• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Monotype Cup 2014 - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeman266

2015 Singles Champion
Yeah, it probably wont be an issue. I assume that any cheaters will be banned from future tournaments?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Yes they would, and as stated it's pretty easy to catch people out and prove they have cheated thanks to Pokemon Showdown's replay system.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Considering we can see everyone's teams on the preview screen, we'll know if anyone is cheating types.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
That too, and a print screen can then be sent to me for proof.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I'd also like to state something I said privately to KoL in chat - my slot is potentially up for grabs as I have no problem sitting this tournament out and simply helping the contestants. I have as much fun doing that as actually taking part in the tournament.

That said, I won't divulge my type to someone wanting to take the slot or to anyone else taking part, and am still planning my team for the time being.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I don't remember you saying it to me, but if no-one claims your spot before the deadline I'd rather keep you in the tournament since my setup requires 16 players.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I will be staying in if nobody wants it; I do still want to take part, don't get me wrong ;)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Looks like we've found your replacement Ruko. I'd still make your team anyway just in case a slot opens up and I need you to fill it.

Luxray, I'll be assigning you your monotype now. You have until June 28th to give me all the details for your team.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
That will be up to you and your opponent. The way it's worked in previous tournaments is that you have a week or so to complete your match so you arrange a time with the person you're fighting ahead of time. If you're a chat regular it's as easy as coming in, seeing your partner and saying "Hey, you want to battle now?" and they say "Yup, sounds good!" Otherwise you can always send them a message saying, as an example, "Is 2pm EST on Monday good for you?" If your opponent is in a different timezone they can do the math to figure out what time that is for them and if it's convenient they'll get back to you affirmatively. If not, they can counter offer until you both settle on a time.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Small reminder to @Teapot @Mr.RMA and @Kyubeon that they have just over 24 hours to send me their teams via PM.

Also a reminder to @Ruko that I could do with him preparing a team as well in the event that I need him to cover for someone else.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just a small note: I'm away from home over this weekend, so the battle brackets won't be up until June 30th. Hopefully this doesn't inconvenience anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.