regrowing tail, and amazing acrobatics.
Backstory: He was the average kid, he had a loving family, he had a house, toys, food, and he had friends, and of course...He wanted to become the world's strongest hero! At least he did want to become a hero. Kids at his school would make fun of him and his power, and say things like: "Ew look at his tail, it's so gross!" or "What a freak, he just licked his own eye!" and he was starting to lose hope. But then his mom came home from a mission with a huge smile on her face. She walked up to him and gave him some big goggles. He asked what they were and she said it was her superhero goggles when she was a hero in training, She wore a Domino mask now and didn't need them.
When she gave it to him all hope was restored and he then decided. "I'm going to be a UA student and become the strongest hero ever!"
Other: He was accepted in the school for his athletic ability and how well he used his quirk.

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-5_16-38-15.png
    upload_2020-5-5_16-38-15.png
    236.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Hey y'all, just got back from work. In the past few weeks I've been able to post in the early afternoon because I've been getting off at noon a lot (due to reduced workload), but now it looks like the plant is going to be doing full days again. This won't stop me from partaking in this RP, it just means I won't be able to reply as early as I have been. Just wanted to throw that out there so we're all on the same page.

Anyhow, @RomanAndRomanNoodles
Preface: I say none of this out of malice. I don't want to seem mean, but there are standards I feel I must uphold to make this RP fun for everyone.
To be frank, you didn't add much. I know his motivation, but nothing else about him tells me he's hero material. Considering that "intimidating, lazy, and has trust issues" and a desire for revenge are the extents of his personality traits, with no redeeming qualities, he's more a villain than a hero. I'm afraid I can't accept this version, but I'll give you another chance to revise and expand. I suggest thinking about his childhood. What was it like? How did his parents methods of raising him make him who he is now? Think about his relationships, his hobbies, etc. You don't need to actually write EVERYTHING I just said down, but I find considering such things (and other aspects of a character's life beyond bare bones) to be very helpful in RPing better characters because it allows you to get into their shoes and understand them as more than just a concept written down on paper.

PS: His quirk is honestly kinda weak, since it has a very narrow application and any sort of shield or armor nullifies its effects, since it only works on living things. I'd honestly suggest expanding it to be more powerful or utilitarian.

@RomanAndRomanNoodles I highly suggest writing in full sentences, it will help you flesh out your character without even knowing it. Rather than listing personality traits, write a sentence about why he is that way or an example of a habit he had that proves he has that trait. Same goes for appearance, you think you'll find it helpful to expand on the details if you force yourself to write in full sentences (works for me) and often my characters that I don't put effort into the bios are the ones that end up flopping. As far as quirk, I agree with Hogzilla- an easy fix, however would be to say it works on all things and not just living things. For example, he can punch a wall but it won't crumble until 20 seconds later.

Two things:
First off, @RomanAndRomanNoodles
Not bad, you're in. You and @Clite of Dragonbow will be joining in once this exercise event is wrapped up, which should be soon (fingers crossed). EDIT: Also, you can lay off the excessive use of bold font. It's kinda garish.

Second, after this event is complete, my plan is for a time skip to the end of the day. There are indeed more classes in store but if we RP each of them it'll take months to finish even one day, so I'm proposing a skip to the end of the first day, where by group fiat nothing of much significance happens in the rest of our classes. This is so people can RP a bit about their character's home life, since everyone but Caleb won't move into the dorms until the end of the week.
Does anyone have any objections to the plan I've proposed? I'm not trying to be a dictator, I'm just putting forth my idea for how we should proceed. After that, I suggest an interlude where we can RP in smaller groups as desired to establish relationships between characters. For example two students might be RPing a situation that arose on Wednesday while another three might be going through a scenario in class on Friday afternoon. This interlude should be brief, but should provide a more natural transition to the next big event.

If anyone has any questions, concerns, counterproposals, etc. I'm happy to hear them. I'm not laying down a dictatorial decree but a rough framework for how we should proceed from the Hero Villain Exercise event.

EDIT: Okay I lied, I have a third point to touch on. @Cryronn the Mudkip did you want to wrap up the match? Otherwise I was going to make a post to do just that.

