• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Miracles in Memphis (Miraculous Ladybug RP)

"Apprentice to one of the ones in the marketplace?" Najaa began, "Boy, has that place changed since I last came. Much busier now, than it was when Memphis was first built..."

Takhat paled, upon the mention of the marketplace. "I told my guards to wait at the edge for me, while I went to buy a new collar," she said sheepishly, "I wonder if they're worried about where I am..."

She put down the container that held the butterfly."Hmm...Why is it so quiet now?" she asked herself. Then again, she never did hear anything around this time. Imi decided that its time she went out again. So she walked out of her room, and out the door. When she was the two guards near the border of the marketplace, she concluded that her sister or brother must have been there. She entered through another way, so she wouldn't be bothered about being watched. Imi walked along in the market, being waved at by the passerby. When she saw the three, she was surprised. "...Hello!" She said, hoping to surprise them a bit. Her sleeve wiggled, and out came a Peacock. "OH JEEZ!" the tiny thing said. It wheezed for air. "I've never spend so long under cloth!" it added. Florida looked around. "Oh, uh...This is awkward...We're all miraculous users?" Imi asked.

"So that makes two princesses, a magician, and an artist," Najaa remarked, "Not the oddest combination I've ever had, but certainly one I never thought would happen..."

"That makes two of us," Takhat added, "Come to think of it, I didn't know what I was expecting to work with, when I was given my miraculous. But still, now that all four of us know who each other really are, it'll make sharing theories about Hawk Moth easier..."

The princess bowed her head. "Imi, did you see how the prep chef's doing?" she asked, "Father seems to think that Hawk Moth was an evil spirit, and that the prep chef was possessed, so he called in a priest to look at him. Merneith's been given the night off, since she was so shaken by the whole thing..."

"Uh, uh. So lemme get this straight. BOTH of the princesses are Miraculous users?" Aharon said in reply to Imi's Kwami showing up.
"Seems so. Don't be shocked. It happens often."
"Oh. Also. How comes I'm the only guy anyway?"
"Again, happens a lot, don't be worried." Aharon sighed
"I guess." Aharon nodded "Yeah though. It will make it a lot easier." He proceeded to explain what they had discussed about Hawk Moth's identity to Princess Imi.

"Hey, you should count yourself lucky, kid. Now you get to have three beautiful superheroines fight over you"--

"Najaa!" Takhat cried, "Don't talk about me like that! I'm not like my great-great-great aunt!"

"Oh yeah, you're not, that one ran away with a baker's boy," Najaa answered, sticking her tongue out, "And you can't run away from your kingdom, if you wanna be queen, can you, princess?"

Takhat balled her fist. "I have a duty to this kingdom. Running away from my throne is not an option."

Baast and Kiya sighed and shook their heads. After a moment, Kiya briefly looked around. As she had suspected, the Priestess was gone. After a few minutes had passed, Kiya spoke up. "Is there anything else we should talk about before we go our separate ways?"

"I suppose not," Takhat responded, "I wish I had some more productive things to say, but I have nothing to offer, as to Hawk Moth's whereabouts, or identity. For now, I suppose I should go and buy a new collar for real, lest my guards think I've been sneaking off, and return home. I must also find some evidence regarding Hawk Moth's true identity..."

She turned to Kiya, seeing as she lived closest to the market, closest to where any remaining slaves might be. "Keep your eyes peeled for any signs of a miraculous. We think a slave is behind this."

Aharon smiled, and said
"Well, I best be heading off. I'm gonna go try and see if I can figure out some more. I'll try and check the slaves." he ran off. When he was out of the girl's sights, Greya told him
"Man, you have to tell Takhat now. You can spend plenty of time with her now!"
"I swear Greya, if you tell her about my crush on her, I will eat all the food myself."
"I won't, I promise!"
"Good." They walked home, being sure to check any slaves they came across along the way, finding out that none of them were Hawk Moth.

Takhat left in silence, walking straight-backed and narrow through the streets, as she watched for signs of suspicious activity. She was pretty sure that Hawk Moth was a slave, but the question was, which remaining slave could it be? She needed some sort of physical description, both of him, and his miraculous. Though, if it were a large, gods-inspired piece, like the ones she and the other miraculous users had, it wouldn't be hard to miss. The likelihood of it being gods-baseed was highly unlikely, however, unless China had its own gods...

She passed into a jeweller's, and purchased a heavy collar, with a border of pale purple amethyst, which appeared to be set in an up-down pattern, like the body of a wriggling snake. She returned to her guards in silence, stepping onto her chariot.

"Did you find what you needed, my lady?"

Takhat set her horse into motion with a quick thwack from her whip. "For now. Inform father of Imi's return, when she arrives."

"Yes, my lady."

She had saw almost everyone leave, and Florida looked as they traveled off. "Well, that was a...quaint talk." Florida said, breaking the silence. Imi was now walking away from were the four had talked. "Yes, but I should really head off...I can't believe that we were working with each other under our own noses...I didn't know the third one..." She said. "Of course you didn't. But...doesn't this make you wonder...Wha-" Florida started. She was cut off by Imi's response. "No, we are not spying on everyone until we figure out what ELSE they're hiding. That's a punishable offense here, EVEN if I am a royal I need to uphold the law. Not break it."

Meanwhile, back at the palace, Pharaoh Seti was busy organising the order of the day for tomorrow. The priests had had trouble with the prep chef, as the Hawk Moth their master had believed to be possessing him was unlike anything they'd ever come across before.

"It could be an unknown force of Seth," they'd explained, "We'll need to be extra careful. It is important the prep chef avoid any and all stressors for tonight, lest he fall victim to the chaos-causing powers of the vengeful god. His stress over to ight's dinner seems to have been what allowed the possession to begin with."

"Very well," the pharaoh responded, "For now, let him know that he is to rest as much as possible, until I give further orders. If Merneith has not recovered by tomorrow, she is to see a doctor at the House of Life."

The priests bowed their heads. "And, my lord, your son seems to still be upset about the marketplace incident today. Perhaps it would help if you told him whether or not the slave was alright?"

The pharaoh sighed deeply, adjusting one of his thick gold cuffs. "Inform him that I'll be sending men out to collect that slave tomorrow morning, and bring him to the House of Life. I would have done something earlier, but I was busy with overseeing the construction of a new temple."

"We shall, my lord."

Seti sat up, straight backed and narrow, against his stone throne. "And where are my daughters?"

"They left for the marketplace a little while ago," they answered, "But don't fret, my lord, they were with their guards, and no harm has come to them, of yet."

"It better not have," he growled. The death of his wife, Queen Ankhesenamun had been enough for him to deal with. He didn't want to even face the risk of his children dying too.

"I have returned, Father."

Takhat had returned right on cue, it seemed, two guards either side of her. The third had gone to take her old collar up to her room, and put it back on display, while the new one sparkled around her shoulders.

"Takhat," her father breathed, "What on Amun's green Earth would possess you to leave the palace at this time of night? When there's an evil spirit on the loose, no less!"

Takhat opened her mouth, but it hung open for a second, as she searched for an excuse. "I...I just needed to clear my head a bit, Father. That was all."

Aharon had arrived home, only to decide to go do some more training. He couldn't sleep. He had been through too much that day, so he decided to do some more training just outside his house, trying to figure out some of his attack strategies, he said to Greya
"Hey Greya, am I doing this right?"
"Meh."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Close enough."
"Aw, man." He decided to go to sleep in his home for the night, allowing Greya to sleep with him.

Kiya managed to get home without getting in trouble. As soon as she got into her room, Baast popped out of Kiya's sleeve. The Egyptian Mau kwami immediately started to explore her new surroundings. Kiya smiled at the kwami's eagerness to explore.

"I had my guards with me, though, father, so you needn't have worried," she answered, "I...Well, I'm not in the business of making the same mistakes as Mother did..."

Seti bowed his head. Queen Ankhesenamun had been a queen loved by many throughout the land, and she loved her people equally as much back. So much so, that she'd rarely left the palace with guards, foolishly believing that there wasn't a soul in Egypt who'd dare hurt her--Her sheltered upbringing had meant that she was rather naïve, and almost foolishly unaware of the dangers of the world. She'd put her trust in her people, and one of them had repaid her by slashing her throat in the night.

"I know you aren't, Takhat," he sighed, "But you have been known to wander off out of sight on occasion. We can't have that."

"I know, Father," she responded simply.

"Come to think of it, where has your sister gotten off to?" Seti added, "She mustn't stay out much later. Midnight will soon fall."

"I'm sure she will return promptly, Father," Takhat responded, "I think I should return to my quarters. You said that tomorrow, we had to make an appearance at the House Of Life?"

The king perked up a little. "Yes, yes, I remember," he answered, "You, my children, are to go to the House Of Life tomorrow, and see to it that the rescued slaves are receiving sufficient care. You must be the mouthpieces to my plans to rid Egypt of slaves entirely."

Takhat nodded. Official duties were a lot of work, but she didn't mind them. In fact, she actually rather liked them, as it gave her the opportunity to build a good reputation among her people. She'd need it, if they were to ever accept her as their queen.

"Gladly. It will be a good day for Egypt, when slavery has truly ended," she answered, bowing, before she left for her quarters.

When Takhat arrived at her quarters, Najaa came ot from the mouth of her belt, sitting on the ledge of the window.

"A House of Life visit, for the slaves?" Najaa commented, "Boy, that's a new one."

"Former slaves," Takhat responded, "And we're doing it to let them know that we, their rulers, will support the victims of slavery. We must uphold Father's new law, and once every slave has been released, the greatest kingdom in the modern world will be among the first to not have been sustained on the backs of slaves."

Najaa folded her arms. "Sounds like lots of work. Well, they do say, 'uneasy lies the head that wears a crown..."

Takhat removed her headband. "I beg to differ. The same cannot be said for Abasi, and I'm not sure if it can be said for Imi, but the head that wears THIS crown is unshakeable. I will be a queen someday."

She removed her collar, placing it neatly on its stand. "So I'd better start acting like one."

Imi had finally arrived at the castle, without cart. "Oh god....This is ALOT simpler as a hero..." she said, wheezing for air. Florida quickly followed from behind, and floated around her. "You wan't me to hide?" She asked, making her way to Imi's sleeve. "Yes. Even if my sister knows my...alter ego, father and brother don't know." she replied. Imi straightened her hair, and walked into the castle.

A guard was waiting at the door, standing to attention almost instinctively, at the sound of Imi's footsteps. The Princess was a far cry from the wicked Queen Setka, whom he'd once served under, but he was still not going to allow himself to become sloppy before royalty.

"My lady, you've returned," he said cordially, "Where have you been? Pharaoh Seti's been terribly worried about you!"

"I have been at the market, and I had no transportation. I was forced to walk. Don't act so serious around me. I was completely fine, as I am now." she said. Imi didn't enjoy the fact all the guards acted so...Formal. She walked on farther into the castle, looking for her father. She did remember the guard just said her father was quiet worried of her.

"As you wish, my lady," he instinctively parroted, "He will be in the throne room. He's already given your sister a talking to about going off, unguarded at night..."

Pharaoh Seti, having finished with Takhat, had gotten right back to attending to official duties. He'd just sent men out to the House of Life, to prepare them for the royal family's impending visit. A gods-fearing man, Seti was determined to leave the best impression on his kingdom, and set the best example for his succesors, for when he passed into the next life, even if it meant overworking himself, at times, and being hugely overprotective of his children.

He stirred only slightly, when he heard Imi's footsteps, body wracked by a deep sigh. "Imi, what were you and your sister thinking, going off at night?" he began, "You...Never mind. I suppose it doesn't matter, as long as you came home in one piece. As long as you didn't end up like your mother..."

"It's highly unlikely I'll face the same fate as mother, pa'pa." she said, thinking of all the possible ways she could die. "Yes, it wasn't as bad at night as you think." she added. Imi didn't really didn't want to talk about the incident, so they changed the subject. "Anything of note going on, pa'pa?"

The pharaoh looked over at a nearby scribe, who was furiously jotting down tomorrow's agenda. "At present, the kitchen staff will be without a head chef, and a prep chef for the time being," he began, "Merneith is resting in her quarters, and the prep chef is being seen by priests. Tomorrow, the three of you will be making an appearance at the House of Life, where you must pay close attention to the recently freed slaves. It must be made clear that we, the upper class, will no longer tolerate slavery in Egypt."

The scribe came to an abrupt stop, when the pharaoh finally finished. "I will not continue to allow my kingdom to be made on the backs of slaves, you understand?"

"O-Okay..." she said. "Any thing else before you, uh, how should I say this..." she asked herself. "Blow your top?" she asked, trying not to make it feel like a insult. "Sorry if I've made you mad, pa'pa." she said, apologizing about whatever she had said a few moments ago. "If I made you aggrivated, I can't just go up...to my...room. Is this really not the best time? I haven't interrupted anything, have I?"

"My lord?" the scribe squeaked, not wanting to be on the receiving end of the pharaoh's temper.

Seti sighed, shoulders slumping. "Forgive me, Imi," he finally said, "It seems that I'm having trouble managing my duties by myself. My plans for Egypt are ambitious, I know that, but they are necessary, if I am to repair the damage my own father wrought upon our people. If I am to ever be reunited with your mother, in the next life."

The scribe bowed his head. Pharaoh Atum, and Queen Setka had almost certainly been devoured by Ammut, upon arrival in the afterlife. The two of them were truly the most wicked people to ever rule Egypt.

"For now, I suppose, you should retire to your quarters," he continued, "Tomorrow, you will awaken at sunrise. Your guards will accompany you in your chariots to the House of Life. I, meanwhile, will continue overseeing the construction of the temple."

He glanced back at the scribe. "And I shall have the priests keep a sharp eye out for this, Hawk Moth."

She slipped away to her room, inspecting the moth again. "Hmm. Pa'pa seems mad. I haven't seen Takhat since the market incident..." he talked to herself. Florida came from her pocket. "Relax! You just need sleep to dream it off!" she said. "...Yea. It is quite late." Imi commented. They sat on the bed, and started dozing off. Florida smiled and hid in the room. They then slept.

As usual, the sunrise was stingingly bright over Egypt, casting long orange shadows through the city, and through the palace windows. The priests were beginning their morning prayers, and, as usual, Pharaoh Seti was busy handing out orders to palace staff.

Takhat repressed a yawn as she was helped into her chariot, having spent the last few hours under arrest in her quarters, being tortured with accessories and makeup, but it had been worth it, when she'd finally been shown her reflection. Her eyeliner was perfect. Her light-blue eyeshadow was perfect. Everything from her makeup, to the collar she had on was perfect, but nothing less would do for a princess of Egypt.

She cast a somewhat annoyed glance at Abasi, who'd been even more made up than her, but he again, wasn't pleased with the palace staff's efforts.

"We're visiting freed slaves. What good will it do to have us dress in all this finery?" he complained, "I thought the point of this visit was to show that we'll no longer allow the upper class to take slaves, and that we'll side with the freed slaves instead of them, and we're doing that dressed up like we think we're better than them?"

"We have a reputation to uphold, Abasi," Takhat responded, "We are children of the gods. Father is--"

"The morning and the evening star, the gods chosen king of Egypt," he finished, "I know."

Takhat shook her head. "And as children of the gods, we must command respect for Father's new law against slavery. It's very hard for a person for to command respect, if they don't dress appropriately, let alone us."

Takhat glanced back at a guard. "Will Imi be ready soon? We need to leave, pronto."

"She should be soon, my lady," he responded, "As soon as her servants are done with her."

Meanwhile, the marketplace was being cleared, to make way for the royal children. The House of Life wasn't far from it, so most of the city's working population would be able to see them enter. As such, there was a lot of chatter going on:

"Today, we might catch a glimpse of the princesses themselves! Oh, I bet they're absolute beauties!"

"No, no, I want to see the prince! Oh, what if he looks my way? What if he stops his chariot for me? What if he sweeps me away, and decides to make me his princess?"

"You're all being so spoilt! Today's supposed to mark the next step in getting rid of slavery!"

Aharon, that day, had been one of the magicians assigned to help the freed slaves recover, a task he was very happy to do
"So yeah, don't worry, we magicians(as well as the upper class) will make sure you can return to a happy life, free if slavery." He was explaining to a slave, unsure if they would believe him. "Heck, you're life now could be even better than before now, mainly because you're now in Memphis, the greatest city ever built." He smiled.

Imi was pampered herself by her servants. She was suppressing a yawn, as she was just woken up. "Whats with this? I am woken up and put in makeup? Not to mention I have to wear my finest gown? Even if we have something to upho-" she stopped. "Easy with the blush." she said, swatting a hand that was putting on more blush than legally needed. Her mascara was a deep violet, and she wore a long white gown with golden dress edges. "I bet its quiet the surprise they're going to see royalty in the marketplace..." she added. "How do my teeth look?" she asked, smiling. They were quiet white and shined in the light. "Quiet lovely, Ms. Imi." a servant applying a little more blush said. "I said ease with the blush." she repeated. "Sorry, ma'am."

Takhat signalled for a guard to calm her horse, as it heard a noise, and stirred. Now that she thought about it, would the freed slaves even want to see them? The younger ones, the ones not old enough to remember Pharaoh Atum's reign maybe, since they knew not of the horrors of his reign. But the older ones would maybe be a different story. The older ones had lived through enough false promises made by kings of ages past. To them, Pharaoh Seti's new law was probably just a stunt to make himself look good.

"I wish I could"-- Takhat stopped herself, when those defeatist thoughts came to mind. Queens didn't grumble about not being able to do anything. Queens didn't secretly wonder what it would have been like if they had trained as doctors instead of being royals from birth. Queens did whatever they had to do, even if what they could do wasn't very much. This visit wasn't much. But it was better than doing nothing at all.

Nefertiti, the one putting on the blush, grumbled and thought to herself. The people were done tampering with Imi and she looked into the glass of the mirror. "Ah." she said. "I look...better than usual." Imi explained. The workers nodded and smiled, chattering to themselves. Nefertiti had enough, however. She never got a thanks and was bubbling with rage. Nefertiti felt like getting the nerve's to get some point out, but was worried how the LEADER would react to her punching his daughter in the face and calling her a idiot. She backed down, still steaming wit rage and thoughts of punching the guts out of this woman.

Abasi stirred lightly in his chariot, along with his horse. His own formalwear was making him rather uncomfortable; black eyeliner, so as to resemble the eyes of Horus, and a gold headdress, which wasn't quite as grand as his father's, but still heavy enough to be uncomfortable.

Takhat, meanwhile, was starting to have some less than noble thoughts, mostly about Kiya and Aharon. Part of her wanted to see them, but the logical part of her knew that unless an incident happened, she wouldn't be able to converse casually with them. Not when she had a job to do.

Still, part of her was thinking about being Naja Heje again. It was kind of fun, villain or not, but she dismissed that selfish thought. As a future queen, she should be horrified at the thought of anyone terrorising her kingdom. Not excited at the thought of getting to play superhero.

Aharon gave a half-smile to one of the 'recovering' slaves, however, he was clearly hiding something, deep memories that he had tried to push away since his life in Memphis began, the memories during his time as a slave. Suddenly, flashes of his troubled past flashed across his brain, just by seeing the slaves, he also remembered how different the leaders of the invaders were compared to the royal family of Egypt. He looked blankly at a wall for a few seconds during this, and then decided to take a walk through the 'hall of ages', a hallway with walls showing important events in all of history.

Takhat sighed as she looked out over the palace gates. The House Of Life would certainly be able to heal the physical wounds of the freed slaves, but nothing could be done about their mental scars. The things they'd have experienced in captivity would stay with them forever, and no incantations, no prayers, no medicines, would make them go away.

She sighed as the wait continued. Knowing Nefertiti, she was likely going all-out to please Imi, makeup wise, at least. If she managed to give her the courtly, refined appearance of a princess of Egypt, however, it was most certainly worth the wait.

