• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Mount Eria

Oshawatt grew a little upset at the dismissive behavior and crossed his small stubby arms across his chest and walked back to Hilda's side. His ego was shot and he didn't want to battle right now so he just simply walked away before the Dewott gave him a reason to leave.

"Where is your trainer?" Hilda mumbled as she slowly reached a hand forth to touch the Totodile since it looked so peaceful and happy. Unaware of the Dewott's intentions, she kept her eyes zeroed in on the Totadile while Oshawott watched his next evolution with curious eyes. For some reason, the Dewott seemed kind of against Hilda while she hadn't done anything.

"Osha...?" Oshawott muttered as he watched.

Kosovo shook his head “ no” at the question to tell her he had no trainer. He would have gladly let her touch him if not for Ebstien grabbing the Totodile’s hand and dragging him away. The Dewott grumbled angrily to himself before chewing out Kosovo yet again. It was going like a normal, angry lecture from Ebstien, which were very common. It had to make you wonder why he was such an angry Dewott.

Oshowatt and Hilda frowned at the same time as she stood back upright. Something was up here... Dewott was acting like a guardian or a parent more so than a wild pokemon. Normally, they would let each other live in peace and if Totodile didn't have a trainer, then they were together helping each other out.

"You two sure are an odd group of cuties~" Hilda said, placing a hand on her hip as the wind chewed through her clothes and into her skin below. She couldn't be outside too long now - her time in Unova didn't train her for these experiences whatsoever.

"Osha?" Oshowatt spoke to Hilda who in turn knelt down and scooped up her water pokemon.

"We should get back to our house, here, before it gets any colder... If that's even possible." Hilda joked as she waved to the Totodile and Dewott. "I'll see you two around! Be careful, please!"

Kosovo waved back as he continued to be dragged away. The whole day would then be spent trying to convince Ebstien that trainers weren't all bad, that some were good. Ebstien, of course, wouldn't be persuaded and would continue with his same mindset as always.

Hilda found her way back to her house that she was renting for her vacation here on the mountain side. As soon as she stepped in, she immediately began stripping down her winter jacket and boots. Even her gloves weren't safe from her frenzy to get out of her cold clothing. Once she was done making a panic to get out of her winter plagued clothing, she plopped onto her couch and tossed out all three pokeballs that she owned.

Snivy, the grass type starter of Unova appeared at her right. She curled up beside her trainer and, like normal, began dozing off once more.

Tepig followed suit but didn't try to sleep but instead just get comfortable.

Oshawott spent the next few minutes pondering evolution. Was he ever going to evolve? Could he? The questions of every Pokemon who wants to grow up was now shifting the mind of Oshawott as he stand on the couch next to Snivy.

In the meantime, Hilda decided to Xtransceive her rival back home in the Unova region, Hilbert. When she dialed in his number, completely letting the memory of her grabbing his contact information and actually making a contact out of it slip away, she pressed call and let the ringing go through for two seconds. Until...

"Hey, Hilda! How's the arctic?" Hilbert's voice came through the other end as Snivy and Tepig perked up at the sound of a familiar voice. Hilbert appeared like he was in a house as well but it was a little darker than the one Hilda was in now meaning he was on a whole different region. That was obvious.

Oshawott wasn't paying attention - focused on that Totadile and Dewott from earlier. He wanted to be as strong as the Dewott but also as friendly as the Totodile. It was a confliction on both sides.

"It's as cold as you thought and THEN some..." Hilda whined as she shivered, still recovering from the cold outside. It was almost illogical how an area of the planet could be so bone chillingly cold and still have people and Pokemon living there. "I definitely miss Unova and the sun there! But I'll be back in a few weeks I'm sure. I still have a mountain to climb..."

"Sheesh. You really took this challenge seriously; didn't you? Don't go too hard out there, Cheren and Bianca want us to celebrate Cheren's new gym... and you know how he gets when we're late."

Hilda felt herself giggle as she covered her mouth with the back of her hand. "I do remember him bringing that up after you left for Johto. It's a shame that you did but... oh well!"

The conversation carried on for a little while longer before Hilbert decided that sleep was more valuable than the call - rightfully so, and fell asleep. Hilda hung up shortly afterwards and decided she herself would get some sleep in the form of a nap since she still had some "daylight" left in her possession. Before sleeping, she noticed everyone but Oshawott was asleep but he looked like he was winding down. So, she eased her nerves and they all curled up together in the living room.

Serah decided to make her way towards the city with Simon in her sling after noticing the two water-type Pokémon making their way towards civilization. The Torloger decided to follow Serah in a silent manner while adjusting his body's temperature to adapt to the chilly weather. The tortoise Pokémon looked over at the various buildings that gradually became bigger as he made his way towards the city with Serah.

While on their way to town, the Torloger's head perked up the moment he heard several loud noises nearby. His info display read:

ALERT: LOUD AUDIO DETECTED...
PLAYING VOICE FILE...
ACTIVATING TRANSLATORS...

"Ack... w- what are you doing?"
"[Loud Growling and Thud]"
"Graaugh! [Low Scream]"
"[Loud Roar]"
"Y- you... J- just stop now! [Faint Cry]"
"[Hearty Laugh]"
"T- that's it you dang bear!"
"[Loud Crackling]"
"[Deafening Roar]"

Simon continued to stay curled in a ball after hearing the scene happening between the two Pokémon, as Serah cried, "S- stop this right now! Why are you both fighting? Don't you know that you're both getting nothing out of this?"

There was no response from the two Pokémon, as the mouse-like Pokémon launched a barrage of electrical beams at the big bear Pokémon! A deep cry of pain emitted from the ursine Pokémon seconds later, as the freezing Pokémon pounded the snowy ground with his large paws! The Torloger's info display read:

ALERT: LOUD AUDIO DETECTED...
PLAYING VOICE FILE...
ACTIVATING TRANSLATORS...

"S- stop it already! That voice is right!"
"[Heavy Breathing]"
"C- come on! I'm not a little wimp ya know!"
"[Booming Smack]"
"H- heh... I didn't even feel a thing! In fact, I actually feel a bit better! Come on, hit me more ya chump!"
"[Loud Roar and Cracking Noises]"
"Oh... owie! That really does hurt! [Chuckle]"
"[Heavy Breathing]"
"Oh, the big bad bear is tired already? I guess it's already nap time for a biggy like you!"
"[Heavy Breathing and Thud]"

"Oh my god! Is that thing okay?" Serah squealed.

"It looks like the little mouse thing over there tired it out after giving it a swift beating. We should probably take the little Pokémon with us, it's not exactly safe for a Pokémon like that one to be out here. I'm even surprised it actually won against that huge bear... well, I mean he's out cold now I think," The Torloger stated.

"I can tell that this little Pokémon is stronger than he looks already, and we should get to the city as soon as possible. Maybe we can find a way to treat him since he doesn't look too great," The Torloger added.

Serah turned to her left side and had a puzzled look towards the robotic Pokémon, as she replied, "W- wha? Y- y- you can talk? Umm... alright then. I guess I could use another friend since I wanted Tyler to spend some time with his brother. I think his brother told me yesterday that Tyler isn't exactly doing too great, and I'll admit... I do miss him a bit more now."

"Look, I'll just be with you for now at least I guess because I don't have anyone else or anything. I can't exactly get a signal around here so I'll have to find a spot that does have one hopefully," The Torloger said while noticing Serah slowly making her way towards the mouse-like Pokémon. The tortoise Pokémon saw the trainer taking out a gun-shaped device and pointing it towards the small Pokémon after a small LCD screen popped out from the left side, as the screen read:

[ Analyzing Pokémon... Downloading Data... ]
[ Vertio (Inverter Pokémon) // Type: Electric // No. 065 // OK ]
[ "It is often seen jeering the opponent in battle. Exposure to electricity from Vertio has mixed effects depending on its mood." ]
[ Region of Origin: Camtonia ]
[ HT: 1'04" | 40.64 cm ]
[ WT: 9.3 lbs | 4.22 kg ]
[ Trust: ??? ]
[ Weak Point: ??? ]
[ Weakness: ??? | ??? | ??? ]
[ No Damage: Ground ]
[ Priming Move: None ]

Serah returned Simon in his ball the moment she saw him in his deep slumber already. She gently scooped the mouse Pokémon in her arms, which was noted to be a Vertio after a quick look at the device's screen.

"Hey, look up at me. Are you alright?" Serah enquired while the Vertio gave a dubious nod after attempting to hide the noticeable bruise on his chest.

"Come on, it's not going to do you any good if you're hiding where you're hurt. Don't be embarrassed, I'm not going to laugh at you or anything. I'm a doctor here, I can help treat you once we get to town since it would be hard to do anything under the freezing snow," Serah asserted while placing the Vertio in her sling, as the little Pokémon appeared to be rather comfortable in the carrying area of the trainer's jacket.

"Just relax little one, it'll only be about a few more minutes before we're there in town. Save the introductions for later, and that includes you little bot," Serah added while she jogged her way towards the city with the Torloger by her side.

Bezai stood up herself. The day was being consumed by the night, evident by the faint glow that appeared at the top of Mount Eria. It was a familiar sight to the citizens of Nieves, a mysterious yet comforting light. The light's source sparked many myths and theories, all yet to be proven. Through the clouds, the light was eclipsed for a brief moment. There definitely was something on that mountain, waiting to be discovered. Just exactly what though...?

Bezai didn't pay much heed to the light and started to walk back home. "Oh, right. It's getting late, guys!" she called back to the other trainers. "I wouldn't stay out for long!" With that she ventured back towards the town. Out of the corner of her eye she could've sworn she caught a glimpse of Ebstien chasing Kosovo again, but she couldn't be too sure. At her home, she sat on the steps overlooking the street. Absentmindedly she stared at the glowing light on Eira's peak which increasingly grew as night fell. It was like the moon to them, strange and beautiful. She didn't even notice the slight crack in her egg.

Deep in the forest at the base of Mt. Eria, the clashing of steel could be heard. Even though night had since fallen, Robin and his Pokemon were sparring in the moonlight.
"There we go! Keep it up!" Robin yelled, spinning away from Q's slashing attacks. Although the backpack he was wearing was heavy, and his winter coat large and bulky, Robin managed to make up for the weight and loss of dexterity by utilizing the snow to slide a bit. Robin blocked Q's next slash, a Psycho Cut, and tried to hold his ground. In the background, Cherry was cheering hard with her electric pom-poms waving. Through gritted teeth, Q managed a cocky smile at his trainer. The Ballads himself was weight training as well, wearing a Macho Brace to weight him down.

Robin managed to unlock their blades, causing Q to slide past him. The trainer aimed a few slashes at Q with his own sword, but the Ballads recovered quickly and parried them easily. Trying to go for the unexpected Robin aimed a kick at Q, only for the Gallade to dodge and flip up their foot. Robin lost his balance, and fell with a yelp onto his back. Q looked down at his trainer with a confident smile while Cherry applauded. Extending a hand, the Gallade helped his trainer up.

"Not bad, man. Not bad. What does that make us, 24-23 my favor?" Robin asked. Q shook his head and spun his finger in a circle.
"Whaddya mean the other way around? I'm pretty sure I'm right." Robin said, shearing his sword. He brushed the snow off his jacket and looked around. The sounds of fighting were still going on, and it was starting to get dark. Cherry ran over to her trainer and climbed onto his shoulder, and Robin gave her a quick scratch behind the ears.
"Alright. Let's go find the others." Robin said.

Robin found his Absol and Farfetch'd sparring not to far away. They both seemed equally matched, but as Robin, Q, and Cherry got closer, Rena the Absol managed to score a lucky hit on Sam, knocking him into a tree. The Farfetch'd slumped to the base of the trunk, stunned from the impact. Robin applauded, and Rena quickly bounded over to her trainer.
"Good job today, both of you!" Robin said to Rena and Sam. The Farfetch'd shook off the blow and stood, looking at his trainer and a little embarrassed for losing in front of him. "Good job, everyone! Hey, where's Big Turk?"

As soon as he asked the question, the battle-scarred Blastoise appeared. It grumbled quietly and in a low tone, and Robin couldn't help but to smile at his old friend.
"Good work today, everyone." Robin said. "We've made some progress today, I can feel it. Tomorrow, we'll see how strong the Pokemon on Mt. Eria really are."
Robin's Pokemon looked at each other eagerly, as they couldn't wait to battle against new opponents. Returning each,of his Pokemon back to their Pokeballs, Robin began the walk back to apartment he rented. The unusual glow from the top of the mountain cast long shadows in the snow, and Robin watched them as he walked. This really was an unusual place.

Bezai snapped out of her thoughts. If she didn’t go to bed soon then she couldn’t wake up early tomorrow and continue her routine. With a sigh, she stood and placed a hand on her doorknob. That was right before she heard a rather threatening noise from behind her.

A Pokemon from Eria? Here!? The big ones never come into the town! she thought frantically to herself. Slowly, Bezai turned to face it. The Pokemon was a rather angry Buffalant with an almost terrifying presence to it. Once again, Bezai was put in danger by an annoyed Pokemon.

She pressed her back against the door as it snorted out of anger. It approached her as she backed away, its eyes filled with a destructive urge. Others around had already fled, spreading the news around. By then the whole town was talking about it in a frantic manner. None of them knew the situation Bezai was in.

It was at that moment the crack spread and grew larger.

Robin had just made it out of the forest, using the strange light from the mountain to guide his way, when he noticed there was quite a hubbub going on in town. Strange. The place seemed more of a sleepy village when Robin first arrived. Had something happened? The blue haired trainer began to pick up the pace, running in the direction people were running from. He overheard frantic shouts about a Pokemon from Eria in town.

Turning the corner, Robin slid to a stop in the snow. A very not pleased looking Pokemon, a Buffalant, was approaching a girl. It was Bezai, the girl Robin had met in the woods! Didn't she have any Pokemon to defend herself? Robin facepalmed, remembering that the girl only had an unknown egg. Unclipping a Pokeball from his belt, Robin sent out his Gallade, Q. The Gallade still looked a little tired from the day's training, and it looked at it's trainer with confusion. Robin gestured at the Buffalant and Q sighed, taking a fighting stance.
"You can take off the Macho Brace." Robin said. "This isn't just training."
Q shook his head, and it was Robin's turn to sigh. Drawing his sword loudly, Robin called out to the Buffalant.
"Hey! Afro-Head!" Robin yelled. "Over here, you sorry excuse for a... A.. Uh..."
Robin trailed off, not quite sure where he was going with that phrase.

Robin used Taunt!

The Bouffalant picked its head up, turning around to look at Robin and Q. Bezai would've sighed in relief at the help, though she was too tense. It glared at the two with a cold stare. It was almost unsettling, in fact it was.

Bouffalant used Scary Face!

Bezai felt utterly worthless. All she could do was sit there with her back to her door. Wow you're an idiot, Bezai. You don't even prepare for these things...

The glare that the Bouffalant fixed on Robin and Q was so Intense that Robin had to take a step back. Maybe he should have thought this through a bit more... Q was unnerved enough by the Bouffalant that he dropped the Macho Brace. It fell to the ground with a heavy thud, slightly muffled by the snow.
"Th-that's right! Come on you big lug! Your... Your father was ditto, and your mother, eh... Smelled of elderberries!" Robin said. Like Q, he too had taken up a fighting stance, his sword at the ready. The Gallade and human duo began to back up a bit, trying to get the Buffalant away from the house.

The Bouffalant let out a kind of angry snort as it pawed the ground. Was it getting ready to... charge? It rushed forwards, large horns pointed out. Bezai held her breath and started to pray for their safety. She didn't want them to get hurt, especially since she couldn't do anything.

Bouffalant used Head Charge!

"Now!" Robin yelled as the Bouffalant charged at them. Q grabbed his trainer, and the two vanished as the Bash Pokemon charged through where they were standing moments before. Almost the same moment they disappeared, Robin and Q teleported a bit further down the street.
"See? I told you that ya still had it in you!" Robin said, nudging his Gallade. Q rolled his eyes. "Now, take him down! Drain Punch!"
Q nodded and ran towards the Bouffalant. Sliding towards it, Q aimed a punch at the Pokemon's side.

The Pokemon winced as it took the impact. Not long after though, he swiped with one horn at Q, staggering before regaining its balance.

Bouffalant used Revenge!

After thinking for a bit, Bezai perked up. Didn't she... see this Bouffalant before? Her thoughts trailed back to the various Pokemon she encountered. Going through her list of names, she checked each one off that wasn't him. When she finished she realized it was a Pokemon she knew. Its name was Brian after a friend of her's (It's actually Brian May, so clever). Bouffalant was his first Pokemon, and remained his favorite. She knew how the bull Pokemon acted, and it was never like this. What made him so agitated?

If Q had been rested and ready, he might have been able to try to block the blow. But as he was, the Gallade was tired from a full day of training, and was not at his full strength. The Bouffalant's attack hit him hard, knocking him back a few feet into the snow. Q slowly struggled to his feet, a pained look on his face. Robin saw it clearly in the strange light from the mountain.
"Q! Try to end this, quickly! Close Combat!" Robin commanded. Q nodded again, and attacked the Bash Pokemon up close and personal with a rapid flurry of punches.

"W-Wait! Stop!" Bezai shouted out, coming between the two. Brian huffed angrily and was about to attack her, before she slapped him on the snout herself. "Now quit all of this and behave!" she ordered. "We both know you're not like this. Heck I could barely even recognize you myself!" She threw her hands up in the air for added exaggeration.

"Come on, you have eggs to take care of. Should you really be leaving them in the middle of the night?" The Pokemon, surprisingly, paused. Bezai had finally put her knowledge to good use. Honestly, it made her feel useful. One last huff was let out of the Bouffalant before he started to leave. Before he did, the buffalo Pokemon gave Q and Robin a sort of look that said he would want to battle again, but on much more friendlier terms. "What could've made him so angry...? Of course him and Mortar get in fights a lot but..." she started to mumble to herself, rambling on as she thought. In fact she completely forgot the other two existed in that moment.

Q just managed to stop himself when Bezai ran between the two Pokemon. Both Robin and Q watched as the girl talked down the Bouffalant. Once it was out of sight, Q sat down in the snow, breathing heavily. It's shoulder stung from the Revenge attack, and he rubbed it. Robin approached the rambling girl, looking at her in a new light.
"That was incredible!" Robin said. "It takes a whole lotta guts to just walk on up to an angry Bouffalant like that."

"O-Oh! Uh... well. I-I kinda know Brian... Well not really personally I mean I've watched him before when he comes to eat. H-He's a single dad of 4 eggs, quadruplets actually, and I know he cares about them like a protective father would..." she said, trailing off at the end. There was a slight stutter as she spoke, Bezai's nervousness now showing. She was much less professional and outgoing when it came to people, and now it was more obvious.

Eryn walks around the forest following a path that should lead to the near by village. She looks at the gps device trying to find where the village is when the path splits up. She looks at the Gps divice but then gives up on it. "Great..i should of had been at the village ages ago and its getting colder and colder by the minute..." she mutters angrily. "wait a second i can send out Phoenix! He should find the way to the Village straight away" says Eryn on a bit more positive attitude and takes her pokeball from her jackets pocket that contains the Flechinder. The pokeball opens and the bird comes out and flies in the air and lands in front of his trainer "Hey Phoenix. Can you go and fly for a bit so we can get to the Village?" Eryn asks the bird. Flechinder nods and flies of.

