• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed MHA: International RP

Discussion -> https://pokecharms.com/threads/mha-international.27354/

OOC: Please note that I'm not good at writing start posts to roleplays. I'm starting the exam once everyone is accounted for.

Séan stood in front of the gates to the entrance exam, wondering how they would be tested. He looked around at the few people that had arrived so far and hoped he would be able to make a lot of friends. Séan had arrived early because he was incredibly excited about this. Not just the exam, he wanted to get into this school really badly.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Yyyeeeep. I'm lost" Kaen sighed as he looked around the area. His foot tapped worriedly as the young man stared down the surrounding streets, attempting to make out a group of students waiting for an exam. No such luck.
Until he caught sight of a lone student walking down a street, looking down. They appeared to be on autopilot, and though Kaen hated to bother them, he needed to hurry up.
"Hey kid!" Kaen called out, startling them out of their daze. He attempted a friendly grin. "Lend me your ear for a sec."
Unfortunately his attempt at friendliness appeared for naught as the kid took one look at him, clasped their hands over their ears and cried "Noooo! Don't hurt me!"
Kaen blinked, startled. "No wait-"
Before he had the chance to explain, the student ran off. He clearly had some quirk related to running, because he was fast with a capital speed.
"I'm sooooorrryyyyy!"
Not one to give up, however, Kaen followed.
"Wait up! Don't run away!"
With how hard he ran, Kaen's own quirk activated, steadily increasing both his speed and heat as he nearly caught onto the fleeing student. Until they turned the corner, that is.
With the sudden wall in his way, Kaen crashed, leaving a human sized crater smoldering in some poor sap's brick wall. Kaen pulled himself out, rubbing his bald head. It smarted, but at least his quirk kept him from getting a concussion. He looked to where the student fled, and lo and behold, the entrance to the exams was there.
"Oh. Sorry and thank you, random kid."
His body slightly hissing as heat escaped, Kaen strutted towards the gates.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Walking along the sidewalk, hands in the pockets of his camo shorts, was Leon Greyson, a boy with a square pattern on his skin, like the pattern of a very small chessboard. He'd already known the way to the school by now and was making his way there, keeping to himself and looking down at the sidewalk as to avoid eye contact with people.

Soon enough, he had reached the school grounds, where plenty of students already stood, waiting. Scoffing at this, Leon took off his sandals and leaped up, using as few stickers on the soles of his feet as possible in order to take as few steps as needed through the air to get atop a tree branch. Once having reached the tree branch, he just hung his sandals on a branch a bit above himself, hiding them in the leafage of the tree. With that done, Leon sat down on a lower, thicker tree branch and shook his feet, shaking off the dead skin stickers that had their pockets of adhesive used up. After the fact, he just sat there, swinging his legs and watching the crowd in silence.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Yamini Ruiko-Teyami

Yamini had been walking to the start of UA's entrance exam, He'd been ready for this since the day he heard that the UA entrance exam was going to begin. Yamini also heard that his dad, Brian was going to be judging the students in the exam.

What his dad did tell him though, was that his acceptance wasn't set in stone, and that he'd have to get a good score in the exam. Yamini saw the different types of people in the gates, A boy was up a tree, just hanging, while two other boys were at the gates. Waiting for them to open. He was wearing a small bag at the time to carry his rabbit, which he would need a lot throughout the exam, though he was pretty sure that the exam would last only for less than an hour, so he'll have enough time to recharge his energy at different points in the exam.

Yamini's dad hadn't told him anything about the entrance exam, which meant he didn't know what was going to happen in there, Though he knew that he was prepared enough to make it through.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Akeru chewed the inside of her cheek nervously as she approached the school, practically vibrating with apprehension. She wasn’t sure what kind of people or quirks would be there, and she twisted her fingers together, reassuring herself that her gloves were on and that there was absolutely no chance of touching and accidentally transforming into someone. She had gotten barely two hours of sleep the night before, which left her in a meeker, milder, more controlled state than usual—both a blessing and a curse.

The school was big, much bigger than Akeru had expected. Idly she wondered how she would be able to find the one person she knew would be there eventually. Unfamiliar faces surrounded her, both unaware of and unbiased towards her quirk, but also quite unlikely to approach what appeared to be a random blond girl wearing jean shorts and a tank top with black gloves in the late summer heat. Akeru stopped chewing her cheek suddenly, pressing her tongue up against the now-bloody inside of her mouth. Oops, she thought to herself. Just breathe, Akeru. I am Akeru. I am fifteen. My birthday is March 22. My mother’s name is Chaian. My dad is an asshole. My best friend is Ryo… She continued her mantra, reminding herself of her identity with every half-muttered line.

~Yu Wu...~

Yu laid in her bed talking to two spirits. The spirit of a lady in her early thirties and a twelve year old boy.

"I don't get why you gotta go to stupid school for!" The boy pouted.
"I know. I already said I'll talk to you after school" Yu said.
"Ignore the boy. Not a ounce of wisdom in that spectral noggin of his. Focus on your education, deary!" The woman said.
"Do you remember who leaves yellow by your grave every saturday? Spenser? " Yu asked.
"You dooo..." Spenser(The boy) reluctantly said.
"Do you remember who reads you your favorite story book from time to time?" Yu asked once more.
"
"Yu!... The Beetle and the Hummingbird. " Spenser said now smiling.
"I'm gonna spend a lot of time at school, but I'll always have time for you guys" Yu said.
"Don't forget the" The woman was interrupted.
"The blue lilies in the park. Right next to the old oak tree. I know Vivien" Yu said.

"Yu! Breakfast" Yuina called.
"Coming mom" Yu said heading downstairs.

Spensor and Vivien both left Yu's room, and returned to their resting places. Yu went in the dining room, and sat in her usual spot closest to the window so she could look outside at the flower garden her mother grew. Each patch of flowers had a small nameplate next to it with the name of a deceased person. Yuina liked having a flower garden with peoples names to remember and show respect to the dead.

Yu's father was reading the newspaper as usual. Her oldest brother was in his casual clothes. He would be visiting them only for breakfast before heading to his hero agency to begin his day at work. Then there were the twins who were eating breakfast and joking around. Then there was the youngest boy who was getting ready for elementary school.

Yu was going to be going to UA. Though it wasn't yet confirmed that she'd be attending UA just yet. In order to even be able to attend UA, one must attend and get high scores on the Entrance Exam. The entrance exam determined who would make it into UA. There were a few exceptions to this as there were students whom had gotten into UA via recommendations, though those students were an extreme rare case.

Yu ate her breakfast and began walking to school. Toast still dangling from her mouth like an idiot. Not a care in the world. Confident that she would not bite through the toast causing it to fall on the dirty sidewalk she continued her merry way. She would make her way to school. Soon enough, school was just in eye sight. She could see the school getting closer and closer.

Yu finished eating her toast by the time she arrived at the school. Yu smiled at the students at the school and waved. She looked around curious as to what would happen next.

Wow, there are so many people here...
As a young woman with what was attempted at being a concealing hooded jacket walked up to the gates of the entrance exam, she was a bit taken aback at just the amount of hopeful first-year applicants there had been present for the occasion. Granted, this was a chance to get into one of the premier hero schools in the entire world, so maybe she should not have been surprised but still it was one thing to anticipate a crowd size vs. what it actually had been in person.

Asami sighed a bit, the shark girl worked to cover her scaly features behind her hoodie but really with the dorsal phin that stuck out of the back of her jacket and shark tail that hung behind her it was not much fooling anyone, but still her shy nature and lack of polished practice in the way of social situations was not about to let a silly little thing like logic get in the way. Her focus for now was to keep her hands in her jacket's pocket and keep a low profile; not as if she had much experience with starting a conversation with strangers, so she'd limit her own chances to embarrass herself out of the gate.

Besides, for the moment, more than anything she just tried to focus on the exam to come...her chance to become a hero, she could not waste this opportunity even if the nerves crawled and formed a lump to her throat. Well, she had been sure that would fade soon enough, or least she hoped...

