• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Name: Shinobu Wakaba
Personality: Shinobu is an energetic girl. She's also not reluctant to show her emotions, making her easy to read. She likes little critters and spent lots of her childhood time collecting insects.
Appearance: Shinobu stands at 5'4, she has auburn short hair that looks slightly messy. When not in her UA uniform, she wears white shirt topped with her favorite oversized orange sweater and blue shorts.
Dislikes: History, cold temperature
Hero name: Gunslinger
Quirk: handgun (she can shoot invisible bullets from her hands, there's no solid projectile so its not as strong as real gun. Childhood imagination at its finest!)
Quirk weakness: Her hand take a bit of recoil damage. if she use it in rapid succession for too long her hand will be paralyzed.
Costume: Her costume consist of brown coat, black pants and a brown flat hat. The most outstanding feature though, is her silver gauntlets. It's designed to reduce the recoil damage of her quirk, amplify its power and also give some protection.
History: Shinobu is a late bloomer so she spent most of her time with her group of bullied quirkless friends, until she was 10 years old. Things get messy when she finally gain her quirk though.
Other:

Also, can we make teacher?

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Alright, I nerfed it. Should say that it stays for a few minutes and that the Quirk is powered down. I originally planned them but forgot them later on.

I still think having more then one Quirk and being ABLE to use more than one Quirk at once is kinda OP. Even the copy guy could only do one at a time.

Makes the rest of our cast seem sad XD, but I guess it depends on usage.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Although he has three stored, it takes him quite a bit to switch from one to the other.

It's a bit hard for me to think about a good Quirk at times. Especially one that isn't considered OP.

I get that. Just don't want any one character in this RP to have a power so good it overshadows everyone else. All the students deserve time to shine and be able to realistically compete IMO.

I can understand the struggle. And appreciate you trying to nerf it for balance.

I think Manuel still looks like A class material, unless you prepared something for this. Having seven metal balls floating around is already a good quirk. Then the metal balls can generate shield, copy quirks then use it simultaneously with another balls, if he copy a ranged quirk then he can cast an air strike from seven different directions.

I suggest focus on one thing only. What kind of character do you want to make? What power? What theme? Then start building from that point.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
I think I can make it so he keeps the shield. Perhaps just one attack can be used (which needs 3 or 4 bits to be used), and the copying part is completely forgotten. Sounds good?

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
He can control the seven metal spheres either telepathically or via hand gestures. The spheres can generate an energy shield that must be recharged after taking a few hits. In terms of attacking, the spheres link via energy strings and attack using a sword. I don't mean that each sphere gets a sword, but rather they all work together and use a regular-sized one themselves.

Or just ram themselves into the enemy. XD

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
why don't you just keep the metal balls and manipulate it to like swords and shields and stuff to fight with? Like him sending one of his metal balls and changing it to a spear to impale someone or something. seems less op than copying a quirk

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
He can control the seven metal spheres either telepathically or via hand gestures. The spheres can generate an energy shield that must be recharged after taking a few hits. In terms of attacking, the spheres link via energy strings and attack using a sword. I don't mean that each sphere gets a sword, but rather they all work together and use a regular-sized one themselves.

seems legit

I don't understand the sword part. The ramming seems good though, who want to be smacked by metal balls anyway? XD

A few questions. What is the balls size? What kind of energy shield? How fast they are? Are they still floating around when Manuel sleep? Can you imagine some scenario when other character beat yours without your character making a mistake?

I think that's cool, it's not op but it is strong

even the copycat boy can only copy someone's quirk for 5 minutes.

I still think having more then one Quirk and being ABLE to use more than one Quirk at once is kinda OP

seems less op than copying a quirk

Hmm, from what I can tell, I get the feeling you guys might not like my main Quirk idea
Quirk: Mimic: Able to copy another person's quirk with physical contact, can not copy mutant quirks or quirks that summons things.
Quirk Weakness: Copied quirks have a lower development potential and power than the original using too many quirks simultaneously cause huge stamina drain

Even if I do make it permanent mimic, I’m going severely limit my self. Especially with the power of the Quirk, it’s probably going to be 50% power of th original so only half the power

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Name: Parker Bell

Personality: Parker is usually reserved and quiet, some might even call him cold. However he is a deeply caring and passionate person, it just takes some time to get to see that side of him. He's a loyal friend who would do anything to protect those he cares about, including harming himself to do so. He's also got some interesting, uh, personality traits. Namely, he's a bit of a Chuuni.

Appearance: Parker is 5'9'' and has a fair build. He's got muscle, but not as much as some others his age. His hair is jet black and he sweeps it to the side a bit over his eyes, his eyes are a deep brown color. Typically, he wears a black button up over a dark gray t-shirt. The over shirt is never buttoned though. He also wears black denim jeans or black shorts depending on the weather, and his shoes are black as well. He also always wears a pair of black eyeglasses, he's basically blind without them.

Dislikes: Bright lights, big crowds, overly sweet food

Hero name: Umbra Invictus (Unconquered Shadow)

Quirk: Shadow Flame Fist - Parker can erupt his fists into Shadow Flame. These flames are cold and don't catch on anything or ignite anything. All it does it power up his punches by an almost unnoticeable amount.

Quirk weakness: It uh... sucks?

Costume: Parker's costume is a black padded shirt and pants with a leather jacket over the shirt. The leather jacket has black metal pads on the shoulders, chest, and arms. The pants too have metal pads on the knees and shins. He also gets a mask that covers his upper face and replaces his glasses.

History: Parker grew up with no friends. Due to his quirk, he believed that he was extremely powerful. Everyone else knew he was weak though, and stayed away either to protect their status or because they thought he was weird. However, this lack of social interaction worsened his poor social skill and awkwardness. He's extremely lonely, but won't admit it. He can't have people believing he's weak hearted. He truly does believe that he's all powerful though, and applied to U.A. to prove it to everyone.

Other: His power will get stronger, I plan on him having some sort of awakening in a dire situation. I also plan on having him realize how weak he is, give him a little taste of reality. For now though, he's just pretty damn useless. Also planning on his acceptance into the school being a fluke, if anybody could help come up with some explanation to how he got in that would be great.

Last edited:
Or Smug, it could always be that your quirk is better than your oc thought, with it being known by the teachers that it will grow quite well and being accepted under recommendations.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Or Smug, it could always be that your quirk is better than your oc thought, with it being known by the teachers that it will grow quite well and being accepted under recommendations.

Reccomendations could always work, but I won't be able to post anything really until exams are over. That would be fine though if nobody else wants to be a reccomend student.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
A few questions. What is the balls size? What kind of energy shield? How fast they are? Are they still floating around when Manuel sleep? Can you imagine some scenario when other character beat yours without your character making a mistake?

About the size, they're small enough to fit in your hand. About the shield, I was thinking of some sort of electric barrier. They're about as fast as someone running. If Manuel is unconscious, they just fall to the ground and deactivate. Quirks that can restrict the Bit's movement in any way would prove to be effective against Manuel, as well as Quirks that can inflict quite some damage in a short amount of time. If the opponent can just keep up the pace and never stop attacking, the Bits would deactivate due to the damage sustained.

By the way, about attacking, the Bits turn the previously mentioned shield into a weapon, disabling the shield while attacking. This transition takes a bit.