Last edited:
I would want a situation or moment where my character arrive at class at some point and explain, why he wasn't there earlier, if it isn't a problem.
Like..
We may say that some days passed after the first day and he is sort of.. Transfered student from other class?
If thats okay with you all, of course

Hat was sort of Kureiji's final hurrah, so you can work off from that to finish the fight. Remember that he still has about five apes and a dozen Pangolians around the facility still, as well as a few urchins littered about the ground. Otherwise he's practically done.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Two things:
First off, @RomanAndRomanNoodles
Not bad, you're in. You and @Clite of Dragonbow will be joining in once this exercise event is wrapped up, which should be soon (fingers crossed). EDIT: Also, you can lay off the excessive use of bold font. It's kinda garish.

Second, after this event is complete, my plan is for a time skip to the end of the day. There are indeed more classes in store but if we RP each of them it'll take months to finish even one day, so I'm proposing a skip to the end of the first day, where by group fiat nothing of much significance happens in the rest of our classes. This is so people can RP a bit about their character's home life, since everyone but Caleb won't move into the dorms until the end of the week.
Does anyone have any objections to the plan I've proposed? I'm not trying to be a dictator, I'm just putting forth my idea for how we should proceed. After that, I suggest an interlude where we can RP in smaller groups as desired to establish relationships between characters. For example two students might be RPing a situation that arose on Wednesday while another three might be going through a scenario in class on Friday afternoon. This interlude should be brief, but should provide a more natural transition to the next big event.

If anyone has any questions, concerns, counterproposals, etc. I'm happy to hear them. I'm not laying down a dictatorial decree but a rough framework for how we should proceed from the Hero Villain Exercise event.

EDIT: Okay I lied, I have a third point to touch on. @Cryronn the Mudkip did you want to wrap up the match? Otherwise I was going to make a post to do just that.
Can u be class iida? XD, god your so organized, its amazing

Well... I don't have a problem with time skipping to an exercise once our "after school" scenarios play out. Hopefully they shouldn't take too long.

That said I don't think it's a good idea to add in the 1B students since we don't really have all our social dynamics ironed out yet, and almost doubling the number of characters would make things very confusing. If you have a way to introduce the 1B students while keeping them from getting enmeshed with 1A then go for it, but if not you might opt to fold their introduction into a time skip. Ultimately I think keeping the number of characters down is good since we can really get into our roles and create a more immersive experience.

In the meantime I will brainstorm some ideas for the next exercise.

EDIT: as a side note, this scenario is starting to look like the start of an episode of This is Your Life lol

Last edited:
Okay everyone I have a couple of ideas to run by you.

First, I suggest a Disaster Relief exercise. You see this in the anime and manga. Conceptually this is a teamwork exercise that tests the students' motivation and teamwork outside of an "us versus them" scenario, where the solution isn't just "fight harder". I think everyone in this class has something very valuable to contribute in such a test.

Second, detective work. The students are split into groups and given a problem to solve. Out of character I would give you guys the solution, and the RP would be how our characters use their unique gifts and skills to find the solution (or fail to do so, at your discretion).

Let me know what you think!

Ok I did some reading of it and I was hoping to maybe join, so here’s my char

Name: Ashikura Maniku
Hero Name: Changling
Quirk: Morphla
Quirk Description: He can change his body to look like anybody he has seen, easier with a picture, harder with just being told how they look Can be difficult to use if he doesn’t remember them clearly
Parents: Two average workers named Chicku Maniku and Junikan Maniku
Hero Suit: Just a normal jacket shirt and shorts with sports shoes and a camera so he isn’t easily spotted as a hero(cause that would be awkward to be wearing a flashy hero costume when disguised as a villain)
Looks:5”3, Black hair just lying on his head covering his forehead, pale, smirks most often but only noticeable but looking closely.
Personality: A prankster who acts cocky, but it is a facade and defense mechanism to try and stop bullies like in elementary and middle school because he wanted to be a hero even though his quirk isn’t good in a fight. He wants to be a hero because he looks up to the hero Deku, because he was born quirkless. So surely he can do it with a quirk right. Likes to think of strategies even though most don’t work. He wants to be a hero so his parents are proud of him.
Athletic Ability: Fast and can jump high. Weak Immune System, so he gets sick often.
Childhood: His parents tried their best to raise him to make sure he was ready for failure but is still happy for success but in stead, he is a fool who likes playing pranks with his quirk making his own success, not following others. Doesn’t give up even though his quirk doesn’t help fight. Was bullied for wanting to be a hero even though his quirk doesn’t help fight, so he has a scar on his chest that looks like an occult symbol.
Age: 17 due to him not studying and having to repeat. Yes he is small for his age, his classmates age in fact but most definitely his own age.

Last edited by a moderator: