• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join MHA: The Heroes Of Tomorrow

Sylvia nodded and made certain to quietly place her hands on the concrete building. From her hands bloomed huge, thick rose vines, climbing the wall rapidly and surrounding the whole building. Within a matter of mere seconds, the entire building was overgrown with carefully placed roses that trapped everyone inside. The windows eventually shattered with the force and power behind the strong plants, and soon all of the floors were being invaded by large flowers and vines, all of which had powerful and huge thorns.

Sylvia struggled under the weight and intensity of her flowers. She almost pulled away from the building multiple times, and it wasn't long before she felt lightheaded from all of the nutrients and blood it was taking her to keep up her rose forest. She hoped one of them had touched the weapon so that they could quickly pass and leave. She was counting on Yasumi to help her endure the pain and keep growing her roses.

Meanwhile, Jack watched from the spectator's room, completely horrified by what his sister was attempting. "What?! That's not healthy!" he found himself exclaiming, only to slap a hand over his mouth and blush at his outburst. "Doing something so suddenly... and after she just recovered her blood! What's she thinking? I know Yasumi is there, but..." Jack sighed and attempted to calm himself, composing himself and attempting to steel himself as he watched. He knew it was a lot, but his sister probably knew what she was doing, and if not, they could still supply her with the blood she needed when she recovered again. It was a hard thing to do, but she wanted to be a hero using that same technique, so he supposed practicing it wouldn't hurt.

Maybe he could offer her some help practicing it when she came back and got her blood replenished. She could also try making other flowers besides roses, if she wanted, but he supposed she should work on one thing at a time.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Nobu
Nobu was casually standing still until he noticed the thorns and roses surrounding the building, trapping them. "Wait what the hell." Nobu turned to Kibou, "Kibou that must be Sylvia's quirk, but we're trapped, what are we going to do?!" Nobu asked as he raised his voice slightly. He was scared of losing so clenched his fist, "Our quirks can do nothing in this situation."

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Kaylee
Kaylee looked at Kenji and listened to his question carefully. "Anyone that I idolize huh?" she asked herself. She didn't really have an answer for him. All she had was a deep hatred for some of the popular heroes in the community. Especially Deku and Red Riot. However, she couldn't tell him that. She really appreciated everything Ancient did for her in terms of making her the fighter she was today, but she couldn't say anything about that either. She chuckled nervously, "Not really I guess. I uh...just appreciate who I am today. Sorry I didn't have a better answer." she responded, before turning away. "Uhh what about you? I'm sure you have someone that you idolize right?" she asked.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji smiled, "Nah that's a great answer, and I really appreciate you too." Kenji said as he place his hand on her shoulder. "As for who I idolize, well I never really had a father to look up to so my main idols are a lot of pro heroes, one's that inspired the most are Deku and Shouto Todoroki, as you can tell from my hair and costume. But I think outside of pro heroes I looked up to my older brother Shinji the most, you see he was quirkless but he never stopped trying to be a hero, I remember one day he came home from school and he had all bruises because he tried to stand up to some bullies." Kenji chuckled a little, as his face then started to look more sad, he was nearly tearing up talking about his brother.

Kibou looked around at all of the vines in awe. "This is the extent of Sylvia's quirk?! Wow!" Before he full-on fanboyed at Sylvia's awesome power, he shook his head and looked around, realizing something. "Those flowers are all part of her body! If she gets those vines inside, she'll win and secure the weapon! Nobu, can you go and try to take care of them? There's gotta be some kinda opening to get out..."

The vines were all thick and interwoven, and there was almost no way to get out, so Kibou's attempt was to be praised, but it just wasn't enough. Sylvia weakly wrapped three vines around the fake weapon, blooming them into beautiful roses and claiming it for her team.

Jayblade

Nobu
Nobu shook his head, "No I can't do anything, sorry Kibou, I think we've already lost this." Nobu stated as he noticed that Sylvia had already claimed the weapon by wrapping her vines around it.

Deku also saw this, "Okay students it looks like the winner is the hero team, well done to Yasumi and Sylvia!" Deku exclaimed, "You may make your way back to the dorms building."

"Well that was easier than expected" Yasumi said, while pulling his bandages back. Even though he said that, Sylvia's quirk really did require quite a lot of blood. I mean, she did cover an entire building in plants, but still.. He was feeling a bit lightheaded and weak. Nothing particularly noticeable, still, he knew how much blood he had lost, and how much time it would take him to recover. In a couple of days, maybe three, he should be back at 100% once again.
He walked up to the girl, and held his arm towards her, waiting for a high-five. "Couldn't have gone better, right?" He asked, smiling.

Sylvia held her head and allowed her flowers to tear away from her skin on their own. One may wonder why she hadn't originally done that when she was using the rose forest for the first time during the attack, but only with the proper amount of focus could Sylvia pull them off herself. The process was relatively painless, but she still had several scar-like marks that bled a little before quickly closing and clotting themselves, staining her skin dark brown.

She tried to return the high-five, but ultimately just ended up flopping her hand around uselessly, wings drooping and face paling with exhaustion, though the satisfied smile on her face brightened her whole air: bright and happy, but exhausted nonetheless. From the spectator's room, Jack allowed himself an enthusiastic whoop for his sister's victory; all without her big brother's help. He was certainly proud.

Jayblade

Nobu
Nobu was still quite upset that they couldn't even put up a fight. "Kibou I'm sorry I couldn't do anything, now I just know why I should just stick to being just an average person, I guess I can't even be a hero if I can't even fight back against someone." Nobu clenched his fists and walked to the doors to go outside. "Anyway let's get going, we need some time to rest right?"

Kibou sighed. "Yeah. That quirk of hers, though. Dang, that's powerful! She could really become a great hero, if only she wasn't..." He sighed, not bothering to finish his thought. He followed Kibou, but when he passed by Sylvia, he flashed her a smile. Of course, since Sylvia was having trouble standing up, she didn't notice it and instead relied upon Yasumi for support.

Jack called Recovery Girl out to the field and brought the exercise to a pause until Sylvia and Yasumi regained their stamina. He supported his sister and gave her a big grin. "That was so awesome, Sylvia! You don't know how proud I am of you."

Sylvia nodded shakily. "T-thanks... I... I tried..."

When Jack got the tired teens off of the premises of the exercise, he called up the next two teams to fight and supported Sylvia and Yasumi as they recovered, providing them a proper breathing environment and comfortable temperature using his quirk. Not only was his versatile quirk perfect for combat, he could also use it for rescuing. His quirk really was powerful and versatile, like Shouto Todoroki or Katsuki Bakugou. (Jack couldn't remember the Pro Hero's Hero name for the life of him, but he remembered once being told he had wanted it to be either "King Explosion Murder" or "Lord Explosion Murder," both of which sounded perfectly valid and so like him.)

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Kaylee
The girl smiled, "Well that seems really nice Kenji. You obviously had to love them a lot to even style your hair after them." she said with a little laugh. After that, Kenji had trailed off into a conversation about his brother. It must've been something really powerful because Kaylee swore up and down that she could see him starting to cry a bit. "Come here ya big baby." Kaylee said with a slight smile. She held out her arms for a hug. It's not like she meant to make him get into emotional story telling or something like that.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji looked up to see Kaylee holding her arms out for a hug. He wiped the one tear from his eye and moved closer to her. He hugged her, "You know I'm surprised I could even talk about that in front of someone." Kenji said as he let go of her and lay down. "You know we should go and ask Yasumi and Sylvia if they do wanna hang out."

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Kaylee
Kaylee was more or less surprised to see that Kenji actually took up her offer on the hug, but she didn't regret it for a second. "Well I mean if it drove you to tears then it must be pretty tough." she said. "Oh...uh yeah. We should go find them." she said. It would be nice to go have fun after today's events.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji looked down at the ground as he got up, he didn't really wanna talk about his brother much more so he just looked forward and started walking. "Yeah let's go and find the others then." Kenji said trying to change the subject. "They should be done by now it's been quite a while since they started and I doubt the match would be that long."

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Kaylee
The girl stood up after him and followed Kenji after he walked away so quickly. Did calling him a baby upset him or something? He just seemed so unusually saddened. They came outside to relax, and she would hate to think that she maybe caused him to feel sad in some way. "Uh yeah yeah they should be done...but Kenji....are you feeling okay?" she asked a little timidly.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji looked up at Kaylee, "Oh yeah just ignore me I'm fine." He said as he was walking forwards still. "But thanks for seeing if I was okay, you wanting to hug me back there was really nice and meant a lot, even just caring about me means a lot." Kenji tried to form a smile, "Just let me know if you're ever down, I'll come help as soon as I can."

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Kaylee
The girl smiled at everything Kenji was telling her. Apparently she made him feel better, and not worse, so that was always a good thing to hear. She nodded and giggled a little bit, "Yeah alright sounds good Kenji. I'll be sure to let you know." she responded. "Well for as much as it seems like he doesn't care, I guess he really does." she thought to herself as the two of them continued walking.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji grinned at Kaylee after she giggled. "Yeah, but I'm being serious about it, let me know when you're in trouble and as I said I'll come to help as fast as I can." Kenji explained again before looking down at Kaylee as he then chuckled. "You know I never realised how short you are compared to me, I'm almost like a whole foot taller than you."

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Kaylee
Kaylee smiled and nodded. "Don't worry, I will." she responded once again, but this time without laughing at all just to reassure to him that she was taking him seriously. Immediately however, her compassion was replaced by irritation as Kenji picked now of all times to bring up the girl's height. "Hey! I mean you act like I chose to be this short." she said. "Besides, not like you have any problems with my height anyways, right Kenji?" she asked, giving him a little wink.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji smiled at Kaylee as she asked him about her height, "No, no, I didn't mean to put it like that, I actually think your height makes you look like a cute little girl." He said as he placed his hand on her head and laughed, "But don't worry that's not a bad thing." Kenji added so he made sure she wasn't upset after what he said.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Kaylee
Kaylee laughed, "Awwww so I'm cute?" she asked. The girl grabbed Kenji's hand off the top of her head and held it. "Well then good that means this isn't a bad thing either." she said. She wasn't really going to lie. She missed that since the last time they hung out, and she at least wanted to get a win before they went to go find Yasumi and Sylvia.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji looked down at Kaylee once again, "I mean you're pretty cute, I guess." Kenji was then surprised when she grabbed onto his hand. "Wait what do you mean? What isn't a bad thing?" Kenji asked with confusion as he blushed as she carried on holding his hand.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Kaylee
Kaylee smiled when Kenji actually admitted to her being cute. Usually he would've just strayed away from the conversation and would've gone back to being...well...being like how the two of them usually were to each other. "I mean this isn't a bad thing dummy." she said, holding her hand up while still holding onto his.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji chuckled a little, "There you go again." Kenji said as he got to the actual school building with Kaylee. "So they might be in the waiting room, so we should go and check there first." Kenji said as he made his way there. He was surprised Kaylee wasn't making fun of fun of him that much, she was being really nice to him. He eventually made it into the waiting room. He walked inside to look for Yasumi and Sylvia. He then shouted out the two's names.

"Easiest win ever" Yasumi said, as he walked towards Kenji and Kaylee.
"I'm gonna be honest: I expected a little bit more of a fight from class B" He said, laughing. He wasn't really trying to trash talk about them, but being defeated in a single attack.. well, it was a bit disappointing. Still, maybe it just meant that their decision-making was perfect? Perhaps Yasumi and Sylvia's strategy was more unpredictable than he expected.
"Anyway, what now?" He asked. It looked like they were the last students to take the test, so the class was supposed to be over.
Yasumi waited for Deku to either leave them get back to the dorm, or tell them what they were gonna do next.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji looked towards Yasumi and smiled, "So you won, that's great!" Kenji exclaimed as he leaned on Yasumi's shoulder. "So Yasumi anyway, I was wondering if tonight you and Sylvia would like to hang out with me and Kaylee, I just thought it would be nice to relax for a while."

Sylvia shook her head. "It was Class C, not B, Yasumi," she told her partner before facing Kenji. When Kenji offered a chance to hang out, Sylvia paused, wondering what her brother would want her to do. "I dunno," she said. "I think Jack wants me back at Recovery Girl's, particularly so I can rest. I used up a lot of energy making that huge rose forest and now I need sunlight to help me regenerate my nutrients and blood." Much like a plant, Sylvia required sunlight to properly function, relying partially on her photosynthesis to keep herself alive. Her brother knew this full well and typically hung out with Sylvia whenever she went outside so as to ensure nothing happened to her again. She glanced at Yasumi, continuing to speak. "Even that extra blood you donated to me wasn't quite enough, Yasumi, but thanks so much for your help. It really means a lot to me that you've done so much for my sake." She turned back to Kenji and Kaylee. "Actually, I have you two to thank, too, and the rest of Class 1-A. I've never had so many friends, and all of you are such great company. I'm lucky to be in such a great school like this. Although, after what's been happening, I wouldn't mind calling this whole school home, since I technically live here now." With that, Sylvia allowed herself a light giggle, something unknown to her prior. She hadn't laughed genuinely since she was seven years old, even when her siblings tried to help her feel better. Being alone had changed Sylvia completely. Laughing even a little bit like this was difficult, especially with her lungs the way they were, but ever since she had met Yasumi, and ever since Yasumi had supported her with his blood control quirk, she had had a much easier time breathing, laughing, singing (despite having not done much of it for several years). In Sylvia's eyes, Yasumi was the miracle she had waited her whole life for.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji laughed and placed his hand on the back of his head, "No you don't have to thank me, after what have I even done, I wasn't even a good bodyguard to be honest." Kenji said as he walked over to Sylvia, "But yeah I can understand if you can't come, you really should recover if you went all out in your fight, which I;m guessing you did."

"Whatever I guess" He said upon hearing that Kibou and Nobu were from class C. Wasn't that the general studies department? Why were they even there then? Oh well, not like he cared too much. Sylvia seemed really thankful though, and Yasumi didn't really understand why. It's not like she got injured and he helped her, they were merely working together, as a team, towards a common goal.
I guess her disability didn't make things easy when it comes to making friends He thought.
"Yeah sure, not like I had any other plans for tonight, but nothing too wild, ok?" He said, smiling.
"I'm sure Jack will let you come if I'm there too, right Sylvia? Or at least it'll be worth trying to ask him, don't you think? And it's not like staying in Recovery Girl's office will get you sunlight anyway right?" Yasumi said, laughing.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji looked towards Yasumi as he spoke, "Yeah, I guess you could go and ask Jack if you'll be okay to come out, I mean I know it's not my choice, but I think if you're with Yasumi you'll be just fine." Kenji said as he looked down at Sylvia, "But yeah you should go and talk to Jack first." He told Sylvia while pointing in Jack's direction.

"...Well, Crystal. Thanks for letting me try out your dishes! They really were spectacular. The exam has my entire body aching, so I think I'm just gonna rest a bit in my dorm." He said, now rising from the chair he was sat in. He stood slouched over, his back lowering and arms drooping in fatigue.
"If you need me for any reason at all, my dorm's on the first floor. Last one on your right." He continued, slowly pointing upstairs, and then to his left, which would become right after walking up the stairs.

And with that, he trudged out of the kitchen, up the stairs, and down the hall on the right. He opened the door to his dorm, and slowly walked in. While he shut the door behind him, he began to realize that he still hadn't fully decorated his dorm room yet. His suitcase and backpack was still full of luggage. As much as he wanted to organize it now, he simply didn't have the strength to.

"...First thing tomorrow." He thought to himself, before collapsing onto his bed.

Sylvia shrugged. "Recovery Girl will lead me out to get sunlight once I meet her there. It's non-negotiable and besides, I need rest after that stunt I pulled. I'll go a bit later, alright?" she asked, giving her new friends a smile before walking off. She walked slowly and cautiously, gliding one hand across a wall so that she could lean on it if she needed to. She headed to Recovery Girl's office.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Kaylee
The girl didn't really say much as Kenji talked along with Sylvia and Yasumi. She added a few reassuring nods behind Kenji's statements every once in a while but that was about it. As Sylvia headed off towards Recovery Girl's office Kaylee laughed a bit. "Well if this idiot's in charge then something 'wild' might be unavoidable so we may just have to keep you under control for the rest of the evening." she said. She gave a wave to Sylvia as she made her way down the hall and out of sight.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji waved along with Kaylee as Sylvia walked to Recovery Girl's office. He looked down at Kaylee, "So what do we do now, I mean Sylvia's going to Recovery Girl's office, so do you just wanna go back to the dorms and just wait until she's done there?" Kenji asked Kaylee as he then looked outside, "It's getting a little dark isn't it." Kenji said as he pointed outside, "I might go and look at the stars tonight."

As Sylvia trudged heavily to Recovery Girl's office, something weighed on her shoulders. She couldn't quite place what, but she knew it was an unfamiliar and unsettling feeling. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and first sent a message to Kokoro.

Rose_Feather0307: Hey, Koko-chan, I'm having a bit of trouble. When you can answer this message, I wanna tell you some super serious stuff. I feel like there's a villain somewhere near campus. I don't know how I feel that way or why, but I just do. I'm gonna talk to a teacher about it, but I just wanted to make sure you knew before I did anything. I always did prefer a friend's words over a teacher's.
Sorry, I know we weren't supposed to be this serious
I just got scared
see ya soon?

Sighing, Sylvia turned to her contact for Jack.

Rose_Feather0307: Jack, meet me at RG's please. I gotta talk to you about serious stuff and also I'm feeling dizzy from those huge flowers.

Jack replied to her almost instantly.

tempsst999: omy
She was at Recovery Girl's office already. Recovery Girl welcomed her inside and proceeded to lay her down gently, providing plenty of sunlight through the specialized window meant only for people with quirks requiring sunlight, like Sylvia, and bathing her in it. She didn't cover herself in a blanket and had to rest with her palms facing upward. To most, sleeping in this kind of sunlight would eventually lead to sunburning or skin cancer at most, but Sylvia was a lucky fellow who didn't have to hide away from the sun and was easily able to absorb most of it. Within almost five minutes, Sylvia's stamina had quickly returned. In that time, Jack had entered the office.​

"Jack," Sylvia said, almost greeting him but not quite.

Jack knew this was a serious matter. "Sylvia, what's wrong?" he asked. "You're healed by now, so..."

"I don't know what it is, but I feel like something's not right around campus. It started when I was doing the training, right before I made my rose forest. I felt a presence. I-I don't know how I did, but I did."

"A presence?" Jack asked, exchanging worried glances with Recovery Girl.

"Sylvia, dearie, do you know what kind of presence it was?" Recovery Girl asked.

"It was definitely dark, but I don't know who it was. It was only for a split second that I felt it, but it's bothered me ever since. I think it's a villain," Sylvia explained to the healing hero.

"My, that isn't good," Recovery Girl pondered. "I shall definitely report this to Deku-san. If I know that boy like I think I do, he will certainly make measures to protect the students."

"For now, Sylv, rest. I'm going to go catch up with Deku. When you wake up, you should change back into your regular uniform and come back to the spectator's office unless I say so otherwise. I'll text you if you're not there by the time we should be leaving. Okay?" Jack said.

