• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Miracles In Memphis (Discussion)

If you're here, then I'm guessing that you want to be a part of my new Miraculous RP. I'm also guessing that you've read the rules, but just to confirm, put the password from the RP here before you post your bio. Anywho, let's get onto the meat of what this discussion is for, other than bios:

1.) Character Construction Pointers:

Some of you might be looking for a bit of help as to how to create historically accurate characters. Well, fret not, because here's a guide! Now, first of all, some of you might need some ideas for Egyptian names, so, I've made a little list of some names from back then:

Male names: Nebamun, Horwedja, Aharon, Seti, Abasi, Rameses, Amenhotep, Ipuki, Bay, Yuya, Setka, Pamiu.

Female names: Nefertiti, Takhat, Kiya, Imi, Isis, Maia, Merti, Tia, Aneksi, Bakht, Tiye, Sadek, Rai, Kemanut.

Secondly, you're going to need ideas for outfits, both in and out of costume for your characters. Be sure to design them according to what class you want them to be from:

Noble ladies, such as royal family members, royal advisors and supervisors, priestesses, and tax collectors tended to shave their heads and wear wigs, often with braids and gold hair ornaments. They also wore long, often white gowns, with heavily bejewelled gold collars, and sandals. Lapis lazuli was an extremely important stone to the Egyptians, and many wore jewellery with it.

Noble men, who shared similar occupations, also shaved their heads, most of the time. They favoured white kilts, white tunics, and sandals, as well as gold cuffs and pendants.

The middle class consisted of soldiers, doctors, and skilled workers, such as jewellers, potters, bakers, embalmers, storekeepers, scribes, etc. Women from this class wore similar jewellery to the upper class, but theirs was made from colourful porcelain beads, and feathers, instead of with precious stones. Some would wear very simple sandals, if any shoes at all. Men from this class would also wear tunics and kilts, but theirs wouldn't be as of high quality as the upper class.

The lowest class of Egypt consisted of farmers, servants, slaves, and prisoners of war. Women from this class would wear very simple wrap-around gowns, and no shoes or jewellery. Men would wear thin linen kilts or very basic tunics.

And now that you've found a name, and read my little pointer about character appearances, you need a miraculous. Well, since this is set in Ancient Egypt, I thought it would be cool if everyone's miraculouses were themed around the animals of the gods from Ancient Egyptian religion, otherwise known as Kemetism. You don't have to do this if you don't want to, but it's just an idea. If you do want to do this, however, and need some ideas for powers, here's a few bits about the deities:

Thoth: The god of writing and knowledge, who was depicted as an ibis (A kind of bird). He was also associated with the moon, having won some of its light, and used it to extend the months by a week.

Menhit: A warrior goddess, said to smite the foes of Egypt with fiery arrows. She was depicted as a lioness.

Ra: The god of the sun, and by association, growth, and warmth. He was depicted as a falcon.

Hathor: Goddess of love, joy, and beauty, who was sometimes depicted with cow-like features.

Ammut: A demon who had the head of a crocodile, the midsection of a lion, and the rear end of a hippo, said to punish evildoers by devouring their souls when they arrived in the land of the dead.

Isis: Goddess associated most strongly with magic, healing, and motherhood, who was sometimes depicted as a scorpion or a sow. She was the sister of Osiris and Horus (But in some texts, she was the wife and mother of the two, respectively)

Ma'at: Said to be creation incarnate, and considered to be responsible for truth and justice, whose feathers were used to judge the dead when they arrived in the afterlife. She was also the the wife of Thoth.

2.) Warnings and Banning

Break any of the rules in my opening post, and you will be asked to edit your posts, to remove the offense. If you refuse to do so, you will be asked to leave, and to delete your posts. If you try to join again after being asked to leave, you will not be allowed back in, and the RP will continue without you. Break any sitewide rules, and you will be banned from my RP effective immediately, and reported. Clear?

3.) Plot

Primarily, this discussion should be about the plot. Ideas for new enemies, personal conflicts for characters you want to set up, reveals, or other gubbins, should be discussed here so we can agree on them. Before we begin, I'm gonna tell you a bit about some important characters:

Pharaoh Seti The First: The current king of Egypt, and the father of Takhat and Abasi. He strives to be a good ruler, however, his fear of disobeying the gods keeps him from making a lot of positive changes for his people.

Horwedja (Hawk Moth): A sixteen-year-old boy, born into a family of servants. He hates the upper class, as he and his family have been treated horribly by them for all of their lves, and he's out for revenge against them.

By the way, if anyone else would like to be a prince or princess, let me know. There will only be one spot for this, so it's first come, first served.

