• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Minecraft

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
'Sup miners! We now have a proper, professionally run Minecraft 1.0.0 server, which I can complain most profusely at if it doesn't work, because I'm paying for it.

The server IP is in the topic of the #minecraft channel - open up Chat and type /join #minecraft. Looking in the topic will give you the IP. Alternately, query or PM me (Teapot), and I'll be glad to share.. It isn't currently restricted in any form, but it's only 8 slots at present. Be nice.

We're going to raid the End.

So far, two of us have died.

We haven't been in the End yet.

We rock. ^^

eqawld.jpg

Tailon

Gryffindork
Mere moments before entering the end and being soundly destroyed by about 20 Enderdragons.

javaw2011-11-2711-38-16-48.jpg

Long story short, it didn't go well.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I'm interested in the game, but it would cost me 30 Dollars. I'm trying to save my cash, but I am getting to really want the game. What do you guys think I should do?

I originally bought the game for fifteen bucks- But I got in pretty early. It is quite a bit more expensive now.

The game itself is amazing and I'd say definitely worth the thirty bucks, but only if you can really spare them.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I honestly think it's worth the 30 CAD, considering the sheer amount of time you can sink into it, but, obviously, that decision is yours. Lemme put it this way: I sank more into a server for it so I could play with the 'Charmsians than I actually paid for the game, and it was definitely worth it.

I got minecraft ^^ and I'm getting kinda good at it, I have played in some servers but little, I don't have enough time D: but on vacations I would get time for that.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, so, apparently whoever had our IP before us put it on YouTube, so as a result of that, there was a little griefing earlier. That's since been reversed, but as a safety measure I'm whitelisting the server; anyone who's played on it before is whitelisted, but any new players will have to ask me (via PMs or chat) to whitelist them first.

I'll be implementing a less restrictive version at some point - you'll just need to be whitelisted to interact with the world - but I can't make it work right now.

teapot! I'm pingu246
BROOK STREET
BIRKENHEAD
CH41 3PHoke on minecraft and you said we needed an account on pokecharms- I now have one but im not white-listed

10e3m7t.jpg

A glorious sunset at spawn, courtesy to CoroCraft.

xfp180.jpg

The Tale of Kingdoms mod; So much win. You get to build your own kingdom from scratch by hunting mobs and gathering resources, but it's not as hard as it sounds. This particular one was in the YogBox.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I have it, guys. My username is dwaynadf07. Hopefully I'll be able to connect to the server soon once I figure it all out. Any good guides I could look at?

If you want to connect just type in the server IP: [redacted; see chat]

minecraft wiki : http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki
Has all the crafting recipes and explanations for most phenomenas.
Protip: Build a crafting table first and a shelter for the night.
Getting food should be your priority but I'm pretty sure that many on the server will help you out.

Join our channel for more direct help.

NOW IF ONLY I COULD USE TEXTURE PACKS.

(Stupid mac version having no texture pack folder grumblegrumblegrumble)

Also: I can see my house in that sunset picture. ♥

And seeing as you guys found the End (it seems), I have no choice but to head to that portal and explore. After pillaging a pumpkin of something of course.

And then I'll die. For I'll have taken nothing but the pumpkin with me. So expect to see a pumpkin floating around in the End.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Blazi said:
NOW IF ONLY I COULD USE TEXTURE PACKS.

(Stupid mac version having no texture pack folder grumblegrumblegrumble)
It does have a texture pack folder! Just open a Finder window, Cmd-Shift-G, type ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft and hit go. You can make an alias to your texturepacks folder and drop it on your desktop or somewhere to get at it later, if you so wish.

Teapot said:
Just open a Finder window, Cmd-Shift-G, type ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft and hit go.

Did that, didn't work.

It never works, no matter what I try.

But hey, this isn't technical support, now is it. It'll have to take place later.

Rex

Resident Furry
20111226023140.png

20111226032019.png
Screenshots from the Walled City Mod. Texture Pack is LosmCraft v1.3.5. Screenshots posted via suggestion of SCT.

