• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mr.RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Mr.RMA slunk back in his seat as the bus drove through the darkness, any attempts to get any rest shattered by the sudden bumps the vehicle hit as it sped down the rural trail. He had taken this commune for what seemed like hours, and from what he was going through at this point, the human hoped that the town would be as good as he had expected. He was dressed in his best, to appear presentable to the present villagers, which consisted of a black jacket, black satin shirt, black slacks, and a white tie. (Black wasn't a statement or anything, just the only formal attire he had) He also had a black trilby covering his head, which seemed a bit much, but he figured it couldn't hurt.
As the bus hit several more bumps, nearly causing RMA to slip out of his seat, the vehicle finally came to a stop, causing the human to sigh in relief. He had finally made it to Charming Town, the place where he could start anew. A fresh start, a new life, all that other stuff. Walking out the door, his fairly large suitcase lagging behind him. It was still quite dark out, so he wasn't able to get a good glimpse of what this town looked like, the darkness shading everything ahead of him. Shrugging, he simply started walking forward, hoping he would be able to track down just where he was supposed to start out. After a few steps, he soon realized this was a bad choice however, as he gradually realized he was starting to get himself lost. Not a good way to make any first impressions, but that was the least of his problems, he was completely unaware of where he was headed. The bus driver had said something about a post office where he should go first, but where that was, he had no idea. Still trudging along, RMA suddenly felt something wet soaking his shoes. Looking down, he realized that in his confusion, he had somehow walked straight into a lakeshore. His shoes were completely drenched, and so were his feet. "..Perfect. Just perfect..." He grumbled to himself, getting back onto dry land, noticing a large building a small distance away. Squinting his eyes, he saw something that appeared to take the form of a post office. "Well, at least I found what I was looking for..." He murmured, slowly moving towards the building, a small limp in his step from his fatigue. Judging by how things were going at the moment, his new life didn't seem to be heading off to a good start. Unfortunately for him, it was soon about to get a whole lot worse, as he tripped over a large stone on the path, causing him to fall, slamming his head against the ground, knocking him out.
(Sorry for the edit. Just remembered I won't be able to post for a certain period of time, so I'm gonna have to be unconscious until later today)

Mr.RMA

7:38 PM.

RMA opened his eyes groggily, rubbing the welt that had appeared on his forehead after his little incident. Noticing it was much brighter out, he took a look at his wrist watch. When he noticed he had been out for nearly twelve hours, he started panicking. "Oh crap! I'm really late, I gotta move!" He said to himself, bolting in the direction of the post office

Mr.RMA

Re: Welcome to town!

Ooc: Yeah, that confused me as well. This looks to be a good resolution to that problem. Hopefully Sem thinks the same

BiC: 7:54

RMA burst through the post office doors, gasping for breath as he leaned forward against the table in front of him. Gaining his bearings, he looked up to see a Pelipper eying him strangely. Straightening up his hat, he raised a hand up in greeting. "Uh, hi. I'm supposed to be one of the new people in town." He said, getting a glare in reply. "You were supposed to show up hours ago..." She grumbled looking through his papers. "I know, I sorta lost my footing getting here, and well then-" "I don't want to hear it. Just take this and give it to Nick. Leave now and he might just forgive you." She said, motioning him to get out. "Right, right, thanks" RMA said, turning and running towards the store, hearing the Pelipper mutter "Stupid humans" On his way out

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.RMA

8:06

RMA sprinted through the obsolete fields, rushing to get to Nick's store, which he quickly identified by the small building close by.
"Damn, this day is not going well at all...Why does everything bad seem to happen to me right when things appear to be looking up?"
Picking up the pace, and laboring his breathing, he ran straight in the direction of the store

Mr.RMA

Re: Don Nick's Part Time Helpers

8:11 PM

RMA ran into the store, once again breathing heavily like he had back at the post office. This time, he looked up to see a zigzagoon in front of him, and a rather impatient looking one at that. "My my, so you decided to show up after all? For a while I thought you had turned tail and left when you realized you were the only human here."

"Wait...I'm WHAT?"

"Oops, forget I said that last part. Anyways, I assume you're here to discuss the plans for that house on the cliff as we had discussed by letter earlier. (OoC: Excuse for forgetting to find the house first...please don't kill me!) BiC: "Yeah. You've still got it for me right?" RMA asked anxiously. "Well of course! I wouldn't dream of backing out on my clients just because they showed up a little late, or very late in your case, but I digress. Let's just cut to the chase shall we?" Nick said.

"Yeah, sure. You know, you never told me the price of the house in your letters. Mind if I ask the price?" RMA asked, knowing it didn't matter so much as he didn't have a single bell to his name anyways.

"Oh yes, of course. The cost of that house is a simple 18,000 bells. Quite a bargain yes?"

"Uh..no..not really. I'm sort of broke at the moment..." RMA answered back, looking down as he said this.

"Hmm...I see...well then, I can still give you the house, on one exception."

RMA's spirits rose as he heard this. "Really? That's great! What do I have to do?"

"Just work part-time for me, and then you shouldn't have much more to pay off." Nick answered, handing the human a green uniform. "Now, just put that on and you can start off on your first job. I'd like you to get to know everyone here in the town, that way you can make yourself feel more at home here. We've actually received another guest just a few hours ago, so you should say hello to him as well."

"Sure thing! I'll get right to that. Thanks a lot Mr. Nick!" RMA said, starting to head out.

"Now hold on! Do you even have a map of the place? You should probably stop by the town gate and get one so you know where you're going." Nick suggested.

"Oh, right, alright." RMA said, waving good-bye as he left, moving in a slower pace as he made it outside

Mr.RMA

8:32 PM

Slowing his jog down to a walking speed, as he couldn't run much more, RMA looked around the area as he made his way towards the gate. The place was in pretty bad shape from his point of view, nothing like he had hoped for, but it was still better than living with his parents in that clustered up shack he used to call home. He saw a few homes nearby as he walked, and they didn't seem to be claimed yet. It seemed the town had expected quite a few newcomers in the future. His thoughts left him however as the gate came into view

Mr.RMA

Re: The Mapmakers

8:45 PM

RMA strode towards the gate, immediately getting noticed by the Arcanine standing guard. "So, you're the human that just arrived? I must say you're here later than I expected." The large dog said to him in what the human assumed to be a greeting.

"Yeah, you're not the first to say that..." RMA grumbled. Feeling the bruise on his head.

"Well, that matter aside, I should get around to introducing the two of us. I'm the Sheriff of this fine town, and that guy over there is Officer Popo." He said, directing towards the Growlith who had dozed off, waking up with a jolt at the mention of his name and looking around in confusion. The Arcanine paid little mind to this, focusing his attention back on the newcomer. "Anyways, I'm guessing you're here for a map?" the Arcanine said.

"That's right." RMA answered.

"Thought so. Alright, here you go" He said, taking out a map and offering it.

"Thanks" RMA replied, turning to walk out. "Pleasure meeting you, Sheriff." He said.

"Likewise" The Arcanine replied, watching as the human exited the gate, reading his map as he went back outside.

Mr.RMA

9:01
"Alright, so the two people already here are named Sem and Chadwyck...and then there's the other guy who just showed up, wherever the hell he is. Guess I should start the greetings now" RMA said, putting his uniform on over his shirt. The fabric of the green shirt wasn't very pleasant to feel. Then again, it seemed to fit perfectly with the ugly shade of green, so it was only rational that it wouldn't be all that comfortable either. Still looking over the map, he noticed his house, the one with the white roof on it, looming over the cliffs a distance away. He looked at the small speck sitting upon the cliff in disgust. How could that dinky shack be considered a legal living space? And for 18,000 bells?! "Dammit...that zigzagoon conned me..." He muttered to himself, clutching his fists in annoyance.

Mr.RMA

9:18

RMA remained standing still, steaming at the mistake he had made in trusting that scam-artist when another bus came around, dropping off what appeared to be another newcomer, an Oshawott. He considered saying hello, but decided against it. He was too exhausted to get acquainted with anyone here, so he decided to just turn it in for the night and head home to his newly acquired crap shack. "That scumbag can be patient. It's not like I'm gonna pay him off completely any time soon anyways." He muttered, walking towards the white roofed house.

After a few moments, he made it to the minuscule building, shutting himself in and moving up to the just as small attic. Taking off the piece-of-crap uniform, he laid down on his bed, looking at the ceiling above him. "What the hell did I get myself into?" He muttered

Mr.RMA

7:50 AM

RMA sat on top of his bed, groggily listening to some old big-band music on his music player. He didn't sleep a wink that night. When he had reached his home, he had only been thinking on how stupid he must have sounded to these townspeople, something that kept him from sleeping soundly for quite some time. Even when he tried to relax and forget about that, he was still rudely awakened by a loud, echoing cry from who-knows-where, and after that, it was pointless. He didn't feel good at all about this new life of his, and he was seriously starting to reconsider the decision to stay. He rubbed at his temples as the song ended, staring at the stairway in front of him. He would have to face them all again sooner or later, and if he didn't, their depictions of him as some strange, awkward sack of flesh would be all the more accurate. Still, he wasn't going to try anything at the moment, he was far too tired. "I'll try it later...right now I just gotta get some sleep..." He murmured to himself, laying down once more and closing his eyes. Whether this choice of towns was a mistake or not, he was going to have to live with it somehow.

Mr.RMA

3:54 pm

As the hours dragged on, RMA finally decided to get out of bed and do something. He wasn't quite ready to get back to "Work", but he still couldn't just sit on his ass and do nothing. He realized he hadn't unpacked yet, so that seemed to be the best course of action. Taking his suitcase downstairs, he unhooked it and took out a clover inside, throwing it on the ground as it materialized into its original form: a small turntable. The human had been training in the art of disc jockeying on his free time, though he wouldn't be able to use any of that skill until he could find a way to afford an amplifier. Still, it was the only thing in his possession that was remotely important to him that he could bring along with him. Placing the device to the side of the room, he looked back in his suitcase and threw all the rest of the items, simply various pieces of clothing, in a small pile. He would have to find a way to afford a dresser as well...

Mr.RMA

11:36 PM

The door. A simple, cheaply made, brown slab of wood. The one thing keeping RMA away from everyone else in this town. For nearly eight hours, he had put off the inevitable as he constantly procrastinated, doing whatever he could as an excuse not to leave the small abode.

"Hmm..I really should sort these clothes out by color... is that a scratch? I'd better try buffing that out...blue/red/green? or red/green/blue?...Herp-a-derp. What a funny phrase...

Finally, he had run out of excuses, and he knew it was best he go back out there and get his part time slave labor over with.
"Anyways, as long as I don't say anything, I shouldn't be a bother to anyone..."
He convinced himself, changing into his uniform, then slowly turning the knob and opening the door, walking out into the dark outdoors, a setting he was actually more used to here than in the day. Straightening up his trilby, the human started walking towards town hall. He still had to see the mayor before his first job was finished.

Mr.RMA

12:06 PM

RMA walked into the shop, only then realizing how soaked he was from the rain outside. Shaking his arms to get some of the water off of him, then doing the same with his trilby, he walked up to the front desk, noticing that the Zigzagoon that had conned him earlier had been replaced by a Sneasel, who gave him a confusing look, much like the other villagers from the night before, before noticing the drenched uniform the human had on him. "Ah, you must be another newcomer. I don't believe we've met before" The Sneasel said in a cheerful tone. "No, I don't believe we have. Name's Mr.RMA" RMA replied, holding out a hand to shake, in which the Sneasel happily complied, though he made sure not to impale the human with his claws. "I'm Stocker. I run the store at night. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr.RMA" Looker looked RMA over for a second, most likely just as confused about the man's species as the others, before continuing. "So I'm assuming you just finished introducing yourself to the townsfolk around here?"

"Yeah, at least, the ones that were around when I showed up. Any of the others will probably just be lead over to me anyways."

"Most likely. Well then, I will inform Mr.Nick of this right away. He'll probably have another job for you tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then."

"I will. Thank you." RMA said, nodding thankfully. He looked around the shop for a bit, noticing the Oshawott he saw at the bus stop before, most likely doing part-time work as well. Unsure if the small water type noticed him or not, RMA tipped his hat towards him in greetings before turning to leave.

Mr.RMA

12:42 PM

RMA walked tiredly towards his house beneath the cliff side (OoC: Gotta edit earlier description) BiC: Opening the door and walking up towards his bed once more. It seemed all he had really done in this town, besides an unpleasant visit or two, was sleep. It was his way out of the troublesome situation he felt he had gotten himself in. Until he gained some vi of confidence, he most likely remain like this for quite some time, at least, until the other newcomers showed up at his front door, in which he would have to gain some guts to talk to them...he wasn't looking forward to that.

Mr.RMA

1:30 PM

RMA stood facing his bed, completely still. He had planned to simply fall asleep and let another day go by, but he had stopped for some reason, and he soon realized why: By coming here, he had, so far, failed to achieve what he had hoped to get after leaving his hometown, the chance to be one of the herd, someone who was actually likable, and sociable. Instead, all he was was an outcast, and it seemed he was doomed to be one no matter where he went. "What's the point in trying anymore..I guess I should accept it and just make due with what I've got..." He murmured, moving towards the bed and once again laying down, looking up at the darkened ceiling above him with watered eyes, something he rarely ever had. He hated this consistent loneliness he had been going through for most of his life, and he would do anything he could to change it, to be accepted in some way, by anyone.

Mr.RMA

7:40 AM

RMA's eyes slowly opened, awakening from the first sleep he actually got in this town. Sure, it was only around four hours worth, but at least it was something. Getting out of his bed, RMA went downstairs, changing back into his uniform. Leaving his hat behind this time, letting his short brown hair stick out a little, the human opened the door and gazed out at the town in the early morning. It was quite the beautiful sight, and it was enough to make the nearly-baron landscape look somewhat presentable. As the cool air brushed up against his face, he pondered over what that scam-artist Nick would make him do once he went back to his shop. Forcing him to introduce himself to every person in town, at least every person here when he showed up, was bad enough, but somehow RMA had a feeling that wasn't going to be the worst of it. Also, to top it off, all the other villagers would show up to introduce themselves to him at some point in time, and they'd all most likely ask him the same damn question every time: "So what are you supposed to be?"
It seemed so strange having to answer what seemed like such a simple question, but then again, Nick did say he was the only human here, so it made logical sense that most of the villagers didn't even know what his kind looked like.

The morning air started to become a little too chilling to him, and the drenched uniform wasn't exactly warm either, so he decided to go back inside and go out later. Walking up to his turntable, moving the records back and forth, he imagined the music playing in the background, the cheering people in the crowd, the shouting of his name over and over once he finished. He still had that dream to hold on to, and he hoped for it to become a possibility someday.

Mr.RMA

12:16 PM

For the last two days, RMA had remained in his home, looking over the very little space he had. He was still hesitant to get back outside and get his part-time work over with, but he knew he would have to at some point, and the best time seemed like today. Walking out with his uniform, he looked up at the bright, sunny sky, working up a small smile as he started heading towards the Pick 'n Nick. Even if he had to work for that hack, he could still try to keep up a positive attitude. He straightened out the front flap of his hat as the store came into view

Mr.RMA

RMA's smile completely faded as he walked into the shop, his face becoming much more stern, trying not to scowl. He still hated this shopkeeper's guts, but he couldn't let that get in the way of his work. Nick spotted him from the front desk, quickly moving up to greet him.

"Well, it's good to finally see you again." He said. RMA just shrugged in reply. "Anyways, I've been informed that you finished your first job. That's good, now we can move on to your next." Nick continued, reaching into his pockets and taking out a clover, handing it to the human.

"Chadwyck ordered that Regal Clock. I'd like you to deliver it to him." He explained. RMA nodded, though in his head, he was screaming in anger. Another social job? Was this all this scam-artist was going to give him?! It bugged him, but he knew there was no way around it. Pocketing the Regal Clock, he turned and left the shop, shaking his head in dismay as he opened the door.

Mr.RMA

2:02

As RMA was walking in the direction towards Chad's house, he noticed someone else walking towards the gate. The linoone from before, Rex he remembered him being called, was walking in the opposite direction of the human. He knew better than to approach him this time though, after that nice little first impression a few nights before. He didn't want to end the day with scratch marks all over him, or worse.

Taking another look at his map, he saw that Chad's house was straight forward, though it would probably take him some time to get there, what with it being on the other side of town. He wasn't upset about having to walk some more though, seeing as he really didn't have anything else to do. As he made his way, he stopped at the notice of several orange trees surrounding the area. "Hmm..these guys look pretty ripe. I could sell 'em to Nick for a pretty penny." RMA said to himself, proceeding to shake at the trees, picking up a total of 12 oranges before continuing towards his original destination.

4:57

After taking his sweet time, and looking out into the sea for an hour or two, RMA finally made it to Chad's house. He was about the knock at the door when he stopped. For some reason, he felt this was in some way a bad idea. He still wasn't at all known by this guy, seeing as they only met once...at night...so it would probably seem a bit odd to already be knocking at his door and delivering something. At least, that was the human's ridiculous excuse to not do it. Instead, he decided putting it in the Umbreon's mailbox would be the better alternative, but there was a problem...he didn't have any stationary. "Well, maybe Nick wouldn't mind giving me some for the cause." He thought aloud, backing away from the door and proceeding to head back to the shop from the other side of town.

Mr.RMA

11:44 AM

RMA woke up to the sight of a clouded sky. Getting up, he realized he wasn't in his bed, but was actually outside, near the river. Confused for a second, he looked around for a moment before his memory finally came back to him: As he had been walking towards Nick's shop the day before, RMA had, for some reason, found the urge to simply lay down on the grass and relax, at least once. He must've rested longer than he had thought he would. He saw Nick's shop close by, so he decided to just finish what he started and head back towards the store.

Mr.RMA

12:01 PM

RMA walked into the store, Nick once again approaching him as soon as he entered. "So, did you deliver the clock?" He asked, not so much as even a slight greeting.

"Uh, no. The customer...wasn't in a convenient position to accept the product." RMA replied, though he wasn't sure just what he had just said, and from his look, neither did Nick. "Anyways, I think it would be easier to simply deliver it to him."

"Sounds good. I assume you came here for some stationary?"

"Yes sir. How much more do I owe you?"

"Don't worry about that. This is part of your work anyways, so you don't owe me any more than you already do. Just make sure it gets to him."

RMA nodded in reply, taking the stationary handed to him and heading back out, though this time towards the post office.

Mr.RMA

Re: Post Office

12:12 PM

RMA walked into the post office, happy to see he finally showed up at the time the nicer Pelipper's shift was going on. "Afternoon. I need to send a letter to Chadwyck." He said, his voice sounding slightly monotone, still waking himself up. The pelipper smiled and handed him a pen. RMA took out the simple paper and started writing:

Chadwyck,
Here's the clock you ordered. I would've delivered it personally, but I got a little sidetracked, though I guess you could do without another visit from me anyways huh? Hopefully you're satisfied with your order, 'cause I don't see how one could be happy with anything else here.
Have a nice day,
Mr.RMA

It sounded like quite the pathetic letter, but it would do. Handing it over to the Pelipper, he quickly left the store and headed back home. He would get to another of Nick's jobs later, right now he just needed to make sure nothing had been tampered with back in his little crap-shack.

Mr.RMA

Midnight

Once again having a sleepless night, RMA decided to take another walk, though this time towards a different destination than before. (God forbid he ever go near that Linoone's house again) He went southward until he took notice of a large, whitish-grey building, most likely marble of some kind, with pillars supporting it. According to the map, this was the town's museum. Seeing nothing else to do at this time of night, (Except sleep, but that wasn't gonna happen) he decided to go inside.

12:18 AM

RMA was quick to walk out of the building. Well that was a waste of time...there wasn't anything interesting, or even remotely noticeable on display, that damn Hoothoot wouldn't shut up, and he didn't have any bells for a measly cup of coffee either. It seemed another boring night was about to unfold, and the only thing the human could even consider doing was go for another futile attempt at sleeping. 'Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky this time...' he thought to himself doubtfully as he made his way back home.

Mr.RMA

6:20 PM

RMA walked out of his house, still donning the disgusting uniform he was given by Nick as he prepared to head for the Zigzagoon's store. He stopped to take out a letter from his mailbox, one consisting of a bland advertisement for Nick's, courtesy of Rex. 'Well, that informs me what I'm gonna have to do soon...' he thought dreadfully, trashing the letter as he continued towards his destination. He had to get these odd jobs done with soon. He couldn't handle being slave labor for such a strange creature much longer. Shaking off the thought, the human continued walking until the store was in sight.

Mr.RMA

9:14 PM

After once again taking his sweet time, RMA didn't actually reach the store until night had already started to fall. As such, when he entered the store, he was greeted by Stocker.

"I see you're back for more work." The sneasel said, taking notice of the human's uniform.

"You bet. What do you have for me?" RMA asked, eager to get this mess over and done with.

"Well, you could start planting some flowers around here. Best you get that done before it starts raining in a few days."

"Got it, anything else?"

"You mean, you want more work?" Stocker asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. What else you got?" RMA asked eagerly.

"Uh...well...you could always mail letters to the others, or you could post an advertisement on the bulletin board."

"Alright, I'll do those as well." RMA said, grabbing a stack of papers and flowers off the desk and moving towards the door.

"Wait! How do you expect to do all that at once?" Stocker asked, surprised at this strange creature's enthusiasm.

"Obviously you don't know how us humans act. Stubbornly." RMA said, opening the door and heading out to start his work.

"Obviously I don't..." Stocker mumbled, scratching his head.

10:14 PM

RMA reentered the store, wiping the sweat off his brow.

"Finished..." He said, breathing heavily.

"Already?" Stocker replied in slight disbelief. "Well then, that's all the jobs I believe Mr.Nick has for you. You're free to go." He said. RMA let out a sigh of relief. Quickly changing into the blue t shirt he had with him for this occasion.

"Great. So...that paid off my mortgage?" He asked hopefully.

"Er..no. In fact, you've still got quite a ways to go. 18,400 bells to be specific." Stocker answered.

RMA would've had his eyes bulging, but he was too tired to react in any form to this. "Alright...I'll see what I can do to pay off the rest." He grumbled, wobbling a little from exhaustion.

"Take your time. Nick is pretty patient with these things. Just pay whatever you can when you can."

"Cool. Alright, thanks." With this, RMA staggered out of the store, his excitement of no longer being a damn slave to that scam artist the only thing keeping him on his feet.

Mr.RMA

9:52 PM

Outside the store, RMA quickly worked on the first of his last three jobs, planting the flowers around the area as fast as he could. After placing all the flowers around in no particular pattern, he picked himself up, wiping the dirt off his hands, then proceeding to run towards the billboard. Taking a pen out of his pocket, he sloppily wrote "Go to Nicks" on the board. Not very presentable, but he didn't really give a crap anymore. Once that was finished, he went towards the post office, already getting to work on the letters he was going to send. As he worked on the draft, he entered the post office.

Mr.RMA

Re: Post Office

10:07 PM

RMA burst through the doors, running up to the front desk as he slammed the letters down on the desk.

"Don't have time to bicker. Just send these please." He said to the annoyed Pelipper.

"Whatever. Just get out soon will ya?" She replied, tossing the letters back in a messy pile behind her.

