• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Movie Masterpieces (Favorite Movies, too!)

I currently consider this topic to be different from Nostalgic Films of Your Childhood and Films You Think Deserved a Sequel, as this is more about the best, or favorite movie you have ever watched, and why. (Maybe we should, like, lump the movies threads in one. Either way is fine.)

I am awake, at four in the morning as I type this, and I believe the movie I have just watched was the most moving, and heartwarming thing I have ever watched, and I believe it will stay as my top movie for a very long time. It's called Babe. I will spoil as little about it as possible, but I will say it is about a farmer, and his pig. I shall not say any more, as I implore you to watch this film yourself, and be your own judge. I am not certain on the subject of spoilers as to this topic, so I will reveal none more. The film itself was simple, based on a farm and all that. It was the interactions between the animals and the pig that got me. He was just the kindest pig you would have ever met, and spoke with his heart. The way he confers with all the animals with the same equality, no matter what, was what moved me. I just connected with this pure and innocent little pig. As the film had ended with one line, I was bursting with joy. "That'll do, Pig. That'll do."

The emotion that welled up in me was so significant I just cannot describe it. It may be bias, but it is my honest opinion that this film tops any other I have watched. Apparently, it has a sequel, but I am not interested in watching it, in case it messes up my opinion.

So, what about you, members of 'Charms? Is there a movie that sticks out as your favorite, or best you have seen? I would absolutely love it if you shared with me.

Hm. Favorite movie? The Fifth Element.

There is not one person that I have met that has seen this movie that -doesn't- like it. Actually, it's my family movie and has been for years XD It's just a perfect mix of everything- sci-fi, romance, action, comedy, and pure epic win. Plus, it paints a rather realistic picture of what humanity will be even with advanced technology. What I mean is that it seems a lot of the follies that we find in society today are incorporated nicely. It's one of those movies that I can watch a million times, and still notice something new on each watch XD In fact, the last time I watched it was with Stel and my parents. It was a wonderful viewing :3

...Also, there's a fight scene in there that's choreographed to operatic music. I couldn't find a good clip on Youtube, but if you've seen the movie, you probably know what scene I'm talking about. My main goal in life is cosplay Leeloo and do that fight scene move for move :>

I have a favorite movie :> This movie is, IMHO, the perfect mix of comedy, drama and epic scenes that keep you on the edge of your seat. To top it off, orchestrated by one of the greatest musical minds in history and voiced by some of the most awesome people ever. What is this movie, you may ask?

Teh Lion King.

I mean seriously. I don't think I've ever seen a better movie. The story is good, lion romance is surprisingly cute, Scar is an evil genious (even if he is a coward) and who doesn't love Timon and Pumbaa? I watched it a while ago and I was astonished. I had seen it before but never actually understood how good it was. Hans Zimmer is so much win he can make a man cry (literally >>; ). The music in this movie is just so powerful and majestic, absolutely perfect for the Lion King. It's just breathtakingly good. (Plus, Mufasa and Zazu are voiced by James Earl Jones and Rowan Atkinson respectively~)

Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Hands down.

I'm a huge fan of Monty Python skits in general, and this is what every other fan had been dreaming about after the show came out: a two hour long skit. And that's really all that the movie is, and I really wouldn't have it any other way. It's just stupid Monty Python antics from start to finish, with the Swedish subtitles, Castle Aaargh, and the Holy Hand Grenade (of Antioch.) Plus, I only saw it about a month ago, and I'd watch it over and over again if I could.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I'll have to say that Lion King was the best movie I've watched. Then again, I haven't watched many movies in my short lifetime XD

I really love how Simba grows and developes throughout the course of the movie, from a naive, fun-loving and innocent cub to the ferocious but loving leader of his family/pack/whatever they're called. The scene where Scar gets pushed off amidst all the rain? I loved it. Words are not enough for me to describe how much I love this movie~

Tangled is my favorite recent movie that I've watched. I mean, Inception was good, Toy Story 3 was touching, and Harry Potter was okay, but Tangled made me cry and laugh like never before (entertainment-wise, that is). Eugene/Flynn and Rapunzel's relationship was so cute, and the singing reminded me so much of the old Disney movies that I laugh-sobbed throughout the whole thing. I really liked that evil lady's voice, more so than any of the other characters. Sometimes I even wondered if she actually did have a heart and wasn't just trying to keep Rapunzel all to herself because of her magical hair, but rather did love her deep down. It was an amazing movie, to be expected from the makers of the Lion King, Little Mermaid, Snow White, Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast. ♥