"Still, I don't think I've seen anyone do something like that. You must have a pretty deep bond with these nearby Pokemon." Robin said. He sheathed his sword and returned Q back to his Pokeball, then looked back up at the mountain where the Bouffalant had come from. Robin looked up at the light shining from the top of the mountain. It must be pretty bright to be giving out this much light from so far away. Robin turned back to Bezai, not noticing her nervousness. "I wonder why he was down here in the town. Does he live near here or something?"

The Flechinder files over the forest in a good speed. He flies for a good while before he spots some light in the distance. Flechinder flies with full speed towards the faint light thinking that would be where the village is. When he got closer to the light he noticed that the light came from the mountain top. Disappointed he he turns back but then he spots the village. The Flechinder flies few rounds around the village and then returns where Eryn was.

Mean while at the forest where Eryn waits for her Felchinder to return: "Brrr.... its starting to get really cold here..." She says shivering a bit. She starts to do jumping jacks and running in place so she wont have as cold then she hears Phoenix. "Flechinder!" she hears her Flechinder chatter nearby. She looks up and sees her bird flying around in the night sky." I assume you found the village"she says and reaches in her pocket to take another one of her pokeballs. "Gogoat come out" she says in the hope of finally arriving to the village. Gogoat comes out of the pokeball with a thud. Eryn hops on her pokemons back. "Follow Flechinder" she says to her Gogoat. Gogoat Looks up and starts to gallop with a good amount of speed and Phoenix gliding up in the sky guiding them to the Village

When they finally arrived at the town she called her pokemon back into their pokeballs and started to look around if there was a pokecenter or a place to rest at nearby.

It made Bezai proud to receive a complement, as she doesn't get them often. Well, not that she really had many friends...

"N-Not really. He's normally not that violent either... but I'm not sure why he was so angry..."she replied to Robin. She was slightly shaking due to her nerves, but didn't pay much attention to it. Bezai was used to it by this point.

Robin thought about what Bezai had said. It certainly did seem strange, at least the way Bezai described it. But Robin had no ideas, and didn't really know a lot about the place. Giving up on the question, Robin shrugged.
"Welp, who knows? It might not be anything." Robin said. "Seeing that you're not harmed and it's cold out here, I'm going to retire."
Robin turned and started to walk away when his stomach growled loudly. He realized he hadn't eaten since lunch. Turning back to Bezai, he gave an embarrassed smile.
"You, eh, wouldn't happen to know a good place to eat, would you?" Robin asked.

She perked up. "Why of course! Nieves has some of the best restaurants ever!" she said with a little exaggerated spin, a gesture towards the whole town. "At least I think so... I haven't really been anywhere else..." she admitted. "But they're still good!"

"That's awesome!" Robin said, smiling at Bezai's exaggerated movement. He really was hungry. It was much later than when he normally ate dinner, and all the training today really wore him out as well. His stomach growled again, and Robin's face turned a little red.
"The best restaurants sounds good to me. Do you think you could show me around?" Robin asked Bezai.

"Why of course! But let's eat first. I'm kinda hungry myself," she admitted. Gesturing him to follow, she started to make her way to one of her favorite places to grab a bite. In her opinion, it was the go-to place for newcomers before they left. It made Bezai happy to actually have a friend. Could they actually be considered friends, now that she thought about it. Is there some declaration? An agreement? How do you know when you've actually become friends with someone? Whatever the case, she was just happy to spend some time with a human being for once.

Robin followed Bezai towards the resturaunt. The snow crunched under their feet, and even though it was night time, the lights of the tiwn, moon, and mountain made it not seem that dark. The light from the mountain still confused Robin. Wasn't there supposed to be no one that had made it to the top? Was the light even man made? Some Pokemon? Hoping Bezai might shed some light on the subject, so to speak, Robin continued the conversation.
"So! I take it you've been in Nieves for a while?" Robin asked Bezai.