Her mind wandered to thoughts of where her companions were that day. Aharon was likely working at the House Of Life; magic, was, after all, a useful ally, when it came to healing. Skills like his were certainly in higher demand, at a time like this, when the priests and doctors and magicians all across Egypt had their hands full with freed slaves. Kiya, meanwhile...Takhat wasn't quite sure what was on her agenda. Her kwami had mentioned she was an artist, but what exactly did she make? Jewellery? Pottery? Clothing? Coffins? Or was she tasked with painting the tombs of the deceased?

After a while of walking, Aharon realised he was being captivated by the paintings, something he had been warned was dangerous, so he looked away, and headed back to the slaves. As he reached the slaves, he used a spell to help calm down one that was currently having a tantrum and was grieving. Aharon sighed as he remembered he was like that
"Please, stay calm, anger and sadness will not help you recover..." He sighed, and looked into the distance "It'll only prolong the pain. Trust me."

@Blotch'd

Takhat sighed, having waited long enough for Imi. It appeared that their father had to, for he'd sent a royal advisor to the stable, to inform the two to proceed without her. From there, it was her decision as to whether or not she still wanted to perform her diplomatic duties, and come to the House of Life.

The horses went off with a quick flick of the reins, hooves storming through the city, as they made their way to the House of Life. A doctor, Peseshet, was there to greet them when they arrived.

She lead the two inside, taking them past a class of scribes-in-training, to the main treatment area. The on-hand doctors and priests stood to attention.

"At ease," Peseshet told them, "The pharaoh's children, or at least, two of them, have arrived."

A guard helped the two down the step. "Presenting their royal highnesses, Abasi I, King's Son, and future Pharaoh, and Takhat I, King's Daughter."

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Maia was at the marketplace, selling the food she had grown. Her eyes grew wide as the Royal Children in their chariot rode past, they were heading to the House Of Life. Maia sighed, “Hm, I wonder why they are going to the House Of Life, are they going to stop slaverey once and for all?” She smiled at bit, Maia really hoped that they would succeed. “If only I could help, I’m completely useless, the only thing I can help with is grow grain and fruit.” Maia watched the chariot ride away, I wonder what it would be like to have all of that power in Egypt . . .

She shook away the thought, and continued waiting for people to buy some of her grown food. Soon, a young man came up to her, “Hello, how much is that loaf of bread?” The man pointed to a loaf of bread in a basket. “Well, about four gold coins.” Maia replied simply. The man pulled out four shiny gold coins, and placed them in front of Maia. She nodded, and handed the loaf to him. “Thanks, and have a good day!” Maia cheered, waving goodbye to the man as he walked away with the loaf in hand.

Last edited:
"If you would be so kind as to show us the main treatment areas," Abasi began, "It is our father's utmost concern that the freed slaves receive the appropriate treatment for their ailments."

"That, and once they have recovered, appropriate steps are taken to ensure that they are not recaptured," Takhat added, "With time, keeping slaves may carry a sentence of death."

Aharon looked over, and smiled at Abasi and Takhat. He was happy to see that they had arrived safely. He went back to trying to help a slave that was currently crying over the pain they had endured. He remembered his own pains, and how he only really had time to mope about his pains, injures, and losses AFTER he had been freed. He sighed after the slave had calmed down.
"That one's taking his pains and all a lot better than I did back then..." He muttered to himself while leaning against a wall. He remembered the pains as he saw a magician around his level healing some wounds on a former slave's back, whip wounds, to be exact. Aharon still had his scars as he was healing the pains of another one.

Takhat glanced around the room, somewhat relieved to see a familiar face in Aharon. He really was doing the work of the gods, especially when it was for people who were once lower class than the both of them combined. For people who, once upon a time, it had been acceptable not even to treat them like people.

"We have several qualified magicians on hand," Peseshet explained, as they passed some tending to the most severely injured, "And apprentices, too. We're actually looking to take some new apprentices here, so that leaves a few jobs open for them, once they have recovered."