• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

More Details Surface on Dusk Form Lycanroc

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Additional information (as well as new official art) has surfaced in regard to the new Dusk Form of Lycanroc from a CoroCoro leak and a new Japanese promotional video.

DG83EcwU0AEUhkm.jpg large.jpg
Like the other Lycanroc forms, this one is pure [type]rock[/type]-Type. Its height is 2'07'' (0.8 m), its weight is 55.1 lbs (25 kg), its ability is Tough Claws and it gets both Accelerock (Midday Lycanroc's signature move) and Counter (a move that Midnight Lycanroc learns but Midday Lycanroc doesn't).

The new information also provides final confirmation that Dusk form Lycanroc is an event Pokémon only, akin to Ash-Greninja (and with the same reasons for existing, to be perfectly honest). Dusk Lycanroc cannot be found in the wild and no wild Rockruffs found in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon can evolve into Dusk Lycanroc. The only way to obtain this thing is by evolving a special event Rockruff that will be distributed over the Nintendo Network between November 17, 2017 and January 10, 2018, for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon only (obviously).

The video below is the Japanese promotional video introducing Dusk Lycanroc - both regarding its game and anime appearances.

I have mixed emotions. On the one hand, I love how it looks and the fact that it gets Tough Claws for an ability (and I have a feeling its stats will find a good balance/ blend of Midday and Midnight Forms). But on the other...I really don't like that this is another event thing. I was hoping it'd actually be obtainable in-game through some method and not an event gimmick, but I guess Ash has to be a special snowflake once again.

Ah, well. Either way, just going to have to grab mine at the first chance available and never let it go.

Ash, that 10 year old bastard.

I'm thinking of naming him Cheeto. Or Dorito.
I don't even like chips tho
I can't even eat most of them (being vegan suuuckks sometimes)

I feel like a form like this being exclusive to Ash is making him seem even more like a Mary Sue. Anyone remember during the Indigo League when he was just a normal trainer like everyone else?

Anyways, I'm somewhat curious to see how he'll do in battle and with my team. My Lycanroc in my Sun Playthrough was extremely useful and I wonder how this Orange guy will fare.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
When they release the event for this I'm going to get it and name it Ash Lycanroc cause Dusk Lycanroc=Ash Greninja for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon