• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Most Anticipated...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Dear God is this forum dead or WHAT?!

Guess it's to be expected with D/P taking up all the mindshare in it's own seperate forum, but there's still 3 other games on their way to chatter about....

So, out of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Battle Revolution, which are you most looking forward to?

I have to say, it's a toss up between Ranger and Battle Revolution for me. Ranger's bound to have the solid gameplay and storyline but Battle Revolution's going to have all those extras - the best 3D battling yet, online gameplay, 4th Gen in 3D... And it wouldn't surprise me if the Shadow Pokemon returned AGAIN. (Though I'd love a brand new storyline kthxplz Genius Sonority).

Mystery Dungeon, while I want to play it fully, isn't as highly anticipated for me. I know already what the gameplay is like, and that I'm unlikely to stick with it too well because of the type of gameplay in it but it should be fun enough. I also have no idea when I'll be getting it either, as I'm importing Pearl this month, getting Ranger at the end of October and at some point in the not to distant future, spending a metric truckload of money on a Wii and games for it...

So it's a bit meh on the Mystery Dungeon front for me for now.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm definitely looking forward to all three of them, but I think I'm anticipating Battle Revolution the most.

It's the one we know the least about and the one they could do the most with. The only thing better than battling over the WFC on D/P is battling online with your Pokemon in 3D. Mini-games would also be at their best with the Wiimote. As for an RPG mode, while Colosseum and XD's story modes had their faults (though I found XD a big improvement), I'm at the point now where I wouldn't want them to return to simply a straight battling-only game. Even if it was yet another Shadow Pokemon plot, if it had more wild Pokemon and more side quests it'd be fine by me. D/P'll be giving us our traditional Pokemon RPG fill anyways. I wouldn't mind seeing a return of Battle Bingo and the Battle CDs either, as well as a few more unique battling mini-games.

Don't get me wrong. I want Ranger and Mystery Dungeon just as much as, if not moreso than, most of my anticipated games for the remainder of '06/'07. They're just not grabbing me yet as much as D/P or a handful of the Wii games are.

I'm looking forward to Battle Revolution as well - but for basically the opposite reasons of Katie. I want a straight battler like Stadium. I enjoyed fighting with my friends in glorious 3D, even if it was only the rentals. The minigames were awesome and the Library was really helpful too. I'd like to see at least one more game like that.

Definitely Ranger. I'm totally psyched for Mystery Dungeon in two weeks, but not as much as I am for Ranger in two months. We don't know much about Battle Revolution yet, and while it looks cool, I haven't seen enough to get me REALLY excited about it.

Hmm, I'd have to say that Dungeon holds the most promise for me cause it looks like it'll hold the most mindless gameplay, well. moreso than Ranger which just seems pick-up-finish-and-put-downish.

Can't really comment on those fancy newfangled "Three-dee" battlers as Iv'e never touched one, let alone a Nintendo console in years.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Battle Revolution for me. All the things seen in the GB/GC games could be made so much better with the Wiimote! If it's still in Oore, then whatever, I don't care. I want to fish! (This is probably a really stupid reason, but what the hell, I'm feeling random today ^^) And you never know, we might see anime-stylee battling. Doubt it, but you never know. :p

*smacks board with plastic spork* 'Tis revived...@_@

Anyways, I actually have to say Ranger will be the most anticipated game for me. While Battle Revolution definitely sounds the coolest of the three, I severely doubt my ever getting a Wii, seeing as I have never owned a console like it (I've only ever owned GameBoys of various generations). Since I'm pretty sure I will be getting a DS (if only to play DP), Ranger, Dungeon, and Trozei all seem like good contenders to keep me occupied from late December to February.

Ranger sounds pretty cool, though I still don't know much about it. They stylus-driven gameplay without turns might be weird, since I'm bad at thinking on my feet and playing games where time is of the essence, but exploring another region could be cool. Plus, I like the idea. I also heard that it's a relatively short game, so it seems like a good thing to try and finish before DP.

Dungeon also sounds cool, especially since I could actually get Red now for my GBA, but I dunno...I might get Blue for the better graphics and whatnot when I get a DS for the holidays. I'm in no rush for it, anyways.

So yeah...Ranger...*shifty eyes*