• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

More New 'Mons, Alola Forms and Team Skull Officially Revealed

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Official channels have released another video containing some new information. Most of it is things that we have already seen in the Corocoro leak - but some of it is brand new.

Wishiwashi_SoloForm_RGB_72dpi.png Wishiwashi_SchoolForm_RGB_72dpi.png
Yowashi, revealed through the Corocoro leak, has been given the English name Wishiwashi and the classification of the Small Fry Pokémon. It is indeed quite small and frail - but under certain conditions, its Schooling ability allows it to transform into its School Form when it is sent out - which presumably makes it much more powerful and not just larger. The exact conditions have not yet been revealed - though according to the trailer, a certain Level is required. A Japanese trailer seems to also suggest that when A Wishiwashi school is hit - or at least dropped down beyond a certain HP value, the school dissipates and leaves the Solo Form fish to fend for itself. Good help is so hard to trawl for these days.

Pyukumuku_RGB_72dpi.png
Moving away from the fish but still into sea creature territories, we have Pyukumuku - a [type]water[/type]-type Sea Cucumber Pokémon with a tongue-twister name, some incredible obsessive-compulsive disorder about returning to their favorite spot - and much like their real life counterparts, a penchant for defensive self-evisceration. Pyukumuku's ability, Innards Out, allows it to deliver one final hit to an opponent that makes it faint - by expelling its fist-shaped innards and punching the opponent with them. The damage it does is equal to the amount of HP it had prior to being knocked out.

Morelull_RGB_72dpi.png
And on to something completely different, we have a new and bioluminescent Mushroom Pokémon - Morelull, the Illuminating Pokémon. It is a [type]grass[/type]/[type]fairy[/type]-type - a lovely allusion to both the phenomenon of 'fox fire' (the bioluminescent glow of certain mushrooms) and fairy rings. Its abilities are Illuminate or Effect Spore, and it supposedly moves around at night (like Oddish!), communicates with others of its kind by linking their root-like leg-tendrils and emits luminous spores that have a 'Ooh, look at all the pretty lights!' effect on everything else (I'd make the 'magic mushrooms' or 'sounds like a real fun guy' jokes, but they've been done to death). Interestingly, Morelull and Pyukumuku's presence lends further credence to a certain leak that has been circulating for a while, suggesting a mushroom and a sea cucumber as two new creatures (However, other elements of said leak may not be entirely accurate - similar to the Malamar/Meowstic leak situation back in the X/Y days, a combination of truths and falsehoods - but I digress).

These three new Pokémon are accompanied by three new Alolan form Pokémon - two of which were covered by the Corocoro leak.

A-Meowth_RGB_72dpi.png
The Alolan Meowth is a [type]dark[/type]-type with Pickup or Technician for abilties. They were apparently gifted to the Alolan royal family (Insert Kameowhameha Reference Here) as tribute from another region and only few could have them as companions at the time. A life of luxury and pampering has made them very cunning, prideful and selfish - and caused them to mutate into this smug-looking colourswap. Of course, the Royal Family is long since a thing of the past, and the Alolan Meowth population has gone feral - and is now apparently all over the place. You'd think the Alolan people would learn about invasive species after the Yungoos fiasco - but hey, I'm sure Alola didn't need that unique insular ecosystem too badly.

A-Marowak_RGB_72dpi.png
Conversely, the Alolan Marowak - a [type]fire[/type]/[type]ghost[/type]-type with Cursed Body/Lightning Rod for abilities - is a product of natural evolution rather than selective breeding - for protection against the Grass-types common to the region - and apparently their transformation has something to do with their devotion to their partners, allowing them to develop a 'sixth sense' of sort. Oh yes, and that patch on their skull foreheads is a striking surface which they use to set their bones on fire like a match. Apparently they can use their fire-batons to release small fireballs that relentlessly pursue the foe.

... Yeah. Just roll with it.

A-Raichu_RGB_72dpi.png
Lastly is the Alolan Raichu. The trauma of losing the species' adorable ears for what looks like elongated cinnamon rolls, the bleaching of its paw tips and the surgical replacement of its tail with a remotely bolt-shaped smooth fiberglass surfboard has has apparently awakened some kind of a latent psionic potential in the Alolan Raichu, transforming it into a [type]electric[/type]/[type]psychic[/type]-type for some inexplicable reason. Apparently, though, that surfboard-tail is not just looks - the Alolan Raichu's new ability, Surge Surfer, increases its speed when Electric Terrain is in play. Since Electric Terrain is virtually never in play, the exact utility of this ability is unclear - much like the causes for the transformation of Raichu in Alola in the first place. Seriously. Even according to the official site, no one has a clue why it happened - researchers are stumped, and the locals dismiss it as a result of eating too much pancakes, maybe. My personal theory is A: Pooka and B: Shenanigans.

Lastly, the villainous team has been confirmed to have kept their name, Team Skull.

guzma.png plumeria.png grunts_male_female.png
The official site describes them as 'Ruffians' - and apparently, in a sharp change from the previous batch of Evil Teams who seemed to have ambitious plans and schemes... Skull appear to be just a bunch of obnoxious street punks who are mostly in it to make a mess. Their leader is Guzma (the white-haired specimen over there with the melted sunglasses) - who seems very aggressive and not quite stable - and seems to have some form of a past with the resident Professor. The other administrator, Plumeria (who either wears too much make-up or tans with sunglasses on, I really cannot decide), acts as sort of a tough 'big sister' for the rank-and-file grunts, and is rather serious-business about it. I strongly suspect pulverizing these fools is going to be fun - though I wonder - what sort of nonsense will they get up to in typical Pokémon fashion?

Guess we'll find out when these games release. I, for one, am looking forward to it!

WELP, It all looks promising I just LOVE Alolan Marowak and Puyukumuku (Its name is so wierd)

But Team Skull..... they look "ok" but I'll just have to see what are the intentions of them.

I don't know why but I can see SO MANY FAN ART OF TEAM SKULL BEING COMPLETE IDIOTS.

I like it.
Morelull looks neat.
Marowak looks awesome.
Meowth is probably one of Lillie's Pokemon.
Raichu is pretty adorable, and...
I think Hau made up that rumor.
Dude is obsessed with sweets, so...
Wishiwashi Solo Form is pretty cute, it's School Form is badass...
Pyukumuu is wonderful.
Probably on my team, and I'm excited for it's evo.

Oh yeah, and Team Skull looks awesome.
Wonder if they'll have other admins, and what their objectives are.

Team skull: wut? :/
Raichu: i want. also WHAT DO PANCAKES HAVE TO DO WITH PSYCHIC TYPING???
Marowak: your awesome i used to be scared of u but NOT ANYMORE!!!
Meowth: meowth doesen't give a crap... lol
Moreull: i love it.
New pokemon that starts with p: your name is very long.
Wishiwashi: "were sticking together to the end!" gets hit: "RUN AWAYYYYY!!!" lone wishiwashi: "crap."

[Alola Mrowak] is a product of natural evolution rather than selective breeding - for protection against the Grass-types common to the region - and apparently their transformation has something to do with their devotion to their partners, allowing them to develop a 'sixth sense' of sort.

Huh, maybe my theory about this form of Marowak being related to a Marowak's soul refusing to move on and persist in this life might not be 100% speculation. I mean, it sounds like they might being going with that idea at least a little bit, which also sounds like that Aloha Marowak might evolve from a regular Cubone like how it seems a regular Exeggcute evolves into Aloha Exeggutor. I hope that's the case, would make the Ghost/Fire Marowak evolution seem like some sort of special anomaly instead of just something that...happens. Cursed Body is totally going to screw over Physical Choice Band users, hopefully Alola Marowak gets a bit of a stat boost to make it even more of a Tank then it already is.

Wishiwashi certainly has one of the more unique evolutions since Inky, not even changing forms and instead just becoming a swarm (don't get me wrong though, I like the concept a lot). That new Raichu is just screaming for some fan art with it wearing Sun Glasses while catching some waves on its tail (definitely going to draw that later), though its ability makes me wonder if Terrain moves are going to have more usability in competitive play in Gen 7. All in all, Sun and Moon certainly has been a roller-coaster of emotions for Pokemon fans, just about everyone completely loves somethings but absolutely loathes others, while other fans will love the thinks some fans hate and hate the things some fans love (like I absolutely love the new Marowak, but have seen people hate it for, admittedly, understandable reasons).

One thing's for sure, between Pokemon Go and Gen 7, the twentieth anniversary of Pokemon is shaping up to be one wild ride.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Alolan Raichu is so odd but also kinda cute? I definitely prefer the original Raichu, design-wise, but Electric/Psychic could be fun to play around with. The names Wishiwashi and Pyukumuku are so fun to say, I love it :'D

AND I LOVE MORELULL SO MUCH LOOKIT THE FAIRY MUSHROOM <333

I can't get over how funny Team Skull look. Someone at Gamefreak tried too hard for the emo gangsta look, huh? I do like the female grunt's outfit, though. Save for the mask, that looks comfy to wear on a hot, summer day in Alola.

The thing that the same evil team is used in the 2 games,being one important legendary for every one,and another one for a third game...
Kyogre and Groudon as important ones in Sapphire and Ruby/ORAS for example,changing the catcheable legendary,making impossible to get the other one without the other game's legendary catched by trading,and changing some bit of story and the villains,and Rayquaza for Emerald,changing the catcheable legendary that you can get all the 3 by having 3 accounts,and changing the entire story
...makes the game boring because you know what happens if you played the other game...you fight the same team,leader,they try to get the game's legendary,you catch it,etc.
(Im saying this and THIS happens in every pokemon game :V)
I don't know if i expressed me right,but having said that,let's explain the thread

They reveal pokemon that CoroCoro revealed before,2 more that we don't know about,and the villains' images :V.

If you are reading this,congratulations,now,it's only me or Team Skull's leader is relatively like PKMN GO's proffesor?

I want a NX,i want a 3DS,I WANT A MOBILE!

