• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Most aniticipated movie?

I admit it, I'm copying PaliBlake for his, "Favorite movie of 2008" Idea.

What is the new movie you are most anticipating for the years to come?

For me, it will be the rest of the Twilight movies, and the Avatar: The Last Airbender Live action movie(s).

I read all of the Twilight books and really love them. Also looking forward to seeing Dakota Fanning as Jane. And, also, I absolutely loved Avatar and was very sad when it was over, so I am really wanting to see the Live Action movie they're making of the show in 2010.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Eventhough the movie is probably going to suck on itself based on what I've seen of it, I still want to see the Dragonball movie just to see how (un?)similar it is to the actual manga/anime.

I also want to see The Dark Knight 2. I don't know if they will be able to surpass, let alone match the epicness of what we were treated to this summer, but that is definitely something to look forward to.

Definitely New Moon, which I found out comes out around November 20th.

l_bc5c301ba1ee4df19073209615cf57f8.jpg

Then again, I did see this in a blog. :p Very excited to see Dakota Fanning as Jane and Taylor as Jacob again. ^^

Watchmen, supposedly 2009. As far as I know, there's still a lot of hubb-ubb about this being released and you gets what money.

Aside from that, I can't really think of anything as I don't pay that much attention to films. I do want to know what's happening with the rumoured "Gotham" though.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Ice Age 3 (I think it's coming out in July)

I love one and two so much. Plus the second one saved my life on my Plane journey to Florida a few years back - without it I'd have probably descended into a nervous wreck XD

I enjoyed the first Transformers enough to be slightly interested in the second one, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I did say that I wasn't interested in seeing the first one again, as although I found it entertaining the first time round, I didn't see any re-watchability. But you know, I'll give the second one a go ^^

I will NOT be seeing the Dragonball movie. Ever. They've taken a wonderful concept and ripped it apart... if the trailers are anything to go by

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Watchmen, supposedly 2009. As far as I know, there's still a lot of hubb-ubb about this being released and you gets what money.

Seconded. I actually just recently saw the trailer for it and "Ooo"'d at the potential niftiness, so I'll try to see that one when it's finally out.

Otherwise, my current list of anticipated sports the new Harry Potter movie (because I just see them all regardless of quality), the next Transformers (just for the robots), and... yeah, the Avatar live-action movie. I have as many hopes as I do doubts about the quality of that one, but I'm still really interested to see how it's handled.

Hmm... actually, I'm anticipating pretty well anything upcoming that's Marvel universe-based, lol. Even if I don't always know their origins, I try to catch every one of 'em I can. Can't wait for Iron Man 2 either (which I'd assume is still in production for 2010).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
This year's a fun year for Train-Wreck movies. We've got Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li this week (in America and Japan anyway, dunno about here - haven't seen anything for it) - which is looking to be so bad they didn't even let the critics see it before release; DragonBall, whose ONLY redeeming feature so far is James Marsters (Spike), and even he's having trouble selling his inclusion as a good thing when he's running around as a grey Piccolo in an S&M costume; Transformers 2 - which may be better than the first, but still has Shia Le Beuf in it and will likely still not have enough Big Fuck Off Robots Kicking The Shit Out Of Eachother.

And of course, there's Star Trek. A movie that starts off by rewriting 40 years of on-screen history and almost 100 in-universe years of events just to turn the Enterprise into a floating iPod and have Kirk bone Ahura for no other reason than she's the only woman on the ship that's allowed to talk - not to mention being sucked from the clusterfuck of a mind that is J.J Abrams (Otherwise known as, "Keep Giving Us A New Season And Maybe We'll Actually Answer Some Questions We Asked In The Very First Episode... Or We Probably Wont", or "AAAAARGH, HOLY FUCK, RANDOM BIG MONSTER.... What's The Plot Of This Movie Again?") - this is a movie destined to end up collapsing in on its own ass.

Or, it could be great and Star Trek lives on again. Unfortunately, it has the distinct whiff of "We're going to take everything that was ever good about this series and rape it up the ass". 'Course, plenty of people said that about Doctor Who when they did the new series - and look how that turned out.

As for Marvel movies, this year's a pretty quiet year. I mean, Punisher: War Zone slipped out so quietly at the end of last year, most people still don't even know it ever existed, and this year will probably see the same happening for Mark Millar's Kick-Ass (which isn't all that surprising, it's a franchise that only existed as of last Autumn and was designed purely to have this movie made out of it). There are two new animated titles out this year, the first one being Hulk Vs - which is pretty much just like the comics of the same name - and the other being Thor, which I'd actually really reccomend in preparation for his big-screen debut next year.

Other than that, because of the whole Avengers thing, Marvel have kind have left their cards off the table for this round, leaving only Wolverine to pick up the slack this year. Which isn't a terrible move, considering it's guaranteed to be a smash hit - but doesn't really do them too many favours since it's still Fox holding the reins.

I second both Star Trek and Watchmen, and I'll raise you an Inglorious Basterds.

I've never been much of a trekkie, but this one actually looks kickass. Plus, it's J.J. Abrahms... Actually, it's pretty much 50% Abrahms, 50% awesome looking trailer.

As for watchmen, I read the graphic novel, so It's more or less obligitory for me to go nuts over it. From what I've seen they've done a great job in keeping it authentic to the novel - even the coloring scheme they've used fits well with it.

And Basterds? Well, let's just say if Quentin Tarantino made a movie about watching paint dry, I'd be the first guy to go see it. Tarantino is one of the few writer/directors out there with a clear discernible personal style - You see a clip from a tarantino flick, you know immediately that it's a tarantino flick. And that's just fine for me because I love his style. The great dialogue, the music, the cinematography - heck, even the brutality. ^^

I can't believe I forgot this, though it is mostly because I have no idea when the release date actually is, but Wolverine: Origins. This is mostly because Ryan Reynolds plays Deadpool though.

Wow... lots of movies I sort of forgot about. But to get the list started: Watchmen, Star Trek, Wolverine, Harry Potter, Avatar, Monsters vs Aliens, Fast and Furious (hoping that it doesn't suck), Angels and Demons (because the whole mystery solving element is rather intriguing to me), Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (because the first one was awesome), UP (because I will watch just about anything Pixar puts out), Transformers (for much the same reasons as Doctor Oak), G.I. Joe (hoping to god they don't butcher it), and probably Ice Age 3 also. I doubt I will actually get to see all of these in the theater, but those are the ones I know about that look fairly good.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Obviously I wasn't thinking about all the movies that have been anounced the first time I posted.*adds Watchmen and Wolverine to the list because of how awesome they will most likely be* I'll also see Harry Potter because it's a great series (both movie and book)

As long as Kristin Kreuk can perform a poorly cgi-rendered/invisibly wired spinning bird kick (or even more preferably a Kikkou Shou, I'll be fairly happy with the Street Fighter Movie. Not content, but fairly happy.

Watchmen though is thus far the only thing I'm looking forward to this year. I'm truthfully going to ignore the fact that its directed by 300's "visionary" director and expect the worst, seeing as how the graphic novel is just too long and too smart to come out on the silver screen in all its glory. Still, that doesn't mean the film will possibly do the book any justice, which as shown by the trailers, is fairly good thus far.

Another Avatar movie I'm hoping to see is James Cameron's Avatar, whose whereabouts and details are so incredibly scarce that the hype built up from it is likely to spawn something fierce on the internet.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Alex - AMEN for frigging Star Trek. (fistshakes at J.J. Abrams). Only thing this fucker did right was Armageddon, and he was only PARTIALLY involved in it.

Young Kirk at Starfleet Academy is one thing that I DON'T want to think of kthx. "This is the boy who'll grow up to be William Shatner."

(shudder)

Mm. I'm kinda looking forward to Transformers 2 - because as much as the first movie was very -eh-, I really liked the attention to detail on the robots. Would be awesome to see more of them. Hopefully this time there will be more robots and less teenage fucking drama.

Seems that a lot of upcoming movies in the next few years are based on anime and manga series. Kinda fascinated by Battle Angel (since the Manga seemed to have an interesting premise. Of course, since it's James Cameron doing the movie, dog knows WHAT will happen to it).

Also wondering who the fuck gave these people at Hollywood the rights to Akira, and why in the name of all hell Leonardo DiCaprio in a starring role. >>;;

Also what's with all those upcoming projects designed to destroy our childhood franchises? Seriously. Thundercats? G.I. Joe? The frigging A-TEAM?!

Honestly, Hollywood. >>;

Holy crap! There doing live action Akira? Nuh-uh. Akira is the GOD of all anime movies. It should never be made live action!

*ahem* Anyway, I'm looking forward to many movies between now and the end of 2011, mostly based on anime shows, that I hope the don't butcher the series. First is Star Trek and Dragonball. They're both most likely going to suck, but I'll see them both, since I've always been a fan of both series, hoping that they'll be at least worth admission. Next is Wolverine and Watchmen. I've heard alot of good things about Watchmen, and since it deals with Super Heroes, I'm interested. Wolverine is my fave hero, and as long as they don't get the same douche who directed X3, it should be interesting. Now Street Fighter and G.I. Joe. Street Fighter attempted a movie in the 90's. It reeked of suck. But from what I've seen of the trailers, it looks pretty good. And GI Joe.....I thought my friends were kidding til I saw the ad during the Super Bowl. The trailer looked cool, but I still said, almost whimpering (lol) "Th-they were serious?!". Transformers 2. I liked the first one a whole lot...lets hope Revenge of the Fallen is as cool as #1. Now, lets get away from anime and comic based movies. For now, I'm interested in Up and Monsters VS Aliens. They both look like comedic masterpieces. Wall-E was great, probably Pixar's second best film (Ratatouille being first.) so I hope Pixar does good. MVA....I was in love with the Kung Fu Panda movie. It was Dreamworks best movie since Shrek 2. Monsters vs. Aliens looks as good, if not better than KFP. Back to anime,.....AVATAR! I'm hoping it'll be as good as the series. My friend Arhen actually sent in audition tape for Zuko. LOL And finally, the CGI version of Astro Boy. Yes, Japan's Mickey Mouse.If seen one ep of the first gen Astro Boy series, and, while it was corny for being a 20s/30s cartoon, I loved it. I've seen the whole Astro Boy Gen 3 series, and that was more epic. I'm hoping to see a CGI battle between Astro and Atlas.

EDIT: I just saw the trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last night. It is now officially my most anticipated (live-action) movie this year.....I also recently watched the first Twilight movie, and finished reading New Moon. I'm hooked. So I'm also waitng for the New Moon movie.