”Yep! I was born here, actually. Neither of my parents were locals, but they settled down for the same reason as practically everyone else,” Bezai explained. She fidgeted with her hands a bit to calm her nerves. The subject of her parents always brought some level of stress or anxiety, but she figured she had to get over it eventually.

"Oh, that's cool." Robin said as they approached the restaurant. He was about to ask her about the mountain when he realized he didn't actually know the reason Bezai was referring to, the reason "every one moved in". Robin figured why not ask. "What reason was that?"

She let out a small sigh before responding. “To get up to the peak of the mountain. Be the first to discover what grand thing is up there,” Bezai explained. Before continuing any further, they had arrived. “Oh! We’re here!” she said excitedly, her mood having changed rather quick.

Robin looked up at rhe restaurant. It looked like a quaint little place, fitting to a village like this one. Robin held the door open for Bezai and followed her in. It was much warmer in here then it was outside. Robin shook off the snow and unzipped his jacket, allowing the warm air to comfort him. His gloves were the next to go, and were put in his jacket pockets. He stamped the snow off his boots and sat down at a table.
"Wow." Robin said, looking around. "What a nice little place! Does it got a name?"

Bezai sat down with him, not having a jacket of her own to take off. She supposed the reason she never needed one was that she lived in this cold climate for her whole life. Come to think of it, she couldn't imagine living in a hotter climate all her life.

"Oh, it's called The Snowdrop after the owner's favorite flower," she explained. "People who've been in Nieves a long time just call it Ayana's place. That's the owner, actually. She's a nice lady, though not as young as she used to be. Her daughter's going to take it over, people say. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if she did as long as-" Bezai began to ramble about general talks of the town. It was clear that everyone who lived there had a close bond and knew each other relatively well.

Robin took off his backpack and sword, leaning the sword against the table and putting the backpack on the floor. He listened and watched Bezai talk, enjoying how deeply the girl talked about the town and the people in it. So this is what it must be like, huh? Growing up in a close community like this one, with good families and friends to look after you. Robin felt a little envious of Bezai, just for a moment, then quickly dismissed the feeling. There was nothing he could do about it now.

"So, Bezai." Robin said. "I hate to inturrupt, but there's been something that's been nagging at me ever since I got here."
The blue haired swordsman looked out the window towards Mt. Eria.
"Why does the mountain glow like that?"

She stopped rambling at his question. "Well, uhh..." Bezai trailed off, looking out at the mountain herself. "Actually... no one's really sure. Everyone has their own theories: an ancient object long forgotten, some undiscovered legendary, a person asking for a way home... No one's really gotten up there. They either go missing or give up. I suppose those who've settled down here don't really try since it's never caused us problems. It's just some mysterious thing we live with, kinda like the moon in a way."

"Hmmm..." Robin looked out at the mountain as well. The light seemed strange, and Robin felt that familiar feeling. That desire to go and do it. To find out what was up there. To climb that mountain. He was gonna do it. Robin was gonna try to climb that mountain. Smiling, he turned back to Bezai. But before he could ask her another question, a waitress walked up.
"What can I get for ya?" The waitress asked, handing out menus. Her nametag read Betty. "Anything to drink?"
"Ah... Got any hot chocolate?" Robin asked. The waitress nodded, writing it down on her pad.
"And you, hun?" Betty asked.

”Tea, please,” Bezai requested politely as she looked away from the mountain. She began to fidget with her hands under the table. Habits. She hated them sometimes. It always felt like they were giving her away, that even looking at the mountain made her anxious.

As the waitress walked back to the kitchen, Robin turned back to Bezai. She seemed... Nervous, suddenly. Quite different from the cheerful girl he was talking to before he asked about the mountain. Robin looked at her, concerned.
"You alright?" Robin asked Bezai.