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
As more and more students arrived at the school an interesting pair of blondes with thick british accents arrived at the gates. They appeared locked in conversation for the time being "I don't what you so worried about as long as your timing is ok you won't even get hurt by what ever is in the exam" a very fed up looking Amy said to her twin brother Roman. He looked at her and shrugged "I guess but it's not like I can do anything other than avoid getting hit..", "oh for the love of god Roman, just stop whining we here now let's just focus on being nice and making sure we're ready" she said cutting him off and patting him heavily on the back. The siblings stood together chatting idly about what could happen and random idle things as they waited.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Ryo was running late to the entrance exam. Unlike most people, Ryo was in the back of a pretty expensive looking Rolls Royce. It was one of the many privileges he had, living under his grandfather. Though in the back of the car, Ryo had a look of boredom. It was one you never really got to see all that much, for once he was bored. His grandfather had made sure to make him wear a suit, he wanted his grandson to 'make an impression'. Ryo didn't want to make an impression, he wanted to just look casual and not look like he had a golden spoon up his ass. As the driver stopped the car, Ryo bid him goodbye as the driver wished him luck. Ryo dreaded having to look like this, it felt too serious. He groaned a bit as he got a few weird stares, it's not like he really had a choice on how he looked.

Ryo's grandfather wasn't a massive fan of the idea. He didn't want Ryo to throw his own life away trying to help others when he could perfectly help himself. He wanted Ryo to do business work instead, carry on his grandfather's business so he wouldn't be a bum trying to play dress up. Ryo hated that, that thought of his grandfather looking down on him. He made sure to always remind Ryo that his quirk was not heroic in any way. How his quirk was too dangerous to be a hero. Chopping others up really isn't that heroic, is it? However, Ryo was determined to come here, he was determined to be a hero. He wanted to show the world that no matter the quirk, he could be a hero.

Walking around a bit, he was searching for one person. Nobody looked like they were against him, so that was a good start. For now he kept his rip cord hidden, he didn't need it to catch onto something and have his quirk exposed so quickly. Maybe it would be bad if he was a walking chainsaw monster already. After walking around a bit he was starting to get a bit angsty, where the hell was she?! He kept his formal look for now but as he continued his search he soon took off the black blazer and held it, he really dislike wearing it. So formal and weird. Then he saw her, he saw her. Ryo walked up behind her as he placed a hand on her head, patting her hair as he bent down so his head was in height with hers. "Heya! Hope I didn't worry you that much. Traffic can be a bitch", he smiled. There he was again, that warm smile he always had. Ryo still had his tie on, but by now he had tied the blazer around his waist.

@=Nightshade=

Moxi was swinging from building from to building “I hope that the test exam this year is fun!” He said while laughing. He swung up and jumped onto a street light and looked ahead of him and saw U.A. “ There it is! Ok time to try out that new move I made.” He said as he stretched out his hands to the pole in front of him “Rubber: Rocket!” He yelled as he shot himself into the air at high speeds. “Wait, I thought about how I was gonna get their, but I didn’t think about how I was gonna land.” He thought before flying past the U.A. gates and almost hitting two students idly talking.

=Nightshade=

My name is Akeru, my mother’s name is Chaian— wait, birthday. Age! Um, fifteen, my birthday is, uh… it’s— Akeru looked up from her feverish counting when she felt a familiar hand on her head. She turned on her heel and let out a small sigh of relief that turned into a giggle. “A suit. Wow, your gramps really isn't all too keen on you looking like a “commoner” is he?” She pulled her gloved fingers through her hair just to give her hands something to do as she grinned tiredly up at him. “Fashionably late as u-su-al?” she added in a teasing tone, punctuating each syllable with a poke. She felt more at ease, more grounded when around people who had had connection to all aspects of the “real” Akeru, like her mother and Ryo, as if they could remind her of herself if she forgot.

@Schrift

Last edited:

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Alex Knight, he/him, UA
(Just a reminder that most people will think he’s a girl.)
Alex arrived at the school and was very nervous. He wore his usual black hoodie. He looked down at his he/him bracelet as he went up to the other students.
I look like a girl, don’t I… He thought, standing to the side of the crowd. Why do I have to be so confused about everything? Alex frowned slightly, tucking his hands into his pockets.
He decided to people watch while he waited for someone to come up to him. For some reason, people liked coming up to him and introducing themselves. Aunt Ruby always said that he just looked friendly, which is why people came up to him.
Alex did see someone almost hit two students as they swung by. Hope that kid’s okay…

Last edited:
While waiting for the entrance exam to begin, the pale girl's restless eyes began to wander aimlessly at the potential future students waiting as well. A chainsaw kid, a girl in a black hoodie, and the rubbery kid. "Oh dear... I wonder if he's okay..." Yu said.

Yu's milky eyes stopped on a tailed girl with a large dorsal fin sticking out her hoodie. Her and the chainsaw kid stuck out like sore thumbs. Yu approached the shark girl, "hiya! I'm Yu. No. Not You. I'm Yu Wu. Nice to meet you" Yu said waving at the girl.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
While more people began to gather by the entrance exam, Jess a young woman with a pair of folded up feathered wings on her back was busy doing some last minute push-ups as she had been there for a while. Jess seemed to have a smile on her face as she finished up her routine, the entrance exams were almost here! A chance to be a true pro hero was more than the energy Jess needed as motivation as she practically bounced up after he finish push-up as she rolled her shoulders and got a good look at some faces who walked, or in the case of one swung in, to the area and it seemed they had quite the cast even if many would not make it to one of the hero classes. Just a numbers game, and Jess was determined to make the cut no matter what it took, and honestly the wide field of competition only seemed to make the young woman more excited than anything else.

Jess clutched her first to herself and seemed to form a smile, yes, no matter what she'd make this her day and get into this school that had been her promise to herself!

"As a great man once said - being early is cool. Great woman actually. Because I said it." Isabelle said to herself. She hadn't arrived early due to excitement, but more or less out of boredom (and because it was cool). She'd rather wait outside than wait cooped up in her room, with hardly anything to do. There were a surprising amount of people already there, despite being pretty early. Eventually, a lot more started to show up.

Man, I hate other people.
Isabelle found herself idly thinking as she watched a guy made of rubber fly over her. She was getting pretty annoyed, having to wait so long. Her eyes kept wandering and guessing what people's quirks were, some of them obvious while others very inconspicuous. She couldn't help but chuckle when she saw two students almost being hit by the rubbery guy.

Alright so far so good, a couple of looks but nothing too focused. Yeah, so far doing well to not make a fool of myself, maybe this will go well...

"Hiya!

"Eep!"
Asami was slightly spooked as a student came up to her and seemed to exchange a friendly if not clunky greeting given her name as on impulse she pulled her hoodie more to cover her facial features. However, as she finished she had tilted her head her way as her eyes did still reveal themselves and sheepishly she worked to reply in kind.

"A-asami....Asami Natsuko, n-nice to meet you as well." Asami said, in spite of her stutters she tried to be formal as she could as she had given her own greeting to the pale girl and even tried to mirror her wave; though her scaly hand caused her to quickly mask it in her jacket pocket as she inwardly cursed at how silly she was being but had been unable to stop such impulses. "S-sorry guess uh...just a little shy I-I suppose..."

@ThAtGuY101

Moxi’s head got stuck in the ground when he crashed, he tugged three times before he finally got his head out of the concrete and shook his head to catch his bearings “Man, that was dangerous if I wasn’t made of rubber I’d most likely die from that impact especially since I hit the concrete.” Moxi then looked into his bag to make sure nothing was broken, before realizing the two twins looking at him “ Oh, hey how’s it going?”

@Void_Nugget

Yu smiled a little bit bigger after being greeted back. "How's the weather in there?" Yu said tilting her head with a cheerful grin.

Yu stopped for a moment to look at the school and think for a moment. She thought about why she was going to UA and why she wanted to be a hero. She looked back at Asami.

"So your planning on coming to UA too? I mean it's pretty obvious since here you are, out here... UA... Are you nervous about the entrance exam? I know I am. The odds of getting in feel so low, but I'm confident if I give it my best, I'll do good. What do you think? I bet you can totally ace the exam" Yu said extending her hand out for a hand shake.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
As the rubber boy collided with the ground in front of them Amy and Roman looked on with mild interest "so your made of rubber huh?" Amy said casually as she eyed up the guy. Roman glanced at him and then turned to glance at others "Rubber is cool but nothing beats your quirk in my eyes" Roman stated blatantly as usual neglecting how that might sound boastful or rash. He stood there acting liked he'd said something completely non biased. Amy shook her head and chuckled slightly as she subconsciously agreed with her brother.
@Moxxie the ultimate imp

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Given some interesting characters, including a collusion with a student who seemed to be rubber-based if her visual was anything to go by, Jess decided to go mingle with some of her possible peers. They had time to kill before the exam, and getting to know a face or two couldn't hurt now could it? Besides, nothing beats a first good impression. Jess thought to herself as she walked; passing by a female student with a black hoodie and a bracelet as she figured she seemed friendly enough to speak to as she walked up to her wings folded on her back.

"I like your bracelet, it's cute and suits you." Jess said with a smile as she tried to open up with a compliment to the hooded student to get a conversation going. An ice breaker if you will.

@Shikowara

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Gramps wants me to make a first impression eugh", he groaned, as he took off his tie and stuffed it into his pocket. He still kept his glasses on however, without those he'd be as blind as a mole rat. "I'm sorry I couldn't walk with you, gramps found out I was going to walk and he made sure I was taken here by a driver. The old man really doesn't like people", Ryo sighed. If Akeru looked at his chest, she could probably notice a blue blob under his shirt. Yes Ryo had put on his keychain she gave him, a blue jellyfish with sewn on tentacles. He considered the keychain to be good luck to himself. He pouted a bit when she mentioned his fashion, "You know I dislike wearing suits with a passion, if only I could just rip it apart and wear something else-", Ryo stopped talking for a second. He squatted down a bit as he looked into both her eyes, he studied them closely for a second. He cupped her face in his hands as he simply examined her head, "did you sleep well?",he asked, as he tilted his head. Ryo let go of her face now, standing back up above her. Maybe she was just stressed out from y'know, big entrance exam... or maybe she's stressed over something else? Eh I'll figure it out hopefully, he said all inside his head.

@=Nightshade=

"Oh uh it is fine I suppose..." Asami answered at the weather comment, she presumed it was meant to be something light to ease the awkward tension as thankfully her hoodie masked the blush from the flustered feelings speaking to a new face caused. Still it seemed she was also a UA hopful which was not a shock to Asami but she had not expected her to go on about if she was nervous for the exams as well as expressing her own hopes and assurance that she could make it and also extended those beliefs to her which Asami had been taken aback by to a degree.

"O-oh well I hope you get through to, though with how many are trying to get in odds seem long...: Asami mused, and really she had considered herself unremarkable for much of her life. She was not someone exceptional, like her mother had been. So she often wondered if she had what it took to really make it in one of the premier hero schools in the world.

"Y-you seem so sure it will work out, how do you maintain such confidence?" Asami asked Yu, as she wanted to know what her "secret" was to having such positive energy before the biggest exam of their lives. Perhaps she had the secret that could help Asami, though it seemed like a long shot admittedly.

@ThAtGuY101

=Nightshade=

Akeru’s eyes slid subconsciously to the side, suddenly becoming very interested in a random tree over Ryo’s shoulder. “Yyyyyuuuuhhhnooomaybe,” she muttered, blurring her words together into something rather unintelligible. Hopefully he took the Y at the front as just a long drawn-out “yes.” She blinked twice as though that would magically remove the slightly darkened circles under her eyes. “It’s nothing… was just excited this morning so I got up early to go for a run…”

Even to Akeru’s own ears the excuse sounded pretty lame. While it wasn’t completely untrue, it wasn’t exactly the whole truth either. Nervous tension had kept her up through the twilight hours and beyond before she fell into a dream in which she kept switching bodies, then woke with a splitting headache at around two in the morning. Then she did go for a run of sorts, after locating one of the cats she was taking care of, touching it with five fingers, and giving herself over to the animal’s simpler instincts. She may or may not have eaten a live mouse during this period, though Akeru refused to admit it to herself and still forced her no-longer-hungry human self to eat half a bowl of cereal a while after.

“Anyways,” she said brightly. “Wonder what the exam’ll be like. Hopefully I don’t accidentally copy a really gross quirk, that would be weird…”

@Schrift

"Thanks" Yu said in response to Asami wishing her luck. Yu shrugged when Asami asked her about her confidence. Yu didn't have any particular method for gaining confidence. Her biggest source of confidence stemmed from her lack of concern.

