• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Munchlax...

Okay, the 'Charms dex says Munchlax is found in the Honey Tree outside of the Power Plant. Is that the Fuego Ironworks or the Vally Windworks? If so, would this be a good moveset for the future?

[move]Munchlax[/move]
Thick Fat/ Pickup
Normal
Chople Berry
Body Slam
Stockpile
Facade
Recycle

NOTICE: I will not evolve my wittle Munchlax. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Actually, I think Munchlax can be found at any tree, it's just extremely rare to find. (And I think it means the Valley Windworks)

Thick Fat is the ability you need, seeing as it will halve fire and ice attacks.
Chople berries only work once. Try finding something else if you can. Like leftovers may be found on wild Munchlax... if you're lucky.
The movest is just... meh. It needs work. One normal attack is enough, what if you go against a ghost type and you can't hit it at all? Throw Psychic in there to take out any fighting types, water pulse or surf to counter rock types. And a fire or fighting attack to take care of steel types (seeing as the last two aren't SE, but they halve damage by normal moves.)

I would recomend evolving it into Snorlax ASAP by maxxing out it's friendship. Then you can get a much better move pool.

But, Munchlax and Snorlax seem to have low Sp. Attack. Here, I'll try again...

Snorlax
Thick Fat
Leftovers
Body Slam
Crunch (perfect for Psychs)
Psychic
Stockpile

How's that?

In the Japanese version, the Fuego Ironworks is called the Power Plant, so go there.

You could just wait to transfer a Snorlax and breed it.

But, Munchlax and Snorlax seem to have low Sp. Attack. Here, I'll try again...

Snorlax
Thick Fat
Leftovers
Body Slam
Crunch (perfect for Psychs)
Psychic
Stockpile

How's that?

No to psychic,you were right.His special attack doesnt warrant it.Keep crunch since its darkness physical will kill ghosts better than psychic ever would.the last slot is all yours.I would like to go against the suggestion of leftovers btw,since he's a preevolution i don't know how long he'd live against the evolved types,and the healing from leftovers is pretty insignificant as is.

You could consider the heal or attack based on stockpile,or perhaps breed curse onto a munchlax if possible if u want some more defense (and attack,to add).He's slow so the -speed is hardly noticable

also Dragon u should read the fact he said he would not evolve his munchlax ;/

Just a few problem's to point out...

MUNCHLAX CANNOT LEARN CRUNCH. The only dark move it can learn that deals damage is fling (level up), or pursuit (breeding). If you use fling, make sure to attach an iron ball or a fossil.
Psychic is good. But I just saw that it can also learn Zen Headbutt through breeding.
Stockpile ain't gonna do you much good in my opinion. Brick Break or Rock Smash to take care of those pesky steel, rock and other types.

I would reccomend breeding a Munchlax instead of catching one in the wild. You can breed it until it gets thick fat as an ability, and gives it a better move pool with the additon of Zen Headbutt, which is really upped by the attack stat. However it's your call.

Suggested Moveset
Ability: Thick Fat
Item: Iron Ball
Body Slam/Recycle (Seeing as this will help with fling)
Fling (150 damage from the iron ball)
Zen Headbutt
Brick Break/Rock Smash

Suggested Moveset
Ability: Thick Fat
Item: Iron Ball
Body Slam/Recycle (Seeing as this will help with fling)
Fling (150 damage from the iron ball)
Zen Headbutt
Brick Break/Rock Smash
I guess that would work...

I will evolve it IF my team would benefit from it. If so, I will use this moveset. It's awesome.

If I do evolve, this will be the moveset:

Snorlax
Iron Ball
Thick Fat/Pickup (again:I want it BEFORE the elite four)
Fling
Recycle
Zen Headbutt I don't wanna breed... So Crunch
Facade/Body Slam (love that move and I hate status inflictions)