• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Motostoke Pokémon Academy

legacyranger04

Previously itsgarrett_31
Riolu was surprised by Lileep's speedy dodge and was caught off gaurd by the opponents Energy Ball.

"Ri!" exclaimed Riolu as it got sent back a good bit away.

"You got this Riolu!" said Justin trying to encourage his Pokemon. With an almost lightbulb idea popping in the Trainer's head he told Riolu, "Okay buddy use Bulk Up!"

Riolu understood the command perfectly and used the moove as for a split second Riolu's body bulked up, then went hack to normal size with a new power boost.

legacyranger04

Previously itsgarrett_31
Both Riolu and Justin noticed the ground starting to well up under the fighting type and reacted fast.

"Use Quick Attack Riolu!" said Justin as Riolu quickly got out of the way before a pillar of flames exploded out of the hole in the ground. Still using Quick Attack Riolu gets right in front of Lileep for a direct attack.

"Okay Riolu, before Lileep can react, use Drain Punch!" said Justin as Riolu simply replied with, "Ri!" and it's left fist began to glow with white energy reading another Drain Punch.

Cole would walk over to Tristian and Justin's battle. He watched, Scorbunny excited. Both of them would be into this battle, as they loved Pokemon Battles. "Woah, nice! Awesome!" He exclaimed. If he was right, Riolu seemed to be the Offense of the battle while Lilleep was the Defense. He kept watching contently with his Scorbunny.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Nathan’s Obstagoon snarled at the battle, having the urge to join in. Nathan just watched the battle observing how each trainer attacked the other. So, if he had a fight with them, he could know what he was in for. Nathan arranged the mask on his face making sure it was on and continued to watch the battle.

legacyranger04

Previously itsgarrett_31
Instead of congratulatijg Riolu on his hit, he payed close attention to the energy balls thrown into the air by Lileep.

"Okay Riolu use Quick Attack to run around and see if there's any holes in Lileep's barrier." said Justin as Riolu's body glew with white energy and he sped around the barrier looking for any holes.

Cole started to think on how either could win the battle. For Riolu, if it avoided this Earth Power and leaped above the Stone Edge, it could land it's final hit on Lileep with any atacking move it had in it's arsenal. As for Lileep, if Earth Power actually hit, Riolu would be blasted up, giving Lileep the chance to use Energy ball and finish Riolu, if he was correct. He was in deep thought until Scorbunny tapped him and he was ripped from thought. "Oh, Scorbunny. Hi." He looked to his partner, petting it. He would then look to the newcomer with a pretty weird mask. While he watched, he decided to walk over and talk to them. "Hello, my name is Cole Silverwind. You interested in this battle too?"

Standing in front of the academy was a woman wearing a white lab coat, left open to show off her black shirt, pale purple jeans, and her black trainer belt that held her six PokeBalls of varying degrees of wear and tear and of different style. Her choker-like necklace shone her charms with glossy brilliance (save for the matte sections of her amulets) and her short, multicolored wavy hair bounced as she turned her head this way and that - her eyes studying the students before her. She watched the students befriend each other, while some stayed as far away as they possibly could through all the commotion. She understood both of these actions, but found herself sympathizing with the 'avoiders' more, as her academic life had been steeped in misfortune due to her rather brattish behavior. Now, she had the chance to pass on what she had learned to these kids, even if they were life lessons.

She heard the shrill cry of a bird down the path and saw a girl return her Braviary before taking her suitcases and walking towards the academy. Huh, she held that same look in her eyes that the woman had worn for so long. It intrigued her to see fate work in such mysterious ways. As the girl got closer to the entrance of the academy, the woman spoke up, trying to stop her.

"The assembly will be happening between 8 and 8:30 this morning. Nobody should be heading to their classes, as they don't have their schedules yet, nor can they go to the dorm rooms as we haven't gotten their dorm keys ready. Sorry, but you'll have to wait out here. Luckily, the weather is great for now." She studied her expression a bit further before extending out her hand for a shake, her Z-Power Ring revealing itself a little under her lab coat. "I'm Dr. Darastrix, but you may just call me Shade. I'm assuming you are a student?"

@ThePlayfulFox

(OOC: IT'S ABOUT TIME XD I'm so sorry XD)
Kayla frowned. She felt her arms sore the longer she held the case filled with books and she was hoping that she could rid herself of it at her room. At least it was one of the professors talking to her. Then Shade held out her hand for her. Unfortuantly, Her hands were completely full. However, maybe one of her Pokemon could help her. "Esme? Can you please take something for me?" One of her Pokeballs quivered before a white light emitted, morphing into the shape of an Ampharos. Then her color was revealed to be pink, white sparkles emitting from her. The Ampharos tilted her head, looking up at Kayla slightly. "Can you hold this for me?" She handed the lighter suitcase to Esme, not wanting to accidently harm the Pokemon that she raised so long ago. Esme accepted the suitcase and Kayla turned back to Dr. Darastrix. "Sorry for that. My hands were full. Anyway, I am Kayla Spurse, and I am guessing that I am. Nice to meet you Dr. Darastrix." Her eyes fell onto the Z-Ring that showed just a tiny bit. "You've been to Alola, I presume?"

(OOC: Apparently Ampharos is 4'07". Huh.)

Lileep needed a counter for the devastating possibility if Riolu hit Lileep, he'd be down to two Pokemon. So he decided to formulate a plan. "Lileep, when he gets close, give it a point-blank Sludge Bomb." He said as Lileep nodded, charging it up. Students were watching and commenting on the battle that was happening. It was 7:50 AM, and Tristian was hoping the battle would wrap up.

After Quentin and had caught the Skwovet in the yard he headed towards the classroom. He entered the room and observed the pokemon battle that was happening. Quentin who took three steps back, closed his eyes and hugged the wall. He never really enjoyed battles but he was good at them. After all, that's why everyone was here, right?