• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

More Teams?

Pokemon Go is really international, and some people are already 6 or 7 pokemon away, from catching them all.

So its really likely to happen, Gen 2 will come to Pokemon Go. But this leaves 1 question. Will there be more teams? Theres already Team Instinct, Valor, and Mystic. Do you think there will be teams representing Lugia, and Ho-Oh?

The first 3 Teams are based off Domination, but what if other teams will be based off something else?

What do you think?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I feel like adding more teams would make the game more complicated than it already is. I mean, 3 is a pretty good number, any more than that and we'd likely have major power imbalances between teams (not that we don't already, but it'll get worse I'm sure if more teams were added).

Will we ever have a Team Harmony in the actual games? Who knows. But honestly, I'm hoping we don't.

I feel like adding more teams would make the game more complicated than it already is. I mean, 3 is a pretty good number, any more than that and we'd likely have major power imbalances between teams (not that we don't already, but it'll get worse I'm sure if more teams were added).

Will we ever have a Team Harmony in the actual games? Who knows. But honestly, I'm hoping we don't.
Id think it would be team Heart, and Soul. (Game Refrences) But Im hoping there might be a feature to interact with other nearby trainers. The chances are that there will be floods of trainers on your screen.

I second Shiny in this one. Adding in more teams now would mean that those new teams would have pitiful amounts of members compared to the already existing teams, making the whole situation even more unbalanced than it already was. Unless as soon as they introduced the new teams they let everyone repick what team they're on, I don't think its going to work (hell even repicking probably wouldn't address those issues too much either).

Plus, I don't exactly see any reason as to why we would need more teams in the first place. I don't see any problems in having only three teams that adding two more could fix, so I honestly don't think that Niantic would bother.

Well, I've been thinking. There's two versions to all Pokemon games! Right? (Excluding Rangers and all those stuff.) Maybe not teams but a system that changes your Pokemon?

Back in Pokemon Gold and Silver, depending on what game you were playing, you would get either Needle, or Caterpillar on route 19.

It's obvious there gonna add a trade system. Now to complete the Pokedex you need to trade! It's a must! Jut like in the Pokemon games.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
People literally live in different regions... where there are different spawn rates for different Pokemon. There's literally no need to get a "different version" of Pokemon Go, or a way to implement people catching different Pokemon. Because it's literally already in the game.

Example: I lived in a place where Oddish are oddly common, on top of the Pidgeys everyone find. Not two blocks away at my friend's neighborhood, Doduo swarm frequently, and a Tangela can usually be found there as well. My apartment in Austin always had a Jynx nearby (I've yet to find it) though I've never even seen a Jynx show up on my radar back in my old city. I could go on about my own experiences and the experiences of other people I know, but my point is... you're suggesting for something that's been in the game since its release to the public.

Also, Pokemon nests have rotated once or twice already, so that's another way they changed up the Pokemon you have.