• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My artwork on my longest running series

This is Avalon, the main character of my longest running original anime story and it's still going (I just can't seem to break away from it and I always think of new ideas so yeah) I did some manga's on this (some of them I took my time while others it was just more for fun) oh and her legs are suppose to be white cause she's wearing white stockings. This is one of the many few I did in colour (sometimes when I colour them, I mess them up -_-')I'll also post some random ones as well (doodling in school :p not good but profitable)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Huh. 'Tis very cute...what did you use to color it? It looks like crayon...but not a lot of people use crayon. Colored pencil, maybe?

The only complaint I have is that her hand looks kinda...funny. But hands are hard...sigh...I know that all too well. Ah, well, I guess it's my punishment for never taking any classes or bothering to teach myself anatomy. ^_^;;

I'd like to see more of the story!

Huh. 'Tis very cute...what did you use to color it? It looks like crayon...but not a lot of people use crayon. Colored pencil, maybe?

The only complaint I have is that her hand looks kinda...funny. But hands are hard...sigh...I know that all too well. Ah, well, I guess it's my punishment for never taking any classes or bothering to teach myself anatomy. ^_^;;

I'd like to see more of the story!

I do agree the hand is wacked (I just realized it ^_^") For the colouring I used Pencil crayons (cause me and photo shop = disaster, not that good at it yet) Would you like to see some other pics in colour? or black and white?(which basically means no colour)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Of course we want to see other pictures - colored or black and white! And I'd personally love to see some of these manga of yours if at all possible ^^

The hands may be wonky, but you've got good proportions. It's actually quite a good picture in that way.

You should post pictures of the other more major characters, like Kenta, Apollo, Karina, Osaka, and maybe a few others.

Definitly ^_^ you missed some new ones that you don't know about yet. I probably post another picture later on (it'll be in black and white as of all my pencil crayons are gone or broken) and give full descriptions on the characters that are shown in the picture and their ties to the story.

EDIT: Ok did this one a while ago. These are the main characters for my new season of it. Starting at top left hand corner and going sideways is Gretchet symbol of the rose next is Victoria symbol of the snow flake next is ...... (I need help for a name to fit her >>) symbol of the citrus next is Naiomi symbol of the feather next is Chihiro symbol of the butterfly and last is Avalon symbol of the heart. Story: in this season Avalon and the other Mystic rangers (Mystic rangers help protect mystics who are a race of half human half animals, like a mermaid) are hired by the government to help keep the law of allowing mystics to live in equality with humans (this law was presented around season 1 and 2) while doing this they travel to Europe to begin an investigation on Mystics being changed to humans 0.0 on their journey they discover that there is another mystic ranger who is being manpulated by her brother who dispises mystics for what they have did to his family in his past. I don't want to give anymore away because I'll eventually do a manga on the explanation ^_^" the category of this is magical girl, adventure, and romance.So that's what's going on in my head right now If you guys want to see some manga's then I'll post some older season ones. Yah I realize they only have one eye but sometimes I draw people like that ^_^" I've seen it been done in other manga's so please don't be too discouraged. I forgot another manga serise I do called SMASH BASH!!!!! I take an anime character from different anime shows and pit them in a death match against each other XD it's hilarious.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wow o.o

I'm impressed. You really are good at proportions. Yeah, I'd love it if you posted some of your manga ^^

Got any pictures of males from your series? ;)

Well here's a manga I did on the series (takes place in season 3 where monster queen echidna want's to enslave the human and mystic race). It's called "Reflection Detection" there's 16 pages in all. You'll know who's talking cause the text is above their head or I put the person's name beside it. Yah I spelt completely wrong -_- As for males I have a ton of them, do you want to request a picture of them?

EDIT: Page 2 will be up later on (can't wait to get to the page with the awesome hack n slash) This genre for this season is actually focused more on action and adventure then magical girl.

Oh, I remember this one! The page looks funny with typed letters instead of written ones, which I'm used to, but it makes it easier to read.

second page. When someone thinks something, I'll put it in brackets. If anyone is confused or has questions then please ask. Do people mind about the way I format this? I do my manga's in four sections and do picture sequences instead of skipping to something else.

Edit: mise well do the third page since it's not that coversational or actiony yet ^_^"

lol yah it is pretty funny ^_^ well here's one more for today. I think after this it get's more actional. Ummmmm... how does everyone think of it so far? For people who don't know the person that got pulled into the glass is called apollo and the other guy is called trevor.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm a bit confused myself. What do you mean 'what happened to the hallway?' ^^;

I understand why you opted to use typed text verses written, but written would feel more natural for a manga. The way the typed text is displayed just seems a little... odd, to say the least.

Cute art, though. Keep 'em coming ^^

Do you mean like human writing? If you mean that then it would be hard to read? wouldn't it? and about the hallway thing, well when they came in the castle they were walking in a hallway lol I can understand why you'd be confused though. It's because I just assumed others would know what I meant sorry.

I guess typed is better, considering your writing can be hard to read, Alex.

I remembered another character you should talk about.
Chibichi! (He is from Mystic Rangers, right?)

Oh I get what you mean Linky yah your right it does but my writing sucks soo bad ^_^" For the hallway thing, the room changed. lol years of practice chramander ( I don't think my drawings are that great to be honest) page 3 and 4. The reason Trevor can transform into a centaur is becuase he (and apollo) both figure out they have mystic parents, when Echidna revearsed the world so mystics were humans and humans were mystics, their mystic DNA took affect) Sorry for the swear word too but with Trevors attitude and age, I couldn't resolve to anything else

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
He turned into a centaur! O___O

O.o

o.O

Oh... right. You stated that above, and the whole mystics being half human half animal thing XD

*Pokes you for more*

last one for tonight until avalon's hack n slash tomorrow.

Edit: sorry for thy's double post. Pages uh........ *cheacks* pages 6,7, and 8

k sorry for the long gap of nothing (thus with christmas and spending a week ay my nana's plus a giant book project and french project due *winces*) I just wanna let people who have been following this to know that, later this week I'll be starting up again and I have three announcements to announce. First this manga will be finishing up (don't worry I won't cut it off >>) as that is happening I'm going to be posting a new story concept for a manga that I've been working on for weeks and I'm going to show you all the main characters (which will be in colour and shaded) and the synopsis behind it. I'll give a little bit away this story will be catergorized as Shounen/action (a first for me ;D so I'm kinda excited to see how it all works out and yes Linky there will be lots of MALE characters in this one) and last I'll be posting the SMASH BASH manga where I pits anime characters against each other and give them funny personalities. So that's what's on the agenda follks, just wanted to give peoples a heads up.

So Here is the shonen manga story and characters I was talking about. Ok The main character (the one closes to the front ) his name is Ryuuchi. Ryuuchi is good at practically everything! his grades are good, He's captain of his school's kendo team, and he rocks in sports! yet he feels like he isn't doing his very best... or is it something else he's missing in his life... Hikari (The blond girl) longs for being accepted into a popular group and finding true love. She loves reading manga's and novels a like... is love what she is truly needs? Kibou (green haired guy) is a loner at school and took up smoking cigarettes. His father left him and his mother when he was a little boy. They live in a poor area and life is hard, so Kibou is responsible for taking care of his mother... Is his in dependency really the best answer. The first manga is actually all most done ;D there's going to be three in the first serise and three in the second, making a total of six (actually seven cause of the final)

Hmm...overall, I think your manga is pretty okay. Because it's done in pencil, sometimes it's a little too light / hard to see, but the art is really good. The story is intriguing, and so are the characters.

Meh, the only real complaint I have is the text. ^_^;; Sometimes it suffers with grammar and (less often) spelling. Ya might want to type up a script in Word, or something, and edit it first before putting it in the page.

Example from the most recent page:

It reads: *pants* Ok I cut you twice now you have to tell me two secrets like your species promise

My suggestion: Okay, I cut you twice! Now you have to tell me two secrets, like your species promises! (And insert some PANT PANT things around as sound effects instead of in between asterisks.)

It reads: hehe...ok first echidna plans to soon enslave the mystic and human race and bring them to a faraway planet where she will rule

My suggestion: Hehehehe...okay. First, Echidna plans to enslave the mystic and human races, then bring them to a faraway planet where she will rule over them.

I tried to stay as close to the original as possible there. Having proofreaders with your scripts can be really helpful for making a good comic (I should know)!

Hmm...overall, I think your manga is pretty okay. Because it's done in pencil, sometimes it's a little too light / hard to see, but the art is really good. The story is intriguing, and so are the characters.

Meh, the only real complaint I have is the text. ^_^;; Sometimes it suffers with grammar and (less often) spelling. Ya might want to type up a script in Word, or something, and edit it first before putting it in the page.

Example from the most recent page:

It reads: *pants* Ok I cut you twice now you have to tell me two secrets like your species promise

My suggestion: Okay, I cut you twice! Now you have to tell me two secrets, like your species promises! (And insert some PANT PANT things around as sound effects instead of in between asterisks.)

It reads: hehe...ok first echidna plans to soon enslave the mystic and human race and bring them to a faraway planet where she will rule

My suggestion: Hehehehe...okay. First, Echidna plans to enslave the mystic and human races, then bring them to a faraway planet where she will rule over them.

I tried to stay as close to the original as possible there. Having proofreaders with your scripts can be really helpful for making a good comic (I should know)!

Thanks persian I'll keep that in mind for my shonen story one because I actually love writing scripts for things (believe it or not) and I got a good mark in english for doing one.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
What Persian said. It's helpful to have someone else proofread your work because, even if you are great at grammar, you may still repeatedly miss the same mistakes that others might notice. If you ever needed someone to look over a script for you, I'd be willing to help out. I'm sure you known other people IRL who'd be better suited for the job, but I wanted to put the offer out there anyways :)

And I'm looking forward to seeing this Shonen manga of yours. Ryuuchi is the blue-haired dude, eh? Blue hair = extra points ^_~

This is just a little comic series until I release the first two volumes of the shonen manga. The first volume in the shonen manga is almost done and, the second has already been started! I'm going to make this one really good! by making really good art work, revising art for touch ups, looking at my manga's I own for good art effects in different situations (and researching on the effects aswell), writing a script, having my two friends (who are great at grammer and writing awesome storys!) to edit it, and adding some other minor things to make it feel more mangaish. So yah I'm really going to put A LOT of effort into this so, it might be a while. Anyway, this is just a hilarious comedy of anime characters in a game show and if their points decrease they die and, thier show get's cancelled! XD It's hosted by Chibi Chi the bad ass, mean cute side kick in Mystic Ranger. You'll figure out how the game works through out the series. I did this In last spring so, don't expect the art to be awesome. It's just a fun little thing to past the time till THE SHONEN MANGA comes. The first volume has contestants: Kagome from Inuyasha, Sakura from Naruto and Sora from Kaliedo star. The second volume has Naga from Slayers, Chio chan from Azumanga Daioh, and Susey from Zatchbell.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh. In this case, the question isn't who'll win, it's who'll die first? XD

Second page (I love Sora's spaz out XD) OH by the way, when they lose all thier points they fall through a trap door below them and, get killed by either Bowser, Naraku (from Inuyasha) or, Satan XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
ROFL! I knew it XD

Nice Bowser btw. Got anymore of these to go around? ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I haven't actually properly read this, will probably do so later in the weekend, but I just want to say that the Kitty cupping his crotch amuses me greatly.

I haven't actually properly read this, will probably do so later in the weekend, but I just want to say that the Kitty cupping his crotch amuses me greatly.

OMG lol, My friend said the exact same thing XD Anyway page four! Oh and since it's introduced on this page, When someone dies the contestants will know because, There's a skull sign where their points were XD

Sorry for the drought, been pretty busy lately... Anyway page four! Been also doing some work on the second manga of the shonen one (lol I still need a title for that) and I also figured out how the conclusion is going to be.

The reason I started drawing this would have to be to exploit sheimi's cutness and the pokedex's discription on porygon z. My Aruseus is teh ugliest thing XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yay for Sheimi! I love the little thing, but I will never stop thinking of it as the Chia-pet Pokemon ^^

One qualm with this, though, is your spelling and grammar. You're missing some caps, and spelled "exists" wrong. Also said "it's never been seen with human eyes" when it should've just been "its". And "looks like your tired" instead of "you're".

Sorry! I don't want to seem mean here. Just some stuff to keep in mind which would make your comic even better ^^;

lol oopps. I'm sorta stressing with studying for exams so, I guess I should've waited to print it out later >>. I'll keep that in mind for the other pages ^_^ which hmmm I don't know if I'll be on for awhile so, I'll probably post them later. I will also repost the first page with the actual proper text like I intended ^_^" sowwy.