• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Misunderstanding

Miya watched quietly as Kyran turned to head off to his next class, a troubled expression on her face. She clenched her fists before turning the other way to head to her own class. Eyebrows furrowed, she entered the classroom and slid into a seat near the back, tossing her backpack to her feet. She slumped down, her cheek resting on the desk and her face still twisted into a puzzled frown. What did that mean? Could it be that I'm reading too far into it and he just dropped me off as any normal person would? But the pictures... what if there's something else? Like- Miya sat up abruptly, audibly saying, "Nope!" in a firm voice. The boy next to her looked at her with a startled expression, but she paid no mind to it and rested her chin in her hand. Her cheeks were rosy from the previous consideration as she sighed heavily, rubbing her temples before the class proceeded to start.

The rest of the school day breezed by as Kyran was too busy contemplating the situation he was stuck in. By the time the end of school bell rang, he slung his backpack over his shoulder and walked passed the chattering girls he recognized all too well. He gave them an apologetic "grin" through gritted teeth and said, "I'm not feeling too well, so I'll be heading home early. Could you tell Miya that for me? Thanks." It was a lie, of course, but anything to get him off the topic of Miya would suffice at the moment. He arrived home and collapsed onto his bed back-first. He toyed with a small chain of green lightning around his fingers as he stared at the ceiling, mind still on the whole ordeal from school. Suddenly, his phone buzzed with a text notification from an unknown number, but it seemed that he and Miya were both added into a group chat by the same person. The message wrote "Hey, us girls noticed that you guys haven't gone on too many dates, so we decided to set one up for you! We'll meet at the local arcade, where we'll leave you two to have fun together for as long as you want, okay? Sounds good!" It was almost as if Kyran and Miya were given no choice on the plan, and Kyran sighed with resignation. Quite an ordeal this was, indeed.

The Friday that Miya and Kyran’s scheduled “date” was on came all too quickly without warning. The plan - that neither of the main participants agreed with - was that the gaggle of girls would accompany the suffering duo to the arcade, then explore the nearby shopping district and leave the pair to "like, game or whatever."

At the end of the school day, both halves of the date were quickly grabbed by the girls, who surrounded them as they led them to the arcade. On reaching the building, the girls shoved them in and waved goodbye, then fleeing to the mall a couple of blocks down. Miya hung her head and groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose before putting her hands on her hips. She blew out a breath of air and looked up at Kyran with a blank face. "We could ditch this place and escape, but a couple of them went into the store down the street so we'll be seen," she sighed, glancing around the blue-lit room. Her gaze stopped at a claw machine that housed one of the softest looking bunny plushes that Miya had ever laid eyes on. She blinked for a minute and turned her gaze back to Kyran, clearing her throat. "That being said, got a favorite game here?"

Kyran looked around the arcade monotonously and began walking to the well known punching machine. The record score read 932, and Kyran rested a hand on the top as he looked at Miya. "Well, I don't have any favorites here, but I tend to hold grudges. I'm still pretty pissed at how we tied at camp, so I'll be the one to get a higher score than you this time." He had a challenging glint in his eyes before adding as a wager, "But, if you beat me, I'll get you something here as a reward. Either way, considering those girls, we'll probably need physical proof that we actually spent time here." Looking around, Kyran scanned for a reward, should he lose by some miracle for Miya, and he saw a white plush bunny toy. She'll probably like that.

Miya let out a "tch" before muttering, "Whatever." She opened her side bag, pulling out two dollars and grudgingly giving one to Kyran. With her own, she inserted it into the machine, then tossed her bag aside. As the introductory text read across the screen, Miya wound her left arm up as she did at the training camp. When given the okay by the machine, she sank back a bit before throwing out her arm, contacting the direct middle of the bag with her fist. It flew back into the game, taking a minute to calculate her score. When it did, it read 943. Feeling a small sense of pride, Miya exhaled shortly through her nose before picking her bag back up and slinging it along her shoulder. She leaned against the machine as she awaited Kyran's attempt at the machine.

Kyran stepped up to the machine and inserted the dollar bill he had received, watching as the bag swung in front of him. He took a few seconds to stretch before pulling back once and whipping out a straight lunge. Feeling the bag crumple around his fist, the teen followed through with his shoulders and hips as the bag slammed against the top of the machine. 950. Feeling a sense of accomplishment, Kyran kept it hidden as he turned around and folded his arms. "Well, would you look at that." Although it was rather expected that he would be able to surpass Miya in a game like this, he felt a bit of a qualm at offering a gift to her and abruptly taking away the opportunity. He sighed and made his way past the girl and to the claw machine with the bunny, firing it up by inserting 2 quarters. Kyran quickly scanned the space filled with toys and pinpointed the best location to lower the claw before pressing the button. The claw picked up the bunny with ease and dropped it into the retrieval space, and Kyran took it out before tossing it to Miya. He glanced at her before pointing out, "Remember what I said? We need visible proof if we're gonna get the other girls out of our hair." Though there might have been another reason Kyran did not feel comfortable revealing. What's going on with me, lately? With that, Kyran looked around the arcade. It was a small building with other various attractions like a go-kart track, mini golf, a soccer game where players kicked a felt ball into a Velcro dart board, and more. "Thinking about our little contest just now, maybe we could have a little full competition. We'll see who wins at the most attractions around this place."

Last edited:
Miya caught the rabbit with a hint of surprise on her face. As he explained his reasoning, she stared down at it before the corners of her mouth just barely curled upwards. The feeling of spite she felt seconds ago washed away as she gently put the toy in her bag, though she returned to her unvaried expression quickly as she looked around the arcade. Miya paused for a moment before turning her gaze to Kyran, a competitive glint in her eyes. "Bet I can beat you at mini-golf," she said coolly, already heading over to the activity. She paid the nearby employee for one game, picked out a club, and waited for Kyran to join her. It's probably a coincidence that he picked out the only thing that caught my eye. Or... I'm just predictable. Why am I worrying about this? As he said, it's just for proof. Miya snuck a glance at the little plush, feeling conflicted for reasons unknown to her.

Kyran tilted his head, competitive fire in his eyes mixed with a small crackle of green lightning. A small smile tugged at his face despite his best efforts to suppress it as he followed Miya to the course, selecting a club as well before choosing two different colored balls for them to use. He chose a dark navy one and handed her a lighter blue colored ball before setting his down on the first course, one of eighteen. He glanced back at Miya, his own competitive glint matching hers with equal intensity. "Challenge accepted. Don't cry too much when you lose. though." Kyran redirected his attention to the course before him and swing his club back a short distance, bringing it back to putt the ball along its intended course.

The rest of the date flew by much quicker than Miya had anticipated. They had spent the entire evening keeping tally marks of who won what, and the grand final of the scores just so happened to tie with each other once again. Miya sighed as she skimmed over the piece of notepad paper for what felt like the hundredth time. "Nope, it's definitely an even match," she said, crumpling up the paper and tossing it in a nearby bin. She glanced at the window, fairly shocked to see that the sky was painted orange and streetlights were flickering on. How much time did we spend here? Miya pondered. She then turned to face Kyran once more, sighing again - but much more content than she'd ever felt before. In fact, she'd be lying if she said she didn't have a good time. "Well, we've run out of games here. And I don't suppose you want to spend much more time together," she said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Kyran felt the same way; though he was bent on feeling negatively for Miya, he regretted that the "date" had gone on as fast as it seemed it did. He rubbed the back of his neck and had a disappointed look on his face upon hearing the results of their little contest. After hearing her last comment, Kyran thought for a minute before shrugging and admitting, "I.. don't know, actually." Truth be told, he had enjoyed the time he spent with Miya as much as she did, and though he felt like the date was rather incomplete, he didn't want to do more with her in the fear that she would think he actually liked her. After doing a scan of the outside area, Kyran noticed that the girls who had been keenly watching the two were gone, and he pointed out, "Well, the little posse is gone now; we could part ways if you want."