The thing that the same evil team is used in the 2 games,being one important legendary for every one,and another one for a third game...
Kyogre and Groudon as important ones in Sapphire and Ruby/ORAS for example,changing the catcheable legendary,making impossible to get the other one without the other game's legendary catched by trading,and changing some bit of story and the villains,and Rayquaza for Emerald,changing the catcheable legendary that you can get all the 3 by having 3 accounts,and changing the entire story
...makes the game boring because you know what happens if you played the other game...you fight the same team,leader,they try to get the game's legendary,you catch it,etc.
(Im saying this and THIS happens in every pokemon game :V)
I don't know if i expressed me right,but having said that,let's explain the thread

They reveal pokemon that CoroCoro revealed before,2 more that we don't know about,and the villains' images :V.

If you are reading this,congratulations,now,it's only me or Team Skull's leader is relatively like PKMN GO's proffesor?

I want a NX,i want a 3DS,I WANT A MOBILE!
Well on the bright side, theres no gym leaders!

Y'know how the meoths flick their hair that's what girls do right? (that sounded better in my head!) Well when the animu moves on I can TOTALY see Meoth getting a girlfriend that joins them! (Time to ship Meoth and the dark type Meoth! jk I don't ship)

:( Is the Pokemon company giving up on Mega Evolutions!?!?! I am starting to freak out I was really looking for mega evolution for Ninetails or Raichu! :(

:( Is the Pokemon company giving up on Mega Evolutions!?!?! I am starting to freak out I was really looking for mega evolution for Ninetails or Raichu! :(
Well we are getting Alola forms for both of them so I don't think they will be getting Mega evolutions (I would wait two gens before doing so if I were Game Freak)

Omg, can't wait for Sun and moon. Tbh I'm gonna get a alolan Marowak and alolan Raichu, they look pretty good :/

Oh and team skull looks like a team of pirates. Lets get real... Tropical islands are probably gonna have pirates, if there were still pirates. Then yeah they are probably your typical bad guy team oraganization "Omfg catch the legendary pokemon. And take over the world" tpe of team. So im not too amazed with team skull. Besides the animations, dayum. Then you think of pokemon red and blue, and say "Pokemon sun and moon anmiations are the best, Jesus...". OH and I swear to god if game freak is getting rid of mega evolutions I will die. They were only in 4 games! (Omega, Alpha, X, and Y.) It's a waste of work if there just gonna have it for 4 games then just throw it away like they did with allot of gen 1 pokemon etc. Maybe they will have it in post game. But it better be in the game, or maybe just a reference like when Zinnia mentioned the multiverse and crap.

But srsly the Hype is real, can't wait!

i guess Hau(i think thats the rivals name) is gonna have the new Raichu,with the trailer showing him with one and the rummer that Raichu ate too many pancakes and Hau love food

Wait,what???

Did you say you just battle Team Skull and Fight elite 4 with only the starter pokemon?IS THAT EASY?

no rivals,no gym leaders,no badges,just team skull and elite 4? O_O

i want that game but i can't,i only have a MD:EOS in a emulator :(
There are island trials instead of gyms this time around...the trial masters...which test you in diffrent ways...then the kahunas...which you have to battle for you to progress to the next island

Reslly you can defeat the elite four with just one pokemon.
Continue dreaming,there's actually impossible that there's a pokemon type that can beat a elite 4's types (depends the region's elite 4 members' pokemon types,but it's impossible with something like a water and fire elite 4 members in one region,as example)

Continue dreaming,there's actually impossible that there's a pokemon type that can beat a elite 4's types (depends the region's elite 4 members' pokemon types,but it's impossible with something like a water and fire elite 4 members in one region,as example)
Ghost / Dark! To be honest I dont know if it changed due to fairy types though. But think of this. You chose Charmander as your starter! You only train him, and no other pokemon! You get 2 HM slaves for surf, and cut. You buy tons of Max Restores. By the time your at the elite 4 youre charizard is at 70!

Maybe Team Skull will have something to do with the strange stones in the japan logos for sun and moon. The Japan logos for X and Y have mega stone symbols, ORAS had the primal stones, who knows what the diamonds in the sun and moon Japan logos mean.

Wait,what???

Did you say you just battle Team Skull and Fight elite 4 with only the starter pokemon?IS THAT EASY?

no rivals,no gym leaders,no badges,just team skull and elite 4? O_O

i want that game but i can't,i only have a MD:EOS in a emulator :(
ACTUALLY, The trial captians are like gym leaders, lmao. Think of it as... The orange islands... 2.0... So there is no league... Yay... Well at least we get something different than, challenging gyms then going to the elite 4, battle the Champ, become the Champ.

Maybe Team Skull will have something to do with the strange stones in the japan logos for sun and moon. The Japan logos for X and Y have mega stone symbols, ORAS had the primal stones, who knows what the diamonds in the sun and moon Japan logos mean.
Think it has something to do with that move thingy going on. Like its the new feature so yeahhh. Or at least thats what I think lmao

Maybe Alola's Type gems? (these that you get in BWB2W2) because they're different colours,and 2 legendary diamonds make Solgaleo and Lunala form-change. (one in every game,obviously)