• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Modern TwoKinds RP

Hello, all! If I can remember correctly, this is my second rp here on Pokecharms (meaning this is the 2nd rp I've created). So, let's get down to business. What this is is a Modern TwoKinds roleplay, meaning this is an rp from the popular webcomic by Tom Fischbach, TwoKinds, universe, but in a modern timeline, as to not bore people with not being able to use technology we have today. Yes, magic is still around, but not often used since they've got science (ah, magic and science. the forever at-each-others-throats teams). When it comes to making up a character, it can be either a human, Keidran, or Basitin. These races do have different buffs, though (if anyone were ever to even need them). Humans are more fluent in magical abilities than Keidran. Now because of this, I don't want your human character, if you are to create one, to be completely overpowered (god-like powers, flying, etc. teleportation is fine, but only if you give me a GOOD reason for it, such as a backstory leading up to your ability. the same goes for any other abilities I may have missed). Although, seeing that this is the case, they seem to rely a bit more on magic than they do tech, and because of this, if such an event were to happen that causes their magical abilities to be suppressed or even removed, they won't have a clue on how to operate the tech. Keidrans, on the other hand, although they may not be as magically talented as humans (again, if you want your Keidran character to have magical abilities, give me a GOOD reason as to why that should be the case, maybe a backstory. don't rely on that too much, though.), they are great with technology, and since they don't have any magical powers, if not very weak powers, to "defend" themselves, they can always rely on their "animal weapons," such as claws, teeth, etc. Now don't say you have extremely sharp claws or teeth. Things MUST have logic in this rp, so if it's something like a fox/wolf Keidran, make it make sense (don't make them have really long/sharp claws/teeth, etc). Cat (or others of the family) Keidrans, however, do naturally have sharp teeth and claws, but not too sharp, please (not razorblade sharp). And yes, a Keidran can teach a human how to operate the devices, and humans can teach Keidrans how to use magic. Although it may be difficult for Keidran to learn magic, it's still possible. Basitins do not know any magic whatsoever, nor do they possess the ability to learn magic, so don't ask. The same rule for tech for Keidrans apply for Basitins. Aside from this limits, feel free to design your character however you want.

AND, to add to the variety in characters just a bit, I'm giving you all option to claim a preexisting character from the comic itself! (If any admins have any problems with this, just let me know, and I'll change it accordingly!) The list of characters will be below, and will also be updated as frequently as possible. Depending on how many people want to claim them. When it comes to Raine (who can switch between both at will in this point in time), however, she was originally introduced as a human, so she can be found in the human category. I will only give the role of "Tom" to someone whom I trust will make the character act as he does in the comic, which is a bit broad as he doesn't show up as much. I won't give him away to just anyone. While on the topic, those who wish to claim a character must also make the character act as they do in the comic. Only small alterations to how they act are allowed. SMALL alterations. Take me for example. I'm claiming Zen, and I will be using my own interpretation of Zen, which is still alike to Zen's comic behavior. Small alterations, guys. I do understand if you absolutely have to change their behavior according to the timeline, which is modern, so don't worry about it too much. Just make the changes small enough so that they're still similar to those of the comic. Also, if you're claiming a character, you can choose to make them wear clothes or not. Just say if you are or aren't in the post. If you don't know how they act, then you probably shouldn't claim that character. Here is the list, organized by race:

Humans
Trace: [Nobody]
"Red": [Nobody]
Maren: [Nobody]
Karen: [Nobody]
Raine: [Nobody]
Eric: [Nobody]

Keidrans
Flora: [Nobody]
Laura: [Nobody]
Katherine: [Nobody]
Natani: [Nobody]
Zen: [Me, duh!]
Mike: [Nobody]
Evals: [Nobody]
Sythe: [Nobody]

Basitins
Keith: [Nobody]
Madelyn (Adelaide): [Nobody]​
On another note, I cannot stress the importance of proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization enough. Please use it! If you cannot, then you should probably reconsider becoming a part of this rp. Also, please please please ask to join in the discussion thread! That's why it was made. If you wish to join with an original character, fill out the form below, and post it in the discussion thread also below. If you wish to claim a character, please also say so in the discussion thread, along with an example of what you're capable of as the character (an original piece that you need to think up as you play the role of said character). Also, for the backstories, don't just immediately resort to the stereotypical morbid and dark history (both parents killed). Try to keep that to a bare minimum. Instead, try adding some spice to it; add your own personal flare to your backstory; make it completely original to you. Here are the character forms for original characters:

Humans

Name:
Magic most fluent in:
Appearance:
Clothing:
Personality:
Accessories/Other (optional):
Backstory (Highly recommended):

Keidrans
Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Clothing (optional):
Personality:

Basitins
(Since all Basitins practically look the same, there aren't as many slots needed filled out, such as appearance. You can still add in the appearance if you want. You'll just have to state the obvious, so no fur color changing or anything like that.)
Name:
Clothing:
Personality:

If you'd like, you can also post these forms on this thread, ALONG WITH YOUR PART OF THE RP!! I can't stand it when people just plop down their character forms on the rp thread itself, let alone not add any rp content to it. However, I will make an exception with this one. You may post your character form on this thread with your part of the rp. HOWEVER, that does not mean that you don't have to post it on the discussion thread. You still have to do that. I'm just giving you the option to also post it on this thread so that people reading don't have to travel all the way to the discussion thread. Some may have poor internet connection, you know. It could take them a while for a page to load. So, if I see anybody's character forms posted on this thread with nothing else, despite whether they already posted it on the discussion thread, I will report it. No questions asked.

Now that all that's out of the way, let's get on with the rules!
  1. No bullying! I will not allow it.
  2. Let's keep sexual and mature content to a minimum, please!
  3. Swearing is allowed, but only in small pieces here and there. (No major curses!)
  4. Proper grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc. is expected.
  5. Absolutely, under no circumstances whatsoever, do I want to see any autoing/bunnying! If you don't know what those are, then you should probably stop what you're doing right now, and go read them. For the sake of this rp, and you.
  6. Speaking of which, you should probably open up another tab, and go read the Global Rules and General Roleplay Rules if you haven't already.
  7. Look over these rules long and hard, or until you're absolutely sure you can remember all of them.
  8. Please make sure that what you're doing makes sense, especially if you're using a claimed character. Basically meaning no overpowering abilities. Magic wielders, I'm talking to you.
  9. All in all, just have fun!
Here is the discussion thread!

Now, without further ado, let's begin!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wearing his dark grey hooded tunic, Zen ran around the house in search of people. He searched high, he searched low, he checked every room of the house, and found nobody, and it was a relatively large house, too (practically mansion sized because of the possible amount of characters that will build up over time). He couldn't even tell where his sister, Natani, was for some odd reason. Once he did one final run-through of the house, triple checking to make sure nobody was in the house, he ran and jumped onto the couch. Right as he was about to hit the power button on the TV remote, somebody arrived home. Zen sighed, exasperated.

(This is where the first person appears. Can't wait to see who it'll be! ^^)

Last edited: