• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Most Anticipated Movies of Spring/Summer

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm on a new-topic binge :p

So... What movies are people looking forward to most for the remainder of spring/the summer months? Theater or DVD releases are both fair game.

I would say that, as of now, Shrek 3, Pirates 3, and Spidey 3 (if it's actually still playing) are the three I have my eye on most. After that, it's the 5th Harry Potter movie, which should be good considering that I'm not expecting all that much (the 5th book is my least favourite of the collection).

I'm sure there are a number of other must-sees coming up, but I haven't been keeping track of movie releases for the past few months. What are you guys hoping to see? Hopefully some of the titles others post will spark my own interests xp

Hmm, I've seen Spiderman 3 and I thought it was a reasonably enjoyable romp, though don't expect much more of it than that. Sitting in the front row probably helped actually, it was all motion sickness inducing like.

My vote for upcoming big (read: large hype) movie has to be Transformers though. I think it's due soon but I'm not too sure. Anyways, I remember them fondly from when I was a kid. Good fun. I doubt the plot will ever amount to anything though but thats the price you pay I guess.

I was all amped for the previous new movies too like 300, that one with the Vikings and Black Sheep (if you haven't heard of this one I suggest you look it up). But I kinda missed the boat on those ones...

Im REALLY looking forward to transformers. I mean, ok im actually scared that it may have actually been done horribly, but at the same time, seeing Optimus Prime and Megatron duke it out on the big screen sounds pretty amazing. Also Starscream looks amazing so I can't fault it =)

Pirates of the Carribean 3 im very looking forward to as well, Johnny Depp is just too attractive for his own good as Jack Sparrow...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Pirates 3, definitely. And the 10th PokéMon movie to be perfectly honest. Or at least its soundtrack. Murr.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
[size=60pt]Spider-man 3[/size]

I wont see any of the other films in the cinema, but I am looking forward to the eventual DVD releases of The Fantastic 4, Transformers, Shrek the Third, Pirates (Well, I want to pick up the set of all three to watch them properly) and the 10th Pokemon Movie.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yep. There's two must sees right there: Transformers and Pokemon 10.

My thoughts on Transformers are basically the same as RL. I'm afraid that the movie could be horrible, but it's still Transformers... Transformers on the big screen... Hell yeah am I seeing that XD

All of the sudden my brother decided to buy Pirates of the Caribean (sp?) 1&2. I watched them both and I loved it. I love how Jack Sparrow runs.

Can't wait for the 3rd one. ;D

Pirates 3, Shreck 3, Spiderman 3, Harry Potter 5, Transformers, The Simpsons movie, Evan Almighty(sequal to Bruce Almighty), Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer, Captivity, Dead or Alive, The King of Kong, and Resident Evil Extinction.

Ah, I just remembered the movie I was most looking forward to. It's titled "The Battle of Red Cliff" and directed by John Woo.

You can get some information here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425637/

Basically it's the story of the battle of Chi-bi. A naval battle during the Three Kingdoms period of China.

I'm a big three Kingdoms fanboy (awsome games on PS2 based on it by Koei) so this one looks huge. I know it's not strictly releasing this summer but it's worth a mention. Oh, and the guy in my avatar will probably be the big baddie.

Yeah, Pirates 3 rocked hard core. Jack was outstanding in this one, and Elizabeth actually managed to appear cool (note, I normally do not like her all that much). Epic final battle, too.

I'm also looking forward to Shrek 3, though I'm going to wait until it comes out on DVD before seeing it.

I managed to watch all 3, 3 sequels this Summer. They were all good, but their endings were somewhat disappointing, especially with Spiderman and Pirates. I don't think there's anything else I'm planning to watch, perhaps Meet the Robinsons and Transformers....

Spidey 3 sucked. >_>

I've been anxious to see Pirates 3 (I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN IT >:( ) even though I've heard it sucked. Johnny Depp is one of the sexiest men alive - and considering I'm one of the straightest guys anyone will ever meet, that's sayin' something.

I've heard there's a Simpsons movie coming out. It'll probably be bad since the series as a whole lost its luster, but I wanna see it for the novelty.

I haven't been keeping up with movies recently >

Well, I look forward to seeing Paprika. That movies animation looks so wicked!

I can't watch these because I don't live in Japan but, I can't wait till the three kiddy grade movies come out cause I f'ing love that series, and want them dubbed soon after X3

I thought Spiderman 3 was good, I enjoyed it(it was long though >>. I was trying not too fall asleep at the end)

Since I saw shrek 1 and 2, I wanna see 3 but I heard it wasn't that great...

Pirates 3 wasn't that bad... I actually enjoyed it. >_>

I heard Spiderman 3 sucked, so I'm not even going to bother watching that yet. Shrek 3 looks alright, so I might see that though.

(Note to self, by the third movie, all magic is gone.)