• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mudskipper's Sprites and Fusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so I've finally got Photoshop, so now I can make sprites and pokemon fusions!
The first three pages have only attachments, and the fourth page onward has actual URLs for the sprites. XD

Right now I've only got two things to show: an Unown cosplayer and an Aipom/Unown fusion. I used Unown because, well, it's easy to do. :) I'm also working on a Pichu/Minun fusion.
Please comment, and leave honest opinions. I want to know how I can improve. :)

I'll do requests, 4 at a time, but please no overworlds or mugshots. Unless you want me to show you how crappy mine are. :p
1. Plusle/Ralts & Minun/Ralts fusions v 2.0
2. Pichu/Ralts fusion v 2.0

[attachment deleted by admin]

if you want the truth, these really arent that good, considering that the body of the unown cosplayer is only 1 color, without any shading, as well as how the eye of unown was put on aipom...i mean, you have a good idea of how to put them together, its just not executed well

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Try something simple at first, like just use the original/ bases's kinda shading outline as a start. And just use already existing colors on the Pokemon. Take this little critter for an example:

1-172-3.png
just because shiny is easier to see the shading in my oppinion.

Anyways, this thing called a "shiny Pichu" has shading. First of all, determine your light source. This guy's is somewhere in the upper left.

Next, see the colors. Not just "oh, it's yellow", but the different shades of yellow. It's right ear looks darker than its left ear, but only slightly. Also, some parts that naturally protrude out (like its belly) get brighter at some point.

Okay, I'm not the best person to teach how to shade, but basically, just use existing colors on already-made Pokemon and Trainer sprites, then after some copy-paste onto your new creation, just recolor it to your liking. That's what I did when I first started spriting.

If you have more questions, PM me or some other good spriters, like King of Rhinos, Sami/Spriteon, Tama/Snapdragon, etc.

EDIT: It might be easier to start spriting on Paint, just because you can do something called "click on the magnifying glass icon and choose 6x or 8x to get a better view of the picture you're trying to make"

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright. So I'm working on shading the Unown cosplayer and my Aipom/Unown fusion. So here are two more trainers: an attempt at young Flint and a Christmas Fantina. (Yes, I know Fantina's just a recolor. I'm not that good yet, OK?)

I know these aren't great, but are they any better?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Still need to work on shading, and I see specks of purple on Fantina here and there.

And I don't know what flint looks like (as I haven't gone to the E4 yet), so I can't really comment of young Flint.

I can't really cover up Lucas's hat, I end up putting the hair into his eyes every time and he looks weird. And I can't use Paint, I have a Mac.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Then try using old copy-paste. Copy some of Flint's hair and then put it onto the hat. Or try scratching the hair on that little part.

More stuff. I hope these are better. Here's description on each, in the order they're attached.

1)So, if Byron ever decides to work with a Chimchar...
Yeah, this thing has altered color. It got shoveled dirt on and it's still very dirty. :p

2)This is what happens when Pikachu decide they're sick of black...

3)What happens if you use a Thunderstone on Pichu? This.

I'm fixing up young Flint, but my computer is saving it as a BMP file, which I can't attach. :( He'll be up soon.

So...are these OK?

i really like the third one, though i am wondering, is there a basic eraser on photoshop? if there isnt, then i guess its not that noticable, but it is still the cutest pichu fusion ive ever seen

Thanks. Glad you like it. ;D

And no there isn't a basic eraser. It's a big honkin' thing. (At least if you zoom in)

Thanks. Glad you like it. ;D

And no there isn't a basic eraser. It's a big honkin' thing. (At least if you zoom in)

You should be able to change the eraser's size, I think. I might have a different version from yours, but on mine when I equip the eraser, a pull-down menu with a black dot on it appears below the menu bar, and from there I can change the size and shape to some extent. Sometimes I just use the polygonal lasso tool (click and hold on the lasso tool, then select polygonal lasso) to erase with, too.

No, I can't change the eraser's size. Makes it a bit hard to edit. :p

But, anyway, I've shaded Fantina (she still looks bad, though) and fixed the Pichu fusion. Here they are.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
The Pichu's ears look weird. I think it's because the one that's partially showing is a bit long.

And Fantina has some sort of blur on one of her... hair thingies. I can tell you really tried to shade, and I know with Photoshop it's kinda hard, but the shading is only noticable near the end of the dress (or to me, at least). Keep trying until you master it!

And seeing that you did everything with photoshop (not good ol' paint, which is, in my opinion, easier to use), you sprites are actually pretty good!

EDIT: And now that I look at it even more... there's, like, no line to show where her foot begins.

I agree with S_E, where's the foot? But I swear that is the cutest Pichu fusin thingee I've ever seen. Do you have a name for it?

Raipichu. Cute name, but as I look closer at the second Raipichu I notice that it sort of has a flat head at the top.

Yes. I only just now realized that, too. :p I will be fixing that. Just as I fixed young Flint--an attachment--but he looks horrible now. :(

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Better, but i can still see the hat.

And Rapichu is a CUTE NAME!!!!!!! *dies because of overexcess of cuteness*

Ooooookay....

Anyway, here are some more sprites.

1)Christmas Candice that isn't very good. Could someone tell me how to make this better? Thanks.

2)Turtwig recolor, with Chimchar's colors.

3)I like this one the most. A Chimchar wrapped in a few wreaths.

No comments? Here's more.

1)A custom sprite. Based on me. Her dress is Celebi's colors, though.

2)MewRai. (Mew and Darkrai.)

3)This guy came in while I was spriting and fell in my green mints. XD I think this one is the best.

But what do you guys think? Are these OK?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
The Pikachu's shading is the best. But the orange looks a bit flat to me. I really like your sprites! Keep spriting!

I'll have to agree with S_E on the orange shading. It does look flat. Anywho, I can tell you're getting better at this. Keep up the work. And the Pichu fusion is so cool.

Too bad you're banned, Neon Bobcat, or I could thank you.

But anyway...I need some help here with this first sprite here. My Mint Green Raichu's having babies. Help.

2)Ooooh...shiny. Actually, shiny Ditto cosplayer.

Hope you like them.

Hm. Apparently they are not a hit. I hope these are good.

1)Chim-oh. The left wing doesn't look too good, I scratched most of it because Ho-oh's head gets in the way of the wing.

2)Snorlax cosplayer.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Can you work on the cosplayers a bit so that the bases aren't as obvious? I mean, all I can really see for the Snorlax cos is its little cap... everything else is just a recolored Gardena/Gardenia/whatever her name was. Same with the Ditto cos: only a Ditto cap. It'll only be a mere Pokemon fan if he/she is only wearing a cap, unless you add extra stuff, like, I dunno, tails, fluff; you know, all those extra things. And for the Ditto cosplayer, I suggest you get rid of the bag that the little girl is holding.

And I think you should fix the wings of Chim-oh so that it doesn't look like part of it was cut of. As for your Pichu... swap the orange and white around, and then it'll look a bit better. I think.

Sorry if I didn't complement at all, but I really think that those places should be fixed.

It's okay, I'm fixing them now, but they're kind of hard for me. Here's more, I hope they're good.

1)Shinx cosplayer. EDIT: Eek...just noticed there's white around it. I'll fix that...

2)Yum...chocolate Ditto.

3)A boy in my class. That's a newspaper in his hand in case you can't tell. I think this one came out the best. :D

Awwww... I love the Shinx cosplayer! So cute! But if you ask me, the chocolate Ditto looks more like caramel.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Here's Lucas and his Chimchar, all dressed up for Christmas.

Thanks. :)

Well, I tried putting a message in my sprite. Hopefully you can read what it says. I just wanted it to be more than a recolor.

i think we all can read it! but you should make it more 'un-religious'. It says 'Merry Christmas' and some people do not celebrate Christmas like Atheists and Jewish People. (I am not trying to sound racist). I would change the 'Merry Christmas" to something like 'Happy Holidays'.

i think we all can read it! but you should make it more 'un-religious'. It says 'Merry Christmas' and some people do not celebrate Christmas like Atheists and Jewish People. (I am not trying to sound racist). I would change the 'Merry Christmas" to something like 'Happy Holidays'.

I'm working on one saying 'Happy Holidays' as I type.

[quote author=Flame Haji link=topic=3099.msg41440#msg41440 date=1198292218]
it looks great you got holiday spirit
[/quote]
Thank you. :)

Nice Christmas Ivysaur. Reminds me of a poinsettia, except a poinsettia has red (and green) leaves, while the actual petals are yellow. Allow me to follow up that buzz kill with a request: Can you do a Christmas Snover/Abomasnow? (I can't be the only one who believes they resemble evergreen trees...)

Status
Not open for further replies.