• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed MHA: New Class in Session Discussion

Wait, what? No @Pro Hero Dekiru, I wanted to spot of recommended student, Momo Yaoyorazu is technically the place id be filling.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh.

Okay. That's fine.
Oops. I'm sorry, that was my fault for misinterpreting @Mystic Zander's post and telling @Pro Hero Dekiru the wrong thing.

But then we've got other teachers such a Present Mic who get introduced before Aizawa. Then we've also got the matter of other teachers for the student v teacher trial. Then we've gotta have host's and judges for the physical exams.

Plus, we just need some pros around anyways for things like potential mentors, villain attacks, etc. Im not saying we need a bunch of teachers/pros at the moment, but we will later. Im just putting the idea in everyone's mind.

But then we've got other teachers such a Present Mic who gets introduced before Aizawa. Then we've also got the matter of other teachers for the student v teacher trial. Then we've gotta have host's and judges for the physical exams.

Plus, we just need some pros around anyways for things like potential mentors, villain attacks, etc. Im not saying we need a bunch of teachers/pros at the moment, but we will later. Im just putting the idea in everyone's mind.
I'm not saying other teachers aren't important, I'm just saying the homeroom teachers are the most important.

And I personally don't think you need to go through the trouble of making a teacher OC, since this is just an AU of UA. You can just basically use teachers that are already in MHA.

Also, I think that one of the students should get One For All. I mean, that is why All Might became a teacher at UA in the first place, to pass his quirk to somebody else. Though I think this should be until later in the RP, where All Might gets a feel to our characters and chooses a student who he thinks is right to become the next Symbol of Peace. Though, we need someone who is unbiased to RP as All Might, or else we might run the risk of having a character get the quirk just because.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
You do you.

As for now, I believe that all of the OC's should appear at the Entrance Exam and get acquainted before they are released into the ring.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
May I still join?
Name: Tatsuya Kawamura
Alignment: Hero In Training
Quirk: Electrification: He can use electricity for attacks and can create things like a sword, which is one of his main attacks, he can charge up this electricity for a stronger attack. Two of the downsides is that he can blackout if he uses too much and he can start to get shocked if he uses one of his stronger attacks. (Like Kaminari's quirk he just doesn't turn into Saitama when he uses it too much, I just couldn't think of a name)
Personality: He takes his training very seriously, as he is aiming to be an amazing hero when he is older, but he likes meeting new people and learning about their quirks. He has a bit of an inferiority complex as he thinks his quirk isn't that special compared to the really unique ones.
Appearance: He stands at around 5'11, and he is quite pale with jet black hair (Similar to Todoroki's hairstyle) and brown eyes. Outside of school he can be seen wearing a dark blue tracksuit.
Skills Beside Quirk: He is quite fast and agile, and he is quite smart
Other: He idolises heroes like All Might and hopes to meet him one day

@_Ziruminous If I'm being honest with you, I don't think your character should worry that much about people knowing his father. Most of the villains in MHA hide their identity and the media tends to hide the identity of the villain as well. After all, no one really knew All For One aside from All Might and Gran Torino, and All Might had fought him in the past before.
Heck, no one except for All Might knew the existence of the League of Villains.
They really only show the identity of the villain once they have been caught, and, from the looks of it, Redcell seems to be still out there in his evil ways.
I'm just saying, unless he has been captured by a major hero or something along those lines, then Redcell shouldn't be commonly known. Just saying. :p

sSoul

Previously Swirled
No offense but im confused on how there is 5 & 9 year olds??
I think they're two of them aren't heroes, but notable enough for a bio, and as for the third one, I can't give an answer. Also already missing notifications, yay....
Edit: So I just caught up on the thread and it seems as if we are introducing ourselves before the entrance exams. Wonder who's going to pressure Jurou to use his quirk, since it does hurt him in the process.

Last edited:

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Ohhh, thanks I-Never. I'm not really the best at researching anime. Also, Jurou doesn't really need to use his quirk to show. After all, Tanaka also risks death if he uses his quirk carelessly, and he only explained, so Jurou can do the same.
EDIT: I'll make Tanaka not know about this 'hidden villain' fact. Only him, his mum and a few of the pro heroes know of him. Also, Redcell isn't in the league, just yet.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
So, about the All Might passing a quirk to someone, every character in the RP has a quirk. Would their quirk be replaced with One For All? Or would All For One sort of mix into their quirk, or something like that? Cuz I think One For All, along with another useful quirk is pretty OP.

All for One is said to be an enhancer to someone with a Quirk already. A second Quirk stacked. All Might mentioned if he had given it to say, Todoroki, he'd be an unstoppable superhero (Or grow into one).

Which does present a balance issue. But then again this ability is OP enough to question that already.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Fair point then. Like I said, I don't research the anime much.
BRB, gon watch the latest episode cuz if I dont, I feel empty and guilty and shattered inside. BNHA is like water for me.
I need help

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
If anyone wants to know Tanaka's stats, here:
Power: 3
Quirk Power: 5
Speed: 3
Technique: 2
Intelligence: 4
Cooperativeness: 4

Let me know if I need to change anything.

If I'm not too late, I'd like to join in. (It seems I've missed a… lot of the discussion).

Unfortunately, I may not be able to post as often as others on this thread (I have my own roleplay to run which takes priority over this one as well as IRL responsibilities, at the moment). So if you need someone to get kidnapped or something for the plot, I've got you covered.

As a side note, if you feel his quirk (or anything else about his character) is too unbalanced/overpowered/anything else, feel free to let me know so I can fix it accordingly.

Name
: Ayato "Nami" Minami
Alignment: Hero-in-training
Quirk: "Level Up"
  • Upon playing a game, Ayato gains the abilities of the main character.
  • The ability lasts for approximately the same amount of time he spent playing the game after he steps away from the device (one hour of gameplay, one hour of abilities). Regardless of remaining time, his ability is immediately replaced once he begins to play a new game.
  • If the character's abilities are far too much for his body to handle, he cannot use his quirk at all without risking permanent damage. On the opposite end of the spectrum, if the protagonist has no inherent abilities, he gets absolutely nothing.
Personality: Ayato doesn't read as the… friendliest of the bunch. He much prefers to keep to himself, oftentimes coming off as rude, distant, or disinterested in conversation. He has a tendency to space out a lot, including when it's important to stay attentive. Especially when it's important to stay attentive. Due to such, he tends to be rather uncooperative and unintentionally careless in his decision making process. The limitations of his quirk do nothing to help his aloof personality, as he has a tendency to sleep very little in exchange for more time to use his abilities. Despite that, he carries himself very confidently and isn't shy in the slightest. If you can manage to hold his attention, Ayato proves himself to be surprisingly insightful and easy to talk to, always trying his best to end on an optimistic note.
Appearance: In a word, Ayato is generic. His already light skin is faded to a ghostly pale due to lack of time spent outside. It looks as if he hasn't made even a vague attempt to tame his short-cut, ash brown hair; instead leaving it as an unruly mass of cowlicks. Ayato's 5' 6" build is fairly slender, but far from physically strong due to over-reliance on his quirk. The only relatively abnormal characteristic to his appearance are his eyes, which appear a soft, dusty pink.
He completely throws caution to the wind when it comes to looking presentable, typically wearing a heather grey hooded pullover (adorned with a multitude of circular pins) and a pair of black sweatpants.
Skills besides Quirk: Ayato has some knowledge about the nuances of various programming languages, although not enough to make anything out of it. He is fairly good at voice impressions, although it certainly isn't going to win him any awards. He also knows a surprising amount of information in the medical field, (no) thanks in part to the multitudinous injuries he tends to obtain. He used to take gymnastic classes, although he hasn't retained very many of the skills.
Other: He always has at least one gaming device on his person at all times. Is that a safety hazard? Probably. Does he care? No.

Since we have so many quirk based around the concept of 'energy' manipulation, perhaps we could use the power tiering wiki to our advatage here.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Tiering_System (Tiering System)

For reference, id put All Might around 7-C (that may be a little generous, seeing as one of his biggest feats was destroying several city blocks with the shock wave of his punch) and most other pros around 8-B to 8-C max.

Mind you, this is to reference the damage you could do with a single attack, not over a prolonged period of time.

See thats incredibly powerful for a student. No one, not Bakugo, or Todoroki, or even Deku (technically) are that strong yet.

Your saying your freshman can destroy the entire subsection of a town? Quirks are different from powers, they work with the limitation of the human body. Im not asking you to alter your oc, just making sure you know your oc could very easily become a mary sue.

Oh I know, like I said, something drastic would have to happen for her power to reach that level, and she would use up all her energy in the process, and because of Miu's lack of self worth makes her power even weaker,

Yuki is definitely 9B as of right now.

Tokoyami as of right now is 9C.

And Satsuke is also 9B.

So yeah, with training I bet these guys teirs would raise up quite a bit.

Harper doesn't have a destructive power, so I can't really rank her. I'll explain her Quirk again, though, since I wasn't sure if I did too good of a job in her bio. She can change her physical appearance completely, but she can't change into anything nonhuman(animals and such) and she needs to stay within certain limitations. This means she can't go too large or too small. If she does, she runs the risk of not being able to transform back for a while. Normally, the amount of time she spends stuck in one form correlates with how far beyond the limits she goes. If she were to give herself wings, for example, she would be stuck for a couple of hours, but if she tried to turn into a horse or something, it could be a couple of days before she would be able to revert back to her normal form. This applies to height and muscle as well; she can change her height quite a bit, but the same rules still apply as with animals or generally nonhuman attributes. She's more limited with muscle than with height, though.

From what he could tell, UA didn't have a budget.
Excuse me for just a moment, but.....WHAT!? "UA didn't have a budget." What the hell does that mean!? The school has high-class security, is able to afford enough tech to create the students hero costumes, have buildings which hold environmental areas for the students to train in, and so much more! What gives Jet the idea to think this!?

Sorry, just...felt like I needed to rant.

Harper doesn't have a destructive power, so I can't really rank her. I'll explain her Quirk again, though, since I wasn't sure if I did too good of a job in her bio. She can change her physical appearance completely, but she can't change into anything nonhuman(animals and such) and she needs to stay within certain limitations. This means she can't go too large or too small. If she does, she runs the risk of not being able to transform back for a while. Normally, the amount of time she spends stuck in one form correlates with how far beyond the limits she goes. If she were to give herself wings, for example, she would be stuck for a couple of hours, but if she tried to turn into a horse or something, it could be a couple of days before she would be able to revert back to her normal form. This applies to height and muscle as well; she can change her height quite a bit, but the same rules still apply as with animals or generally nonhuman attributes. She's more limited with muscle than with height, though.
That sounds like a quirk already in MHA, though the user has to consume the blood of another person in order for them to transform, and the user of the quirk in MHA, Toga, is bad-sh*t crazy as she enjoys murder and people who reek of blood.
Though, I am quite curious. Does Harper's transformation quirk have any kind of trigger? Like, Toga needs to drink blood and my character, Tokoyami, at least needs to touch an animal before transforming. It's alright if she doesn't, since characters like Kirishima don't seem to show any kind of trigger when he transforms, but some other characters who use transformation quirks sometimes do.