• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

More Details On Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo + 2DS Bundles Revealed

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
ByM-f__IMAASCIv.png
A fine day for Pokémon fans today as Nintendo of Europe has been busy making a few quiet announcements related to the latest games, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

First off Nintendo revealed two new 2DS designs will be making their way to Europe in the form of a transparent Red and a transparent blue console. The two will be sold on their own from the 7th of November and from the 28th of November will also be offered as a bundle with a copy of either Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. The two designs remind us a lot of the transparent cartridges that the original Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire had...​
94050_Treecko_Torchic_Mudkip_Group_layersremoved.png

Nintendo also shared details on how they're going to handle the demo for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire in the UK. The demo won't be a straight download from the eShop. You'll first have to get a code from either GAME, Amazon, ShopTo, Smyth Toys Superstores, or via the Nintendo UK store. Once you've gotten the code you can input it to the eShop and download the demo from there.

The demo will hit the UK on the 15th of October and as previously announced any items you obtain while playing the demo can be transferred over to the full game when they're released. The demo features gameplay you won't experience anywhere else and will allow you to Mega Evolve a well known Pokémon who can also be transferred from the demo to Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's a bit silly that they're being so difficult with how people obtain the demo but it's nice that such a large variety of locations will have the codes available. Hopefully we hear news of how North America will be handling it soon, too. ^^

As for the special 2DS units, suddenly reminded of my old purple Gameboy Colour. Even though the sound broke on it (one of my few Ninty handhelds that actually has broken over the years) I should still have it kicking around somewhere...

i dont really use demos and ive only gotten 2 (smash bros for 3ds and crush 3d (crush 3d had a horrible demo. i was enjoying it until i quit when it sent me back to the first level)) but i may get the demo for OR/AS (who knows). i also dont want the 2ds as it isnt a great console. its just a 3ds without the 3d (it was useless in the first place, cant you just turn of the 3d on your 3ds if your kids are using it?) but i like the transparency of this version as it shows all the electrical stuff inside. however im still not going to waste $200 on something i have

WHAT?!>=O I think the 2DS is really cool! I'm playing mine right now! Its awesome, and as well, the 3DS's 3D really hurts my eyes. 2DS = :up::up::up::up::up::up::up:. PS. the transparency is cool, especially how it shows the insides. (I have a Black/Blue 2DS.)

oh, BTW, 2DS is better (slightly) than 3DS (other than the 3D) Kyubeon is right
Bye8)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
The 2DS systems look so old-fashioned I love it XD really wish I could get my hands on one of them~

Just want to say that I bought the Crystal Blue 2DS a few months ago for a relatively great price ($100 for a brand new handheld? Count me in!) and I love it to bits and pieces. I know it doesn't fold and it doesn't have all those cool 3D features the 3DS and 3DS XL have, but they suit my purposes and for such a price, especially when similar 2DSen are around $130, these are great. Definitely made of Nintendium as I've dropped it a couple times on accident and it still works perfectly fine.

Also, definitely prettier than all of its opaque cousins. Sorry ;D