• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Movesets... Help me out? :3

Alrighty... I'm looking for some input on movesets for a few of my pokemon so I can improve them. Any suggestions and/or comments are appreciated! :] Moves that I've been thinking of teaching them are listed in [glow=purple,2,300]purple[/glow].

My Pokemon and their current movesets:

Umbreon (Lv. 82 Naughty nature)
Assurance
Psychic
Faint Attack
Moonlight
[glow=purple,2,300]Dark Pulse[/glow]

Vaporeon (Lv. 90 Brave nature)
Surf
Acid Armor
Hydro Pump
Aurora Beam

Mew (Lv. 71 Sassy nature)
Psychic
Barrier
AncientPower
X-Scissor
[glow=purple,2,300]Aura Sphere (at Lv. 100)[/glow]

Lucario (Lv. 61 Adamant nature)
Close Combat
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Swords Dance

Leafeon (Lv. 75 Jolly nature)
Leaf Blade
Giga Drain
Magical Leaf
GrassWhistle

Ninetails (Lv. 88 Brave nature)
Ember
Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Extrasensory

Jolteon (Lv. 83 Adamant nature)
Quick Attack (still knows this.. how terrible xD)
Thunder Fang
Thunderbolt
Thunder

Raichu (Lv. 80 Quirky Nature)
Thunder
Discharge
Charge Beam
Shock Wave

[Question: Jolteon or Raichu, which is better for battling? I can list stats if needed]

Articuno (Lv. 80 Careful nature)
Avalanche
Fly
Blizzard
Ice Beam

Nidoking (Lv. 40 Adamant nature) I know... this one needs a lot of work. ;)
Poison Sting
Toxic Spikes
Horn Attack
Double Kick
[glow=purple,2,300]Earthquake[/glow]

Jirachi (Lv. 72 Modest nature)
Psychic
Doom Desire
Thunder
Wish

Gardevoir (Lv. 62 Careful nature)
Psychic
Confusion
Calm Mind
Hypnosis

Also, if you'd like to comment on the natures of the (breed-able, as in not legendary) pokemon--if there's a better nature they could have--that would help as well. Thanks!

If you want to go competitive, reading this topic here can help your team out a lot.

And to answer the Raichu or Jolteon question, it all realy depends on what your team needs.

Umbreon@Lagging Tail
Assurance-STAB if opponent hits themselves, it gets plus power
Confuse Ray-to induce the chance of hit before assurance
Facade?
Moonlight

My small suggestion

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Your current Lucario moveset is no good, since you have 2 Fighting-type attacks in the moveset and Swords Dance will only boost Close Combat's damage. Here's a suggestion:

Lucario @ Salac Berry/Life Orb
Adamant
Inner Focus

- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick
- Earthquake/Stone Edge
- ExtremeSpeed/Swords Dance

Close Combat for STAB, Blaze Kick for Skarmory, either Earthquake or Stone Edge for coverage, and finally Swords Dance/Salac Berry to boost stats, or ExtremeSpeed/Life Orb if you don't want to have to set up.

Umbreon having attack moves is bad. With 65 base Attack and 60 base Sp.Attack, any attack moves Umbreon uses will be about as effective as trying to knock down a brick wall with a feather.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Bold/Calm
Synchronize

- Toxic
- Taunt/Confuse Ray/Baton Pass
- Mean Look
- Rest/Moonlight/Wish

Toxic for damage, since Umbreon's too weak offensively to do damage any other way. Mean Look is fairly standard for Umbreon, and makes sure that Toxic's damage can't be reduced by switching out. Taunt will stop people who try Stat-boosting or Roaring/Whirlwinding you out to break Mean Look, Confuse Ray to annoy opponents, and Baton Pass will allow Umby to switch out and keep the opponent Mean Looked at the same time. For healing moves, you can choose either Rest or Moonlight if you go for Taunt or Confuse Ray, but Wish works best with Baton Pass so that you can heal your teammates with Wish without having to switch them into an enemy attack, since Umbreon's slow Speed will mean he will take the hit and then switch out, and Umby's a lot better at taking hits than most.

As for Raichu vs Jolteon, Jolteon is a lot more flexible and a lot more powerful than Raichu - the only things Raichu has over Jolteon are Surf and Grass Knot.