• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Moves that do the same damage as the user's level

Status
Not open for further replies.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
In an attempt to cut down the waffle and just ask my question:

Those moves like Night Shade and Seismic Toss, that take N HP off the foe (where N is your pokemon's current level) - are they worth keeping? 'Cos when your pkmn is level 50, they'll take 50 HP off, and when it's level 100, they'll take 100 HP off. But by the time you get to level 50 or 100, wouldn't your pkmn have learned moves that are more powerful anyway?

Just trying to decide what to do :roll:.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The usefulness of them lies with Pokemon who have poor Attack/Sp. Attacl stats or in cases that you want an attack you can rely on. Since Sesmic Toss and Night Shade will always do the same amount, resistance doesn't matter whatsoever. Your foe could have their defenses pumped up to the max but you'll still get the amount of damage you need to defeat them.

In the past many people used Sesmic Toss on Pokemon like Alakazam. You relied on its Sp. Attack for mostly everything, but for the rare times that it wasn't effective Sesmic Toss was a sure 100 points of damage. It may not be much against a Pokemon with 300 HP, but you could rely on it when need be.

With all the new attacks in this Gen I haven't been using these types attacks at all but they clearly do have their uses. IMO, though, they're only worth your while once you've maxed your Pokemon out.

Blisseys often have Seismic toss, simply because both of their offensive stats are very low. I don't usually see those moves on anyone else, but at least this goes to show that these moves aren't completely useless... I guess...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
In case you haven't noticed, this topic has been dead since 2004. Topics this old are supposed to stay dead.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.