• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Misunderstanding

@OmnipotentOnion (starts a new thread to avoid finishing previous one)
-
Life at Hemlock High was easy if you were Miya Cony. Of course, having good grades, a pretty face, and dozens of friends makes a lot of things easy. However, each attribute seemed only to bring trouble for the teen, currently cornered by a mass of giggling sophomores and juniors. She stood in the middle of the hallway, facing the horde with an uneasy smile. "So, Miya, the dance is coming up. Who's the special guy?"
"You've got someone, right? Tell us!"
"Spill, spill!"

Miya raised her hands as if it would settle them down. "Ladies, please... is it so hard to believe that I don't have a date?" she whimpered. Each set of wide, heavily mascaraed eyes gazed at her before the lot clamored, "Of course it is! Quit lying and tell us!"

Miya swallowed hard. "Um, alright... Yeah, you guys got me, aha! You see, I'm actually going to go with -" Miya grabbed the arm of the passerby behind her, "- this fella!" She smiled sweetly and looked up at the bystander she snagged. Her smile dropped immediately as she processed the fact that this was no ordinary boy to grab. None other than Kyran Bennett, a male just as — if not more — popular than she, and someone she absolutely couldn't stand. Her hand quickly snatched back off of his wrist and she turned to the gaping group of girls before her. "No, wait, I'm just kid-" but the damage was done as they all shrieked to each other.

"We should've known! The two most popular kids, it's a perfect scenario!" A girl sighed dreamily. Miya's eyebrows raised worriedly as she tried to speak over the gaggle. "Don't worry, Miya! You two are the perfect pair! My, I can tell just how much you two like each other simply standing near each other! Perfect chemistry!" somebody exclaimed, patting Miya's shoulder happily.

The bell rang, sending all of the squealing and giggling females to their respective classes. Miya stood still, staring at the floor ahead of her, mind trying to process the last four minutes with great difficulty.

There was absolutely no way. This couldn't have been happening.
At least he knew it wasn't true, and he was a thousand percent certain she knew as well; the same couldn't be said for the others, however.
Kyran Bennett sat in his chair as the passing period before the next class went by-- though every second felt like a year-- going over what had just happened in the span of a mere four minutes. He wanted nothing to do with this; it was most certainly not something he wished for. And yet, a simple walk through the science wing of high school was apparently more than enough to send him into his personal Hell. Having been "chosen" as Miya's date for the upcoming dance and probably for the rest of high school-- according to everyone else-- was quite possibly the worst thing to happen in his life, and now, the rumors had spread like wildfire. Oh, Kyran is dating Miya! It would make sense; they're the two smartest and most popular students at Hemlock! Wow, they're literally the perfect couple! Kyran hated all of it, and there was nothing he could do to live it down. As he continued to reflect, he buried his head in his hands, wanting all of this to be a dream; alas, this was very much real.

Right after the incident..
(permission given by @kageyama to auto her character during this exchange)

Kyran watched the chattering girls turn the corner and sighed miserably. "Quite the mess we found ourselves in." "Oh really, you think so?" Miya quipped, kicking the wall next to her. The boy looked up at the ceiling and shoved his hands in his pockets; while he may have seemed calm on the outside, his mind was a roaring frenzy of enraged shrieks. "I don't know what to do. The most practical thing to do is go along with this whole lie, lest our reputations change from the smartest to the dumbest for ending a 'perfect relationship' like this. Best case scenario, we act out this charade until the dance is over and the romance rave has blown over, and then we'll both be out of each other's hair." Miya scoffed, this time stomping the ground below her before muttering a curt "Fine," before adding sharply, "But that's the end of it! You better not annoy me anymore after this whole thing is over with." Kyran fired back a retort, saying, "Same goes for you; stop getting on my nerves all the time." Finally coming to an agreement, the two parted ways, heading to their own class that would begin in a few minutes.

Last edited:
If you were to ask what Miya learned in class, her answer would be, "Absolutely nothing."

Despite her disbelief and inner protesting, the day carried on as if the worst possible situation did not occur. Through each passing period, Miya was spaced out and quiet - unusual behavior for the usual spunky female. Lunchtime rolled around and Miya was once again accompanied by the gang of girls from before. Tray in her hand, she headed towards the usual table she sat at, hoping for a moment of solace. However, her feminine comrades had other plans for her. "What are you doing, silly? Go sit with your boyfriend!" Miya almost gagged as one of them grabbed her shoulders and turned her into the direction Kyran was sitting. "I, uh, don't see why that's necessary," Miya practically pleaded. But it was no use as they shoved her a few steps forward, whispering and quipping things like, "Hurry up! He's probably waiting for you!"

The frazzled Miya took a deep breath before walking towards her suspected partner. A very fake smile was plastered on her face as she approached Kyran. "This seat taken?" she said through gritted teeth, head tilted with strained eyes. Several feet behind her was the group of girls, huddled together at a table while they pined over the 'couple'. This situation probably couldn't get any worse than it already is, Miya's inner voice moaned.

Kyran looked up to see a pained Miya standing before him, asking if the seat next to him was occupied. He shook his head and said as cheerfully as his depressed self could muster, "No, not at all; go right ahead." His "lunch" consisted of one singular apple, a meal not nearly as pathetic as his life felt at the moment. He took a bite, chewed, and swallowed before muttering under his breath so as to let no one but his "girlfriend" hear, "I want to die." Even worse was the fact that the next class that loomed before them after lunch was Ability Training, which was a period the two shared.

After finishing up the rest of his apple, he feigned enjoying the time he spent sitting next to Miya, talking cheerfully; most of what he said, however, consisted of:
"I, for one, can't wait for the dancesweet release of death. It's gonna be really fun spending time with you3 hours of sorrow I'll never get back.

Soon, lunch was concluded with the ring of the bell, and Kyran stood up so fast he could have sworn he almost got whiplash. He slung his backpack over his shoulder, waiting for Miya to do the same. Attempting to preemptively justify his action, he muttered, "I have to accompany my girlfriend to our next class, don't I?" The word "girlfriend" was said through gritted teeth.

"Yep, I can't wait to break up with you."

Miya didn't eat. Her stomach was already full of regret, so there was absolutely no room for anything else. Relief flooded her as the bell rang, but disappeared as Kyran half-heartedly offered to accompany her to class. "God, we have to do that, too?" she retorted out of habit. Realizing her slip, she cleared her throat loudly "Haha, just kidding!" she quickly forced. Knuckles white as she gripped her backpack, she emptied her entire tray into the garbage and took a deep breath. Lord, give me strength, the girl cried mentally.

The walk to class was anything but lovely. Miya made several forced interactions to put on a show for the girls that were ogling from a distance. Upon reaching the classroom, Miya hustled in to quickly get away from her dislikeable counterpart. Luckily for her, she was partnered immediately with one of the girly people that participated in the event that ultimately ruined Miya's day - if not week. "Aww, go easy on me, okay?" the girl whined. Miya resisted the urge to shout, "You helped me get into the worst possible situation. I'm going to obliterate you." Instead, she simply giggled and said, "No promises!" through gritted teeth.

Last edited:
Kyran had the same mindset, separating himself from his "girlfriend" as soon as possible. He had been paired with one of his friends, who before the match teased, "You want me to go easy so that you can impress your princess?" In an effort to not knock the kid out then and there, the teen forced a chuckle. "Oh please, you couldn't beat me even if you actually tried. What's the record, 10-0?" With that, he got into a stance as emerald green electricity crackled in his hands. "Let's make it 11."

Matches began to start around Miya and the girl, flaring up the atmosphere greatly. "Let's get started, shall we?" Miya sighed.

Almost immediately, Miya iced the floor beneath the girl with an array of flurries sent towards her. The girl lost her balance pretty quickly, whimpering, "No fair, you've got the elements!" Miya merely smiled, desperately wishing the girl would shut up. She sent out a sloppy stream of vines to attack Miya, but the blonde was quick to duck and sent back her own jet of fire. It quickly encased the vines, causing the girl to yelp and slip back, landing on her bottom with a whine. Miya stood above her and said, "I'm gonna knock you out know, 'kay?" and swiftly punched the girl in the nose. Onlookers whistled as the girl was helped up by one of the nurses on duty.

"No surprise Kyran had a thing for her," a boy murmured to his friend, making Miya feel physically ill for several moments. She closed her eyes and reassured herself, only about a week till we can end this. Just gotta endure until then. Her next match then started quickly as she rose through the ranks.

Fight after fight went on, each one ending in an overwhelming victory for Kyran. As he was finishing up, he overheard one kid whisper to another,"No wonder Kyran had a thing for her." The teen desperately wanted to yell, I don't! It was all just a misunderstanding, I swear. Alas, he continued to fight and win until the final round of the scrimmage tournament. Much to his dismay, Kyran found himself standing face to face with none other than Miya, though it was to be expected; the two were the strongest students in the school. He sighed miserably as a din of teases rang out from the crowds. "Hey, Kyran! Don't beat up your girlfriend too hard!" "Miya, don't go easy on him just because you two are dating!" The teen glanced at Miya as he got into a stance. "Everyone here's pissing me off, so I probably won't be able to hold back." His dark green eyes crackled with lightning as he prepared for the fight to begin.

(short post time yee yee)

Miya was beyond unhappy to stand before Kyran for what felt like the hundredth time that day. Simply looking at him once was already plenty to ruin her day, but now she had to, unsurprisingly, spar against him. The murmurs of their endless love for each other made her blood boil as she once again coated the floor in ice. Her eyes narrowed as she thought, I'm allowed to act distasteful towards him for the time being. Better use it.

Similar to the first girl she defeated, she sprouted her own set of vines. However, hers were thorny and tougher than the latter. A pair of the whip-like plants sped towards Kyran, twisting and jabbing in different directions.

Fighting against one with elemental control would prove to be rather difficult, but with a record of 25 to 25, it was safe to assume that Kyran knew what he was going into. The teen lunged forward, weaving in between the vines with added agility from surrounding himself with electricity, and grabbed Miya’s wrist and shoulder before slamming her down onto the ground. His sudden attack prompted many jeers, especially from his own friends, along the lines of, “Hey! What did we tell you? Go easy on your girl!” Not being able to restrain himself, Kyran barked back, “Shut it!” before stepping back and waiting for Miya’s next move. “It would be more of an insult to my girlfriend if I held back.”

After being tossed down, Miya feigned weakness as the blood-boiling teases started up once again. As Kyran finished hissing to the male that shouted, Miya lunged forward on the ground and sent a low sweep to his ankles, then quickly hopping back and standing back up in a ready stance as she stared spitefully at him. "Aw, glad you're thinking about me, babe," the girl returned with a sharp tone. More whispers drifted amongst the onlooking teenagers. Sharp daggers of ice protruded from the slick layer that already encased the floors, shooting straight up and dangerously.

Jack-knifing back onto his feet, Kyran put a fake sweet smile on his face as he watched Miya conjure the daggers of ice from under him. He clicked his tongue in mock shame, as lightning began to dance around his fingertips. "Oh honey, that was a little naive, don't you think?" Dodging each dagger that shot up under him, he jumped, creating a chain of electricity from his finger tips that encased the icy projectiles, killing their momentum and keeping them suspended in midair. Still off the ground, Kyran did a front flip before hurling the bound ice daggers back at Miya with incredible speed.

"Oh honey, that was a little naive, don't you think?"

Miya almost spat, "Don't call me honey," but the crowd was eating up the exchanges as playful banter. "Guess it's just my nature, sweetheart," she sneered, quickly conjuring a variety of large flame licks around her, sending the ice down to the ground in splashing puddles of water. The flames extinguished and Miya stood there, unscathed. "Amazing, they're both still standing unharmed! Such a power couple," a dreamy sigh escaped from an onlookers lips. Growing stiff, Miya sharply exhaled through her nose, eyes narrowed angrily at Kyran.

At this point, Kyran was just depressed. He wanted desperately to scream, to say, "No! We're not dating!" But if this plan was gonna work out, he had to play along and not start any drama. It was only for a week; surely he would be able to manage. But for now, like Miya, he didn't need to show it too much. Kyran lunged forward, aiming a straight at his opponent's stomach before grabbing her by the wrist and shoulder. He put his foot behind Miya's heel and pulled back, throwing her to the ground and keeping her down with a hand on her shoulder. The coach blew her whistle, signalling the end of the match, and Kyran "playfully" tapped Miya's nose with a finger, a "warm" smile on his face. I want to die.

Several shrieks of adoration rippled among girls watching as Kyran tapped Miya's nose. Even with the wind knocked out of her, all she could think was, Good heavens, do NOT touch me. The match ended, causing a very snappy Miya to choke on her own spluttering protests. She pushed Kyran's hand off of her shoulder and helped herself up, turning on her heel to grab her backpack that was previously tossed aside. "Good match, dear," Miya said with sickening sweetness. The bell rang and Miya instantly made her way to her next class before anyone could protest that she walk with her boyfriend. "I feel nauseous," the girl said under her breath.

Dismissal came after what felt like years and Miya was ecstatic for the first time all day. The doors were in sight before a set of hands grabbed Miya and wheeled her around with a giggle. "You can't leave so early! Your boyfriend's waiting for you!" the girl holding her said. Miya stifled a groan as the girl pushed her to the end of the entrance hall, where Kyran was unpleasantly standing with several girls around him. Miya snorted. Ambushed, were you?

"Alright, now you're both here! Go walk each other home!" a girl said as if she were a commander of some sort. Her finger was pointed to the exit. Miya blinked once before saying, "Well? Let's get going, sweetie." She turned around and started walking down the hall, knuckles white as she gripped her backpack straps mercilessly.

Kyran stood miserably among the swarm of excited girls who insisted that he walk Miya home. Reluctantly agreeing, the teen trudged side by side with his "girlfriend" as the two made their way to their respective home. As they walked, Kyran muttered under his breath so that no one but Miya could hear him, "Once your little posse is gone, split as fast as you can; I go left, you go right. We'll both just go home from there." He sighed with annoyance as the shrill giggles of excited girls behind the two rang out obnoxiously.

"Don't associate me with those blithering idiots," Miya huffed.

After walking aimlessly down a couple of blocks, Miya was starting to get fed up. The high pitched laughter hadn't been ceasing and frankly, Miya was very close to lashing out her ability on them. When Kyran and she, walking in tense silence, reached the third block the giggling grew softer and the area grew quieter. Miya turned her head over her shoulder to confirm the good news, and sure enough, the group of females had dissipated. Blowing out a breath of relief, Miya turned right without saying a word. From there she found her way home with ease despite the unfamiliar detour. Upon reaching her house, she threw herself on her bed without uttering anything to her older brother, who was making a bagel with wild bedhead.

Face buried in her pillows, Miya couldn't help but shed frustrated tears. Everything was supposed to go according to plan, and at the moment, everything was doing just the opposite.

Having turned left, Kyran harnessed his lightning to go home at a breakneck pace. Upon returning, he beelined to his room, taking out any homework he couldn't finish during class, and used his ability to breeze through the assignments. Afterward, he heated up some leftover clam chowder and finished it with a few slices of toasted garlic bread. Kyran then began his daily workout routine, doing a large amount of cardio, pushups, sit-ups, and weighted squats. Once he was finished, he took a cold shower before laying down on his bed, reading a novel until he fell asleep.

The school day began the next morning with the first period teacher making an announcement. "As you all know, starting tomorrow, we will be taking a trip to the mountains. There you all will further hone your abilities through things like sparring and various athletic activities. And of course, what you all are excited for, the formal and dance party will be the conclusion of our trip. It will be 3 nights and 4 days, so be sure to pack accordingly. For the formal, you can nominate a boy or a girl as the king and queen of the event, and they will have their picture taken." Upon hearing the last part of the explanation, Kyran inwardly cursed; of course it was gonna be him and Miya. Who else would it be? This plan of his hadn't been going too well, and at this point, he wasn't sure if he could survive.

By the second day of Miya and Kyran's fake relationship, the entire school acquired the information that they were very much in love with each other. On hearing the itinerary for the trip the next day, girls swooned and fawned over the idea of a dance. All but Miya, of course. Normally, she'd be bubbly about it as well, but the scenario she was in prevented her from even smiling. Sitting back in her seat with her arms crossed, Miya hung her head and mentally groaned. For once, I don't wanna be voted queen. Not if I have to go with that moron. Maybe if I dress ugly they won't vote for me?

Classes trudged along rather slowly, and Miya found herself sitting next to Kyran in the cafeteria once again. And once again, she had no appetite. "They're gonna take our picture at the dance," she said nonchalantly, twirling her fork in gross spaghetti on her tray. Her head rested on her hand as she stared down with annoyance.

Kyran nodded with a dull face as he stared at his half eaten apple. "I guess so." With the two's status in the school excluding their "relationship", it was only natural that they would be voted regardless. He would have been excited about the trip had it not been for the formal, especially with what was going on since yesterday. "I just want this whole thing to be over. At this point, it's not even about you; those little girlfriends of yours keep following me around for the 'gossip' every minute." It wasn't much of an exaggeration. Girls who he hadn't even met kept approaching Kyran, giddily pestering him with questions and comments like, "You and Miya are so cute together!" "How are you guys so precious, I'm honestly so jealous!" "How many dates have you gone on?" Every question he was asked was dismissed with a small chuckle and an unspoken depressed thought.

“I’ve been asked questions I don’t want to repeat,” Miya snapped. She stood up promptly and tossed her tray and the garbage can. The girl returned to the table only to grab her bag. “And I already told you not to associate me with them,” she added coldly, slinging her backpack on and turning on her heel to exit the cafeteria. There were still a few minutes left of the lunch period, but Miya was feeling far too negative to be around the one person she couldn’t stand. Muttering incoherently under her breath, Miya paced down the hallway to her next class.

A few girls slithered over to Kyran, eyebrows raised. “Wow, she looked mad...” they said to him in a disapproving tone, each sharing glances before walking away and gossiping further.

Unable to restrain himself, Kyran sighed and shot the girls a disapproving glance before saying, "Well, maybe if you didn't constantly stick to us like glue all the time, she wouldn't be as pissed. It's not like our relationship found the cure to cancer, so stop swooning at and every single sight of us together." He tossed his unfinished apple into the trash before slinging his backpack over his shoulder and making his way to his next class, which of course was the one he shared with Miya. He had taken a faster route to the Ability Training classroom, so he had made it earlier than the latter. He sat down in one of the chairs and pulled out his novel from last night, reading until class started.

Miya paid no notice to Kyran as she entered the classroom, and took the seat farthest from him. After more people settled in, the teacher announced that they'd all be given a study period as not to pile on homework before the trip the next day. Miya took it as an opportunity to get some well-needed shut-eye, seeing as her evening the other day consisted of stressing over how she'd survive until the next week. Burying her face in her arms, she sighed negatively and closed her eyes.

She woke up when the bell rang, and drowsily gathered her things for her next class. From there on, homework was light and little to nothing occurred - except for the pestering of peers that queried mercilessly about Kyran's and her relationship. The end of the day drew near, and an uncomfortable and tired Miya was ready to bolt out the door before she was dragged over to Kyran to walk home once again. "The same thing as yesterday," she muttered to him with a ticked off tone.

Kyran nodded with a sigh and began walking the route the two had taken yesterday, trusting Miya would follow. When the two had parted ways, the teen went home and began packing his things and formal outfit for the trip before eating a small dinner and retiring to bed early. Because the trip location was quite a distance away, it would probably be best for him to get as much rest as possible.

The next morning, at about 6 AM, Kyran arrived at the school building, which now had several charter buses parked and ready for loading. After placing his luggage inside the lower compartment of a bus, he took his drawstring bag filled with playing cards, a couple of novels, a quick snack, and other things to keep him occupied during the 3 hour drive, and slung it over his shoulder. Kyran then headed over to where a crowd of students gathered, waiting for instruction from the teacher. Luckily, Miya had not arrived yet, so he was safe from the other girls for the time being.

Miya woke up at around four, already double checking her suitcase to confirm it held the necessities. She showered, dressed in a tee and high waisted skirt, and half heartedly ate a piece of toast before gathering her things and stepping downstairs. From there she forced her brother awake and made him drive her to school.

“Later, Hatsuo. See ya in a few days,” Miya said to her brother before shutting the car door and walking over to the charter buses. The bus she stepped into was already somewhat full as she peered for any open seats. A hand shot up and beckoned Miya over with enthusiasm, causing the girl to brace for the worst. Hesitantly, she walked over.

Miya stared at the open seat next to an aggravated Kyran. She slowly turned her head at the girls sitting in front of him, who were all smiling sweetly at her. “We made sure nobody sat by him - just for you!” one of them said. It was quite true, the last several minutes consisted of them barking at people who dared to eye the open seat. Miya blankly looked at the spot. She closed her eyes and took in a breath before sitting down and aggressively shoving her luggage under the seat. She took off her own drawstring bag, muttering under her breath as she tossed it down at her feet. Miya immediately whipped out her phone, desperately trying to find entertainment to distract her.

Kyran had been preoccupied with constantly shuffling the deck of playing cards in his hand, flicking them one by one into his other hand or riffling the full deck from one hand to the other. Because of his attention diverted towards the cards in front of him, he paid no heed to Miya, who had sat down in the previously heavily guarded seat next to him with an exasperated huff. Much to the girl group's dismay, the two kept to themselves, engrossed in their own separate thing rather than each other. Opening her mouth, one girl was about to protest their inactivity before Kyran quickly cut her off with a cold glare. The girl's mouth shut promptly as she slowly retreated back into her seat, saying no more. Before the buses departed, the teacher gave a brief itinerary of what they would do upon immediate arrival to the campsite, which Kyran dismissed as he put earbuds in his ears, playing music on his phone, and once again diverting his attention back to his playing cards.

Relieved to see Kyran's complete disinterest and lack of reaction to her sitting near him, Miya set her phone in her drawstring bag and sank back slightly in her seat. With her elbow propped on the arm of her chair, Miya rested her head in her hand and looked boredly at the floor as the bus took departure.

Soon enough, the three hours ceded and students began gathering their luggage and piling out. Miya woke up from the nap she dozed into and rubbed her eyes, grabbing her things as well and exiting without a word. A bit dazed, she stood in the clearing that the teachers beckoned the students to. When everyone seemed to arrive, they briefly ran through the rules and list of things to do. "As you can see, there are two buildings behind me," the head of the trip said loudly. Sure enough, two dorm buildings stood there with a lunchroom-esque area in the middle. "The cafeteria is in between them, and is where we'll be eating for the next few days." He went on to point out where most of the training would take place, and that the students would be partaking in different obstacle and agility courses. Finally, he finished by pointing out where the dance would take place. With that, the boys and girls split up and head to their respective buildings.

Miya opened her dorm room and stepped inside, tossed her belongings at the foot of the bed she claimed, and sighed with despair. The girl she was rooming with cleared her throat. "If you ever wanna bring Kyran in here, don't hesitate to tell me you want me to leave," she winked. "That won't be necessary," Miya replied immediately, quickly feeling ill. The girl shrugged and raised her hands, and the two began unpacking their things.

After hearing the teacher's explanation, Kyran made his way to his assigned dorm room, having put his deck of cards away and picked up his luggage. Once he had arrived, he set his things down and laid down on the bed, pulling out the novel he had been reading during the past two days. As he read, Kyran occasionally checked the time, which read on the alarm clock set on the nightstand. The teacher had given everyone about an hour and a half to get everything settled and wash up before their first event, which would be an athletic test to measure the students' standings during the trip. Soon after, dinner would be provided before free time until lights out. Luckily for Kyran, his roommate wasn't much of a bother, even with the romantic flair between him and Miya that had ensnared the rest of the school. Dylan Sage was sitting on the other bed, playing solitaire with the cards Kyran had lent him.

As the first tests drew nearer, Miya changed into a more flexible outfit - simply a plain long-sleeved shirt and white tempo shorts. Then, she slipped into her white sneakers and was bound for the clearing.

Several minutes passed before all students arrived at the specified destination. It was explained that six different athleticism-measuring tests would be initiated to rank each student accordingly. To start out the tests, students were split by age group to their respective stations. In Miya's group, the first test was that of the ball throw. Participants were called by alphabetical order of the last name, which put a scowl on Miya's face. Y'see, none other than Kyran was right before her. She grew competitive even just thinking about their last names. The first student called threw the ball rather meekly. The next didn't do much better. After that, it was Kyran's throw.

Stepping up to the white line, Kyran tossed the ball in his hand multiple times, surveying the field before him. Once the calm breeze faded away, the teen reared back before hurling the ball forward with a soft grunt. The projectile flew with incredible speed and height, taking about 4 seconds to land. Once the ball had hit the ground, the teacher monitoring the activity looked at the distance tracker and held it up. 68 meters; the new leader by a wide margin. Kyran casually dusted off his hands as he walked over to the bleachers, avoiding all of the gaping mouths and wide eyes directed at him.

Miya watched as Kyran launched the ball a couple of hundreds of feet across the field. Lacking any reaction, she held the ball in her right hand as she winded up her left arm. Then, she tossed the ball to her other hand and exhaled softly. A soft, "southpaw!" was breathed out by a male. Within seconds, Miya chucked the ball forward with her own small grunt. It soared for a good few seconds before hitting the ground at 65 meters, falling about ten feet short of Kyran's throw. Stifling a dirty look, she whipped around and took her own spot away from the finished participants. Surprised expressions were turned to her as well as the test carried on.

Soon enough, it wrapped up and the students were told that the results would be posted on a board near the cafeteria later in the day. However, each student already knew that Kyran and Miya nabbed the top two ranks. The next category was long jump, something Miya felt fairly confident about.

Having gone on before Miya, Kyran sprinted down the track and launched himself into the air, landing in the sand feet first. His distance was about 7 meters, which prompted a disappointed "tch" from the teen. He sighed and sat back in his usual spot in the bleachers, taking out his deck of cards and shuffling through them nonchalantly. As he did random tricks with the cards while waiting for everyone else to finish up, he pondered the results of this test. I'm probably gonna beat her for this one. While there were most certainly other students in the class, everyone knew that the main competition was between Kyran and Miya, and despite the two's hatred for each other, Kyran had a small sense of respect, considering how consistently she followed him while climbing the ranks of the school. However, at this thought, his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance, rather irked that she had indeed been able to keep up with him.

Miya watched closely as Kyran scored seven meters, which received awed murmurs and stares like the previous test. Miya paid no attention though, and instead stood collected at the beginning of the track. She narrowed her eyes before sprinting forward and soaring out and jutting her feet out. Her heels hit the sand at a little more than eight meters, earning louder awestruck murmurs than her rival. Miya dusted off her shirt as she walked over to a secluded area like her previous one. For a second, a smug glint flickered in her eyes as she walked.

The event came to an end and most students fell far from Kyran and Miya's scores. Up next was the weightlifting test - one that Miya sensed would come a bit easier to Kyran. She sharply exhaled through her nose as the group traveled to the destination.