Conflicted on how to respond, Miya considered her options. If she were to suggest another activity they could partake in, it could give off the impression that she didn't want to be away from him. But she had genuine fun during the "date" and wouldn't enjoy wrapping it up so quickly. She sighed before replying after a moment of thought. "We can head our separate ways, I suppose," she said, feeling a bit dejected about the choice she picked. But fear of giving off the wrong impression was too big of a hurdle for even Miya to overcome. The blonde gripped the strap of her bag tightly before looking up at Kyran, not avoiding eye contact like she usually did. "Thanks for the rabbit," she said, a rare and soft smile displayed on her face. "I enjoyed this 'date' much more than I expected. See you on Monday." She bowed her head slightly before turning and heading out the door, beginning the walk home.

After several minutes, Miya came through the door and stepped out of her shoes. Her brother popped his head from out of the living room, an eyebrow raised. "What's the smile for?" he quipped. Miya immediately dropped the smile she didn't know was still on her face, instead appearing disinterested. "Nothing of interest," she said a bit defensively, heading up to her room. She tossed her bag on the floor near her dresser after removing the plush. Miya studied the toy for a minute before rubbing the back of her head and gently setting it down on her bedside table.

Kyran shrugged, though his mind was swirling with ambivalence. "Cool." On one side, he was relieved that he hadn't shown too much emotion that might have given away any hidden feelings, but on the other hand, he was rather reluctant to cut his time with Miya short. He allowed a small smile to touch his lips as well in response to her gratitude and nodded. "No problem. I'll see you then." The two parted ways as Kyran began the walk to his own home. Upon opening the door a few minutes later, he took a quick, cold shower and laid on his bed after changing into his bedtime clothes and taking out his deck of cards. As he began playing Solitaire mindlessly, he contemplated the past events throughout the two weeks prior to today. Considering his confusion upon seeing himself smiling during the trip, Kyran began to think to himself. Had he just happened to smile because of his enjoyment of the games, or was it something else? If it was because he had been doing everything with Miya, then that would explain today. He set his cards down and sighed, throwing his head onto his pillow. This was a conflict new to him, and frankly, he didn't enjoy it.

A few school days passed and Miya and Kyran continued to contemplate how to approach the unfamiliar contentedness that had grown between them. It was, unfortunately, being proven as unavoidable, for the pair seemed to be unable to get away from each other once again. For instance, at the moment, Miya was boredly scribbling doodles in her notebook across from Kyran, who seemed just as uninterested as she.

The duo was partnered up for an assignment on analyzing stress in students' lives, which was to be displayed on a tri-fold poster board. They somewhat begrudgingly met at the Miya's house after school to get the project out of the way, but little progress was being made due to lack of the slightest bit of entertainment. Miya sighed, resting her head in her palm as she gazed down at her notebook. She knew the material, sure, but had no desire to write down the data. A moment of silence passed before Miya set her pencil down and looked ahead at Kyran. "Let's do something else. We can finish this later," she said, standing up out of her chair and leaning back to stretch her back, receiving a few cracks that eased her.

Although Kyran was surprised at Miya's sudden proposal, he stood up as well with a yawn, scratching his head. "Sure; you have some place in mind?" What's this all of a sudden? Until a few days ago the two couldn't stand even breathing the same air as each other, but now she wanted to deviate from the boring project and do something more entertaining. Although a new thought began to crawl into his brain, Kyran mentally shook it out as he awaited Miya's answer for a potential location. To be honest, he didn't really care where the two went; as long as he could actually move around and not have to sit through such a life-sucking task like the one with which the two had previously been occupied.

Miya thought for a minute before simply saying, "Aquarium." She walked past Kyran and head upstairs to her room, where she grabbed her purse and a jean jacket. Putting it on as she head downstairs again, Miya stepped into her white sneakers and glanced at Kyran, giving him a minute to grab his things as well. Then, she stepped outside and started walking to lead the way there.

The walk there was a bit longer than any others they've had to partake in and had very little communication as usual. After several minutes, the building came in sight and the pair headed inside. Miya paid the worker for the admission price of two, and turned to head to a tank, but paused. I should get him something in return for the rabbit. And just to further prove we're "dating". She turned around and shoved her hands in her jacket pocket. "Got a favorite animal here?" she asked nonchalantly.

Kyran gathered his things in the time that Miya gave to wait for him as the two left for the aquarium. Once the two arrived after a longer than usual walk, Kyran stiffened ever so slightly upon watching Miya pay for the admission for him as well. I should have at least paid for her; she beat me to it. Before he and Miya entered an exhibit, Kyran listened to her question with a raised brow and thought for a few minutes before responding, "Probably the manta rays." That was rather odd. The two hadn't spoken as much during their "work" on the project and the walk here; what was with the sudden question? Shrugging to himself mentally, Kyran brushed off the slight confusion and began heading to the exhibit they had stopped in front of, trusting Miya would follow.

Miya took note of the listed animal, trailing a few feet behind him as he stopped in front of a tank. She gazed ahead at the variety of saltwater fish, examining them with slightly piqued interest. After a few minutes of staring into the glass, Miya wandered off to a larger tank with small sharks swimming around inside. She stood close to the glass, watching the carefree fish swim around. Although she displayed a monotonous and rather uninterested look, Miya was pretty fascinated by the ocean animals. Another few minutes were spent at the tank before the blonde traveled off to some random exhibit a few tanks away.

Kyran watched as Miya excitedly made her way through the aquarium, a minuscule smile tugging at his lips. As she walked, two boys, who seemed slightly younger, eyed her and let out a whistle after she passed, prompting Kyran to stiffen up. He launched a small electric shock at one of the boys' arms, and when the kid flinched and looked his way with confusion, the former fired a glare at the two, green lightning crackling in his eyes. The two kids quickly gulped and retreated from the exhibit, fear in their eyes. Kyran continued to follow the boys with narrowed eyes until they were out of sight and continued to watch over Miya. However, realization of what had happened suddenly dawned on him. Did I just try and stick up for her as if I was her boyfriend? He let out a curse under his breath and shook away the thought as much as he could before redirecting his attention to the girl in front of him, seemingly unaware of what had happened in the past few minutes and fixated on the marine life before her.

About an hour had passed and Miya had led the pair to just about every inch of the building. Before stepping out the door, Miya paused and turned around, walking over to the gift shop. She picked up a stuffed manta ray, brought it to the counter, and paid for it before holding it out to Kyran. “For the rabbit,” she said bluntly, then turning on her heel to head out the door. A cool breeze drifted in the air sad Miya stood in front of the building, thinking for a minute. “I don’t want to go back just yet,” the girl sighed, rubbing the back of her head. This is so weird. Why don’t I feel like getting away from him? Miya glanced at Kyran for a second before asking, “Is there any place you’re interested in?” She stuffed her hands in her pockets. I’ve been more considerate of him today than I’ve ever been... Ugh, I don’t think I like this.

Kyran accepted the stuffed manta ray with a raised brow a shrug, and a brief "Thanks.", though his intention to stay monotonous was betrayed by a slight glow of warmth in his eyes as he looked at the gift. Although the two had stayed in the aquarium for about an hour, Kyran felt that their time together would have been cut short if they went back to work on the project already. Wait, what? I swear, a few weeks ago I was praying for this hell to end, but why am I wanting it to keep going? While his mind surged with a frenzy of confused thoughts, the teen maintained an indifferent demeanor as he listened to Miya's question. "The rec center would be fun; maybe we can join the locals in a game of basketball or volleyball." After his suggestion, he stretched back and scratched the back of his head, still contemplating what seemed like a weird change of heart about Miya he wasn't even sure had even happened.

Miya pondered for a minute, before shrugging and saying, "Sure why not."

The walk to the recreation center wasn't terribly long, and they arrived inside to see a large gym split into several courts. Ahead in the first court was a group of young adults trying to split into teams for a game of basketball. One of the men involved looked around desperately before spotting Kyran and Miya and beckoning them over. "You two - know how to play basketball?" When Miya nodded after a puzzled blink, he grinned. "Alright, both of you can join my team. We're lacking people." Miya hesitantly set her bag down before one of the girls playing stopped her. "Borrow these. You shouldn't play in a dress," she said, handing her a tee and athletic shorts. Miya awkwardly thanked her, head off to change in one of the restrooms, and came back with her hair tied back in a ponytail. The players split up and met up in the middle of the court, where a girl stood with the ball. Everyone put themselves in position as she tossed the ball up. The representative for Miya and Kyran's team outjumped the other team's, and he knocked the ball into Miya's hands. Defense, who wore bright pinnies, hustled down and Miya slowly dribbled down the court, scanning for an open pass. Quickly, she spotted one and passed through the legs of her defender down to Kyran to take the shot.

Kyran respectfully declined a male's offer to change into clothes with a smile and assured the latter that what he was wearing-- a black dress shirt and navy jeans-- would suffice for the game. As the game began, Kyran immediately cut into the inside past his defender where Miya was able to pass the ball to him. Making the easy lay-up, Kyran high-fived his teammates and said, "Good pass." to Miya as he ran back to their side of the court. During the next play, the player Kyran was marking dribbled up with the ball and attempted to fake a shot before passing to a teammate. However, Kyran was able to read the fake and stuck out an arm to block the pass and immediately snatch the ball from the air. He quickly dribbled to the other hoop and scored two more points before running back to his side of the court. As he ran back, Kyran noticed from his periphery a volleyball match going on on the other court in the gym. Maybe Miya and I can join that once we're done here.

About fifteen minutes passed and the entire group took a break before starting the next half. Miya went head and bought two bottles of water from a nearby vending machine, tossing one to Kyran after she made the purchase. Taking a drink, she glanced at the score. 47-22. She let a faint smirk grow on her face as she set the bottle down and stretched out her arm. Soon enough, the next half started after everyone caught their breaths.

Bringing the ball down with only a few seconds left on the timer, Miya stopped about a foot and a half behind the three-point line. Her defender raised his eyebrows and attempted to play tighter on her, but she had already gotten the far shot up. As the alarm buzzed loudly, the shot went through the net with a swish, making the final score 88-40. Her teammates cheered, and both sides lined up to shake hands. A taller boy on their team slapped Miya on the back, saying, "Whew, good shot!" Miya smiled and took a drink from her water bottle before spotting Kyran and approaching him. Promptly, she held out her fist with a confident look in her eyes, not truly realizing how friendly the gesture was.

Without thinking about the past situation or even at all, Kyran extended his fist out as well with a bright grin and a triumphant glint in his eyes, tapping his and Miya's together and holding for a few seconds before drawing back. He polished off the rest of his water bottle, courtesy of Miya before the second half; at least, he would have, had he not frozen mid sip with realization. Kyran had just fist-bumped his nemesis as if they had been friends for the longest time without even knowing it. A slight flush of pink filled his face as he finished drinking his water and tossing it in the recycling bin. Kyran let out a sigh inaudible to Miya as he made his way back to her. Seriously? This is starting to get annoying. Do I like her? I'm pretty sure I don't? But why doesn't it feel like I dislike her? He made a feeble attempt to shake out his confusion as he gestured toward the volleyball game still taking place on the other side of the gym. "You still have it in you for another game?"

Miya would've noticed Kyran's delayed and flushed response, but she was too busy having her own to process it. Okay, that was... that wasn't right. That was kind of really friendly. But... it didn't feel unnatural or anything. Miya downed the rest of her own water bottle in an attempt to cool her burning face. After tossing it, she cleared her throat and responded, "Yeah, I'm good for another round."

Conveniently, the current match came to an end and a couple of players took their leave. Miya approached the players and said, "Mind if we join you?" All eyes stared at the pair for a second before they shrugged and nodded with murmurs of, "Sure, why not." The young woman hosting the match pointed to the pair and told the team they'd both be playing on. "What positions are you two comfortable playing?" she added, crossing her arms. Miya thought for a second. "I can hit in the middle," she decided, receiving a couple of odd looks from the other players. "A middle blocker? And you're, what, 5'5"? If you say so," the lady said with a chuckle. "And you?" she turned to Kyran.

Kyran promptly shook off his stupor from the strange interaction and began to approach the volleyball game after wiping his face with a complementary towel provided by the center. Upon hearing the woman's question, he responded, "Setter."

The game began, and the opposing team had the first serve. A male middle blocker received the serve and bumped it to Kyran, who jumped for the toss. He looked through the corner of his eyes at Miya, who began running up to the net to hit a quick, and waited for her to jump. During the camp a few weeks ago, he had sent the ball to his teammates with pinpoint accuracy and entrusted them to finish the play. Today was no different. Kyran watched for the peak of Miya's swing and set the ball into the path of her arc. Perfect. The ball hit the ground almost instantly, leaving the opposing team with no time to react. Kyran dropped to the ground and nodded at Miya, saying, "Good kill."

Miya pumped her fist in the air triumphantly, ignoring the stunned stares of her peers around her. "Good set," she said plainly, already facing the net in await for their serve to go over.

Not unlike their basketball scrimmage several minutes ago, the set came to an end fairly quickly with a score of 25-12. Miya grabbed her own towel and wiped off her face before already getting in position on the other side of the net. Within a few moments, the second set started up. The serve from Miya and Kyran's team went over and was received nicely by the setter. Miya watched closely at the opposing setter's movements, realizing the tip that was about to be dinked over. Not so fast, she thought, springing up with her hands over the net. Sure enough, the setter's hands swiftly changed and tried to tip the ball over, but Miya's hands were already there to shut it down. The ball hit the other side of the court, and Miya landed with a smirk as the player scowled at her.

The two continued to take part in multiple different sports once the volleyball game was over. Kyran and Miya waved goodbye to the people with whom they had played before deciding to keep playing together at the recreation center, this time competing against each other. They exchanged wins and losses at ping pong, billiards, foosball, and more. Once they were finished playing through all the center had to offer, Kyran returned the favor Miya had paid him during the halftime of the basketball game by purchasing two bottles of Gatorade and tossing one to her. He wiped his forehead with another towel and tossed it into the used towel bin before suggesting, "Hey, you wanna maybe get something to eat now? I'm a little hungry." The proposal was thrown out without thinking, and Kyran stiffened up, trying to hide it from Miya's eyes. What did you just say?! You literally just asked her out, but for real! Although he was attempting to conceal his thoughts with an indifferent face whenever she looked his way, his face slowly began to flush with red.

Miya barely managed to refrain from choking on her Gatorade as the suggestion was asked. Wiping her mouth, her heartbeat sped up ever so slightly. What's that about? Am I just feeling the adrenaline from these matches? Also... since when did we become so buddy-buddy? Miya coughed softly before answering, "Sure, gimme a minute." She retrieved her bag, quickly disappeared to the restroom, and came back in her preppy attire from earlier in the day. Miya found the girl whose clothes she borrowed, thanked her, and handed them over. Then, she returned to Kyran and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "Anywhere, uh, in particular, that you wanna go to?" Miya asked a bit awkwardly, hands in her jacket pockets.

Kyran shrugged as he checked his phone, scrolling for places to eat nearby. "Uh... Korean Barbecue? There's an all-you-can-eat place about a 5 minutes' walk from the rec center, and the ratings seem okay." As he awaited Miya's response, his mind swirled with dread. I didn't really expect her to accept, but why am I actually happy that she did? "Oh, also, there's a cafe right next to it, so we can get something to drink or some dessert afterward." Stop! Suggesting! Things! Don't you have a project to do? At least do that? But, if he was being completely honest, Kyran didn't really want to cut his time with Miya so short. He knew that the two would be able to finish the project easily and head their separate ways afterward, but something in his mind wanted to spend more time with her. What's happening to me?

