• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Monotype Cup 2014 - Battle Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The table has been updated for the third and final time. As you can probably tell, anyone whose name is in green in the tables has qualified for the knockouts, but in case you're colourblind, the players through to knockouts are:

- Kyubeon
- Ekans
- Dwayna Dragonfire
- Luckii
- Teapot
- Alexxander
- MarethyuX12
- Tangrow

First round matches will be up tomorrow, each match will be a best of three match knockout; first player to beat their opponent twice advances.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The first knockouts are up. Deadline is August 10th.

Best of luck, and remember, it's best of three this time around.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Do we have to report a score this time, and if we do is it how many Pokemon left or how many wins each side had?

Just wondering, does Showdown work on mobile internet because I'm in the midst of changing ISP's and currently have no home internet?

I did mean smartphone x3 I meant go to a Starbucks or something with my laptop when I said hotspot

EDIT: After 2 matches it was 2-0 to me so 3rd match isn't required

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Well done guys.

@Teapot and @Luckii have less than 48 hours to get their match done. You will receive only one more reminder before your match's result is decided by member activity.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Luckii won 2-0 by a mixture of good play and sheer bloody hax. Couple of seriously fun matches :D

Edit: Match results are as Luckii reports below.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Semi-final brackets are now up, you have until August 16th to finish those matches.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Some members have words shown under their username, like how mine says something about phoenix wright and juror and football. That's what a member title is ^^;

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Final is up, you already know what the matchup is, if you can get it done ASAP I'd appreciate it. Please don't take longer than a week.

Third place play-off between me and Dwayna, perhaps?

If she's willing and able, have at it. I'll let the two of you sort it out amongst yourselves.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Congratulations to Alexxander, that makes you our Monotype Champion. Your prize is any forum title of your choosing. If you can't decide on one (or if you'd just prefer it anyway) then you'll be given the Monotype Champion title.

Replays will be up very soon, there is a huge number of them so you'll have to bear with me.

Thank you to everyone who took part, this tournament has been a great success thanks to all of you and I hope you'll all compete again next time. Keep an eye on this board for updates of future tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.