Yu chuckled, "I guess I maintain confidence the same way you or anybody else does, ya know? In order to get the cinnamon roll off the breakfast table, you gotta take one step at a time" Yu said now daydreaming of breakfast cinnamon rolls.

"We both came to UA. That means we both came here believing we can get into UA. The confidence is already there, you just gotta utilize it. Like icing on a breakfast cinnamon roll!" Yu said cheerfully no longer thinking about confidence but breakfast.

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Jabari
Jabari let out a sigh of relief as his Mother: Dranda and his Father: Booker had pulled up onto the curb. “Bye Mum!” He said as he slid open the van door. The white and black van door squeaked as he slid it open due to the rusted machinery that seemed to make it open. He stood on the base of the curb, he was small in size and was just a few inches above where the window sat. Nervously he backed away having hade his dad ruffle his dark blonde hair that shagged upon his pale skin. “Bye Mum, bye Dadd!” Jabari said again, forcing himself to wave and run up to where the other people stood gathered. He seemed unusually shorter than the others but really Jabari didn’t care much of size and more of the Quirks that they had. But knowing that the entrance exam would begin soon so instead of socializing he began stretching his now tense muscles.

Reese
Reese stopped as the school came in view. Her parents would’ve dropped her off if they hadn’t worked or claimed they did. She wished she could drive or else she would’ve definitely drove herself. Some small breezes blew over her, making her long black hair blow into her face. Though as she approached the sliver gates that were at the front of the school she had noticed her friend: Jabari. Her and Jabari had always been friends and she looked forward to her maybe being in her class (if she pass as well). She popped a piece of gum into her mouth, she used this to make her stay quiet because first impression were not her shine. She went to talk to Jabari but realizing he had ignored her, she faded away to stand towards the back.

Duncan 'Dunks'
Duncan couldn’t believe that so many were there. He had his left hand (which had been cut recently) inside his jacket pocket and his headphones had been in his dark ears. He had walked here because he hadn’t wanted to be driven, probably not to attract attention because of his run down useless vehicle. “Estos idiotas, ¿verdad? ¡DECIR AH!” (-“These idiots, am I right? HA!”-) He laughed as he approached the group and stopped before reaching them so he could actually hear. Duncan hadn’t really planned when someone said hi, but he doubt anyone would. So he basically just stood there jamming to his music and waiting.

| Korutesu |

Yamini Ruiko-Teyami

There were so many types of different students there, One that was rubber, another was a shark and a lot more students were there. Yamini was really excited for the entrance exam, as he knew his rabbit could definitely protect him, and other people if needed.

Inside his bag though, was his rabbit, Makoto, along with other stuff. Some of these things were medical supplies if some of them get hurt, a sewing kit if Makoto gets ripped, and some water. For drinking. A good thing to do is to make friends though, as if he ever were to lose more power than expected, he could rely on them to help him. Yamini had to converse as much power as he can, lest he'd want to faint because of the loss of energy.

Maybe he could go talk to someone, but he didn't know who. At that point, Yamini didn't even know if his quirk was gonna work against these robots. He just hoped it did.

Séan was standing in the middle of the giant horde of exam-takers. He would've preferred being on the outskirts so he could hear himself think and potentially make some friends. In the middle of the horde, no one could hear you talk because everyone was talking at the same time. But it was too late trying to get out now. If he did, he would be trampled. And he preferred to stay uninjured until the exam would start.

Miranda Wright had been given the responsibility of hosting the exam. As the clock neared the time for the exam to start, she decided she'd let the children outside know about it. She activated the mic which was connected to the speakers outside where the children would hear it.
"Can I have everyone's attention, please? Thank you. Good day, everyone and welcome to where the exam is held. The exam will start in five minutes so get yourselves ready. I'll be back when the exam is about to start to tell you what kind of exam it is, and to give you all the starting signal. Goodbye for now" she said into the mic.

Séan checked his phone to look at the time. 9:56 AM. The woman who spoke likely meant that the test would start at 10:00 AM on the dot but had spoken long enough for a minute to pass. Séan grinned like a maniac. He was incredibly excited about getting started even though he had no idea what kind of exam it was. He hoped it would be something where he could get good use of his martial arts skills.

Asami was not sure what she expected to hear as an answer from Yu, but somehow when she explained herself it all seemed to simple even to the most naïve of people. But the added analogy to things helped paint a picture as the shark-girl nodded lightly in response.

"I see..." Asami said, before she heard Yu begin to to talk about how because they bothered to come here, they had to already have the desire and the belief that they'd be able to make it through. And perhaps he had a point, Asami did desire to be a pro hero and in spite of her setback last year she had come all the way overseas for this opportunity. That could not all have been done if there was not some part of her that believed she could do this.

"Let's do our best..." Asami said with a soft smile, then it seemed they got the official memo. Five minutes, and unsure of what else to do, Asami took a bottle of water she had in her jacket and used it to take a sip as well as freshen her gills by soaking them a bit to keep herself hydrated.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Alex Knight, looks like a girl, he/him, UA
A winged girl came up to him and complimented his bracelet. “O-oh, thank you.” He blushed slightly. Did she notice the pronouns? I half want her to, but half don’t at the same time…
“Um, I’m Alex Knight. What’s your name?” He asked quietly. Then he heard someone announce that the exam is in five minutes. Okay…five minutes. He made a mental note. He tightened his ponytail and fixed his bangs a bit, wanting to be presentable.

@Sarah316

"Yep! Let's both do our best and both get into UA!" Yu said cheerfully. Just like that, they were told of the upcoming entrance exam. Yu crosser her fingers hoping she'd do well. She wondered what sorta test they could probably face. Yu assumed it would probably be either a combat or written test. Possibly a combination of the two.

Five minutes, huh? Guess that five minutes is mental preparation time" Yu said.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Jess seemed to smile, the blush was a bit cute though she seemed to be unaware of her mistake as far as pronoun assignment yet as she focused on her own introduction. "Jessica Marquez, but you can call me Jess." Jess said as she clarified her preferred nickname before she also got the notice Alex did. Five minutes. Jess smiled to herself as she stepped to the side and extended her pair of white feathered wings giving them a moment to flap and stretch out as she seemed to cast a grin Alex's way.
"Wish you luck for the exam, let's show them why we are UA material." Jess said as she tried to encourage Alex as she'd like to see "her" make it through.

@Shikowara

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Ryo sighed as he patted her head again, "Maybe, guess I wasn't the only one that found it hard to sleep. Did the test scare you? Or was it something else? I shouldn't be pressing too hard with these questions", he chuckled. Ryo knew a bit about Akeru's quirk, not enough to know about how bad it could get. When it did get out of hand he'd normally try his best to help her as much as he could. Ryo was definitely stressing out last night, that constant reminder that his quirk was definitely going to scare some people shitless. His quirk was great for combat, anything else and it was a bit of a burden. He could only hold up that chainsaw form for around 5 minutes before he burns up all that fuel. 10 minutes if he wanted to stretch it. He had spent the last night testing his quirk and it was clear by the fresh scares on his arms and hands. He tried his best not to make them noticeable, it was a frequent problem for him to end up with scars.

"I hope I don't have to use my quirk either, you know how scary I can be with it and I really don't want to have the title of Chainsaw man before I start school. My chainsaws aren't that bad, are they?", he said, laughing a bit. When the speakers went off, Ryo was taken back a bit as it confused him more. Nothing to tell him what they were going to be doing? Not even some ground rules? "This is going to be an interesting test", he grinned as he rolled up his sleeves. Ryo wanted to get as ready as possible, the second those gates opened he would happily charge through the crowd. Hell he didn't mind if he had to put Akeru on his shoulder. "Don't get too scared now"

@=Nightshade=

=Nightshade=

When Ryo continued asking questions about the quality of her sleep, Akeru’s tone turned curt. “It wasn’t anything. Nothing at all,” she growled, suddenly irritable. She noticed fresh scabs on his arms and hands and made a tsk sound at the back of her throat, suddenly annoyed at everyone and everything and especially irritably concerned with Ryo’s uncanny ability to just hurt himself with his quirk, no regard for his own safety. It was stupid, honestly—he should be more cautious.

At his spoken concern about his quirk being intimidating, Akeru’s now-steely-hard eyes shifted to catch his face in an unwavering gaze. “Your chainsaws are nothing to be afraid of, you can control them. Anyone who thinks you’re a monster is just an idiot, coward, or both.” She realized she’d subconsciously been chewing her cheek again, and she stopped. “I’m not scared,” she muttered darkly, punctuating it with a punch on his shoulder, although it didn’t have much force; it was thrown rather lightly to begin with and was padded my his now-rolled sleeves anyway. “We’ll be fine.”

Last edited:
"Y-yeah, mental preparation is a good way to put it..." Asami mused, as in a way speaking to Yu helped her feel even a touch easier about things. As if the conversation helped life the weight of anticipation and nerves off her shoulders as she now hoped they could both pass so that it wouldn't be the last time their paths crossed. But she had to focus on what was the come as she subtly eyed the gates behind her hoodie and sighed to herself.

Remember what mom said, you can do this...you can do this...

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Hey, so think you'll do well?"
"Feeling healthy?"
"Check this out!"
All of Kaen's "friendly" attempts to know his peers were met with dust as they all ran, shuffled, or rolled away. Kaen sighed, wondering if he was acting too friendly? Was there such a thing? Why else would every freak at the sight of him?
After the fifth attempt, Kaen gave up, moving away and looking up upon Miranda's announcement. When a test was mentioned, Kaen felt his excitement come back. Sure, this was a bit of a bummer, but he couldn't forget why he was here. Kaen was gonna become a hero.
His spirits renewed, Kaen began stretching, practicing punches, and moving around as much as possible. His body began heating up again, lowing slightly with the rising heat.
He could've sworn he heard something about a delinquent looking for a target during this. Maybe they'd be willing to talk? Surely, he could knock some sense into this bully if need be.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Deciding to play a little prank, Leon leapt out of the tree with a smirk, leaving his sandals there since he doubted anyone was gonna take used sandals that were hanging that high up in a tree. Stealthily, he snuck over to the closed entry gates as the staff member made their announcement, looking left and right before dropping some of his skin stickers on the floor around the gates. All except where he stood. He made sure to have spread them out as to keep them hidden, then just walked back a few steps and crouched down, standing on the grass, waiting for the exam to start.

Because, when it did.. some of the other participants would find it hard to move from the spot.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Alex Knight, looks like a girl, he/him, UA
“Nice to meet you, Jess.” Said Alex. He watched as Jess’s wings flapped a bit. Her wings were very elegant looking, he thought.

“UA material?…Uh, yeah!” He gave her a nod. He looked at the building before them and took a shaky breath. Was he really ready? He had been training with Aunt Ruby for years. He turned back to Jess, not sure what else to say.

@Sarah316

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Jess smiled a bit as she folded out her wings and did some quick stretches, mindful to keep space so she wouldn't have her wings poke at Alex as she eyed the gates. "This is gonna be fun, at least I hope it is and not some stupid written test."

When Alex turned to her, she smiled back at the student and gave "her" a thumbs up. "Hell yeah that is the spirit, a little girl power can go a long way. Look forward to seeing you across the finish line." Jess mused, though her presumptions of "her" looks seemed to slip off the tongue in spite of good intentions.

@Shikowara

| Korutesu |

Yamini Ruiko-Teyami

Yamini had heard the announcer say that there were five minutes left before the exam. Yamini knew he wasn't prepared. He could make his rabbit attack the robots, though it'd probably take too long. He knew it was probably enough to destroy a few robots though.

His dad hadn't told him anything about the test, though he'd heard about all the other tests that had happened, and most of them were about the robots. All of them had to destroy robots to get points, and the 10 highest points would normally get a good chance to get accepted. "Okay... I still have time to double check what i have and don't have. OK. I have enough stuff for the whole test. I shouldn't keep worrying. Wait, where did it go?" Yamini's cloud necklace which his father gave to him was missing. It was a necklace that would let him be able to talk with his father, even when far away. "Oh no, no, no, I must've left it at home.." If Yamini had lost his necklace, he won't be able to contact his dad, since his dad doesn't have his cellphone during missions. "Where.. Where is it? It was in here when i left home..." He needed to find it as fast as he could before the exam started, or he wouldn't be able to find it and he'd have to ask his dad for another one, Which Yamini didn't want to do. He needed to find that cloud necklace, as not only was it used for communication, it was also very important to him.