Miya thought for a second before nodding shortly. "Alright, fine by me," she said, heading out the door. That's fine by you? Wasn't it only a few weeks ago you would've rather died than spend more than a minute by him? Conflicting thoughts tore Miya's mind apart during the entire trip to the nearby restaurant. Soon enough, the pair stepped into the building and were seated at a booth. As Miya set her bag down, she cleared her throat lightly. "We can split the cost if you have no objections," the girl said, already slipping away to grab a plate. She ended up with a salad sprinkled with green onions and gochujang sauce, as well as a regular glass of water. This is so weird... the blonde thought as she sat back down, grabbing the necessary utensils before starting to eat.

Kyran shook his head and instead proposed that he would pay before taking a plate of beef brisket, pork belly, and marinated beef short ribs. He turned on the grill and, after waiting for it to heat up, used his chopsticks to place the ribs and pork belly onto the grill. Knowing that it would take a while to cook on one side, he then used the time to get some sides like stir fried glass noodles with vegetables, white rice, seaweed soup, kimchi, and more. As the two ate, they exchanged casual small talk, though it was surprisingly more often than before, and Kyran, for one, found himself smiling and letting out an ever so soft chuckle every now and then. All previous thoughts of apprehension and regret were somehow forgotten as the teen only focused on spending quality time with Miya, which was most surprising for him.

Miya was hesitant to let Kyran pay when the bill came but allowed him to anyways. "I'll buy dessert, then," she said as she finished up the last few bites of food. Miya let Kyran finish his own food, participating in the light conversation that was breezily occurring between the two. By now, she felt less conflicted and instead decided to go with the flow and 'investigate' these unfamiliar feelings.

Soon both of their dishes were empty, and they slipped out of the booth after Kyran paid for the meal. Miya led the way to the cafe that was barely a block away, entering in and examining the menu. She stepped forward to the counter, requested a table for two, and followed the waitress to their seats. Cutely decorated menus were placed before them, and Miya hastily delved in to see her options. The waitress gave the pair a couple of minutes to decide before returning with a small notepad. "I'll... I'll have a slice of coffee cake with a cup of green tea," Miya decided, handing her menu to the waitress as she waited for Kyran to order.

After looking through the menu, Kyran asked for just an iced Thai tea and an apple fritter. The food arrived, and as the two dug into their dessert, they continued to exchange light hearted conversation, both feeling the same way about the whole change of heart, despite how confusing it still was. Once they were finished, Kyran and Miya agreed to go back to Miya’s house to finish the project, as it was getting late into the evening. Upon arrival, the duo were able to complete their poster quite quickly, and Kyran packed his things in preparation to go home. Before leaving, he turned to glance at Miya with a small smile on his face. “I had a good time today. Take care,” he said as he began the walk home, closing the door behind him.

"Likewise," Miya returned to him with her own smile. She turned around to head upstairs, but paused, taking a moment to understand the trail of events that occurred throughout the day. You went on a date with him without having to prove it to anyone. You literally just went on a date with your nemesis. Why'd you do that? Miya's face burned as she quickly hurried upstairs. From there she took a cold shower in an attempt to cool down her flushed cheeks, did a bit of reading, and crawled into bed. Before she turned off her light, Miya glanced at the stuffed rabbit on her dresser, feeling fuzzy as a small smile crept on her face. But it quickly faded as she realized once again what she was exactly doing. Get a grip. This is Kyran we're swooning over. You don't like him, and he doesn't like you. Feeling torn, Miya sighed loudly and shut her eyes, trying to drift off to sleep. But little sleep did she receive, for the voice in her head argued with her for the majority of the entire night.

Kyran arrived home and, like Miya, took a cold shower. Mentally exhausted, he didn't bother trying to contemplate this unusual series of events and mindlessly played solitaire on his bed and exercised (as if he didn't need more already). After going through his training regimen and a few rounds of solitaire, Kyran read through yet another novel on his bed and scrolled through social media on his phone. Suddenly, he remembered the stuffed manta ray Miya had bought for him in return for the rabbit. Taking it out of his bag, the teen stared at it for a few seconds before putting it onto his desk, a slight smile tugging at his lips. However, he desperately shook out any thoughts of Miya in fear that he stress out about the matter once more. Kyran hurriedly brushed his teeth and washed his face before changing into a tank top and shorts and collapsing onto his bed, slowly drifting to sleep.

Monday arrived and as the weather grew frostier, Miya grew more dissented. Her views on Kyran were spinning wildly away from how she always saw him, and she was unsure if she truly wanted to explore the new sensation or not. Either way, the girl felt more pressured by herself than she had ever felt around the girls that would so consistently pester her and Kyran. As a matter of fact, they still badgered the duo religiously, but it toned down a bit after their first "date."

Arriving at school, Miya was surprised to come across a neatly folded letter in her locker. She glanced around, seeing the sparse amount of students sluggishly making their rounds to their own lockers and classrooms, and promptly began tearing at the paper. Skimming through the letter, Miya felt a pleased smile grow on her face after coming to the conclusion that this was an invitation to join the school volleyball team. The letter spoke that after seeing her playing ability at the training camp, the club would appreciate having her talents join them. Miya would have tried out for the team earlier but found that her studies took away any easy way of doing so. However, Miya didn't have to put in very much effort to get excellent grades anymore, so she decided that the opportunity was one she should accept. Neatly refolding the parchment, the blonde tucked it back into its envelope, then her backpack. From there she shut her locker and traveled to her first period.

Kyran found a neatly folded letter in his locker and unfolded it, carefully reading through the contents before first period began. Seeing the request for him to join the volleyball team, he was rather confident that Miya had also gotten the same request. He knew that the two of them would be the backbone of the team, and although this notion would have sounded arrogant if voiced, it was only made out of practicality. The two of them had the highest vertical and speed, so their reflexes would enable them to dig out any spikes, block incoming hits, and score points easily. The first meeting would begin at the end of the day today, and after a brief introduction to the team, practice would begin immediately. Kyran cracked his knuckles and neck, excited for conclusion of the school day, though he suppressed his feelings. Finally; something I can look forward to during school.

The bell signalling the end of 7th period rang out, and Kyran immediately stood from his seat before heading to the gym. He had been conveniently dressed casually in a short sleeve shirt and athletic shorts, so he was prepared for practice. Looking around, Kyran noted that Miya had not entered the gym, but he paid no further heed to the matter as he stood on the gym floor with other students, waiting for the meeting to start.

Miya arrived at the meeting a little bit later than she would've liked, but her attire throughout the day wasn't suitable for an athletic practice, so she ended up running home and grabbing a spare set of clothes. She walked into the gym - dressed in a white tee and spandex - a couple of minutes before the meeting officially started. The girl took note that Kyran had been invited as well, but made no noticeable shift in her appearance. Makes sense, I suppose. After our stunt at the training camp, I'm not really surprised.

A few minutes passed before the built captain from the field trip walked in, dressed in proper practice attire. Behind him was the coach, a tall man with short, dark hair, and the manager, a junior girl with long, brown hair. The coach held a clipboard with a paper containing different drills on it. Any small talk hushed as the coach cleared his throat, placing his hands on his hips. “Alright, so first things first, we’ve got two players joining us for the rest of the season,” he said, gesturing to Miya and Kyran. “They’ve proven to be worthy players, but treat them as what they are: your teammates. With that out of the way, let’s get started.”

As mentioned in the letter, practice began immediately after the short introduction, and Kyran and Miya were split into different teams. He glanced at her, a competitive spark in his eyes as he challenged, "We never seemed to have a tiebreaker in any of our little matches, so we'll see who's better during scrimmage today. Don't think I'm gonna go easy on my 'girlfriend'." As the two made their way to their respective team on both sides of the court, Kyran got ready for the match to start. Miya's team had the first serve, and it was confidently bumped to the setter by a wing spiker. Kyran jumped to set the ball as two hitters jumped at the net, but at the last second, his hand position changed into that of a dump, and the teen slammed the ball straight down onto the other team's side. He dropped to the ground and allowed an extremely slight smirk to pull at his lips as he turned around and high-fived his teammates.