• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed MHA: The Heroes of Tomorrow Discussion

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
after the first day in the rp has finished shall we go and skip to the day hero vs villain training, reason being i'm wanting to get through this fast so we can get to the USJ attack and the sports festival

Wait, so we're seriously doing a re-run of the actual My Hero Academia, but with our OCs instead? Deku will be there to protect the 1-A students, and unlike All Might, he doesn't have that kind of terrible injury holding him back from being the best. I think we should try a different plot. Yeah, the exercises should be the same, but the New League of Villains, probably formed by international combinations of villains (including the one who poisoned Sylvia) should have a different agenda.

For instance, what if they interfered with the villain-hero training exercise in 1-A and since Jack will assist Deku in keeping the peace, they have to use Sylvia as leverage? I know I'm kinda drawing a lot of attention to Sylvia, and usually I try to blend with everyone, but Toxic (the villain from America who poisoned Sylvia) would have probably held a grudge against the targets who got her locked in prison, and knowing how close of a family they were, she would probably use her previous victim to get what she and the rest of the team wanted. I'm sorry this is how I'm doing it, but I also feel like this way, Classes 1-A and 1-C can connect and help each other help each other out, if you know what I mean. And, surprisingly, it'll bring Sylvia closer to being healed, too. What do you guys think? It's just a thought, and you're free to say no to it if you don't like it.

EDIT: Also, you don't all have to have a romantic partner. Sure, it's cute, but if you don't want one or don't really need one, then don't get one. Even if someone isn't good for you, you could probably make your own OC and match them with your original one... or something, idk.

Jayblade

okay I wasn't thinking of copying, only parts I want to take are the sports festival and USJ attack, also I actually really like your idea so we can do that and as you said it would be able to bring the two classes together

So you can have Toxic be a member of the league of villains, and I also told @Yusa she could have her villain oc be a member as well, and they will attack during the training, ok I agree to this but do you want other peoples opinions

Of course! Everyone should have a vote. But there also needs to be a way that Sylvia is taken by them, which would probably require the help of a villain with a quirk similar to (but definitely not the same as) Kurogiri's, something that allows them to quickly grab her and go without allowing Jack time to react or stop them; and Jack's reaction time is near-instantaneous.

Warp Gate. He creates portals to places he knows and is able to easily transport himself and other people there. It's unknown what the general limit of that quirk is, though, if there is one, but despite not being a combat-based quirk, it's still very useful to the villains.

Jayblade

I'm not really sure for a quirk similar to Kurogiri's, maybe something similar to instant transmission from dragon ball, btu if you have other ideas post them

It could be someone with a memory wipe quirk, too. They'd grab Sylvia, have someone hold down Jack as much as possible, and quickly make him and Sylvia forget how they got separated, making it easier for them to take her away and use her as a hostage during their planned attack.

Maybe a quirk similar to Genjutsu from Naruto? In which the user can create illusions and apparitions which seem real to the victim. Though, I'm not sure how that would contribute to taking Sylvia as a hostage...

Hm. Well, having a memory wipe and illusion quirk user would be useful. The memory wipe would make Jack lose memory of Sylvia getting separated from him, or a memory alterer would make Jack think Sylvia was safe in class. The illusions, just before the memory alteration, would trick Jack into attacking at nothing and distract him while Sylvia was being stolen from under his nose. Yes, he's a powerful student, a fantastic mind, and a great fighter and hero candidate, but the villains just have more experience than him and know how to take out strong proteges when they're alone. Besides, otherwise, they won't stand a chance against him. It was a stall tactic and ultimately, Jack wouldn't be able to stop Sylvia's abduction, but he's still technically strong enough to defeat them and get her back.

Jayblade

yeah maybe there could be like a rescue arc like the sasuke retrieval arc in Naruto, and they could select a group of students from the hero course along with Jack and Deku to go and save Sylvia (and they can choose general if they are strong enough)

Forgive me if this sounds dumb, but what exactly do you mean by 'vessel' ?
Do you mean someone to pinpoint and teleport to? Or somebody to teleport through?
How do I put it.......it’s like he can transfer to someone’s body, like his Sister. She would feel like he was there but he technically “isn’t” there. He could also do something else, if his sister was the vessel.

Jayblade

so he has a temporary possession over people, maybe he could possess Sylvia, because that would make it easier for them to get her away without people knowing it was them

True, true! He knows how fragile she is because Toxic is the one who damaged her. So he can easily lie and say she was going to check in with Recovery Girl real quick before going to class. Jack could be called by Deku or another teacher because he's needed (or be stolen by students who admire him) and Sylvia would be with the villains without a problem.

Sylvia is the leverage to make the students in Class 1-A do what the villains want of them. Jack will be forced to hold back, especially, since besides Deku, he's the strongest in there.

Jayblade

yeah but do you think we should do the team of strongest students thing to save Sylvia, I think if we do use a team we should think about characters whos quirks would work well together

Jayblade

basically I don't know if you have seen Naruto, but something like where in the Sasuke retrieval arc they assembled a team of ninjas (Or in our case heroes) to bring Sasuke back , I was thinking of doing something similar here and that Is what I meant by the team and obviously instead of Sasuke it will be Sylvia

Jayblade

ok something similar to that, however the teachers will choose a six person team, and the six people will the top six best scorers on the entrance exam, and Jack and Deku can lead them if you want. If you don't like the idea then say

Jayblade

Okay the teachers deciding might not work, but maybe the students could set up a team while the teachers and pros go and try to rescue Sylvia, as I was thinking that one or two of the students could get injured and then they could realise how dangerous it is to be a hero, again tell me if you don't like the idea, I don't mind

Sorry I keep challenging the ideas, but won't the students also try and rescue Sylvia? I think maybe instead of having Sylvia held hostage during the hero/villain training, we should have it done at USJ. It's meant to mostly target Deku and other ex-Class 1-A teachers like Kirishima in order to spur anger and nostalgia. This time, however, their goal isn't to take Deku (or anyone too important) out right away; it's only to get their attention and draw them away from their bigger plan, and since they knew Deku had experienced a USJ attack firsthand, they know it'll get him pissed off and on-guard enough to draw his attention there and lead him away from a possible bigger cause (though Deku would probably be smarter than that).