• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Monster Hunter RP (Sign-Up/Discussion)

Do you love Monster Hunter? You should sign up and write mini stories about your adventures.

RULES
  1. Pokecharms global rules apply
  2. Pokecharms general RP rules apply
  3. Posts cannot be less than 5 sentences
  4. You are only permitted to post 2 times a day. 1 post for whatever it is you want to do in the village, another for the job/hunt/request.
  5. Partying is allowed but only a max of 4 people.
  6. You cannot have a random item in your chest unless it has been written that you have gotten and or harvested for the item. (remember continuity matters and its gonna help the character sheet.)
  7. You are not permitted to do a job unless approved by the guild receptionist (me, sorry I know it sounds dumb but it is what it is.)
  8. Once a job is taken it is taken for good. First come first serve. So partying up is definitely encouraged.
  9. You are free to do whatever you want in the village
  10. Romance is allowed just nothing pass sexual territory
  11. Violence is allowed just don't pass gore territory
  12. Swearing is allowed keep it to a minimum though

Hunters guild main policy
The Hunter's Guild and hunters don't exist to annihilate all monsters, they exist to harmonize humans with nature by hunting said beasts. In order to enforce and balance this policy, the Hunter's Guild uses hunters, making them a major part of the corporation.

A Hunters Guild general rule
DO NOT POACH! UNLESS YOU WANT TO BEHEADED BY A GUILD KNIGHT.

Hey welcome to the discussion for monster hunter RP. This RP is gonna be a little bit special. I will not be participating as a character but I will be giving you the requests/jobs and RPing as the npcs. In this RP your character will rise in rank similar to that of the games, and how you go about this is doing quests of course. This will be a character sheet heavy RP simply because it is Monster hunter and Armor/Weapons can be upgraded and changed anytime. Now after I post a few requests/jobs you will have to tell me which one you want and wait till you are approved and then you can proceed to the do the job. Doing jobs is the same as doing RP. As you continue to do the RP I will update your character sheet. And hopefully your character becomes a G rank hunter and fight monsters that are outrageously strong. Also do not worry if the crafting requirements are the same as the game. You will only need one of the said item that's needed for the crafting instead of x amount. And stats will not affect your character, just the traits a full set gives.

If you do not know how the monster hunter RP thing works, the cycle is very rinse and repeat
Gather/collect>Craft >Hunt >Craft armor/weapon > repeat

Pokke Village will give you the services you need to help improve yourself.
  • Amory - Buy & Sell Weapons & Armor
  • Blacksmith - Craft & Upgrade Weapons & Armor
  • General Store - Buy & Sell Necessities
  • Pokke Farm - A place to gather items when not doing a quest
  • Your house - A simple cottage located within the village for you to store your stuff and live a comfy life
  • Training school - Brush up on basics
  • Guild Hall - Your one stop shop for jobs and quests
  • Felyne Kitchen - come here to eat to gain boosts

Picture of Pokke Village
Theme of Pokke Village: youtube.com/watch?v=OIEVRa5QXmc

Note: When starting, your selection of things will not be much, until someone moves up a rank the items will be the same.

Character Sheet
Name:
Head Armor: (Everyone starts with a full set of Mafumofu Armor)
Chest Armor: Mafumofu
Gauntlets: Mafumofu
Grieves: Mafumofu
Weapon: (Pick one and stick with it, also you start with the bone version of the weapon example: Bone Great sword)
Felynes: (You can have up to two little Felyne companions who help you)
Rank: Low 1 star (everyone starts low and as you progress you will be able to take on harder jobs)

Gear Chest: (I will be the one overseeing this tab so do not worry about it.)

Weapon types
  • Great Sword
  • Long Sword
  • Sword and Shield
  • Dual Blades
  • Hammer
  • Hunting Horn
  • Lance
  • Gun-lance (Melee/Range)
  • Switch Axe
  • Charge Blade
  • Insect Glaive
  • Light or Heavy Bow gun (Range)
  • Bow (Range)
Note: Do not worry about specifying your armor to range or not range. Just make sure to have it on your weapons tab.

I will be accepting a few as a test to see if this works out or not so don't be surprised if I put this on closed. Also I will not be posting the link until I at least have 2 people

Last edited: