• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

MLP: Rise of the Creatures

In this RP will be set in the fourth generation (AKA MLP: FIM). We will be playing as each of the races and pony tribes, except for alicorns. Now here is the story.

Not long after the alliance between the creatures of Equestria formed, ponies started disappearing. At first, no one took much notice, but now everypony knew not to go out after a certain time. But the disappearances still happened. This has everycreature worried and some even decided that it was time to find the culprit. This is their story.

Notes: This RP will only have up to ten people, but I am sure that there will be less than that. I do not want this RP to be overfilled. That is why I have this limited space in place. There will be no reserving spots, you must also know the fourth generation of MLP, as in you watch the show. No non-bronies or pegasisters.

Rules:

• Follow the charm rules.
  • Up to two characters
  • Each post must be at least one full paragraph long
  • I usually don't make it against the rules to cuss, but no cussing. The creatures of Equestria don't cuss. (You can use words that have been confirmed as cuss words in the show, like peeved)
  • Don't make your character a stereotype... It is lazy and if you try to do that, then I will remove you.
  • Unicorns are not OP, in fact, they can only do powerful spells if their talent is magic. Other than that, all they can do is levitation and some spells that have to do with their talent

Pegasus:
Unicorn: Nova Twinkle, male (RenzFlintrock)
Earth Pony: Scarlet Knight, male (Jesuso Christo)
Changeling: Nymph, female (Playfulfox47)
Dragon: Peak, female (Astrapi)
Yak:
Griffin: Spirithaven, female (Astrapi)
Hippogriff: Ocean Breeze, female (Playfulfox47)
Kirin: River Moon, female (BlueMew392)
Buffalo:
Name:
Appearance: (Cutiemarks go here. No clothes on anything unless it is something like a scarf or anything else that won't get in the way. No ponies wearing cloaks while they are running around stopping a villain)
Personality
Backstory:
The Element of Harmony that Best Represents Them:
RP Example:
Name: Nymph (Morning Glory in disguise)
Species: Changeling
Appearance: Nymph is a light green color with a horn on her forehead. Her chest turns into a pink coloring. She has bright blue compound eyes. Her wings are a transparent pink that are in the shape of a dragonfly. Her tail is the same color. In her pony form, she is a light green earth pony (She can add wings or a horn to the base at any time) with a yellow mane with pink streaks. She also has blue eyes in pony form. She has a pink morning glory for her fake cutiemark, representing an insect's love for flowers.
Personality: Nymph is quiet. She still remembers the past of the Changelings and prefers to not talk about it to others. She is shy, yes but she is very caring. Once you befriend her, she is the bestest friend you'll ever have. Just don't remind her of what happened in her past.
Backstory: Nymph was hatched as a grub by Queen Chrysalis, and was raised to fight others. She took part in the siege of Canterlot, one of her biggest regrets. She was one of the first to become reformed after Starlight's speech. She is one of KIng Thoax's biggest supporters and wants to make sure everycreature knew that Changeling means no harm.
The Element of Harmony that Best Represents Them: Loyalty
RP Example:
Nymph glanced around, using her alternative persona, Morning Glory. Ponies seemed to be less jumpy around her like this. Not that she blamed them, Changelings did some pretty awful stuff in Canterlot, some of which she had done herself. She trotted through the marketplace glancing at everything. She liked the pony she made up. Why wouldn't she? She hoofcrafted this pony, everything about her was made just for her. Nymph smiled and nodded to everypony that she passed. Everything was fine here.

Name: Ocean Breeze
Species: Hippogirff
Appearance: Ocean Breeze is a light blue hippogriff with a sea green feathery mane that is in a very loose braid. She has purple eyes. Her beak and talons are a darker blue color. She has a necklace with part of the pearl, allowing her to become a seapony.
Personality: Ocean is a bubbly hippogryph that is excited to see everything and is ready for any adventure. She is very caring and loves to help others out. However, she is very fragile emotionally and will take almost anything said against her to heart. When she is upset, it is almost impossible to have her return to normal.
Backstory: Ocean Breeze lived on MT. Aries until the Storm King came. Then she fled with the rest of her people. After the Storm Kings defeat, she chose to return to the land, not wanting to miss out on the open skys any longer. After a while, she got bored with staying in one place, so she left to Equestria, due to their newfound alliance.
The Element of Harmony that Best Represents Them: Laughter
RP Example: See Nymph
@RenzFlintrock for the villain idea. (Also it is up, better get your character here quick before someone else takes the unicorn)

Last edited:

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Name: Sapphire Jack
Species: Dragon
Appearance: (Cutiemarks go here. No clothes on anything unless it is something like a scarf or anything else that won't get in the way. No ponies wearing cloaks while they are running around stopping a villain) A tall big red Dragon with a big scaron his right eye, he breaths blue fire, his cutie mark is on his right wing, some bright fire with explosions
Personality: despite his appearence, he is actually really nice and talkative, he can be serious when needed tho
Backstory: has a baby , Sapphire Jack was Bullied because of his name and scar, he didn't care tho, because he had loving parents ((i know it sucks))
The Element of Harmony that Best Represents Them: Bravery
RP Example:
As the day began, Sapphire lands in this place called ponyville, why? That was a mystery, he walked around, with the most evil smile on his face, only to.......... buy some milk, after buying the milk, he flew back into his cave for some breakfast ((i am so sorry its so short.. i prefer posting when responding to something))

Name: Starburst

Species: Unicorn

Appearance: His cutie mark is a golden four pointed star with three gems, Red, blue and green. He is mainly orange, with a red mane. (Shades? Like Starburst candies.)

Personality: Most of this will show up in the RP... but he is a serious studier, enjoys doing magic, is sometimes a bit lonely, he doesn’t have many friends (yet), and... that’s all I have for now.

Backstory: He has led a comparatively normal life. When he was old enough, he went to a Magic School and learned a lot. He did not choose a specific branch of magic, however, and so he has not picked a specific job. He works at a fast food restaurant.

Element of Harmony: Magic, I guess.

RP Example:

Starburst trotted down the street. His double shift at McDapple’s had just ended, and he needed to go home and sleep... but he really needed to return some books to the library. His horn was surrounded with a yellow-ish aura as he used magic to open his saddlebags and pull out the books. He flipped through them one last time on the way to the library.

As he entered, the earth-pony at the desk smiled and greeted him.

“Good afternoon, Starburst! Finally returning those books?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

He dropped the books on the counter. He would normally have wanted to chat, but he was too tired. He yawned as he walked back out of the library.

The receptionist was confused. Normally Starburst would have talked for a while, and spent at least half an hour looking through the books. But today he had just dropped off the books and left. Was something wrong?

(Should the restaurant be McDapple’s or McDappletail’s? The owner and manager is Mr. McDapple/Dappletail.)

EDIT:

I may change the character some, due to similarities to Sunburst, a cannon Unicorn... I don’t have time stuffs yet though.

Last edited:
I don't mind.

Name: River Moon
Species: Kirin
Appearance: River's coat is an aqua color, and her horn is burgundy with two dark pink stripes pointing upwards in the middle section. Her horn also has two small branches sticking out on the top of it, and one small branch sticking out on the bottom portion of it. Her mane, tail, and small hairs on her back legs are forest green and are styled normally like many Kirin, that being no curls. Her scale portions (if that's what they are) on her back and face are a normal blue color as well as the tips of her hooves. Her Nirik form is like any other Nirik.
Personality: River is a bit outgoing especially since this is the first time she is out of her village. Always up to see what the world has to offer and to make new friends whenever she can. She is kind and caring towards her friends and is willing to help them out in any way she can. As for her anger, she tries her best to control her temper in order to not turn into Nirik and potentially scare or hurt anyone. In fact, the only time she turned into a Nirik was the incident that forced the village to take the Vow of Silence. Meaning there would be a good chance she would lose control if she turned into one.
Backstory: All her life, River Moon has lived in the Perilous Peaks, where her village is located. Never once did she wonder what was beyond the peaks as she had a good life until the incident in which the village burned down due to everyone becoming Nirik out of anger. Like the other Kirin, she too took the Vow of Silence and was stripped away from having any feelings. That is until Autumn Blaze came along as well as Applejack and Fluttershy and made everyone realize that the way were living was not right. After taking the Autumn Blaze's cure to break the silence, River heard Autumn on various occasions talk about the incredible views she has seen during her exile, which has very much inspired her to go out and see what the world has to offer.
The Element of Harmony that Best Represents Them: I guess Loyalty?
RP Example:
River Moon confronted the leader of the Kirin tribe, Rain Shine, to give her permission to leave the village and be able to travel around Equestria. Although, needless to say, she was very much nervous since this is something that no Kirin, as far as she knew, has ever done. "Please, Rain Shine," she pleaded, "I want to go and see the world with my very own eyes."

Rain Shine looked at River with concern after hearing such a request. "River, you do realize what you're asking me, right,?" She asked, "No Kirin has ever gone beyond the peaks and explore the outside world. Many ponies and other creatures are unaware of our existence. Plus, what if you get angry and turn into a Nirik? Many will think that you're a monster. Are you sure you want to risk that?"

