• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed [MHA] The Next Generation

Good to know, I would’ve posted again by now if Kureiji hadn’t been knocked out on the spot.

id assume by the Scene Switch we’ll have all recovered, probably with no bandages, but I do have a plan for Kureiji’s injuries. Say that the blades Kureiji was hit with by the end give like, “Perma-Injuries” that stay for a little longer, just so I can write for him being slightly more hesitant to show his arms and shit, because they’ll think he’s “weak” or whatever.

(Btw @Schrift007 thank you for tagging me, that was very thoughtful.)
Name: Hideo Hiroaki
Hero Name: Pulse
Parents: Just some people with quirks.
Sexuality: Asexual
Appearance: Tall and tan, standing at 6’01. He has swift, spiky, blue hair. He usually has sunglasses on his forehead, and only puts them on his eyes when in battle. He has dark blue eyes that people tend to get lost in, which annoys him, especially when he’s talking. When not wearing the school uniform, he is wearing a dark blue jacket with a black short sleeved shirt underneath and black basketball shorts with two blue lines running down each leg. Unless it’s cold, then he wears sports pants with the same design as the shorts. Instead of the normal shoes most people wear with the school uniform, he wears blue tennis shoes.
Hero Outfit: He wears a black body suit with dark blue gloves and combat boots. On his chest he has a large X that connects with another X on his back by each line. He wears a sunglasses and goggles combo with the eyes showing multiple lines repeatedly moving and vibrating, like a sound wave for a dubstep song. (Make sense?)
Personality: Hideo is very friendly and casual. He makes friends easily and is often there to lighten the mood. He is an optimist and rarely upset, which means if he’s sulking and unhappy, you KNOW he’s had a super bad day. However, when he reads a book, he is less outgoing and more quiet. Nobody really knows why, but they just assume he is focused and deep into the book. He loves books just as much as he loves video games, which is a lot. Despite his fun and extroverted personality, he is very intelligent. Especially when it comes to reading, math, and physics. He is also very intrigued by science, but he doesn’t really care for it. Compared to others, he does have a bit of a short temper, and can “blow up” at times if people keep pushing his buttons. When he “blows up” he loses his fun and friendly personality for a ruthless and mean one. Although, he rarely “blows up”. He also tries really hard to be friends with introverts. This is because he doesn’t want them to be alone, so he becomes friends with them, even if they have zero social skills. He has a mix of Isolophobia, Autophobia, and Athazagorophobia. This means he is deeply afraid of being alone, forgotten, and not loved/liked. This is one reason why he is an extrovert, as he simply can’t handle being an introvert. School secretly really stresses him out, as he is constantly worried about not being perfect, but he hides this by simply being a class clown of sorts, constantly making one liners and jokes about subjects, so people can’t tell that he’s worried.
Quirk: Energy Generation and Manipulation- A very powerful quirk that allows Hideo to use energy and turn it into basically anything he wants.His go-to is shapes. Squares and cubes to block attacks, rectangles to ride on through the air to travel quickly, circles and ovals to send as sort of spinning projectiles, triangles as sharp and quick projectiles, etc. (Might add to this part)
Other: Got into U.A. by means of recommendation. At any mention of sexual things or attraction, or that one thing that people do to make other people, he will sigh or roll his eyes, even if it doesn’t involve him. This is obviously because he is asexual. (Will probably add to this part.)

Alrighty, sorry that took a bit, but it’s done now. Notify me if I made any mistakes.

Last edited:
@Captain Pokémon
Your submission looks decent, but I have some concerns. First, can he generate energy, or only manipulate it? Second, does his quirk have any meaningful limits? Since most quirks in MHA have some sort of limit, such as Kureiji's quirk eating his body's fat reserves, or Caleb's quirk forcibly enraging him. Hideo's quirk seems to have no drawbacks. Third, what kind of energy can he use? I ask since "energy" isn't a thing in and of itself, it's a classification. Fourth, does he have any personality flaws?

OFA is definitely op. Besides, Deku is still alive and I don't see him setting the mantle aside yet. But making a daughter of his is fine. That said, fire breath is too much like Hiro's quirk so I'd suggest something else.

Hmmm, possibly he married a woman with a wind-based quirk, that combined with the power of Deku's mom, which was attracting small objects, into an air-lock/tornado based quirk that can not only use stuff like blasts of air, but also create vortexes the draw in objects and people?

@Captain Pokémon
Your submission looks decent, but I have some concerns. First, can he generate energy, or only manipulate it? Second, does his quirk have any meaningful limits? Since most quirks in MHA have some sort of limit, such as Kureiji's quirk eating his body's fat reserves, or Caleb's quirk forcibly enraging him. Hideo's quirk seems to have no drawbacks. Third, what kind of energy can he use? I ask since "energy" isn't a thing in and of itself, it's a classification. Fourth, does he have any personality flaws?
Alrighty, here I go answering your questions. 1. He can generate energy, not just manipulate it.
2. His quirk takes a tremendous amount of stamina to use for more than 15-ish minutes at a time in battle quantities, so he can’t use it for very long at one time. Although, when he uses it in small quantities, like making only a few shapes, he can really do that whenever he wants. Another small drawback is that he gets much more aggressive when he uses it, kinda like how Bakugo normal is, but less crazy about death.(I know the explanation is sloppy, but I think I got the point across.) 3. Yeah, I know that energy isn’t a thing in and of itself, but didn’t feel like explaining it much. Anyway, I ’m not sure how to explain, but think of it as sort of Sci-Fi laser energy or something like that. That’s really the best explanation at the top of my head. 4. He sometimes has trouble accepting that people are better than him. He doesn’t think he’s better than everyone, he just doesn’t like the thought that someone is better than him. He also has a short temper when it comes to annoying people.

@Captain Pokémon I see. I was mainly concerned that "energy" was a blanket term for any energy, which would be an absurdly strong power and I couldn't allow that.

My only remaining complaint is his personality flaws. Maybe go a little deeper since having little humility and being easily annoyed is pretty typical. For example, Kureiji hides low confidence behind a veneer of comedy, and Caleb is prone to being very self-righteous.

I'll accept Hideo as is but I encourage you to go a little deeper.

@Captain Pokémon I see. I was mainly concerned that "energy" was a blanket term for any energy, which would be an absurdly strong power and I couldn't allow that.

My only remaining complaint is his personality flaws. Maybe go a little deeper since having little humility and being easily annoyed is pretty typical. For example, Kureiji hides low confidence behind a veneer of comedy, and Caleb is prone to being very self-righteous.

I'll accept Hideo as is but I encourage you to go a little deeper.

I’m planning on a bunch of character development, but I will make his personality more detailed.

Name: Tyler
Hero name: Chain Lock
Parent: no one important
Sexuality: bi
Appearance:
download20200701214235.png
https://picrew.me/share?cd=1fqbpoEnIa (死にかけ少年|Picrew)
Hero Costume: Personality: He's usually a loner, being alone most of the time as he has trouble making friends, due to having no social skills, He keeps to himself most of the time, when push comes to shove his sensitive nature starts to appear
Quirk: Chains: that's what it is. chains, they come from your body and can appear from anywhere in the body. The metal in the chains are not regular metal, meaning they won't be melted unless your fire is capable of melting an entire building, this comes with a cost, this quirk, being very durable is also very heavy, so Tyler has to work out almost every day to keep his body in a state that's able to USE the quirk. It is best in long ranged and can be used as a metal whip
Backstory: You may have noticed..what the heck happened to his eye? well, there were two factors, his quirk, and his father, his father was always drunk and beating him and his mom, constantly, his mom was too scared to divorce. causing the both to be abused. When his quirk manifested, it was in the middle of a beating and well, his quirk manifested from his eye, causing him to be missing that eye, and also being blind from it due to it being absent of course, due to this he always practiced to control this quirk out of fear of losing his other eye.
Other:

Attachments

• download20200701214235.png
    download20200701214235.png
    317.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Name: Katelyn Midoriya
Hero name: Wyndrage
Parent: Izuku Midoriya (Deku)
Sexuality: Pansexual
Appearance: Katelyn takes a lot from her father physically, making her easily recognized by many, just due to her striking resemblance. She has long and messy forest-green hair, that extends town to her upper back. She has his freckles, as well as his softer-looking facial features. She has Emerald colored eyes, and often doesn't wear much makeup, not really caring that much unless she needs to look nice for something. She can normally be seen wearing sleeveless shirts, as well as hoodies, sweatpants and jeans. In fact, Some of her outfit choices include various All Might and Deku merch. She usually wears tall, brown, block-heel boots that give her a few extra inches on her 5'7" stature.
Hero Costume: The costume she uses when doing hero work as Wyndrage is very minimalist. She wears red boosts with tough iron soles, to decrease any fall damage and to emulate her father. She wears a tight green jumpsuit with black, blue, and white accents on its shoulders, sides, thighs, and around the ankle. She also has a utility belt over the suit, as well as a small pair of baggy black shorts over it as well. She wears grayish-tan gloves on her hands, padded with shock-absorbing material, and also has a visor over her eyes that allows her to check, among other things, variables in weather and temperature.
Personality: Katelyn is much more reserved and yet much more energetic than most people, inking her alone time almost as much as she likes partying with friends. She's usually very popular due to this, able to sit alone or with small groups and read or scroll through YouTube or social media for hours, and yet have the energy to go partying with people for hours, eating food like crazy and getting real, real hyper.
Quirk: (Can be made up, as long as you can explain it properly, with power and drawbacks)
QUIRK- STORMRAYGE- Katelyn has a quirk that allows her to control the way the weather works, able to whip up fierce storms and powerful lightning bolts. Her signature technique is using her wind vortexes to pull people into the center of them, effectively trapping them unless they can escape the inward pressure of the vortex. Other powers include summoning snowstorms, hurricane-like rainstorms, and harsh winds, though she mostly uses wind bursts as her weather powers take a tremendous toll on her own body, as forming anything involving clouds takes her own H2O into account, causing her to dehydrate from any overuse.
Other: Transferred schools to UA after her test, previously thought to have been failed, was put under review and it turns out yes, she did pass. Yay.