Prince/Princess: @Ghostly Jazz Hand's

Last edited:
Before I post my form, I just want to say, Ma'at was actually considered Creation Incarnate, not a Goddess. She was not directly related to Ra.

Also, Isis had two brothers(Although in some stories Osiris is depicted as her husband and Horus as their child.), Osiris and Horus. She sent Ra to the heavens(He was sick, she used his secret name, which gave her full power over him, and then forced him to depart for the heavens, a terrible idea, really.), causing Osiris to become king, and Set setting out for revenge.

Forgot to mention, Ra's most loyal companions were Set and Bast(The cat goddess(If you are wondering, yes, she was the most popular Goddess)), before Ra was sent to the heavens, in which case, Set set out for revenge, and Ra sealed Bast away with Ra's immortal enemy, Apophis, who was considered to be chaos incarnate. Forcing the two to fight for who knows how long.

Fair enough, imma make my form now:

Name: Aharon
Hero name: War Falcon
Class: Middle Class
Appearance: Aharon is a short boy, and is quite thin. He wears his tunic and his kilt, which are homemade, with pride. He has short, brown hair. Peachy skin, blue eyes. he has a ton of freckles, and bare feet. his sword hangs at his side, kept up by a belt made of string.
Hero appearance: He looks similar, however, his eyes change to the same look as the eye of Horus. He wears a black belt with his sword hanging on it. His face is covered by a facemask with the same colours as a falcon, and he has falcon wings. his outfit looks like it came straight out a hieroglyphic picture of Horus. He also has a spear on his back.
Personality: Quite kind, and hates the idea of slavery, due to the fact that he was one for a period of time. He believes that he needs more strength, making him a perfect person for Horus to use(The gods of Ancient Egypt did that a lot). He harbours a small crush on Takhat, however, he gave up on that ages ago. He is extremely loyal, and would defend the Pharaoh until his last breath. He has studied magic quite a bit, to the point where he can pull off a fire spell without too much difficulty, it just tires him out a bit.
Miraculous: An amulet shaped like the Eye of Horus.
Superpower: Eye of Horus: This ability powers Aharon up to an extreme level, allowing him to break any material, however, it drains his miraculous' power quickly, and typically only works alongside similar abilities. This also allows him to use Magic better. However, it also allows him to activate his Avatar. A spell that encases his body in a golden giant. That part of it drains the Miraculous very fast.
Backstory: Aharon grew up in a small farming village. However, when Egypt was attacked by invaders, Aharon was taken into slavery. When the invaders were defeated and the slaves were freed, Aharon trained his hardest to join the army, despite his short size. Eventually, he got into the army and became a soldier's apprentice, and even got to see the Pharaoh's children. He got a crush on Takhat, however, he got over it, believing that it would never work out. He hasn't obtained his Miraculous yet, however, he is an obvious candidate for a miraculous. He studied magic a decent amount during his training. He is secretly part of the House of life. A group of powerful magicians who help defend Egypt.

EDIT:
Kwami: Greya
Kwami animal: A Blue Falcon
Kwami Personality: Kinda greedy, however, still extremely loyal. He is quite brave and helpful, but rude when hungry.

I forgot. Egyptians had magicians to use magic against their enemies, ranging from Fire spells to Sealing spells, they require knowledge of what hieroglyphic to use though...

Last edited:
just saying, it might be a good idea to rename the thread to make it obvious that this is a miraculous RP. Just saying. Also, I just remembered, Isis was also the sister of Set and Nephthys, the parents of Anubis.

Edit: Banana's
Eh. Why not? This hasn't developed much anyway.
Name:
Imi
Hero Name: Lady Judgment
Age: I don't know...Around the normal age for this roleplay?
Class: Princess
Appearance: Imi wears a braided wig with golden hair ornaments at the ends. Their golden necklace is heavily jeweled with lapis lazuli with a
single ruby in the center of the front shaped like a bird. There dress is very basic, being white and long with no other notable features. They wear brown sandals, and has fair white skin and brown eyes.
Hero Appearance: Imi, Now known as Lady Judgment in this form, has wings with white parts near the arms, blue parts in the middle, and green ends. They have black pants that reach around her waist with white puff at the 'shirt' end, with white holding them up. They wear a maroon necklace, and white bracelets at the end of their wrist. (Appearance based of THIS: orig13.deviantart.net/4eb5/f/2012/187/6/8/ma__at_by_theoriginalginger-d5697yz.png except for wings)
Personality: Imi is very logical and careful, But they can be very immature sometimes. They can be stubborn, too. They prefer to be a hero rather than a princess, and has a hard time balancing the both of them. When in her hero form, she acts more calm and playful to hide her identity.
Miraculous: The bird shaped gem on their necklace.
Superpower: Judgement: With a look at the opponent or ally, they can tell what they are
currently intending to do. This makes her Miraculous power run out faster, however.
Animal: Peacock
Weapons: Feather Fan (Looks like peacock feathers, and shoots quills when used like a fan.)
Other Abilities: Their preferred method of transportation is running. They can fly, but they don't prefer to. Then can also speak the language of Peacock and can see the dead. (A Mix of Peacock abilities and a power related to the god they represent.)
Backstory: When they were younger, they received a necklace. It didn't have the bird shaped ruby in the middle yet, but she loved it. She's now older, but doesn't have their Miraculous yet. She seems like a likely candidate for one of them, due to her rightful judgement's. She's been looking for excuses to leave the castle for a while now.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Yes. Very longz.

Oh, I have a question.
Am I like, in the same town you are or does my character belong to another town? Because I have no idea how to start XD

Name: Kiya

Hero Name: Eye of Bast

Occupation: Apprentice to an artist (May need help with details of this @Shiny Blue Gardevoir ) (Most teenagers were either apprentices, or they went to trade schools, if they didn't have jobs already)

Appearance (Normal): Kiya has brown skin, long black hair that she wears in braids, and brown eyes. She wears a simple long white gown and simple sandals.

Appearance (Transformed): Her headset is nearly identical to the one in this edited screenshot taken by myself:
SMka6TTWbah6a2yY3RGdZh62RfF0icTPiwdnJoBDkTjjeTUXr35xKMYF-CivJ02ioCuTk_elBykeuYqsIe2CCS0pTSgIaf88KxiLYlX13VUscTKynBzSKJbJOxTkuVaOSQtJiki7
, however, there is no triangle descending towards the forehead. The part that resembles a feline’s head more resembles a cat’s (including the ears), and there are eye holes. The side extensions have black and gold colored stripes, while the part covering the actual head is gold with black spots. She gains a tight, calf-length black gown with a gold belt around the waist, with a large sheathed knife on either side. Her sandals turn black and are adorned with chrysoberyl.

Alignment: Bast

Kwami: Baast

Animal: Egyptian Mau

Miraculous: Necklace shaped like a cat’s head. It has green eyes in both its active and disguise form. In its disguise form everything but the eyes is black. In its active form it turns gold in color and gains the markings of an Egyptian Mau. The countdown is five sections of the head, with each section turning black after a minute has passed.

Weapon: Two large knives.

Superpower: Eye of Bast: Used to locate the Akuma.

Other abilities: Night vision, incredible agility

Let me know if there's anything I should edit.

Fun fact: Takhat's hero name comes from the Latin name of the Egyptian cobra. And I'd have imagined that the Egyptian royal family would have some knowledge of Latin, seeing as Caesar came to Egypt and dated Cleopatra, so...

Last edited:
Yes! Boy, I'm almost sick to death of waiting for relationship development between Ladybug and Chat Noir, and there's no real reason why they can't know each other's identities, seeing as Ladybug knows who Rena Rouge, Carapace, and Queen Bee are. Also, wouldn't it be easier to let the latter three keep their miraculouses, instead of manually giving them to them at the start of each mission?

Eh, true dat. Seriously, the show is HUUUGE, especially in Spain. But I wouldn't mind it if was shorter, if only the plot progressed faster, and my ships sailed...(Julerose, Marcthaniel, Iveńe, and maybe Chlobrina...)

But I suppose we should stay on topic. I'm planning for the plot of this RP to flow much faster than the show. Not so fast that it becomes impossible to follow, but fast enough that nobody gets bored in between...Hopefully.

Find a way to come and get involved, is my answer. Have Kiya approcah the nome, and witness the action, show the high priestess giving her her miraculous, or even unknowingly interact with the current Hawk Moth (Was he the slave boy harvesting wheat, and discussing taking down the pharaoh? Yes he was.) Just some ideas.

Honestly, if I knew why the canon Hawk Moth wanted the miraculouses, I'd just give mine to him, no questions asked. He gets his wife back, and Paris doesn't get terrorised anymore. Win win.

Also, the high priestess is open for anybody to control, as she's literally just a plot device for the miraculouses. Use her to get yours however you see fit, those of you who don't have them already.

Like, if Hawk Moth in the show was actually, y'know, BAD, it would be a problem if HE found out the identities of the heroes, but he isn't. In fact, he has had several moments where he could've at least revealed it to Adrien, who could tell Marinette when they are suited up. Now. If it causes one of the main characters to die if a wish is made, then that would be bad. But I doubt that could happen.