Letter being sent to Sem, Rex, Chadwyck, Linkachu, Belle, and RX:
Pick 'n Nick. Just go there already, and save us another awkward conversation...

Mr.RMA

5:34 PM

RMA had been toying with his turntable for hours, wanting more than anything to play his familiar remixes again, just to hear something that made sense to him for once. Finally tiring of this, he decided to change back into his formal attire and see if anyone else was around. Putting on his black suit and his hat, he walked outside, rain droplets greeting him as he walked out. It wasn't exactly a great day, but rain wasn't exactly a bad thing in the human's book. It actually brought an essence of serenity to the area.

Mr.RMA

10:50 PM

RMA remained leaning against the front of his house for the next few days, simply letting the passing hours relax him a little to get used to this town. It was then that it dawned on him that it was a Saturday night. He remembered seeing something on the bulletin board about some ZZ fellow who performed at this time. "Well, got nothing else to do...might as well find out what kind of music they got around here..." He said to himself, making his way towards the museum. It was a pretty good perk, his location: nice and quiet in seclusion, but still fairly close to the only coffee shop around.

Mr.RMA

Re: The Coop

10:57 PM

RMA quickly walked past the obnoxious hoothoot as he strolled into the Coop. It was an interesting little room, much less formal looking than what he had seen from the rest of the establishment. He noticed a few others scattered around the area: A Tranquill was running the bar, a Houndoom was strumming his guitar on a small stage, most likely ZZ, and a Raichu was sitting alone at a table, apparently transfixed in the musician's performance.

"Interesting lot, though they probably would think the same of me" He murmured to himself, finding another empty table and seating himself, resting his chin on his right hand as he listened intently to the Houndoom.

"This guy's good. Would definitely give the guys back home a run for their money..." He thought aloud. He almost forgot how out of place he really was here, just concentrating on the music.

Mr.RMA

Re: The Coop

Midnight

It was around time for the performance to end, so RMA picked himself up out of his chair, preparing to head back home. As he got up, he noticed the Raichu still seated at her table. He wasn't sure if she was in a trance or not, but from his point of few, she didn't look entirely...well...there, so to speak. He took out a piece of stationary, scribbled something on it, and subtly walked over and placed it on her table.

"Would've introduced myself in person, but I didn't want to disturb you. My name's Mr.RMA, and I also happen to be a newcomer around here. Though I wouldn't exactly consider myself the first person to go to for advice at the moment, what with all the settling in still a situation for myself, if you need someone to talk to or anything, I'm fine with that. Hope to see you again at some time."

It sounded ridiculous, even more so than his other letters, but he had to do something to bring his social status up in some way. He couldn't bear being a loner again. Sighing at the thought, the human silently walked out of the room.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
11:46 AM

Linkachu stopped at the front door and read the house sign. "Mr.RMA... Hey! What luck. This is that guy's house." She smiled to herself and gazed at the closed door. There didn't seem to be any lights on inside the house right now, so he was either out or still sleeping. Considering it was almost noon though, maybe he was awake and just conserving energy. It was pretty sunny today...

Should I knock? From the sounds of the letter he left on my table, I doubt he'd mind. I'll just knock a couple of times and see if he's home. It occured to Linkachu then that she had no idea who this person was, or what they were. Their identity was a complete mystery.

Linkachu finally gave a couple of hard knocks against the door and waited to see if anyone would answer. If he actually was still sleeping, she'd just thank him later.

Mr.RMA

RMA was toiling with his turntable, barely even noticing he had left the lights off when he suddenly heard someone knocking at the door. 'Now who in the world could that be?' He thought to himself, walking towards the door. Opening it, he noticed it was the Raichu he saw at the Coop. A bit surprised that she actually showed up, which meant she actually read that pathetic note he wrote, he was slow to reply. "err....hello there..." he finally said, a slight wave of his hand.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Linkachu was rather surprised when the door finally opened. She'd been prepared for something out of the ordinary, but not something like this. Mr.RMA wasn't a Pokémon at all.

Wow, a human? I haven't seen a human in ages. The Raichu stared at him for a moment without saying a word, and when he finally gave a rather shaky "hello" she felt a bit embarrassed. She was probably unnerving him with all of her staring.

"Heya. I was just passing by and noticed the name on your house," she started, not fully sure what to say. "My name's Linkachu. I wanted to thank you for your letters, and apologize for zoning out on Saturday night. I guess I was so into the music that I didn't notice anything else." She grinned sheepishly. Such a lame response, but it was the best she could come up with.

Mr.RMA

"It's no trouble at all, and you don't have to apologize about that" RMA replied, suddenly finding his voice. "I know how it's like spacing out like that. Happens to me far too often. Nice to meet you Linkachu" He said, scratching the back of his head, still slightly uncomfortable. He was absolutely terrible at conversations that lasted more than a couple sentences. He could never think of a way to continue. "...uh...I guess it's a bit surprising finding my...type...around here huh?" He finally said, realizing the Raichu had been staring at him strangely.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doh. I knew he'd notice me staring!

She considered her words a moment, but decided in the end to just be honest. "To be honest, I haven't seen another human in at least 3 years. For awhile I was starting to think they'd all left the continent," Linkachu replied. "I like humans, though. They're interesting people. And it's nice to meet you, too. If you don't mind me asking, what brought you to Charming?"

Linkachu could tell that Mr.RMA seemed a bit uneasy, so she figured she'd make her exit shortly. She didn't want to alienate the guy on their first proper encounter.

OoC: If you want to auto Linkachu a bit in your next post and end the conversation, that's fine. If not, I'll probably wrap it up in my next post. :)

Mr.RMA

RMA thought over the question for a moment before answering. "Well, when I first left home to start out on my own, I started searching from place to place for a good location, and soon found myself farther and farther away from home, and with less and less to spend. By the time I was flat broke, I was completely lost. I resorted to looking through the directory to see where to go next, and that's how I found myself here, in massive debt, and just layed off my slave labor." It was the he saw Linkachu's uniform. "I see Nick got to you as well"

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Linkachu tilted her head slightly. Why does everyone keep talking about Mr. Nick like that?

"Interesting story you've got there. I actually came here with the exact amount of bells needed to buy a house, but somehow I lost it all along the way. Don Nick saved my ass, though. He offered me a job to work off some of my debt, so I'm pretty grateful to him." She suddenly became very aware of the time. "Speaking of which, I should probably get going and keep working away at this current job. It's already taken me ages to complete, and I'm not done meeting everyone yet!" She chuckled lightly.

Stepping back from the doorway, she prepared to leave and waved to the human. "Very nice to finally meet you, Mr.RMA, and hope to talk to you again soon. I might take you up on your offer for advice someday, and feel free to ask me for help if you need anything, too!"

Mr.RMA

"Sure thing. See ya later!" RMA called back, waving before going back into his house. "Well, at least I finally met someone else who actually knows what a human is." He said to himself, leaning against the door. Then something she said earlier hit him. "Wait a minute...3 years? Just how far away from home am I?" He wondered, scratching his head in confusion. He remembered taking several buses, for what seemed like hours at a time, a boat ride, and a plane flight. It didn't seem too far fetched to him that he could've possibly ended up in some place where human's barely ever actually ended up. The thought actually intrigued him slightly, but that didn't last very long before he suddenly felt tired once more. "Well...I haven't gotten to bed at a reasonable hour since I left home. Might as well tuck in early tonight." He muttered, taking off his hat and heading upstairs.

Mr.RMA

12:13 AM

RMA laid down quietly on his bed as he heard the faint sounds of rain droplets hitting his roof, the tapping sounds of the impacts like a metronome continuously changing its tempo. It was very late, but he wasn't getting much sleep that day. He hadn't done anything that day to make him tired, and now it seemed such laziness was going to cost him. Even though the situation seemed rather futile to him, he decided to try to get to sleep one more time, shutting his eyes forcibly and trying to ignore the annoying raindrops.

Status
Not open for further replies.