• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed MHA: New Class in Session Discussion

@Riverrunner Miu is talking to @FlapJackSugaStak character, Cliff

Name: Cliff Archie
Alignment: hero in training
Quirk: Prestidigitation
Quirk Abilities: Prestidigitation works the same as it does in dnd, but if you don't know what it is I'll describe it.
Prestidigitations are minor tricks that novice spellcasters use for practice. Once cast, a prestidigitation spell enables you to perform simple magical effects for 1 hour. The effects are minor and have severe limitations. A prestidigitation can slowly lift 1 pound of material. It can color, clean, or soil items in a 1-foot cube each round. It can chill, warm, or flavor 1 pound of nonliving material. It cannot deal damage or affect the concentration of spellcasters. Prestidigitation can create small objects, but they look crude and artificial. The materials created by a prestidigitation spell are extremely fragile, and they cannot be used as tools, weapons, or spell components. Finally, a prestidigitation lacks the power to duplicate any other spell effects. Any actual change to an object (beyond just moving, cleaning, or soiling it) persists only 1 hour.
Personality: Positive, charismatic, and narcissistic.
Appearance: Cliff has slicked black hair and and blue eyes. He is 5'6, slender, and he is white. He wears an orange jumpsuit and a black cape with white gloves, and black dress shoes.
Skills besides Quirk: Pickpocketing, and theiving.
Other: Cliff was a juvenile delinquent. After realizing where his life was going, he decided to make a change.

If there is anything I need to change, let me know.

You know with something as powerful as a transformation Quirk, not having a trigger an being able to transform into anyone at will is a bit too powerful, not being able to copy Quirk is normal since most transformation abilities does not copy other abilities
Also, I'd like to ask how exactly this is too powerful? Her Quirk allows Harper to buff up a bit, sure, but it's nowhere near OP level. She can't turn into animals or give herself animal qualities without getting stuck in that form for a set amount of time, either. She's really only super useful for recon and stuff.

Also, I'd like to ask how exactly this is too powerful? Her Quirk allows Harper to buff up a bit, sure, but it's nowhere near OP level. She can't turn into animals or give herself animal qualities without getting stuck in that form for a set amount of time, either. She's really only super useful for recon and stuff.
DO you know the potential the ability to transform without limitation is?

I like how everyone is here telling Cloudswift her shape shifting quirk is so broken, yet over half of our applicants have basically the same mary-sue level abilities!

Really guys this is ridiculous, your gonna tell someone they can't change there shape at will when we we've got people flying around like super saiyan's and destroying city-blocks with All Might level attacks that we treat as if its completely normal! MHA is about random chance, your power manifesting in a truly unique, and sometimes weird, way.

Im not saying anyone should change there quirk as that would be rude, but, in my opinion, none of you have a right to comment on Clouds quirk, its one of the only non combat based quirks we've seen.

I like how everyone is here telling Cloudswift her shape shifting quirk is so broken, yet over half of our applicants have basically the same mary-sue level abilities!

Really guys this is ridiculous, your gonna tell someone they can't change there shape at will when we we've got people flying around like super saiyan's and destroying city-blocks with All Might level attacks that we treat as if its completely normal! MHA is about random chance, your power manifesting in a truly unique, and sometimes weird, way.

Im not saying anyone should change there quirk as that would be rude, but, in my opinion, none of you have a right to comment on Clouds quirk, its one of the only non combat based quirks we've seen.
I think the problem was the lack of restraint non Cloud's Quirk

Kazue

-Base: 9-B// Roughly two to three times faster/stronger than a normal human. Could easily bust through a wall and maybe even wrestle down a tiger here and gorilla there.
-Partial Mummification: 9-A to 8-C// Strength can vary in this stage but would more or less allow him to whip through a solid concrete building or drop a few elephants with ease.
-Total Mummification: 8-B to 8-A// Insanely powerful in this state. Could rip a large building from the earth and chuck it at the others like a soft ball, or bandage whip a t-rex into the peak of a mountain....figuratively speaking, of course. Unfortunately, total mummification is a state that Kazue cant use without becoming incapacitated and/or a giant pain in the ass.

Tashi

- Base: 9-C// Tashi has trained his body to its current physical limits to keep up with the competitive nature of others quirks, on top of this he's always wearing brass knuckles. I could see him easily dropping a black belt or two.
- Kinetic Charge: 9-B to 9-A// While I wouldnt say he could drop a building like this, it is enough for him to easily tear through the metal bodies of the exam bots. I would say he could probably wreck a one room like this.

As you can see, this isnt to be taken very seriously. I only ask for power scaling so we can keep destructive capabilities in check, not to constitute the whole rp.
And as its very apparent, I myself cant comment on characters being 'op', because Kazue himself has an incredibly powerful quirk. The thing is, I noted how his quirk has certain limitations due to his inexperience/age. Thats all im really looking for, with all the powerhouses in this rp, it would be helpful if people would add a bit more detail to there quirks? Its faults and rough edges, ya know?

While it'd fluctuate dependant on how useful the source content is in the first place, I'd imagine the highest tier ability Ayato would be able to "copy" would be classified as an 8-C, and that's pushing it. At a base level (assuming his quirk usage time has run out), he'd be a 10-B, seeing as he has little athletic prowess.

The way I see it, his abilities are much more suited to a support role, but he'd refuse to admit that. Even what he's doing now—despite the fact that it's working—is impractical, as it requires utilising either the destruction of a mech at the hands of another student or for him to be attacked first and redirect the damage back towards the aggressor; generally not something you want to have to rely on in a combat situation.
Level Up does still need a bit of polishing, however, as with how it is now there doesn't seem to be much of a drawback for using it for long periods of time (bar for the usual fatigue caused by, well, not sleeping and then having to go fight giant robots). Additionally, the 1:1 ratio of time might be a bit excessive considering he's only a high school freshman.

As for Cloud's character (and others) being considered OP… I'd say not, assuming they're played correctly. My Hero Acedemia as a series is centred primarily around trade-offs in terms of characters' abilities. While I agree that there could be a bit more of a limit placed on the transformation aspect (perhaps limiting her to mimicking human aspects only with invisibility/animals as something she can strive to work towards), the same goes for every other character here as well. Considering everyone else's character, Cloud's is perfectly feasible. Not to mention she's probably the only one who created a quirk based around anything aside from combat capabilities. Being over-powered is relative, in this scenario. Taken out of context, I have no doubt that nearly, if not all, of the characters posted in this thread would be considered far too powerful to exist as a standalone. However, within a universe wherein superpowers have become the norm, having characters with more/less advanced abilities is to be expected. The tide further tilts towards the "more" category considering these characters are up to be accepted in a prestigious (and very selective) school such as UA.
That's just my two-cents on that whole discussion. TL;DR: I really don't see anything wrong with Cloud's Chameleon quirk and, even if it does seem a bit over powered, it really all boils down to how Cloud chooses to play her. Seeing as she's hardly gotten in any posts yet, there's really no room to judge that so early on in the game.

Last edited: