• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Most used Poketch App?

The digital watch and the itemfinder are the ones i use most (I don't have all of them, so I don't know if any more favorites come up) Also, how does that friendship checker works, I don't really get it?

Digital Clock, still trying to get the 24-hour system down :p. I use Pedometer a lot, when I'm hatching eggs or in Amity Park. One time I actually used the calculator for homework, and I was in Geometry (I'm going to Honors Alg. 2)!

I currently am training a team with a Pokemon that knows pick up, so I use the Team App to tell when it has an item, or when my Pokemon are gonna die. before that I had to use to Daycare App to tell when the eggs were ready. Other then that, I'll try to use a clock or the Eggtimer App. And sometimes I'll have it on a random one because I don't need it. The Poketck was the best idea ever, though.

Guess it really doesn't help that I don't own all of the Applications, but I find myself just leaving it on the Berry Map majority of the time. Saves me from entering peoples homes and parking myself in front of their walls for a time.

I use the one with all your party Pokémon floating around, and when you poke them it tells you how happy they are!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Breeding, Berry, and Friend Checker are the apps I'm currently using frequently. Breeding is handy for when you're breeding. (duh!) I plant a lot of berries for contests as well as to trade for the items in Floaroma Town. (the costs are outrageous, but what you get is pretty cool) I leave mine on the Friend Checker because I think it's adorable to see the Pokemon floating around and bumping into each other! (that and when I'm bored I like to lead them around with my finger XD)

Unfortunately since I pretty much only just got my Pokétch and haven't gone back to Jubilife to get the applet you receive after beating Roark, I only have the first few standard apps. But I must say, I really love the Pokémon List and usually default to it, because I don't have much use for the others considering I normally play the game in the house, and therefore have no use for a calculator or digital watch. Well, that and I've no use for a pedometer yet, seeing as I haven't reached Solaceon to breed any Pokémon. I suppose if I feel like it I could record the steps it takes to reach one town or city from another, but it's not really too useful at the moment.

The reason I prefer the Pokémon List at the moment, though... is probably because I like being able to check my Pokémon's health status easily, and quite like some of the cries of my current team. Shinx and Chimchar particularly have really adorable cries.

I don't know what app I get once I head back to Jubilife, but I hope it's the Friendship Checker - I could do with that to track my Budew's happiness for when he'll evolve!

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I'm still amused by the step counter being called a 'Pedometer'. That just sounds wrong.
[quote author=RLRL link=topic=1827.msg17412#msg17412 date=1179772984]
Whats wrong with the term "pedometer" its actually the correct name for a step counter....
[/quote]
[quote author=Gardevoir Master link=topic=1827.msg18508#msg18508 date=1180320566]
Well, "Pedo" is a slang term for "Pedophile," (the proper spelling is probably Paedophile) which is an adult that wants to have sex with children. The inference might be a "Pedometer" keeps track of how many children you've had sex with.
[/quote]

I know these posts are ancient, but I'm a boring old fart :p and just wanted to say that they're completely different meanings and pronunciations :p. Pedometer is from the words "pedo" and "meter", meaning a "foot" or step counter; and the American spelling pedophile is from the words "paedo" and "philos", meaning lover of children. In British English it's spelled as paedophile, making the distinction clearer. Pedometer is pronounced PED-OM-EATER, whereas pedophile is pronounced PEED-OH-FILE.

Anyway, moving quickly on... My most used app is by far the Berry Checker, because I'm a compulsive berry farmer. I hate spending money on healing items when you can get the same effect for free, so grow as many berries as possible. It's very useful to be able to see when berries are ready for farming. I only wish it showed you all the stages of the berry growth so you knew whether you needed to go back and water them already, though :-\.

I also use the Dowsing Machine when exploring a new area, although it drives me mad - I hate when it does the circular flashy thing, because sometimes it means there's a hidden object off the edge of its grid and you need to keep walking, sometimes it means there's a hidden object nearby but on a different level, and sometimes (e.g. with the Suite Key at Valor Lakeside resort) it just means it's being difficult about the exact location of the hidden object and wants you to try every single square. Grrr!

The Daycare Checker and Step Counter are of course awesome for breeding purposes - I hadn't realised it would show the presence of eggs until I saw the egg on the screen. Bonus!

The Friendship Checker is useful if you have a Pokemon that evolves by happiness. Though it seems to take forever for the happiness to go from two hearts to two BIG hearts :-[.

Most of the other apps are pretty pointless. The Team Checker is okay, if I'm too lazy to look at the summary thing or haven't battled for a while. I've used the Digital Watch when I've been playing on the train as it's quicker to look on the DS I already have out than hunting through my bag to find my phone. But it's not amazingly helpful because my DS is a terrible timekeeper, and can end up 10 minutes slow after a week's real time. Apparently, the Marking Map will be useful when I get to the part of the game where I'm hunting those moving legendaries. But the other apps are no use for me, and get in my way.

[quote author=RLRL link=topic=1827.msg17412#msg17412 date=1179772984]
I also did use the kecleon function to turn the pokétch blue, my god I hate the natural colouring. I really wish they hadn't made it black and white, this is a world where you can contain a whale in a small ball that shrinks in size, yet they can't make a digital watch in colour? Sheesh.
[/quote]

Heh, yeah. I wish there was some way to delete apps from the Poketch that you don't want or use. I'm bored rigid with cycling through all the ones I consider pointless. The Obtained Pokemon, Analog(ue) Clock, Link Searcher, Calculator, Drawing Pad and Kitchen Timer are things I will never, ever need to use, and just get in the way when I'm hitting the button ten hundred times to get from Berry Checker back to Dowsing Machine. (Why on earth can't you cycle backwards as well as forwards?!).

B

bl00d555

i always keep the digital watch on because i need to no when my mom comes home

she doesnt want me to play it

My poketch (unless im making my pokemon get jiggy with it 8)) is on the map with the little marker shapes, Like i said if im breeding... its obviously on the breeding application.