Although he was surprised at the ranking of the long jump test, Kyran remained emotionless, even when he met Miya's smug gaze. Next was weightlifting, and he was certain that he would get the highest score in this round. When he was the next one to match the bench press with an equal weight to the record or higher, Kyran laid down on the bench after adding enough weight to the bar to equal about 145 pounds, 5 higher than the current leader. The objective was to get ten successful reps at a constant rhythm without a crumpling form, and Kyran was able to bench press the weight easily. He got up with a monotonous face and headed to the waiting area. I probably could've added more weight on there.

Miya finished the bench press with 142.5 pounds, just barely being unable to handle 145. He could’ve gone higher, too, she thought as she stepped away from the bench. This event held scores much closer than the previous, but Miya and Kyran remained in the lead with the top two places.

The next test they were led to was the vertical jump. Once again, Miya felt that secure that she’d take first. Before all of the students was a vertical challenger standing 12 feet tall. After each attempt, the challenger was reset for the next participant.

Kyran walked up to the front of the vertical jump scale, which towered above him. He then squatted down before launching himself upward with an arm outstretched, striking the scale at his highest point. As he landed, he checked where he had hit, and the score came out: 3 feet and 4 inches. Though he was rather disappointed at his score, he paid no regard as he went to the waiting area and watched the rest of the students, having nothing much else to do. Like Miya, Kyran was rather positive that she would surpass him in this test, but he was certain that the number one ranking would go to him in the end. The notion wasn't out of arrogance or pride, it was just the fact that he was simply more suited for most of these tests than Miya was.

Miya stood under the challenger as the bars were reset. For several seconds, she squatted low with a concentrated look in her eyes. Then, she surged up and shot her arm out, swiping at the highest bar she could manage. As she came back to the ground, she turned to see her score of 3 feet and 7 inches - a remarkable vertical for someone of her age and size. The awestruck expressions were ceasing as each student came to accept that the top two ranks would always go to Kyran and Miya.

The fifth test the students would be undergoing was the 100-meter sprint challenge. Before everyone was a long track, ready to be tested on.

As Kyran made his way to his spot behind the white line where the race would start, he got into a ready stance, prepared to sprint all the way to the finish without faltering. A machine was set up at the finish line which would track the students' times. The teacher held his whistle up to his mouth before blowing once, signalling the beginning of the race. Kyran burst ahead of the rest with ease, maintaining a constant lead before crossing the line first. The time was recorded; 10.32 seconds. Upon crossing, the teen slowed down, wiping a small bead of sweat from his brow as he slowly came to a stop. Next was the punching machine, and he just needed to win that to completely secure his victory.

Miya finished the race on Kyran's tail with a speed of 10.56 seconds. These test results are far too close for my liking, she inwardly scowled while wiping her cheek. The final test, the heavy-hitting test, made Miya a bit uneasy. So far the results seemed to prove that Kyran's strength lied in power, and her own strength seemed to major in agility. However, she brushed it off and kept the mindset to hit hard and hit ruthlessly. She stood behind Kyran as she waited, eyeing his back with a mixture of jealousy and spite. Just one more test and we'll be through with this, Miya kept telling herself mentally, a calm and collected expression displayed on her exterior frame.

The way the punch test would be assessed was through the famous arcade punching game, consisting of a speed bag that the player would hit to gain points, and Kyran found this method quite amusing. Once it was his turn, he walked up to the machine, pressed the start button, and watched as the bag dropped in front of him, suspended at the top. After taking a few deep breaths, Kyran wound back, turning with his hips and shoulders, and let out a quick straight lunge, hitting the bag right in the center. As the bag slammed back into the top of the machine, the points on the screen went up for a few seconds, before slowing to a stop at his score. 850 points. Stifling a curse, Kyran narrowed his eyes, showing a small bit of frustration for the first time as he went to the waiting area. Though he had scored higher than the rest of the students before him by a large gap, he knew he could have done better. I should have stepped into it more.