WARNING; A VERY TINY BIT OF HUNGER GAMES SPOILERS

I feel like I should bring this back.

Due to an accident, I currently don't have access to my own laptop, thus I am unable to play MineCraft and probably will be for another couple of weeks. But I had something special to share.

8xkJWW.png

The Hunger Games- In MineCraft.

The idea is simple, and very similar to the books. There is a set circular area a couple of miles in diameter, surrounded by a wall. In the middle is the circle of pedestals with the the supplies- Armor, weapons, food, potions- in the middle, generally with a Cornucopia or something similar as well.

24 people are gathered to take place in the pedestals, and there is one Announcer who counts down, opens/raises the pedestals with a lever and supplies additional information on, for example, the deaths and how many are left- Sometimes with thunder strikes to mimic the cannon boom.

Your goal is, of course, to be the last one standing. A lot of people already die in the supply brawl at the start, and those who don't, need to run into the woods and survive there, foraging for food, staying out of sight and hunting for and killing whoever does come across their path.

I personally think that this is the best game ever done in MineCraft. Better then testificate golf, Olympics, even spleefing. A bunch of famous players- BebopVox, Martyn Littlewood, Vareide- have already done some rounds, and it looks very spectacular.

Long story short, I just wanted to introduce this awesome prospect to whoever might be interested, and once I get my laptop back, I am so going to build an arena~

I mostly build silly things in single player, but the thing I'm most proud of was this pyramid I made out of sandstone:

UfkCQ.png

Looks really nice at sunset.

6WKpH.png

Gold block cap with some lamps in the distance.

5UNHX.png

W3Etc.png

I added some smaller tombs to go with the pyramid but almost as soon as I was done I decided I didn't like them, lol. I haven't taken them down though since the obsidian and the lightstone were giant pains to farm.

Tailon

Gryffindork
So I did something neat today (If you're a KH fan)

(Spoiler'd due to size)
WoodenKeyblade.png

StoneKeyblade.png

IronKeyblade.png
GoldKeyblade.png

DiamondKeyblade.png

3rdPersonWoodenKeyblade.png

3rdPersonStoneKeyblade.png

3rdPersonIronKeyblade.png

3rdPersonGoldKeyblade.png

3rdPersonDiamondKeyblade.png

Posted in order, Wood -> Stone -> Iron -> Gold -> Diamond
(Fairy Harp) -> (Kingdom Key) -> (Lioneheart) -> (One Winged Angel) -> (Ultima Weapon)

Oh, you have a minecraft server? That's neat. I might join in later seeing as my primary server is down right now. I bought minecraft about 2 years ago? It was in 1.2 back then at least. Anyways, my skin is a Elf (a christmas elf), because it looks like Link, but i'm currently working on one that actually are supposed to be him. I love Legend of Zelda :p

Right. I told Tailon and Data yesterday I was going to create some random walls and gates so we can choose the looks for our city wall. These are the two most basic types of walls and gates; Stone and sandstone.

Stone walls;
nvnuq.jpg

Or;

34rzjnp.jpg

Stone gates;
2rrrnuh.jpg

2v838u1.jpg

Sandstone walls;
10netls.jpg

Alternative base;

10f5att.jpg

Sandstone gate;
105rtsp.jpg

ng29af.jpg

Slim version;

1h5jit.jpg

34xhwzt.jpg

Now, all this was very much improvised and I'm pretty sure you guys could build something more appealing, but I thought I'd share these just so we have some kind of starting point.

Thoughts?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Go Go Necromancy Mode!

Anyway, I have a serious question to ask the Minecraft players here: Do you still use the server? Because I haven't seen anyone use it for a while, and I'd rather not be paying for something that isn't used.

I haven't played on it in a long time, no. I haven't been playing very much MineCraft at all lately. If you want to give up the server, I guess that's fine by me, but I don't know what the others have to say about it!