Sylvia nodded and sat down, drawing in a sketchbook she had left in Recovery Girl's office. If there was one (of many) things Sylvia loved to do and was very good at, it was definitely drawing. Mostly, she drew people in a cartoonish or anime style, but she was still improving even though she never had proper lessons on drawing, and was even broadening her horizons to include backgrounds into her style. Now she was combining the two and making a beautiful comic (though it was very corny and bad and she knew it, but she continued anyway because she knew she'd improve).

Jack returned to Deku's side and watched the rest of the students practice and evaluate each other's performances. He was worried if Sylvia's hunch may have been right.

Jayblade

Shinji
Shinji had left Ancient's library a while ago, he as going to leave and go home, but on his way back he happened to pass UA. "Now, I could have some fun here, maybe I could even get to see my dear brother." He chuckled and then created one of his shadow animals, it was in the form of a wolf. He made his way onto the school grounds. He let his wolf run around, hoping it would find a student.

Kenji
Kenji then started to walk away from Kaylee, "Well I'll see you later then." Kenji said as he walked outside. As he got outside he noticed something very strange, it seemed to be a black wolf, but it looked like a shadow. He ignited flames in the palm of his hand to see clearly, but as he did this he noticed something else, it looked like a man wearing a black jacket with a hood over his head. Kenji couldn't see his face, the strange figure waved at him. This forced Kenji to run inside as he made his way into the spectating room. He looked at Jack and Deku, "Jack, Deku, I'm not sure if he'll cause harm, but I found a hooded man on the premesis, he also had some sort of wolf creature with him."

Last edited:
Jack and Deku exchanged worried glances. "Thank you for letting me know, Kenji," Deku said. "Everything will be alright. Continue as we planned. Jack, I want you to go report to Principal Nedzu."

Jack nodded and took off once more. He was tired from running around so much, but there was nothing to be done when he was helping the top hero of the world. Besides, a hooded man on the premises was definitely cause for a red flag. He ran off to Nedzu's office. "Nedzu-san? I have some not-so-great news," Jack spoke.

Nedzu looked up from his paperwork. "Ah, Jack-kun! Yes, how can I help you, young man?"

"One of Deku-san's students saw a hooded figure with a wolf on the premises. Deku's continuing class so as not to cause commotion, but he's on high alert for anything nearby and I fear the worst. He told me to report to you and make sure you understood what was happening."

"I see," Nedzu said, his smile fading. "And what battle facility are you using?"

"City B, sir."

"I see. In that case, I will see to it that the security there is increased immediately."

"Thank you."

Jack hoped he hadn't been too late to report to Nedzu.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Kaylee
Originally Kaylee had just allowed Kenji to wander off after he said that he was going to look up at the stars. She eventually decided to follow the boy wherever he might've gone. Upon getting near the school Kaylee noticed a man that was definitely familiar. It was Shinji from the league, and he had a shadow wolf with him so there was no way he was just here for nothing. Kaylee looked around to make sure that Kenji had gone away and that no one was nearby. "What are you doing you idiot? You're gonna get caught out here Shin." Kaylee said not too loudly as to not be heard from an unnecessary distance away.

Unlike how idiotic Shinji was being by simply showing up to the school, Kaylee wasn't trying to get caught as well. She knew for sure that at any moment a teacher, any one of the big three, more pro heroes, or even Deku could show up at any time. Just for outsider effect, she pretended to act scared in the face of this opponent just in case anyone did actually show up in time to see their little interaction.

Jayblade

Kenji
Kenji walked outside to get to Kaylee, at this point Shinji had left. Kenji ran up to her and placed both of his hands on her shoulders. "Kaylee, are you okay? Or did that person hurt you?" Kenji asked, obviously worried about her. He looked around to look for Shinji, but again he had left.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Kaylee
The girl was a bit shocked when Kenji ran up and placed his hands on her shoulders so quickly. She didn't even really hear him coming. She knew that someone would show up, but that was faster than what she thought. Apparently in the split second that Kaylee took to look at Kenji, Shinji had disappeared just as suddenly as he appeared. "Y-Yeah I think I'm okay. He didn't try anything, but now he's gone." she responded, keeping a worried expression on her face the entire time.