River looked down for a few seconds and then looked back up at the leader. "Yes," she said with a nod, "After hearing about the amazing things Autumn Blaze has seen, I know I want to go out and see many things for myself too. Also, there's Applejack and Fluttershy. If I'm in trouble, I could go to them for help. Please, Rain Shine."

Rain Shine sighed and knew that River wasn't going to stop asking. "Alright, you have my permission," she said with a smile.

River Moon cheered and jumped for joy after hearing it.

"But on two conditions," Rain said, to which River immediately stopped to, "One, you do your best to control your temper. And two....you come visit us." She ended her last sentence with a smile.

"Of course!" River said happily, "I won't let you down!"

Last edited:
Sorry, it is first come, first serve @Astrapi I put that in my first post, if you didn't see. It was in the notes.
Notes: This RP will only have up to ten people, but I am sure that there will be less than that. I do not want this RP to be overfilled. That is why I have this limited space in place. There will be no reserving spots, you must also know the fourth generation of MLP, as in you watch the show. No non-bronies or pegasisters.

Okay, so I was catching up on Season 8 and I realized how similar Starburst, my character, and the cannon character Sunburst are, so I’m reworking him a bit.

Name: Nova Twinkle

Species: Unicorn

Appearance: He is a navy blue unicorn with a lighter blue mane that has strands of yellow. Cutie Mark is a golden, four pointed star with a hollow center. The center has a swirly light blue and purple pattern.

Personality: Similar to Starburst

Backstory: Same as Starburst

Element of Harmony: Magic

RP Example: See Starburst.

D

Deleted member 227971

Name: Peak
Species: Dragon
Appearance:
upload_2019-7-16_7-12-38.png
(I drew that)
She can breathe blue fire. One hand has 4 claws, and the other has 5.
Personality: Peak is rather stubborn, yet kind and loyal, and will do anything to protect her friends. She has a habit of staring of into space, as if she's losing contact with reality.
Backstory: Revealed in RP
The Element of Harmony that Best Represents Them: Loyalty or Kindness
Delphi hesitantly put down every call Crystal made, she decided it would be best not to accept until Syn had calmed down more and he was ready to go back. She had finished the large "blankets" and handed one to Syn, piling up some more leaves and stacking them up while folding them to make a makeshift pillow. It wasn't her first night in the wilderness, but it certainly wouldn't be one she would forget. Delphi pulled the blanket over herself and rested her head onto the pillow, starting to fall asleep.

Name: Spirithaven
Species: Griffon
Appearance: White feathers with tufts of pastel blue, green and purple, more white than any other colour. The cat half of her body is patterned like a Snow Leopard's, yet is shaped like a lion. The tuft of fur on her tail is pale cream.
Personality: Very lighthearted, yet can come across as distant and cold. She loves a joke or two.
Backstory: Revealed in RP
The Element of Harmony that Best Represents Them: Honesty? I don't really know for her

Nombre De Usuario

Previously JesusoChristo
Name: Scarlet Knight
Species: Earth pony
Appearance: He is a white pony, with a crimson red mane and tail, his cutie mark is a paintbrush and a sword forming an "X", he also has heterochromia (search it up), causing his left eye to be bright yellow, while his right eye is crimson red.
Personality: Scarlet can be seen alone all the time drawing and painting, but deep down he also to protect everypony at all costs.
Backstory: Scarlet was born in Ponyville much like everypony he knows, growing up wasn't easy for him, because his mother wanted him to be like her, a painter, while his father wanted him to follow in his footsteps as a royal guard, time came when both his parents passed away without them knowing what their son was going to be, Scarlet didn't want to let them down, and took both professions simultaneously, thus gaining his cutie mark.
The Element of Harmony that Best Represents Them: Loyalty
RP Example: It was a normal day, or so he thought, everypony was looking strange at him, as he went outside for a walk, passing through crowds of ponies, running to avoid suspicion, he was meeting up with his friends in Sugarville, for a quick talk, that's what they said, going there, he noticed less ponies on the way, finally he was in Sugarville,... but his friends weren't there, ponies were looking at him again, he ran to hide, and realized something... did his friends tricked him?

That could happen, but the character would be very young. The Changeling hybrid would not be old enough for the RP, same thing for other creatures. The alliance is new, and everycreature if afraid to do that kind of interaction outside of their own kind.
For Changelings, there is a reason I picked it up, other than me loving Changelings of course. So then I could regulate the rules for Changelings better. Just know, the more powerful the transformation, the more unlikely for it to happen. Unless you just drop all powers for the form. When impersonation comes into play, they do not gain any powers, other than the usual for the species.
I hope that answers your question. If it does not, just let me know!